Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Panthro wrote: »
    Mon ta fook weekend!..Just under two more hours!
    Myself and the housemates bought an Xbox during the week, I had my first experience at Halo last night. I've never really played 1st person shooters before, it's pretty cool!

PS Vita one week, xBox the next, and the boy says he is broke, I aint buying it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Necronos wrote: »
    PS Vita one week, xBox the next, and the boy says he is broke, I aint buying it!
    No recession on in Canadia sure!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

D'Agger wrote: »
    Nice one, how's the leg btw?
    ****e. I aggravated it and it's giving me regular pain. Seeing the surgeon on Thursday.

Poznan was brilliant though. I met an amazing girl on the Friday and barely parted from her the entire weekend. It was crazy, has never happened to me before. Had a few hours training in work this morning and I couldn't concentrate at all. Found myself wishing I'd skipped the return flight!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

****e. I aggravated it and it's giving me regular pain. Seeing the surgeon on Thursday.

Poznan was brilliant though. I met an amazing girl on the Friday and barely parted from her the entire weekend. It was crazy, has never happened to me before. Had a few hours training in work this morning and I couldn't concentrate at all. Found myself wishing I'd skipped the return flight!

Oooh, a whirlwind romance, how lovely :D

Afternoon all.

Short week for me this week,heading on trip to Croatia with herself Thursday morning,cannot friggin wait.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Afternoon all.

Short week for me this week,heading on trip to Croatia with herself Thursday morning,cannot friggin wait.

Ahh nice.. what part you heading too? Its class there. Love the place..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Well fcuk you all and your nice holidays! *grumbles*

Kidding, <3 y'all really

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Kidding, <3 y'all really

Sorry, what?? When u heading off missy??? :P

Depends on whether or not that happens, what with the whole politics thing going on over there :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,525 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Why are some muffins so decadent? You could live off them for a week.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Why are some muffins so decadent? You could live off them for a week.

This is my favourite post of today :D

Depends on whether or not that happens, what with the whole politics thing going on over there :(

Ahh so we might be stuck with you for the whole summer.. g'dammit :pac: :D

Heading to Dubrovnik TP,well,the hotel is about 20 mins from it but its there or thereabouts.

I'm hoping to go in June....it won't be nice I can almost guarantee!
    ToxicPaddy wrote: »

Pfft....like geographic location will keep yer'wan away from the internet :pac:
    Heading to Dubrovnik TP,well,the hotel is about 20 mins from it but its there or thereabouts.

Vere nice, my good man! Enjoy the short week and the trip, well deserved with all the exams and stuff no doubt!

Championship next Sunday....hooooo boys!

Ah tGC, such a loving place!
    Pfft....like geographic location will keep yer'wan away from the internet :pac:

Oi! That's....well....quite true actually...still, you shup :pac:

• Advertisement

Nice spot, the walled part of the city is lovely but a bit of a tourist trap. However there are some nice open air restaurants and the seafood is amazing.

Ya lucky b*stard :D

Ah tGC, such a loving place!

Oi! That's....well....quite true actually...still, you shup :pac:

Ahh ya know we all love ya really.. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,525 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Haven't been, but I believe Croatia's a good spot. Enjoy. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I've applied to return to college to finally do my 4th year.
    It's only been 2 years since I last looked at a college note, I should be fine jumping on in there straight into 4th year, am I right...Am I right?!!

(What the hell have I done...!!)

A man of your stature P, nay bother to ya.

• Advertisement

Pan, if I can make it this far in college, you'll be grand!
    Just think, we can whine about exams and assignments and they can call us feckless students. It'll be great :D

It's only been 2 years since I last looked at a college note, I should be fine jumping on in there straight into 4th year, am I right...Am I right?!!

I've just been to an open evening for an evening degree course.. 4 years, 3 nights a week 22 weeks per year and I'm seriously considering starting it in Sept.

If I can do it, after what would be close to a decade and a half away from college, you can easily do it mate. Bitta confidence and sell those bloody games consoles.. (if you have any) :D

Umm Neccy, you calling me phat?!:pac:
    Indeed KKK, we can spend many an hour in here then saying "Oh hey, remember that time we did exams?!"
    Eff it, I'm keeping my options open, got the Visa for next year sorted aswell.

Jaysus, beer hah?!

Panthro, a student? A jaysus. :pac: Has awec given birth yet? Poor child won't know where to turn with you speaking Canadian, him Nordy. :pac:

A doora doora doora hay,what's that all aboot.

Gwan P!

You're being very short sighted though, don't mind exams, think of RAG week, student discounts...RAG week...RAG week

Gwan P!

You're being very short sighted though, don't mind exams, think of RAG week, student discounts...RAG week...RAG week

Ya forgot about Freshers week and the fresh meat it brings to the table :pac:

Indeed KKK, we can spend many an hour in here then saying "Oh hey, remember that time we did exams?!"

I start mine in two weeks...you can rehearse the grumbling then if you like :D

Pervs
    No actually youse are right, can't wait until next year when I get a whole new college to eye up :pac:

Aren't you going off next year to set up the Independent Republic of Kittenstan, or something? :pac:

Pervs
    No actually youse are right, can't wait until next year when I get a whole new college to eye up :pac:

Well from my memories of college the women were the worst for eyeing up the fresh meat and looking for some young innocent lads cut free from the mammies apron strings who they could break in and train them they way they liked. I kid yot not..

I was a victim of this my first year.. twas a terrible terrible experience I tell ya ;)

• Advertisement

Aren't you going off next year to set up the Independent Republic of Kittenstan, or something? :pac:

No no, its the Peoples Democratic Republic of Kittystan. PDRK

I believe DRPK was already taken :p

That's it, Kitten can sort out Kim Jong-un.

Well from my memories of college the women were the worst for eyeing up the fresh meat and looking for some young innocent lads cut free from the mammies apron strings who they could break in and train them they way they liked. I kid yot not..

I was a victim of this my first year.. twas a terrible terrible experience I tell ya ;)

Oh ya, and I can tell if affected you so badly as well!
    None of our first years are great looking tbh, and there's a bit of a ban on the years fraternizin' with the enemies...I've broken that rule before but oh wells! I'll have to get the claws in next year :pac:
    No no, its the Peoples Democratic Republic of Kittystan. PDRK

I believe DRPK was already taken :p

Pfft, democracy...bow down before me, weak humans!
    This'd make an excellent thread name, just sayin'. :P
    That's it, Kitten can sort out Kim Jong-un.

cat-punching.jpg
    I so tuff, I is.

cat-jumps-onto-beanbag.gif

Kitteh power. :pac:

Oh ya, and I can tell if affected you so badly as well!
    None of our first years are great looking tbh, and there's a bit of a ban on the years fraternizin' with the enemies...I've broken that rule before but oh wells! I'll have to get the claws in next year :pac:

Yes, yes it did.. but I've painful memories behind me now :pac:

Oh I've no doubt some poor unsuspecting soul will be pounced on and have your claws sunk into him. There will be no escaping then. :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Does that mean you're coming home?

I hated freshers week after 2nd year....because you got the distinct feeling all first years looked 12 years old

I hated freshers week after 2nd year....because you got the distinct feeling all first years looked 12 years old

Feeling old were ya?? :pac:

Feeling old were ya?? :pac:
    Abso-fúckin-lutely!!

Baby faces and high pitched voices on the lot of them.

• Advertisement

Abso-fúckin-lutely!!

Yup, yer old.. :pac:

Morning all :)

Will yis stop with the feeling old, the last time I was in college it was the 90s :pac: :D :eek:

I'd love to go back and do something new though, always said I would go back when I found something I was really interested in. Hasn't happened yet :pac:

miamee wrote: »
    Morning all :)

Will yis stop with the feeling old, the last time I was in college it was the 90s :pac: :D :eek:

I'd love to go back and do something new though, always said I would go back when I found something I was really interested in. Hasn't happened yet :pac:

Me too, but I'm going back (fingers crossed if work pay!!) in Sept part time..

Morning, think I'll check this forum out more, been meaning to give it a go. I am a gentleman after all :D

Sacramento wrote: »
    Morning, think I'll check this forum out more, been meaning to give it a go. I am a gentleman after all :D

Welcome.. :)

Hi Sacramento!

<--- not a gentleman

• Advertisement

miamee wrote: »
    Hi Sacramento!

<--- not a gentleman

So you're either a man who isn't gentle, or a lady... :P

Hi :)

Abso-fúckin-lutely!!

Not a bit bitter about aging, were ya?
    Sacramento wrote: »

Hi Sac! Being a gent isn't much a requirement for this crew, trust me. :D

We've harassed a lecturer into pushing forwards a lecture, I get to leave at 12 today - delighted!

Not a bit bitter about aging, were ya?

31517682.jpg

Daisies wrote: »
    Does that mean you're coming home?

Home to Africa?! Nope!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

You have a very bad memory my friend.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement