Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

It's a cold hoor of a day.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Tis alright, was a nice day yesterday but I think mother nature is just teasing us about how our spring could be.. the b*tch!! :mad:

• Administrators Posts: 54,113 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Morning all! Delira that we got the OD forum up and running - thanks to knucklehead6 :)

Just realised I need to change my sig now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Morning.

How come there isn't a beers thread somewhere, there is always a beers thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Morning.

Hauld off until May lads.....please.....lads??

Went to training last night in the driving rain and cold - forgot to put a towel in the gear bag! Genius!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Just got the results of my MRI in; torn anterior cruciate ligament. **** me.

Morning.

When are you home next numb nuts?

• Advertisement

Necronos wrote: »
    When are you home next numb nuts?

I'm easy. :p

Just got the results of my MRI in; torn anterior cruciate ligament. **** me.
    Shít sorry to hear that man - how'd you manage it?

D'Agger wrote: »
    Shít sorry to hear that man - how'd you manage it?
    Cheers.

Innocuous enough little coming together as I was stretching for the ball in a 5-a-side game two months ago. I've been reading up on the surgery - torn ACLs can't be repaired so the ligament has to be removed, and then replaced by a graft of tissue taken from elsewhere in the body, which is inserted through a hole drilled into the fibia and femur! what the fuuuck!

I need a beer :pac:

Cheers.

Innocuous enough little coming together as I was stretching for the ball in a 5-a-side game two months ago. I've been reading up on the surgery - torn ACLs can't be repaired so the ligament has to be removed, and then replaced by a graft of tissue taken from elsewhere in the body, which is inserted through a hole drilled into the fibia and femur! what the fuuuck!

I need a beer :pac:
    Jésus!! :eek:

All I know of ACLs is that they're difficult to come back from in the sense that you're out for up to or even upwards of 6months and require alot of rehab work.

Not trying to be a downer or anything but you'll obviously have a long road to recovery so here's hoping that it goes well for you :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

"Welcome home Daisies" beers in July????

• Advertisement

Daisies wrote: »

I should be home for most of July \0/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

awec wrote: »
    If we have to I suppose...

Who said I wanted you there???? :P
    I should be home for most of July \0/

Sounds suspiciously like a plan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Daisies wrote: »
    I saw a Daisy Duck t shirt the other week and it reminded me of you straightway. Took me a minute or two to work out why! :pac:

Yikes, Pepe! I think I need something stronger than beer after reading about that surgery :eek: My Dad fooked his cruciate ligament years ago, playing rugby. It does not sound at all pleasant.

miamee, have you heard the buzz about Drum Belly, the new play at the Abbey? It's about gangsters! :D Tickets are only a tenner Monday - Wednesday. I can't wait to see it!

Howdy, all 0/

No party without punch! :cool:

To your face!

• Advertisement

I'm telling Pembily! :P

She'll side with me! Don't fool yourself :P

We know

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Hermione* wrote: »
    miamee, have you heard the buzz about Drum Belly, the new play at the Abbey? It's about gangsters! :D Tickets are only a tenner Monday - Wednesday. I can't wait to see it!

Howdy, all 0/
    I'm just waiting for it now :D Lol, will let you know how it goes!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

bluewolf wrote: »
    We know

Hey why waste your time and energy fighting the inevitable, save yer energy for the fun ahead.. ;)

oh and morning all.. :)

Daises if I'm here, put me down for the beers in July.. :p

Morning all, been fairly busy since half 8, have a brief window to grab some coffee now :)

Morning all :)

Is this what grames is at? The faces are a bit blurry, maybe that's him? :D

*Hermione - Drum Belly was magnificent! So unexpected, I didn't know the story or what to expect really but I loved it! It's a bit bloody and violent but it's so funny too. I'd definitely recommend it :cool:

miamee wrote: »
    Morning all :)

Is this what grames is at? The faces are a bit blurry, maybe that's him? :D

That's strange....that twitter account belongs to a guy I know and went to school with. Small world :)

Don't think it's Grames though

• Advertisement

That's strange....that twitter account belongs to a guy I know and went to school with. Small world :)

Don't think it's Grames though

No way! T'internet is a very small world indeed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

miamee wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for it now :D Lol, will let you know how it goes!!
    Ha, great minds! :D
    It sounds great. I've actually yet to hear or read a bad word about it :eek: Have to wait a whole two weeks before I can see it, boo :/

Tickets for The National in November booked. Woot.

The day is off to a good start.

Had a match last night at half 8, got home at 11 and working in Kilkenny today

Shattered!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Tickets for The National in November booked. Woot.

The day is off to a good start.

Pretty tempted to pull the trigger on that as well.

Got the full report on my knee scan: complete tear of the anterior cruciate ligament, tear of the popliteus muscle and a possible tear of the medial meniscus.

The day is less good.

Got the full report on my knee scan: complete tear of the anterior cruciate ligament, tear of the popliteus muscle and a possible tear of the medial meniscus.

The day is less good.
    :eek:

That injury sounds Abou Diaby-esque

haha, I was just calling myself that. I did it just clearing a ball, and it was only my third game back after breaking two bones in my hand.

Think it might be time to call it a day...

haha, I was just calling myself that. I did it just clearing a ball, and it was only my third game back after breaking two bones in my hand.

Think it might be time to call it a day...
    Nah play away if you enjoy it!

Injuries are a balls but if you can mind yourself and get a run then it's a great for improving your form.

• Advertisement

I doubt I'd be able to stay away tbh!

Although when I do return (probably next year :(), it'll only be after some hardcore leg and core strengthening work.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Hello all.

How's everyone keeping? Anything strange going on at home I should know about?

Morning all.

What a week. Had a 9 hour meeting on Wednesday and I got so frustrated with our bosses brushing aside our issues that I walked out at one point!

Then yesterday we had a HUGE opening of our new vision centre, the first of it's kind in Africa with TV crews and interviews. Super stressful week. TGIF is all!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Good on you for walking out by the sounds of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Newcastle this weekend. :)

Looking forward to sitting here:

58197323_d0a8b5325f.jpg

and hearing this blared out over the speakers

cheering on the one and only

sammy-ameobi-newcastle-united-celebration_2876970.jpg

and hoping for another repeat of this scoreline

510K615qHNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

BRING IT ON!!!

Enjoy TG :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

It's Friday :D:D It's wine o'clock :D

Pembily wrote: »
    It's Friday :D:D It's wine o'clock :D
    Watching videos on routing concepts myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Haha love it!

I am wathing New Normal and have white wine!

Do you ever watch New Girl, Pem?

It is the funniest sitcom Ive seen since Scrubs was at its best, so brilliant.

It's so-so

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement