Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    What's this real world place you speak of?? :confused: :pac:

I'm sitting at home with curtains closed. Real world can kiss my arse

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I'm still here but I am convincing myself that I'm being productive by not posting, even if I am reading everything :rolleyes:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Just booked a weekend in Poznan for the end of April. Anyone ever been?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

bluewolf wrote: »
    Good, seems to have been something strange happening last night as nobody seems to have slept well! bunch of people in the office and myself and on boards
    I hardly slept at all :(

Oh, you'll have a great time at Lear, miamee!

Going to Opening Night at the Gate Theatre tonight. I'm VERY excited! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

miamee wrote: »
    Morning all (barely!), how are we doing today?

I have booked some tickets to go see King Lear on Friday in the Abbey, woo! And I have some fun stuff to do after work tomorrow and a night to do nothing tonight. Oh but I am a bit sick...sad times. I have a horrible cough, if it's not shifted or at least quietened down by Friday I may be evicted from the Abbey :eek:

You're in for a treat, its wonderful

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Hermione* wrote: »
    I hardly slept at all :(

Oh, you'll have a great time at Lear, miamee!

Going to Opening Night at the Gate Theatre tonight. I'm VERY excited! :D
    Thanks Hermione* - is that the John Hurt one? Krapps Last Tape. Lucky you, that will be amazing!
    eviltwin wrote: »
    You're in for a treat, its wonderful
    Thanks eviltwin, really looking forward to it. I haven't been to the Abbey for a good while!

Thanks Hermione* - is that the John Hurt one? Krapps Last Tape. Lucky you, that will be amazing!

Thanks eviltwin, really looking forward to it. I haven't been to the Abbey for a good while!
    Yep, it's the John Hurt one. It's sold out now but we booked our tickets ages ago, because we're nerds. We only realised yesterday our tickets were for Opening Night! I am beside myself with excitement :o:D

The hype about Lear is genuinely well-deserved. So many good actors in it. You'll have such a good time!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I love the buzz of opening nights and seeing who is there on top of getting to see something new. So exciting, enjoy! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

4 interviews for potential college course in September already....

That's 4 more than last year. :pac:

Take that 365 days ago.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

John Hurt's in Dublin? Awesome.

God I feel old.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

John Hurt's in Dublin? Awesome.

God I feel old.

U feel old because John Hurt is in Dublin??? Imagine what he feels so?? :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Hah!

Ah, just very tired. How are you?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Hah!

Ah, just very tired. How are you?

The same, tired and just drained at this stage.. Have nearly 2 weeks off over Easter so looking forward to some downtime. Just me, my sofa, my bed, lots of decent food, plenty of sleep and a few books n movies.

Sounds good. Don't eat too much chocolate, though that's blasphemy around here. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

That_Guy wrote: »
    4 interviews for potential college course in September already....

That's 4 more than last year. :pac:

Take that 365 days ago.

TG!! I've missed you posting here.

Third and final inspection done and dusted today - Spring teaching practice '13, nice knowing ya! Tomorrows class is going to be full of art and drama and sugar and lots of completely pointless, fun stuff. Gonna be great. :D

Sounds good. Don't eat too much chocolate, though that's blasphemy around here. :pac:

I prefer savoury over sweet things anyday, but there is always room for some nice Belgian chocolates.. :p

TG!! I've missed you posting here.

I'm all yours again you lucky devils.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'm all yours again you lucky devils.

Umm...I think we are going to have a group discussion..
    TGC'ers , can I speak with you in the Kitchen for a minute please...Wait here TG..

Murmur murmur murmur..
    What do you mean you don't think he's suitable in here D'agg?...
    Murmur murmur murmur..
    Well I know he's office hot, but is he hot hot KKK?!!..
    Murmur murmur murmur..
    We have standards goddang it!
    Murmur murmur murmur..
    OK, he's in but I sware to Gad awec, he leaves us again and it's on your head!

TG, welcome back!

Murmur murmur murmur murmur murmur, Batman?

• Advertisement

Panthro wrote: »
    Murmur murmur murmur..
    Well I know he's office hot, but is he hot hot KKK?!!..
    Murmur murmur murmur..
    We have standards goddang it!

We do? Since when? :pac:
    Panthro pet shhh you're not supposed to be looking at other men!! You'll break awecs heart so you will.
    Must...resist...kitchen joke...

TG ya know he loves you really :pac:

Panthro pet shhh you're not supposed to be looking at other men!! You'll break awecs heart so you will.
    I'm sure TG could be persuaded to turn their relationship into a threesome :pac:
    I love the buzz of opening nights and seeing who is there on top of getting to see something ew. So exciting, enjoy! :D
    It was amazing! So, so, SO good.
    I see on Twitter that they had returns earlier today for tonight's show so it might be worth keeping an eye on that if you'd like to go to it.

I'm sure TG could be persuaded to turn their relationship into a threesome :pac:

:pac: Any excuse to post these guys!

Now, which one of the boys is Gaga is the question :D

Persuade... Pfft, I'm already booking our hotel suite.

Persuade... Pfft, I'm already booking our hotel suite.
    My bad. I forgot you're easy! :P

Morning all.
    Thread's back to normal, I see. :pac:

• Advertisement

It was amazing! So, so, SO good.
    I see on Twitter that they had returns earlier today for tonight's show so it might be worth keeping an eye on that if you'd like to go to it.

I can't go tonight but I might look out for returns next week alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Goin to see The Villagers tonight,not particularly feelin it myself but herself wants to go.

• Administrators Posts: 54,113 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Apparently they're from a small town of some kind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Apparently they're from a small town of some kind.

A village of some kind would you say?

• Advertisement

I can't go tonight but I might look out for returns next week alright!
    Fingers crossed for you!
    Necronos wrote: »
    Goin to see The Villagers tonight,not particularly feelin it myself but herself wants to go.
    Me, too! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭oddman2

Necronos wrote: »
    Me, too! :D

Me, three! Although I'm reconsidering now that I've heard that you two are going...

awec wrote: »
    I have no idea who the Villagers are :pac:

Probably best keeping it that way. ;)

Seeing as how we have a thread full of coffee connoisseurs and those who need a good kick on a work morning.. I figured this might be relevant.

tGc'ers.. I give you the world's strongest coffee :D

Linky 1

Linky 2

deathwish-e1363862783188-381x500.jpg

Do you need to take government issued iodine tablets afterwards?

Speaking of coffee, I've ordered this from hasbean.co.uk

http://www.hasbean.co.uk/collections/top-sellers/products/brazil-fazenda-passeio-pulped-natural-rubi

Sounds delicious. I'll report back when I get it.

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Seeing as how we have a thread full of coffee connoisseurs and those who need a good kick on a work morning.. I figured this might be relevant.

tGc'ers.. I give you the world's strongest coffee :D

Linky 1

Linky 2

deathwish-e1363862783188-381x500.jpg
    Pretty slick packaging to be fair. I want one, even though I don't grind coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

http://www.hasbean.co.uk/collections/top-sellers/products/brazil-fazenda-passeio-pulped-natural-rubi

Holy sh!t balls that sounds fan-f*cking Tastic!! WANT!!!

I am quite tempted by that death wish coffee too - but $20 is just a tad too much!

Probably best keeping it that way. ;)
    Oi! Cheek of you :P

OMG. Want! Defo report back, please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,318 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Came home to find a missed delivery notice from DPD. But I haven't ordered anything that I'm aware of. So either it's the wrong house or someone sent me Gwyneth's head.

Or maybe that Nigerian prince was telling the truth

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

It's like an apocalypse outside.
    Went for a run this morning and was knackered after about 2 minutes running into a headwind. Freezing and soaked too but I get the moral high ground over Mrs Rig who stayed in bed:D

I jusf wenff to teh denfist for two fillinfs. Canf reawy speef properwy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,318 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    It's like an apocalypse outside.
    Went for a run this morning and was knackered after about 2 minutes running into a headwind. Freezing and soaked too but I get the moral high ground over Mrs Rig who stayed in bed:D

True, but I think she wins in the sense and staying warm categories.
    I jusf wenff to teh denfist for two fillinfs. Canf reawy speef properwy.

Don't bite your cheek!

I just had a rice krispie bun. :D

CastorTroy wrote: »
    True, but I think she wins in the sense and staying warm categories.

I admit it was a hollow victory on my part

Yes this a little humid/moist outside with a slight breeze.. :D

That weather is fúcking horrendous. Bohs are supposed to be playing St. Pats tomorrow over in Inchicore. I love football but part of me is hoping it's called off. :pac:

That weather is fúcking horrendous. Bohs are supposed to be playing St. Pats tomorrow over in Inchicore. I love football but part of me is hoping it's called off. :pac:
    You fair weather fan! :D
    oddman2 wrote: »
    Me, three! Although I'm reconsidering now that I've heard that you two are going...
    Did you reconsider or did you go? What did you think?

Tonight is a night for a fire and a hot whiskey. Followed by more hot whiskies!

I'm thinking I'll pass on after work drinks and instead, go home and drink bourbon on my own like a proper alcoholic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭oddman2

Did you reconsider or did you go? What did you think?

Tonight is a night for a fire and a hot whiskey. Followed by more hot whiskies!

I did go! :D Pretty fricking awesome, I thought! Although the crowd was incredibly unlively during the more upbeat numbers, it was a bit strange! What did you think yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Afternoon all, how goes the weekend?

I found the Villagers pretty meh.

Undoubtedly talented musicians but I found them very pedestrian all in all.

Headin for a dose of pints tonight, herself was out last night so Im off the leash,yee haw!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement