Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

D'Agger wrote: »
    I took over 6months to read The Old man and the Sea by Ernest Hemmingway....it's 100 pages long :pac:

Ah well at least I am on page 280+ :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Necronos wrote: »
    What ya order Dags?

I'm reading Michael Caines autobiography atm.

Thank you kind sir, I've now just found my next book.

Love autobiographies..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I hate you all getting to read fun things.
    I'm reading about the theory behind scribbling...oh I shít yiz not.

The end is in sight missy, just hang on in there. Nearly there :)

• Administrators Posts: 54,114 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Ah, I've read those. Love 'em :)

Ya really don't wanna know...there's an endless amount of stages! But y'know prehistoric art - all those sun symbols and things you see, kids all over the world all go through the stage of drawing those in nearly the same way, which I thought was pretty cool tbh.

You're a teacher though, you're supposed to like the classics :)

Yeah....cool

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

You're a teacher though, you're supposed to like the classics :)

Yeah....cool

I did tell you ya didn't wanna know. :D

Classics in primary teaching college are Farmer Duck, Under the Hawthorn Tree and a whole load of giant picture books...so pfft I say to you!

I just like books, always have. College has stopped me reading though :(

Classics in primary teaching college are Farmer Duck, Under the Hawthorn Tree and a whole load of giant picture books...so pfft I say to you!

I just like books, always have. College has stopped me reading though :(

Flashbacks to Under the Hawthorn Tree! Those were the days

Don't forget Ann & Barry - outstanding reading

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

How long did it take you to get through Ann and Barry? :pac: :D

miamee wrote: »
    How long did it take you to get through Ann and Barry? :pac: :D
    Who said I finished it :pac:

Flashbacks to Under the Hawthorn Tree! Those were the days

Don't forget Ann & Barry - outstanding reading

I think Ann & Barry was a bit before my time, but I'll take your word for it!

• Advertisement

I LOVED 1984
    Very much
    Gatsby I read and thought it was ok but I suspect I may have to give it another go

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

bluewolf wrote: »
    I LOVED 1984
    Very much
    Gatsby I read and thought it was ok but I suspect I may have to give it another go

I really liked Gatsby. I'm going to put 1984 on my list after I finish the 5th book in the Song of Ice and Fire series. Loving my kindle at the moment!

I think Ann & Barry was a bit before my time, but I'll take your word for it!

You've not lived, young one!
    I LOVED 1984
    Very much

Job, I loved Animal Farm when I read it and meant to read more of his stuff but I'm shocking for reading....so trying to catch up now and read some good, recommended books.

Reading a book twice thought....lunacy!

Reading a book twice thought....lunacy!

I've read my favourite books til the covers fell off :confused:
    Why would you not!

Why would you not!

Totally agree, if I love a book I will read it again and again. Maybe once a year or every two years. I loved one book so much though that I'm afraid to read it again in case it doesn't live up to what I remember :o

'The Shadow of the Wind' in case anyone is wondering...first read it 5 years ago.

Why would you not!
    Because there's no end to the possible other books you could be reading....I feel like there's a relationship simile to be found somewhere in this conversation :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,319 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Necronos wrote: »
    What ya order Dags?

I'm reading Michael Caines autobiography atm.

That must be hard to do without having his voice in your head while reading?

I used to read loads, but then I started reading comics and playing my 3DS at times when I could be reading books. Though I'm currently about halfway through Dexter is Delicious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

The next cnut that makes a snide remark regarding me being Irish I swear to fcuk I'll go for the little runt.

Jesus, I'm learning racism in this God forsaken spot.

Anywhos, roll on the weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Goddamn Irish,coming over here,terkin er jerbs eh.

I'm not your guy, buddy!
    I'm not your buddy, friend!
    I'm not your friend, guy!

Pack a benders.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

My brother is half way through his second 1 year stint in Vancouver and never got any negative comments.

Then again he is a very angry man so maybe that's part of the reason why..

Yeah, perhaps I should have been a bit more like him.
    When I first came here I just laughed off any BS aimed at me.
    It's becoming very clear that I'm seen as the pushover now, I'll be leaving here in a few months, reckon I'll bow out in a blaze of glory, by effing a few of them from a height (My plan is to stand up on the roof and start shouting you see!):pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

I love reading books more than once. I always think I remember everything and then I get a shock when I'm surprised by something, or when I notice foreshadowing, or when I relive the awesomeness of a moment:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,319 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Panthro, is it true their heads come apart when talking? Due South taught me Canadians are all friendly.

Maybe just call them Uncle Fcukers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Calling all boardsies around town - we are in Cassidys if anyone fancies pints!! :)

ahh ffs... now ya tell me and I'm in another bloody country :mad:

Have one for me ya lucky gits :P

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    ahh ffs... now ya tell me and I'm in another bloody country :mad:

Have one for me ya lucky gits :P

Leitrim?...:pac:

Ah only seeing this now and was in town - if I hadn't been chatting up someone on the luas I'd have seen it and gone :o

Ah only seeing this now and was in town - if I hadn't been chatting up someone on the luas I'd have seen it and gone :o

Pleeeeeeayer!:pac:

• Advertisement

Panthro wrote: »
    Pleeeeeeayer!:pac:

Don't hate the player, hate the game!

Don't hate the player, hate the game!

I've always been the bench warmer me!:o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,527 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

This thread's always an education! :pac:

Hope ya at least got a snog or a phone number out of it, only way to justify missing an impromptu beers.. :pac:

Panthro wrote: »
    Leitrim?...:pac:

Nah a little further afield but they do speak with a funny accent too.. :P

Hope ya at least got a snog or a phone number out of it, only way to justify missing an impromptu beers.. :pac:

;)

Now that'd be telling...

• Advertisement

;)

Now that'd be telling...

Ehhhh why do ya think we asked?? :pac:

Ehhhh why do ya think we asked?? :pac:

Because you're a nosy fecker?

Happy Monday everyone :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Bleugh Monday mornings. Just finished scolding my students about them all failing my assessment last week!

How was everyone's weekend?

Because you're a nosy fecker?

Happy Monday everyone :P

I'm not just asking for me but as an elected representative of tGc I'm asking for everyone.. :pac:

I'm not just asking for me but as an elected representative of tGc I'm asking for everyone.. :pac:

Elected? This ain't no democracy. :pac:

Damn cleaners hoovering the library right now - fcuking hell this is exam week and the library is full of students, that never enter your bleach blonde head? Get your hoover OFF the desks and get out, out, OUT!

• Advertisement

Look at this jezabel questioning mods!!

Damn cleaners hoovering the library right now - fcuking hell this is exam week and the library is full of students, that never enter your bleach blonde head? Get your hoover OFF the desks and get out, out, OUT!

genius_comic_meme_post_cards-r244c35244da8462ab242942db215efbd_vgbaq_8byvr_512.jpg

Oi you. Less of that missy :pac: :p
    wrote:

Yup had the same for us. One year they decided to paint one of the rooms off the library.. half the students were stoned from the fumes.. and not in a good way..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

After a brilliant weekend I got up this morning to the news I have been hoping to see for a while:

A few of you may know I went on a strict fitness/weight loss regime there a few weeks before xmas - well as of this morning I have lost a grand total of 2 stone and 4 lbs!! (and dropped from 26% to 12% body fat!!) :D BOO YA!!

I'm a happy camper today!!

After a brilliant weekend I got up this morning to the news I have been hoping to see for a while:

A few of you may know I went on a strict fitness/weight loss regime there a few weeks before xmas - well as of this morning I have lost a grand total of 2 stone and 4 lbs!! (and dropped from 26% to 12% body fat!!) :D BOO YA!!

That's really impressive man - especially the body fat reduction you've had there - 12% is really lean!

Well done and keep up the good work you've been putting in :)

Look at this jezabel questioning mods!!

Don't you start, I'm going to be even more of a grump than usual this week!
    Oi you. Less of that missy :pac: :p

Yup had the same for us. One year they decided to paint one of the rooms off the library.. half the students were stoned from the fumes.. and not in a good way..

Students being stoned doesn't sound that weird tbf :pac:

Grames, that's amazing loss, well done man.
    Ok I'm hitting an exam in half an hour, so off to get some food...see ya tGC :)

Don't you start, I'm going to be even more of a grump than usual this week!

Is that possible?? :pac:

Congrats man. Amazing stuff.. :)

The missus must be well impressed with her lean mean.... ahh ya know the rest ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,527 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Daisies wrote: »
    Bleugh Monday mornings. Just finished scolding my students about them all failing my assessment last week!

Link to wrath of Daises video scolding, plz. :pac:

Congrats to grames, and happy examining, Kitten. :cool:

Adda boy grames, ya lil aul scallywag!:pac:

Morning folks :) How are we today? It is May right? I wasn't sure cos I got drenched in a torrent of HAILSTONES on my way home yesterday :( Seriously, it is a 5 minute walk and I picked the worst 5 minutes of the day to do it in!

Must check to see what the craic is with this tGC beers night, the last one was fun :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement