Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Unrelated, I went to MacTurcaills last night. Haven't been there much in about, oh, a decade. Good crowd and cheap beer though, I liked it!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Holy fcuk it looks like she's melting!
    I reckon that dress would be fun though...I'd say it weighs more than me :pac:

well considering you're only a little slip of a thing, that wouldn't be hard.. :pac::p:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Eh, not a wedding dress so much as a giant candy floss...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Just bored, on holidays (unpaid before anyone starts) and could do with meeting a few new people. Also starting to like going out in Dublin.

Anyone doing anything tomorrow evening?

I was going to say no I'm not but then checked my calendar. I have agreed to go to some music session...sounds alright, drink or two in a nice warm pub with some music :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

miamee wrote: »
    I was going to say no I'm not but then checked my calendar. I have agreed to go to some music session...sounds alright, drink or two in a nice warm pub with some music :D

Yeah that does sound good, well im free from 6-9 doing nothing tomorrow evening if anyone is free? Louth/Meath/Dublin/Monaghan......basically im just looking for an excuse not to be at home :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Hermione* wrote: »
    Weren't the hounds fab?! I deliberately didn't mention them so they'd be a surprise (unless they're in the text. I haven't read it :o) - they were certainly a surprise to me ! So lovely to see them in the lobby afterwards. Owen Roe was just fantastic! And even though he was stellar, I think it says a lot about the great cast they assembled that there were so many other stand out performances. I'd quite happily go again!
    Going to see Translations this week. I've never seen it before. I think I'm going to miss the Tiny Plays, though :(

So sleepy. I need all the coffee today!

I think you may have mentioned them (or someone else did, I knew about them in advance but had forgotten!) I'm pretty sure I saw Translations in the Abbey last year but not 100% sure. Let me know what you think of it. Pity about Tiny Plays but sure there is only so much you can do/see. 'Tis an expensive business :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

D'Agger wrote: »
    I'm in Dublin tomorrow evening and available for coffee as I'll be bored out of my mind in the hotel otherwise....alcoholic beverages are no longer on my social menu :(

Forgot to text you back, call over to us obv! Brian's at home sick all day actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I'll get onto you when I'm back in the hotel to see if you have plans for dinner etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Third cup of the work machine brew today. Between this and buying a nespresso machine, my new year's resolution of cutting down on my caffeine intake isn't going so well...
    Most days, I switch to herbal tea or hot water and lemon in the afternoons. Today is not most days!
    I like MacTurtaill's. It's a nice, relaxed spot.
    miamee wrote: »
    I think you may have mentioned them (or someone else did, I knew about them in advance but had forgotten!) I'm pretty sure I saw Translations in the Abbey last year but not 100% sure. Let me know what you think of it. Pity about Tiny Plays but sure there is only so much you can do/see. 'Tis an expensive business :D
    Will do! I don't recall even hearing of the Abbey doing Translations. I don't know how I missed this! :(
    Will let you know about Translations. You're so right about the expense. There's just not enough time or money to get to everything that needs to be seen sometimes! If the Tiny Plays were on next week, that would be nest week's outing *whitewine*

• Advertisement

Just bored, on holidays (unpaid before anyone starts) and could do with meeting a few new people. Also starting to like going out in Dublin.

Anyone doing anything tomorrow evening?
    I'll be up for a pint tomorrow if it's in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

You know it's true...
    Everything I doo...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Panthro wrote: »
    You know it's true...
    Everything I doo...

Dude, you're spending too much time in Canada.. seriously.. :eek:

and yes, I had to google those lyrics.. :D

First single I owned on tape. Just sayin'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

I'll be up for a pint tomorrow if it's in Dublin.

Sounds like a plan, 6:30 suit?

Any other takers?

D'Agger wrote: »
    I'll get onto you when I'm back in the hotel

:eek:

• Advertisement

Any other takers?
    Sure.
    bluewolf wrote: »
    :eek:
    eww.

First single I owned on tape. Just sayin'.
    Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves was the first video I got to watch in school. 'Twas terribly exciting.

Only you, Bluey! The thread missed you :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Wasn't that Bryan Adams tune number one for 539 weeks, or something? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,319 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yep it was and think still is the longest UK number 1. Wet Wet Wet nearly beat it until their single was pulled.

And I liked that song. Also I remember the video pretty much gave away the whole movie.

Back in the day when MTV played music, eh?

Morning from Snowville.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

It may be snowing but it's my Thursday so i will get over it.

Morning gaize.

Very sunny here this morning.

Went to see Oz the Great and Powerful last night. Is it wrong that
    I thought Mila didn't look too bad in the makeup? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Hey errybody, haven't been in here in a while! How are we?

So..much..snow! :D

Bothered.

A few of my friends were out last night for a little get together, as was a certain young lady, who from accounts was drunk and lonely. I however, completely forgot said get together was happening and instead spent the evening exercising, cleaning and cooking. I fail.

Bothered.

A few of my friends were out last night for a little get together, as was a certain young lady, who from accounts was drunk and lonely. I however, completely forgot said get together was happening and instead spent the evening exercising, cleaning and cooking. I fail.

Oh dear!!! That's not good.

Some serious making up to do there mate!!

Nah, just a big missed opportunity! Hopefully not the last one.

Man, I could for a snooze under my desk so easily right now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

When did Messrs in town change their name?? Or have I just been stupid and not noticed this for months?

• Administrators Posts: 54,113 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Any other takers?
    Just thinking, there's a games night in MacTurcaills from 7 or so tonight. Never been to it before, so I've no idea what to expect, but...

Bothered.

Tut tut tut.
    Bad Pepe, BAD!
    Ask her for a coffee when she's good n sober!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Some of you asked me to give feedback of some coffee I purchased. It's absolutely delicious. Really good blend and goes down very very easily.

I've had about three cups each done with a different grind. Personally, I prefer a really fine grind but everybody's different.

I'm using an Aeropress and it works an absolute treat. Haven't used it with a coffee machine so results could potentially differ but it's a really nice coffee and would definitely recommend it.

Tut tut tut.
    Bad Pepe, BAD!
    Ask her for a coffee when she's good n sober!
    The implication was that she was drunk and lonely because I wasn't there, not that she was preying material :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

That_Guy wrote: »
    goes down very very easily.

Hiyoooooo!

The implication was that she was drunk and lonely because I wasn't there, not that she was preying material :p

Awwww righhttt!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Awwww righhttt!:pac:

I think that's still cause for bad Pepe quote from earlier on.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Morning all - how are we?

Hey T_G any chance you would be willing to part with some of that caffinated deliciousness? Would love to try some!

How much did it cost all in (if you don't mind me asking) P&P seemed a little excessive when I looked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Morning all - how are we?

Hey T_G any chance you would be willing to part with some of that caffinated deliciousness? Would love to try some!

How much did it cost all in (if you don't mind me asking) P&P seemed a little excessive when I looked!

I'm sure I could throw a few beans your way. I bought an Aeropress and new filters with the coffee so it was worth my while in the end with P&P.

As far as I'm aware, 3FE on Abbey Street sell their stuff so there might be a chance they have this particular blend. P&P for just a 250g bag of coffee isn't really worth it unless there's a good few people going in on one order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I'm sure I could throw a few beans your way. I bought an Aeropress and new filters with the coffee so it was worth my while in the end with P&P.

As far as I'm aware, 3FE on Abbey Street sell their stuff so there might be a chance they have this particular blend. P&P for just a 250g bag of coffee isn't really worth it unless there's a good few people going in on one order.

Yeah I agree - P&P was working out more than the bag itself -which is a pain in the arse to say the least!

I believe 3FE have left Twisted Pepper on abbey street - they are going somewhere else and they still have their grand canal dock one as far as i recall!

Few Beans? Be grand!! :D

Cheers bro!!

Tasty Brew Dock beers time, woop!

• Advertisement

I bought some offy cans last night because the offy will be closed tomorrow.
    Amazing planning skillz or slippery slope to alcoholhood...
    Youuu decide...
    (I'll be having a tipple tonight, yay!)

• Administrators Posts: 54,113 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Yeah as far as I know, will be closed tomorrow and Monday, but I've to work Monday.
    This country sucks.

I bought some offy cans last night because the offy will be closed tomorrow.
    Amazing planning skillz or slippery slope to alcoholhood...
    Youuu decide...
    (I'll be having a tipple tonight, yay!)
    Bought a bottle of Bushmills 16 last weekend. Doesn't look like I'll have anyone to share it with tomorrow :(

Still, there's gonna be a party in my mouth... ;)

Bought a bottle of Bushmills 16 last weekend. Doesn't look like I'll have anyone to share it with tomorrow :(

Still, there's gonna be a party in my mouth... ;)

I've sported the notion of all of us logging online through Skype or something and getting loaded from around the world.
    It would be a hero of a night so it would!
    I've discovered a link online for Sky Sports News, so I can leave it on in the background at work.
    I'm happy now!:pac:

I've sported the notion of all of us logging online through Skype or something and getting loaded from around the world.
    It would be a hero of a night so it would!
    I've discovered a link online for Sky Sports News, so I can leave it on in the background at work.
    I'm happy now!:pac:
    I'm pretty sure Skype charge for 3 way. I can't imagine how much they charge for 10 way. Probably more than Michelle Mulherin would consider moral.

Speaking of parties in mouths, this yellow prawn curry from Starry Night (Pearse St) is outrageously good.

• Advertisement

Oh hai there, my friend :pac:
    That coffee sounds fab!
    Bought a bottle of Bushmills 16 last weekend.
    Niiiice!

miamee, I went to see Translations. It was quite good, but I was distracted by how freakishly cold it was in the Gaiety (it's usually a sweatbox! :confused:) and the complete lack of leg room. Seriously, I wanted to chop my legs off at the knee, but even that wouldn't have solved the problem! SO uncomfortable :mad:

Watching Lord of the Rings and drinking tea by the fire :D

You've just reminded me I've LOTR: FOTR EE to watch.

Real fire, then?

Yay yay yay yay! Long weekend nearly here!

(Yes I know some people are off today, but you don't count. :P)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Lalala long weekend :D

On the way home now and gonna eat all the Easter eggs :)

How are the new runners, Pem?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement