Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I'm homesick too. Have manflu. That's the homesick you two are talking bout, right?

Oh no, the plague is winning :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Morning all!! How are we?

There till Tuesday - no REAL free time but ill hopefully squeeze something in somewhere!

No free time on your FREE trip to New York and your FREE admission to Wrestlemania.

Pity about ya!

:pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Morning all..

Hows everyone?

Sorry to hear about your pet rabbit KKK, I've lost a few pets over the years myself.. very heartbreaking :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,319 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Necronos wrote: »
    No free time on your FREE trip to New York and your FREE admission to Wrestlemania.

Pity about ya!

Wait! He got a free trip to Wrestlemania? Guess I must've missed the part where he begged them to allow him to bring a few others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

The slump is on it's way....I'm growing weary at the desk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Necronos wrote: »

Pity about ya!

you-jelly.jpg
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    Wait! He got a free trip to Wrestlemania? Guess I must've missed the part where he begged them to allow him to bring a few others.

work wouldn't pay for more than one persons flights
    and wwe wouldnt pay for more than one person in the €340 a night hotel!!

my hands were tied!! :pac:

you-jelly.jpg

work wouldn't pay for more than one persons flights
    and wwe wouldnt pay for more than one person in the €340 a night hotel!!

my hands were tied!! :pac:

And for public reaction we go over to Life of Brian

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Friday's here!! :pac: :pac:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Happy Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Love it - great location, nice and cosy, all mod cons, comfy and the greatest flatmate in the history of existance!

Quite happy! :D

I missed this! Aw shucks! :D

How's everyone in boardsie land? It's been a busy couple of weeks for me with the new job - takes up a lot of time, but I ain't complaining!
    Weekend plans anyone?

Mr. Bond is probably somewhere over the Atlantic at this stage..

• Advertisement

swapple wrote: »
    I missed this! Aw shucks! :D

How's everyone in boardsie land? It's been a busy couple of weeks for me with the new job - takes up a lot of time, but I ain't complaining!
    Weekend plans anyone?

Mr. Bond is probably somewhere over the Atlantic at this stage..

Did he at least fight to try and bring you? Since he ignored the rest of us. :)

Another pretty quiet weekend planned.

I R Biz-eh :(

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

The National coming to Dublin in November!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

The National coming to Dublin in November!!
    Deadly news! I was only moaning the other day that I can't get to Cork to see them.

So slumpy today. Can't keep my eyes open :/

Hermione* wrote: »
    Deadly news! I was only moaning the other day that I can't get to Cork to see them.

So slumpy today. Can't keep my eyes open :/

With you there. Have nearly fallen asleep here a few times. Now to just hold out for the last 10 mins.

Almost there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

The weekend has landed..........OWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!

(Seriously, they put red bull in the fridge at work..this place is nuts)

Arghhhhh!!!!

I know I shouldn't be doing it but, I'm sitting here eating Strawberry fizzy laces that I didn't even know Haribo made. Nearly finished the pack.

Ah well, I'll just put it down to preparing for going back to work tomorrow. :) Now to explain the peanuts that will follow.

I know I shouldn't be doing it but, I'm sitting here eating Strawberry fizzy laces that I didn't even know Haribo made. Nearly finished the pack.

Ah well, I'll just put it down to preparing for going back to work tomorrow. :) Now to explain the peanuts that will follow.
    No one would have known if you hadn't said. Though all that sugar round your mouth is a bit of a giveaway ;)
    Mmm fizzy jellies. Just had some Pringles with a glass of red wine, nom. I'm so classy :pac:

miamee wrote: »
    No one would have known if you hadn't said. Though all that sugar round your mouth is a bit of a giveaway ;)
    Mmm fizzy jellies. Just had some Pringles with a glass of red wine, nom. I'm so classy :pac:

To prove your classiness, you'll have to confirm whether it was an actual wine glass or just a plastic cup of boxed wine? :P
    And they were nice and fizzy/sour. Now onto peanuts. Big decision:Dry roasted or salted.... Think Dry Roasted will do.

To prove your classiness, you'll have to confirm whether it was an actual wine glass or just a plastic cup of boxed wine? :P
    And they were nice and fizzy/sour. Now onto peanuts. Big decision:Dry roasted or salted.... Think Dry Roasted will do.

Ah no, I'm proper classy with a real glass and everything :D Love dry roasted peanuts but I never think to buy them. Probably for the best :D

• Advertisement

Oh oh oh she's a lady.

Pringles and red wine meet dry roasted peanuts and Lucozade and watching the latest Nikita. Yeah it really is a hard knock life

Had an unreal Indian take away earlier - meat samosas, Chicken Madras with fried rice, sugar and almond naan bread, cuppa tea and cake after then

Helped with the hangover, bate on the couch with the sleeping bag on me watching 'End of Watch'

Work tomorrow :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Father Ted's on, D'agger. That should cheer you up!

Stop talking about nice foods, thank ye please. My hummus feels inadequate in comparison :pac:

I'm in great form. G'wan, Munster! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

D'Agger wrote: »
    Had an unreal Indian take away earlier - meat samosas, Chicken Madras with fried rice, sugar and almond naan bread, cuppa tea and cake after then

Oh god now I want Indian takeaway :( Bombay Pantry is far too close!

Stop talking about nice foods, thank ye please. My hummus feels inadequate in comparison :pac:

I'll second this! Hummus is great though.
    Back into college tomorrow, haven't been in since February. :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Is that because you've been away doing ninja kitteh training?

I'm in great form. G'wan, Munster! :D

I went to bed because I was shattered - really need to try rest up on my weekends for the next while!!
    Oh god now I want Indian takeaway :( Bombay Pantry is far too close!

I'll second this! Hummus is great though.
    Back into college tomorrow, haven't been in since February. :eek:

It was epic....definitely ordering In-juns over pizza going forth!

Enjoy college today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Is that because you've been away doing ninja kitteh training?

Something like that. :pac:
    This is gonna be my new name for teaching practice now I think!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Morning all.

Monday again. Bleugh. Have a stupidly busy and annoying week!

Oh oh oh she's a lady.

Pringles and red wine meet dry roasted peanuts and Lucozade and watching the latest Nikita. Yeah it really is a hard knock life

Is that programme still going? I think I have watched up to somewhere in series two but I lost track of it then. And now I have no tv so... :D

• Advertisement

Daisies wrote: »
    Morning all.

Monday again. Bleugh. Have a stupidly busy and annoying week!
    Vent Daisies - what's annoying about it :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Morning all, back to reality with a serious thud after 2 weeks off.

Me dont like it one bit.. :(

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Morning all, back to reality with a serious thud after 2 weeks off.

Me dont like it one bit.. :(
    How was the time off TP?

Do anything of note or just chill out?

How was the time off TP?

Do anything of note or just chill out?

Was good, lots of chilling, some partying and lots of me time.. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Vent Daisies - what's annoying about it :)

You don't want to get me started trust me. Let's just say the sooner Friday rolls around the better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I went to bed because I was shattered - really need to try rest up on my weekends for the next while!!

Oh man do I ever agree with that!
    It was epic....definitely ordering In-juns over pizza going forth!

Do you not find it very expensive? Which place did you order from?

• Advertisement

Is that programme still going? I think I have watched up to somewhere in series two but I lost track of it then. And now I have no tv so... :D

Yep still going for now. Hopefully get renewed for another season. Best(only?) action show on tv.

Yay, Monday! Just over 2 hours left then home and watch Wrestlemania that I've decided to avoid all results for until I see it.
    Yeah, I watch it. Don't judge me! :P

Then watch Game of Thrones. *starts humming theme tune*

Yep still going for now. Hopefully get renewed for another season. Best(only?) action show on tv.

Yay, Monday! Just over 2 hours left then home and watch Wrestlemania that I've decided to avoid all results for until I see it.
    Yeah, I watch it. Don't judge me! :P

What season is it on now, three?

GoT - I've still only watched two episodes but looking forward to watching more. I think starting to watch it with my housemate may have been a mistake - we hardly ever have time to watch stuff together and I'll be in trouble if I watch without him :rolleyes:

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Was good, lots of chilling, some partying and lots of me time.. :D

Glad to hear man!
    Daisies wrote: »
    You don't want to get me started trust me. Let's just say the sooner Friday rolls around the better!

Something tells me we'd all agree on that statement!
    keane2097 wrote: »
    Oh man do I ever agree with that!

Do you not find it very expensive? Which place did you order from?

It was expensive enough alright I have to admit but it was worth it seeing as it felt like I ate a proper meal rather than just some greasy fix! I didn't order it so not sure but it was off just-eat

Chicken Madras - damn spicy stuff, blew away some of the hangover induced cobwebs!

Glad to hear man!

Something tells me we'd all agree on that statement!

It was expensive enough alright I have to admit but it was worth it seeing as it felt like I ate a proper meal rather than just some greasy fix! I didn't order it so not sure but it was off just-eat

Chicken Madras - damn spicy stuff, blew away some of the hangover induced cobwebs!

It's actually ridic easy to make Indian curry at home if you want to give it a spin. Just get shallots, ginger and garlic, brown in a sauce pan, then throw in a load of garam masala, cumin, coriander and a couple of tins of tomatoes and your sauce is made. I throw in chicken thighs and a load of veg at that stage and let it simmer for around 40 mins. Unreal with lamb too.

Dammit! I'm gona have to hit the hay early tonight after training as no doubt I'll be absolutely bate! So just gona record it and hopefully watch it tomorrow night :)

• Advertisement

It's actually ridic easy to make Indian curry at home if you want to give it a spin. Just get shallots, ginger and garlic, brown in a sauce pan, then throw in a load of garam masala, cumin, coriander and a couple of tins of tomatoes and your sauce is made. I throw in chicken thighs and a load of veg at that stage and let it simmer for around 40 mins. Unreal with lamb too.
    Have you forgotten how ignorant I am?? :pac:

I thought you might have grown up a bit!

That's a wild assumption to be making on a Monday

What season is it on now, three?

GoT - I've still only watched two episodes but looking forward to watching more. I think starting to watch it with my housemate may have been a mistake - we hardly ever have time to watch stuff together and I'll be in trouble if I watch without him :rolleyes:

Yep, season 3 of Nikita and Season 3 of GoT. So for GoT, you're only 20 episodes behind.

Does growing more ignorant count? :pac:

Yep, season 3 of Nikita and Season 3 of GoT. So for GoT, you're only 20 episodes behind.

20 hours? Totally doable :D

I have had extra tea and an actual latte (vanilla, yum) and I am still feeling sleepy. What is up with me? I needs more sleeps.

Does growing more ignorant count? :pac:

I doubt there's any room left to maneuver at that end of the scale!

I doubt there's any room left to maneuver at that end of the scale!
    I do like to surprise people though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Howdily doodily, banterinos.

Great sunrise earlier this morning. Little red dude popping up through the skyline. :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement