Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Pfffftttt,says you!

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Necronos wrote: »
    Do you ever watch New Girl, Pem?

It is the funniest sitcom Ive seen since Scrubs was at its best, so brilliant.
    I love it! Not only cause her name is awesome :pac: but it's just brilliant. The lastest episode (
    which mentions a wedding
    )isn't on the rte player yet but I love it!

I also love 2 Broke Girls, I have caught up on my girlie tv tonight :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I bought a PS Vita.
    I can't afford a PS Vita.
    Hell, I can't afford dust at the moment.
    But still, I love my new Vita.:pac:

Oh Panthro, you so crazy!

Haha!
    Me so crazy!
    I've wanted one for months but couldn't justify the price tag, then I spotted a bundle deal with 100 bucks off, Jesus spoke to me and he said "Ring the shop and reserve it, you will have it by 5pm.." and I did. Excuse my french but the cnuting thing didn't work so I had to return it for a new one.
    Bahhh! Soo worth it though!

Hand helds just don't do it for me (snigger). I bought a Nintendo DS a couple of years ago just for New Super Mario Brothers, finished that, got bored and sold it.

What games ya git?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Necronos wrote: »
    Do you ever watch New Girl, Pem?
    LOVE New Girl!

I had never heard of that PS yoke until Panthro's post! :cool:
    I'm right in thinking it's gaming thing, aren't I? :o

Yeah, the girl at the time bought me a DS Guitar Hero edition, lovely thought but I never really used it.
    The Fifa game on the DS was just terrible.

I got Madden 13 (anyone wana buy a Madden 13?! :) ) game...I may have bought Fifa 13 for it as well..
    I may also have purchased one of those accessory kits as well.

I'm definitely on the dust diet for the next few weeks, good times!

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Damn it Panthro!

Now I want a Vita!

The tv doesn't work in our house. I think that might be enough justification to buy one.

Bestbuy selling a Madden Bundle (minus a memory card I might add) for 168bucks incl tax Kev, by far the cheapest I've seen round here. (And I've trawled through a few websites!) I was going to pick up a 2nd hand one on Craigslist, but at least with bestbuy if shyt hits the fan you can bring it back to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Same boat as Nec - never been a fan of hand-held consoles.

One good use of my media PC - I no longer have to sit at my desk to watch the Networking videos, lounging on the couch ftw....however I'm now procrastinating at the desk. Fack. :(

Crappy day in Cork but have a match at 6 to look forward to :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Panthro wrote: »
    Yeah, the girl at the time bought me a DS Guitar Hero edition, lovely thought but I never really used it.
    The Fifa game on the DS was just terrible.

I got Madden 13 (anyone wana buy a Madden 13?! :) ) game...I may have bought Fifa 13 for it as well..
    I may also have purchased one of those accessory kits as well.

I'm definitely on the dust diet for the next few weeks, good times!

Ahh you need to treat yourself mate. suppose someone has to :pac:

Pasta and ketchup is where its at... warm, tasty and cheap.. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,319 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You got a PS Plus sub Panthro? Gets you 3 free Vita games a month for as long as you keep your sub

Bestbuy selling a Madden Bundle (minus a memory card I might add) for 168bucks incl tax Kev, by far the cheapest I've seen round here. (And I've trawled through a few websites!) I was going to pick up a 2nd hand one on Craigslist, but at least with bestbuy if shyt hits the fan you can bring it back to them.

:eek: That's like $90 cheaper than Future Shop!

To Bestbuy!...next week. Spent a shocking amount of money on two pairs of shoes today. :o

Monday again but fugg it,the sun is shining,new Game of Thrones tonight,goin to see Billy Connolly Wednesday night and im off Thursday so it ain't too bad at all.

Morning all.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Monday. Ick. I vote we change to 3 day weekends, I iz sleepy! Although there are protests on campus and the police are here so we've cancelled my practical class so 2 hours of grading!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Had a bit of a Game of Thrones marathon on Saturday night - woo! 4 episodes is a marathon, right? :D

Morning all :)

miamee wrote: »
    Had a bit of a Game of Thrones marathon on Saturday night - woo! 4 episodes is a marathon, right? :D

Morning all :)
    Must try and watch last weeks episode if I get time this evening.

Lost our match at the weekend, played absolutely shíte too :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Morning all!! How are we toay?

Neccy: I saw the Big Yin on Friday in the Gaiety - Brilliant gig! you are in for a treat!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Morning all, hows everyone?

Daisies wrote: »
    Monday. Ick. I vote we change to 3 day weekends, I iz sleepy! Although there are protests on campus and the police are here so we've cancelled my practical class so 2 hours of grading!

But then everyone would complain about Tuesdays and want them off.

Next Tuesday for me seeing Billy.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

CastorTroy wrote: »
    But then everyone would complain about Tuesdays and want them off.

Next Tuesday for me seeing Billy.

Ooh that close already? That will be a fun night I'd say. Is he in Dublin before or after I wonder? *goes to Google*

miamee wrote: »
    Ooh that close already? That will be a fun night I'd say. Is he in Dublin before or after I wonder? *goes to Google*

Tuesday to Thursday this week.

Well I'm far enough away that I'll probably be watching on a screen if the Millennium Forum has one.

Oh look it's past 3pm

tumblr_mbjrewD8uo1qgumxh.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Quiet...has the 3pm slump lasted for 2 days?

• Advertisement

Quiet...has the 3pm slump lasted for 2 days?
    I can confirm that yes...the slump continues.

Went to the gym this morning and did a good bit of cycling/stamina work

Hoping to catch a yoga class later tonight too....came across a really cool software that'd make my life alot easier but I guarantee I won't be able to purchase a license for it and the trial ends in a month so I now feel like I shouldn't grow attached to it :(

I definitely have the slump
    it might be junk time

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Thought you were on about Yoga software for a second there.

Do you've a secret stash of chocolate/junk, bw?

Thought you were on about Yoga software for a second there.

Do you've a secret stash of chocolate/junk, bw?
    Maybe I was....

No, but the canteen always has chocolate to sell :)

• Advertisement

Dang, the half orsed diet that begins every Monday morning without fail got broke last night, 3 slices of pizza.
    And that's Canadian sized slice, which is basically half a whale worth of pizza..

I deserve a hot chocolate to help get me through this troubling time!

D'Agger wrote: »
    Maybe I was....
    Yoga software?! :eek: Tell me more!
    Dang, the half orsed diet that begins every Monday morning without fail got broke last night, 3 slices of pizza.
    And that's Canadian sized slice, which is basically half a whale worth of pizza..

I deserve a hot chocolate to help get me through this troubling time!
    I find it easiest to only try to eat well 70-80% of the time, Panthro. Outside of that, I eat what I want :D I am trying to train myself to want things that are less bad for me, but that's, err, a work in progress ... :pac:
    Although I did recently re-discover the wonders of hot chocolate and wonder how I'd gone so long without it. I may have it three nights in a row :pac:

BW, I always keep emergency chocolate in my desk drawer for such occasions!

I should do that too

I want pizza also, i came home and my grandmother was like why dont you order a pizza
    yeah I definitely need to get fatter! :confused:

• Administrators Posts: 54,113 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

I'm watching Masterchef so I had a brownie. You need something nice watching all that food!

I bought the brownie on Tuesday but kept forgetting to eat it after my dinner. I think I may be sickening for something :pac:

awec wrote: »
    I'm currently waiting on my pizza to arrive. :cool:

That wait can either be epically long or epically short.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

Hermione* wrote: »
    I'm watching Masterchef so I had a brownie. You need something nice watching all that food!

I bought the brownie on Tuesday but kept forgetting to eat it after my dinner. I think I may be sickening for something :pac:

Where'd you buy the brownie? Yum or cheap mass produced cake?

*wipes drool*

tatumkelly wrote: »
    Where'd you buy the brownie? Yum or cheap mass produced cake?

*wipes drool*
    I'm too picky to buy anything mass-produced that isn't from M&S :o
    It was really yum. From Hansel & Gretel, the new bakery on Clare Street. I recommend!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

I'm too picky to buy anything mass-produced that isn't from M&S :o
    It was really yum. From Hansel & Gretel, the new bakery on Clare Street. I recommend!

Must google them... I don't eat cake, so I'm living vicariously through everyone else's cake life :)

Rugby or brownies, Herm, you choose. :P

• Advertisement

Rugby or brownies, Herm, you choose. :P
    No question about it. Rugby, every time :D
    tatumkelly wrote: »
    Must google them... I don't eat cake, so I'm living vicariously through everyone else's cake life :)
    I also bought a really nice rye bread from them. They sliced it for me so that I could defrost a slice at a time to go with my lunchtime soup. I mean, in theory. The practice has not worked out quite like that :pac:

Pfft, brownies all the way. :P

Morning...Friday. :)

Yoga software?! :eek: Tell me more!

I can't....it's not real....I'm a liar :(

I'm listening to this at work this morning.

I'm thinking of going home after work, keeping the shirt and tie on, putting it on loud in the sitting room, and smoking a cigar

I can't....it's not real....I'm a liar :(
    Thought it sounded too good to be true :(
    Pfft, brownies all the way. :P
    That's your take on it. Mine is that I've loved rugby all my life :)

Thank fook it's Friday! Long week was long and madly busy. I've been waiting all week for a glass of wine!

Head's getting closer and closer to the desk here. Have to try and stay awake for another 90 minutes or so

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Head's getting closer and closer to the desk here. Have to try and stay awake for another 90 minutes or so

Can you get up and go for a little walk even just to get a coffee? I hate that feeling.

Tea drank, water drank. Going for each of those things done. Talking to people done.

Still sleepy.

Could be worse. Could be like when I was back in secondary school. Trying to stay awake in physics class by stabbing a compass into my hand. Didn't help much. Though I do still have the marks. :)

I'm thinking of going home after work, keeping the shirt and tie on, putting it on loud in the sitting room, and smoking a cigar

I went ahead with this plan and it was absolutely worth it...good aul half coronas :)

First skydive booked! Going up next weekend. :D

"If I don't make it, tell my wife "Hello"." :pac:

• Advertisement

Cool, good luck with that. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement