Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

miamee wrote: »
    Must check to see what the craic is with this tGC beers night, the last one was fun :)
    I'm already following the thread and already voted on a date. Doh.

/needs moar tea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Had training last night after a week off - you'd be surprised how far you can fall back in a week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

D'Agger wrote: »
    Had training last night after a week off - you'd be surprised how far you can fall back in a week!
    I hear you....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Want to go cinema tonight, but there's nothing on I want to see. Lots of problems in my life, ha.

Want to go cinema tonight, but there's nothing on I want to see. Lots of problems in my life, ha.
    Great Gatsby as of this evening I believe?

Ordered the book last week and it's yet to be delivered :mad:

Ordered the book last week and it's yet to be delivered :mad:
    Never got the fuss about it....

Barna77 wrote: »
    Never got the fuss about it....
    Well I'm due to find out....if it ever arrives!

Like the avatar :D

bluewolf wrote: »
    Like the avatar :D
    What's like the avatar?? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,527 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Has anyone seen the new Star Trek yet? :) Have mixed expectations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,319 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I really liked it. Preferred the first one though.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Walked out feeling a bit unsteady, thinking "well, that was fun... I guess..."

Now I think it's rubbish. More of a rollercoaster than a film. It had some good sequences that were enjoyable, but was a ****ty movie overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Star Trek have to admit wouldn't really be my thing.

Final exam in an hour! Someone come here and motivate me please cos I'm likely to go for a snooze on the desk :o

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Star Trek have to admit wouldn't really be my thing.

Final exam in an hour! Someone come here and motivate me please cos I'm likely to go for a snooze on the desk :o

WAKE UP KITTY!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,319 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You can do it Kitty!!!

The end is in sight. Eye on the prize.

• Advertisement

I'm done :D
    No more exams! Summer! I can go back to sleep!

Can yiz tell I'm happy right about now? :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,527 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Congrats!

Exams?
    tumblr_ml8d7xlsT21qiip6uo1_400.gif

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I'm done :D
    No more exams! Summer! I can go back to sleep!

Can yiz tell I'm happy right about now? :pac:

Well done missy.. enjoy the summer of fun :)

Kudos to the Kitteh! :)

I'm listening to house music to try wake myself up from the slump - ate a massive caramel rice krispie square....totally worth it....zzz

Right, so how was the weekend for all of you fine folk?

• Advertisement

Very good :D

Apart from a hangover from hell all day Saturday...

Went to see iron man yesterday, practically dragged since I thought I would hate it. Turned out, it's actually a great film. Went out last night and am now in desperate need of a shame gland.

Barna77 wrote: »
    Very good :D

Apart from a hangover from hell all day Saturday...

Was dying yesterday myself - still feeling the physical effects tbh!
    Went to see iron man yesterday, practically dragged since I thought I would hate it. Turned out, it's actually a great film. Went out last night and am now in desperate need of a shame gland.

Didn't think it was great myself....I know it's based on a comic book and it has to be over the top but it's a little too ridiculous at stages I thought. Still think it's a solid movie, just not as good as everybody made it out to be tbh

Was dying yesterday myself - still feeling the physical effects tbh!

Didn't think it was great myself....I know it's based on a comic book and it has to be over the top but it's a little too ridiculous at stages I thought. Still think it's a solid movie, just not as good as everybody made it out to be tbh
    I was literally expecting it to be just some dumb superhero movie, and thought I'd get a nice little nap for at least half of it, as my ex really wanted to see it and there was nothing else on that warranted protest. That Tony guy was HAWT! :D

I was literally expecting it to be just some dumb superhero movie, and thought I'd get a nice little nap for at least half of it, as my ex really wanted to see it and there was nothing else on that warranted protest. That Tony guy was HAWT! :D

U went to the cinema with ur ex for a guy movie.. kudos :D

• Administrators Posts: 54,114 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

awec wrote: »
    I r unwells :(

Self inflicted?

Nope!

Got a blocked up nose and chest, after having a sore throat last week! :(
    Get well soon brah!

You'll be back on harp in no time :)

• Advertisement

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    U went to the cinema with ur ex for a guy movie.. kudos :D

What can I say I'm a great friend!

(Not really just keeping him sweet cause I need him as a plus one for my best friends wedding :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Cheers brah! Yer concern is important to me during this difficult time.
    You're such a drama queen :p

Evening all :)

Evening.

Anyone been following Commander Hadfield's photos? That guy is great.

Thank fúck it's Friday. 4.30 hours to go

Is it bad the that the Bulmers ad outside Connolly makes me crave for a pint at 8am...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Not at all.

Im on second day of study leave for an exam in the morning and Ive an outrageous gue on me for a load of Guinness.

Going out tomorrow night and I will devour a hape of them.

Well, the weekend is beginning like shíte, workwise... :mad:

Now I want a full bottle of Jameson :(

This man will be having a few coronas this evening, then hitting town for an appointment with Captain Morgain :)

I will be sitting in a steamroom and sauna sweating out my frustrations.. :(

And I'll be at home, trying to shake off a cold. Yay for me!

• Advertisement

And I'll be at home, trying to shake off a cold. Yay for me!

The result of too much partying after your exams or did you body just crash after all the stress and work??

Also at home, fighting off a cold. For the fifth fúckin time already this year. Fúck off!

Also at home, fighting off a cold. For the fifth fúckin time already this year. Fúck off!

Berocca and lots of tea and lots of sleep, the only things that seem to keep me cold free lately..

Berocca and lots of tea and lots of sleep, the only things that seem to keep me cold free lately..
    hmm, so are you saying the bourbon diet isn't a winner? :/

hmm, so are you saying the bourbon diet isn't a winner? :/

Nah sorry mate, its not yet classed as one of your 5 a day.. :D

Bah.

Oh well, I'm pretty sure this plate of roast parsnip and butternut squash is and it's yummy! om nom nom

• Advertisement

Exam went swimmingly,I was able to attempt 11 out of the 12 questions and of those 11 I blitzed at least 5 of em,am well chuffed!

Now home for a nap and prep time for a feast of pints tonight,noice!

Necronos wrote: »
    Exam went swimmingly,I was able to attempt 11 out of the 12 questions and of those 11 I blitzed at least 5 of em,am well chuffed!

Now home for a nap and prep time for a feast of pints tonight,noice!

Congrats mate. Pints tonight well deserved I'm sure :)

Cheers man,deserved or not,I'm goin to batter myself with em anyways!

CL final then try and find somewhere showing the Froch vs Kessler fight.

Well done Nec :)
    The result of too much partying after your exams or did you body just crash after all the stress and work??

I'd love to be able to blame partying, but I think it's just crashing tbh - though I was out a bit last week, that probably didn't help :pac:

Well done Nec :)

I'd love to be able to blame partying, but I think it's just crashing tbh - though I was out a bit last week, that probably didn't help :pac:

Ahh I think you deserved a few nights out as from just reading your posts on here, you seem to have been putting in a huge amount of work.

Plenty of time to kick back now and enjoy the downtime. Any update on what the plans are for the summer?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement