Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Nice one on the college, Panthro!

I want to go back to college to do my professional exams. I should really have started them by now :o

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Hermione* wrote: »
    Nice one on the college, Panthro!

I want to go back to college to do my professional exams. I should really have started them by now :o

And what profession are you in Herm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

D'Agger wrote: »
    <being grumpy>

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLSGOpOM8sQBWKDC019tZ485G5EUCdSB5alG_07QASEzY1mAZZ0g

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

keane2097 wrote: »
    You have a very bad memory my friend.

I used to love 12 year olds?

RAG week was the best week man, for repairs obviously
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLSGOpOM8sQBWKDC019tZ485G5EUCdSB5alG_07QASEzY1mAZZ0g

Totes jelly is all!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Morning all. I'm tired and cold and have an ear ache.

/whinge whinge whinge

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Daisies wrote: »
    Morning all. I'm tired and cold and have an ear ache.

/whinge whinge whinge
    Morning! I have a sinus infection and this morning I had reconstructive knee surgery scheduled for next month.

I am however, absolutely buzzing. Going back to Poznan next weekend :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Morning! I have a sinus infection and this morning I had reconstructive knee surgery scheduled for next month.

I am however, absolutely buzzing. Going back to Poznan next weekend :D

Would a certain young lady be the reason for such a quick return??? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Ha, took the words out of my mouth, TP. Or the typing out of my gingers, as the case may be :pac:
    And what profession are you in Herm?
    Procurement. I can has buys things.

Hermione* wrote: »
    Ha, took the words out of my mouth, TP. Or the typing out of my gingers, as the case may be :pac:Procurement. I can has buys things.

Ahh yes, I do a fair bit of that too.. kind of a jack of all trades in this place atm. Tis interesting but not something I think I could do all the time and there is talk of a new full timer coming in to take that bit of work off my lap.. yay!! :D

I'm just really fond of the beer in Poznan :P

• Advertisement

23798108.jpg

What's your favorite thing about the beer in Poznan?

Eyes? legs? What?

So, eh... anyone got any nice plans for the long weekend? :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Sadly not yet :( Possible trip to Sligo or possible trip to Kilkenny. Or maybe both if I'm feeling adventurous :D That'd be some amount of driving but not bad in the nice weather.

Thinking of going to Poznan now to hound you in the literal sense :pac:

miamee wrote: »
    Sadly not yet :( Possible trip to Sligo or possible trip to Kilkenny. Or maybe both if I'm feeling adventurous :D That'd be some amount of driving but not bad in the nice weather.

Go to Kilkenny anyway, great spot!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Go to Kilkenny anyway, great spot!
    Ah yeah, sure it's nearly my second home. Might just sort some plans this evening and then enjoy my Friday :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

**has a look around**

Been a while since I've been here, how are all you fine people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Jaysus, he's alive!

How goes it HB?

You still out foreign?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

**has a look around**

Been a while since I've been here, how are all you fine people?

HB...I scream...

(getit anyone? NO?..I'll get me coat)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Plans for the weekend ride boxes?

Today:

Finishing work early today to get a bus from Dalymount up to Drogheda for the game tonight.
    Home after that.
    Sleep.

Tomorrow:

Get up.
    Clean up a bit.
    Watch Newcastle lose.. probably.
    More football after that.
    Bit o' light packing for Galway on Sunday.
    Maybe grab a few cans or bottles of something.
    Play the Playstation for a wee bit perhaps.
    Sleep.. eventually.

Sunday:

Get up.
    Head to an off licence for a few cans/naggins which will obviously be grand.
    Late lunch with the lads.
    Road trip!!!
    Galway.
    Drink.
    Eat.
    Drink.
    Drink.
    Dance.
    Drink.
    Hope I get back to hostel with all or some of my clothes intact.

Monday:

Regret everything.

:pac:

Enjoy Galway bud, hope Newcastle at least set themselves up better than they did last week - they played with a very high line at the back I thought!

Have Championship Sunday and I'm fairly tired from work & training this week so resting up big time until then, out on the razz then Sunday, hopefully celebrating a victory, then I'll be chilling out on Monday...hopefully not too hungover, might have a few coffees, maybe give a wander into town, watch some movies. Eat some junk :)

One of me mates got fraped with "I'm a born again Virgin!"

I really really want to write "you would have to be born a few more times before you'll get your virginity back I'm afraid!"..

But I won't write it, coz I'm nice..
    I'll share it with ye lot though...ye lucky sods!:pac:

Won our first round of championship yesterday by 11 points so fairly happy with that, went out and had a feed of porter for myself, sadly I took the sensible option and was in bed by half 1 but feeling miles better for it this morning

Hows all your BH weekends going?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,525 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Lovely day here. Going to head for a run shortly.

Working all day.. don't need to say any more.. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Working all day.. don't need to say any more.. :mad:

Same same. And I set a practical exam this morning and EVERYBODY failed.

Same same. And I set a practical exam this morning and EVERYBODY failed.

Bummer.. must be fair demoralising to have something like that come back to you after all the work you've put into everything?

It was 19 Degrees at 8am this morning, walking into work at 7.30am...sweating.
    My body was all kinds of "Whatinthenameajayusisgoingonherelike?!"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,525 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Jeez, that sounds mad, Daises. What happens next, they resit or you have to teach them again to bring them up to standard?

Panthro, at least Canadians use celsius, eh?

Ugh slept in this morning, 25mins late :(

That said I'm not surprised given how relaxed I was yesterday, watched 3 movies and ate a large dominos to myself on the couch

How's everyone?

• Advertisement

Bummer.. must be fair demoralising to have something like that come back to you after all the work you've put into everything?
    Jeez, that sounds mad, Daises. What happens next, they resit or you have to teach them again to bring them up to standard?

Panthro, at least Canadians use celsius, eh?

I'm gonna make them do a resit and have a chat with them. I purposely was not specific with what I wanted them to do because I wanted them to think for themselves!

Poor daises, between that and the plagarising

Morning all! I hope everyone had a fab weekend, the weather was fabulous! It really makes a difference, even just wandering round town is suddenly amazing :D

Fergie retiring from United,I haz a sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Necronos wrote: »
    Fergie retiring from United,I haz a sad.

I came in here to be cheered up ansd you bring that in here too?!

I am distraught right now! The man is a legend!

Call me insensitive as a Liverpool fan but hasn't this day been coming for a while now? I do sympathize by all means it's a massive loss to the Premier League, interesting times ahead re: whoever follows suit - end of an era.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I dont think its been coming for a while - honestly I thought he had 2 or 3 more years in him! I think theres something more than we know behind this! The hip op may have given him the final push to pack it in! Would have thought he wanted one more CL!

Still is a legend - and a massive loss to United and the Premier League as a whole! (Although with Jose coming back to Chelsea there'll still be some interesting interviews!)

I want Jose for United, Moyes, I like, but I dont want him in the hot seat.

• Administrators Posts: 54,113 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

awec wrote: »
    Take a bow, Jamie Carragher.
    It's a bad sign that I know who he is, isn't it?

Morning all. I'm very sleepy today! Also where has the sun gone?

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    Yea it definitely is a legend of the game retiring at the end of the season.

Take a bow, Jamie Carragher.

You see that on Suarez twitter account? Brilliant :D
    Pembily wrote: »
    It's a bad sign that I know who he is, isn't it?

Morning all. I'm very sleepy today! Also where has the sun gone?

Bate aswell despite having no training this week, can't wait to head home this evening already.

Ordered two books and really want them to come so I can start them already....which is odd because I don't read much

What ya order Dags?

I'm reading Michael Caines autobiography atm.

I hate you all getting to read fun things.
    I'm reading about the theory behind scribbling...oh I shít yiz not.

I dont think its been coming for a while - honestly I thought he had 2 or 3 more years in him! I think theres something more than we know behind this! The hip op may have given him the final push to pack it in! Would have thought he wanted one more CL!

I don't know though....I mean, every year he was being asked if this was his last year - and especially after they hit 19 titles, I'm sure he figured he'd go one better, finish the job he came to do and finish on a high.
    Necronos wrote: »
    What ya order Dags?

I'm reading Michael Caines autobiography atm.

I'd say that'd be a good read, amirite? Love autobiographies!

Ordered The Great Gatsby & 1984 (Orwell)

Hit me with some knowledge on this topic please!

And I'm reading about Multiple Sclerosis and Eye movement disorders.
    Found 2 jobs in London I would LOVE. Typical, straight after I decide to stay a second year.

I don't know though....I mean, every year he was being asked if this was his last year - and especially after they hit 19 titles, I'm sure he figured he'd go one better, finish the job he came to do and finish on a high.

Morning all!
    I haven't read either of those D'Agger (:o) but I did see the trailer for Baz Luhrmann's The Great Gatsby film coming soon. It looks a-mazing! Visual feast for the eyes :D

Morning all!
    I haven't read either of those D'Agger (:o) but I did see the trailer for Baz Luhrmann's The Great Gatsby film coming soon. It looks a-mazing! Visual feast for the eyes :D

Either have I - the movie looks class, soundtrack too, Luhrmann should do a good job with it but I want to read it myself before I see it.

Have only read Animal Farm by Orwell so been meaning to read more of his stuff....Steinbeck too

Reading the book beforehand is probably a good idea, after the movie you'll only visualise the movie when reading it - probably. Might have to do the same myself :D That's if I ever finish Strumpet City, about 2/3 of the way through. Started reading it at the start of April :rolleyes: I'm not normally such a slow reader but haven't been spending much time at it recently.

Where does all the time go?!

Ah, I've read those. Love 'em :)

Ya really don't wanna know...there's an endless amount of stages! But y'know prehistoric art - all those sun symbols and things you see, kids all over the world all go through the stage of drawing those in nearly the same way, which I thought was pretty cool tbh.
    And I'm reading about Multiple Sclerosis and Eye movement disorders.
    Found 2 jobs in London I would LOVE. Typical, straight after I decide to stay a second year.

Hmm, ok I won't swap you for those!

• Advertisement

Reading the book beforehand is probably a good idea, after the movie you'll only visualise the movie when reading it - probably. Might have to do the same myself :D That's if I ever finish Strumpet City, about 2/3 of the way through. Started reading it at the start of April :rolleyes: I'm not normally such a slow reader but haven't been spending much time at it recently.

Where does all the time go?!
    I took over 6months to read The Old man and the Sea by Ernest Hemmingway....it's 100 pages long :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement