Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Ahh I think you deserved a few nights out as from just reading your posts on here, you seem to have been putting in a huge amount of work.

Plenty of time to kick back now and enjoy the downtime. Any update on what the plans are for the summer?

Well, we'll find out was it enough in June anyway!

Going surfing the week after next, after that working in a summer camp. After that we'll see :)
    Where in the world are ya at the moment btw?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Going surfing the week after next, after that working in a summer camp. After that we'll see :)

Well if ya didn't have a cold now, you'll certainly have one after the surfing.. :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Where d'ya surf?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,527 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Just bought two more bottles of whiskey. I can't help myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

^ Whiskey is a good friend of mine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Where d'ya surf?

Not nearly as often as I'd like! One of my mates has a house not far from Lahinch though so that's where I'm heading :)

Noice.

I lost my surfing virginity there, back when I was a young whipper snapper. Good times.

Actually, the waves were rubbish that weekend, but I'm sure you'll get more luck :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Also at home, fighting off a cold. For the fifth fúckin time already this year. Fúck off!

Hot port will sort you out! ;)

Maybe head to a doc to see about the reoccurring colds. 5 colds in 5 months, that's not good.

• Administrators Posts: 54,114 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

It only took 19 solid days and ~190 hours of work, but I finally got some down time. And I've done feck all with it. Spent like 3 hours in the kitchen yesterday cleaning and cooking, and the rest of the weekend has been all chilling.

How's everyone?

Larianne wrote: »
    Hot port will sort you out! ;)

Maybe head to a doc to see about the reoccurring colds. 5 colds in 5 months, that's not good.
    Pretty sure he'd just say it's my sinuses. Need to get a decongestant. Or a bottle of port :p

... I've imposed a booze buying embargo on myself though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

morning all! How are we?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

morning all! How are we?
    Stiff....I am of course speaking about my lower back :pac:

Just booked a holiday to Zante in Greece with my two best mates so in flying form right now :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

morning all! How are we?

Not too bad mate, I'm actually glad its Monday as working all weekend and its finally over.. Hows you?

D'Agger wrote: »
    Stiff....I am of course speaking about my lower back :pac:

Just booked a holiday to Zante in Greece with my two best mates so in flying form right now :D

Jeez, I was in Zante over 10 years ago.. Wonder has it changed much? :)

morning all! How are we?
    Monday off. I didn't ask for it... :mad:

Hitting the gym shortly to unleash the anger

Not too bad mate, I'm actually glad its Monday as working all weekend and its finally over.. Hows you?

Not three bad I have to say - the aul birthday this thursday, meal out wednesday night and full blown birthday blow out on saturday so I am getting value for money out of this whole thing! :pac:
    Barna77 wrote: »
    Monday off. I didn't ask for it... :mad:

you are complaining about having a monday off?

the f*ck?

Not three bad I have to say - the aul birthday this thursday, meal out wednesday night and full blown birthday blow out on saturday so I am getting value for money out of this whole thing! :pac:

the f*ck?

A week/weekend of celebrating and next Monday off to recover.. jeez it's a tough life you have.. :D

A week/weekend of celebrating and next Monday off to recover.. jeez it's a tough life you have.. :D

tough job - but someone's gotta do it! :pac:

• Advertisement

tough job - but someone's gotta do it! :pac:

A true martyr to the cause eh?? almost brings a tear to my eye.. almost!! :pac:

Actually if anybody ios interested - few beers in cassidys on thursday after work! Birthday beers are always the tastiest! :D

Jeez, I was in Zante over 10 years ago.. Wonder has it changed much? :)

Probably not but once it's sunny and I don't have to look at a computer for the week I'll be happy :)

the f*ck?

To echo......dafuq??

the f*ck?
    To echo......dafuq??
    I've been reduced to a three day week at work :( with all it means, less income etc etc.... meaning less drinking money for the longer weekends :mad:

Not happy about it. Wouldn't complain about a Monday off in normal circumstances.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I've been reduced to a three day week at work :( with all it means, less income etc etc.... meaning less drinking money for the longer weekends :mad:

Not happy about it. Wouldn't complain about a Monday off in normal circumstances.

That's shíte, sorry to hear that :(

Ah sorry to hear that man

Maybe you can think of a way that you can spend the other two days to make a fortune though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Happy birthday grames bond! Tis a great day for a birthday :D

Happy Bday GB.. :)

Happy Day of Birth GB, have a good one :)

How's everyone? Cracking weather in Cork lately!

Thanks folks! Gettin old so I am!

Any dubliners want to head for a pint in cassidys this evening I shall be there from about 5 toasting to the day of my birth - look at that sun - you would be foolish to say no!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Submitted my letter of acceptance to college earlier, then go online and see a job here in Vancouver that I'd effin love to have a go at.
    I was literally waiting for an excuse not to submit, (closing date is tomorrow see) then thought, "eff it, it's not happening" and submitted.
    Balls!!!
    On the bright side, I'll be returning home, ten months after entering Canada...yup home to college..and noodles..and eating crusts of bread as I'll be stone broke for 9months or so.
    Hmmmm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,319 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Happy birthday grames.

Panthro wrote: »
    Submitted my letter of acceptance to college earlier, then go online and see a job here in Vancouver that I'd effin love to have a go at.
    I was literally waiting for an excuse not to submit, (closing date is tomorrow see) then thought, "eff it, it's not happening" and submitted.
    Balls!!!
    On the bright side, I'll be returning home, ten months after entering Canada...yup home to college..and noodles..and eating crusts of bread as I'll be stone broke for 9months or so.
    Hmmmm...
    G'wan Panthro boy :D

C'mon home to us, we'll have the kettle on!

• Administrators Posts: 54,114 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    Panthro is coming home?

Hurray! :D

Dude....ummm....

We broke up...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Happy birthday grames.

+1, hope you're having a good night in Cassidy's :)

Does this mean we get to have a welcome home beers for Panthro?? :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Balls!!!
    Hmmmm...

Yup ya boya! When ya home?

In other more exciting news, this day 4 weeks, I will be landing in the Emerald Isle for 3 1/2 weeks of fun!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,527 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Jeez, how many welcome mats will we need? :pac:

On an unrelated note, I was looking up postgraduate courses last night - one came up in your sort of field, Daises, I think. I should stop looking at more degrees. This was the site I was filtering things through. http://www.mastersportal.eu

Daisies wrote: »
    Yup ya boya! When ya home?

In other more exciting news, this day 4 weeks, I will be landing in the Emerald Isle for 3 1/2 weeks of fun!

I'm thinking end of July most likely.
    I'll just miss ya (boo!)
    Where ya headed after your 3 and a half week hol home?!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I'm thinking end of July most likely.
    I'll just miss ya (boo!)
    Where ya headed after your 3 and a half week hol home?!

Back here! Ah rethink the date, go on, come home a week earlier

miamee wrote: »
    That's shíte, sorry to hear that :(
    Ah sorry to hear that man

Maybe you can think of a way that you can spend the other two days to make a fortune though :)
    Cheers guys

Back from the social welfare office. Even though I'm officially entitled to a benefit... asking for it feels like a stab in the back ...

Anyway, can't beat a good Friday feeling. Happy Friday everyone! :D

3 years after having to emigrate to England for work, my sister and her family are moving home :D

Her hubby is leaving his job in London to setup a company here; given he and my sister are both architects, I'm not sure how that's going to work exactly, but they seem confident they'll have enough jobs to keep them going.

Seems like things are gradually getting better, so hooray!

Great news Pepe!

I f*cking love Cassidys!! They gave me free birthday pizzas and some free beer! :D

I f*cking love Cassidys!! They gave me free birthday pizzas and some free beer! :D

Well in fairness you and your crew probably pay for half the staff there just from your contribution to their takings every night.

It's the least they could do.. :p

Ill leave this here for anyone who may be around!

Myself and Galvasean are getting older and as such are having a joint birthday celebration to which you are all invited!

An event we are dubbing
    Graham's World, Markey Time, Excellent!

When: Saturday the 1st of June
    Where Dakota Bar 9 South William Street Sth William Street, D 2 Dublin
    Time: 20:00
    Quote:
    To celebrate the fact that Malarkey and Grahamfunkle are edging that little bit closer to death (then the true celebrations can begin!) the lads are throwing a par-tay.

Exceptional dance moves promised.

Hope some of you can make it!!

Jeez, how many welcome mats will we need? :pac:

At least one more anyway. Flights booked. Home for 5 days over the August bank-holiday weekend. :D

They're all coming back, so much for getting rid of them. :pac: :P ;)

• Advertisement

They're all coming back, so much for getting rid of them. :pac: :P ;)

Well, that's one less present to get. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement