Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Some stupid cúnt's alarm 3 doors down has been going off every night at midnight for an hour since Thursday.

Can't imagine the gardai will do anything about it. I left a note last night as it is a house broken into 3 flats, but that doesn't seem to have made any difference.

Thinking a trip to a DIY store to buy a hammer tomorrow might be the next option...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Some stupid cúnt's alarm 3 doors down has been going off every night at midnight for an hour since Thursday.

Can't imagine the gardai will do anything about it. I left a note last night as it is a house broken into 3 flats, but that doesn't seem to have made any difference.

Thinking a trip to a DIY store to buy a hammer tomorrow might be the next option...

10mm drill bit and some expanding foam should do the trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

^ Evil.Genius.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,527 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Noise pollution due to alarms is very annoying.

How are things around here, folks?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Very very quiet.. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,527 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Ye startin', are ye? :mad:

:pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

'Tis shocking quiet in here alright, everyone must be off doing exciting other things. Or posting in other forums :eek: :pac:

Started Couch25k this week, did 2 days of it. I like being able to run around a park where I live now rather than down a busy main road like I used to. Looking at the flowers and trees and birds and other joggers kinda takes your mind off how tired your legs are - even if the other joggers are all lapping you :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

miamee wrote: »
    'Tis shocking quiet in here alright, everyone must be off doing exciting other things. Or posting in other forums :eek: :pac:

Started Couch25k this week, did 2 days of it. I like being able to run around a park where I live now rather than down a busy main road like I used to. Looking at the flowers and trees and birds and other joggers kinda takes your mind off how tired your legs are - even if the other joggers are all lapping you :D

Stop perving the other runners.. :pac:

So busy at work lately :(

On hols this time next next week though so can't wait for that.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Stop perving the other runners.. :pac:
    Hehe, they actually are mostly fit men in shorts - bonus for getting up early :pac::pac:
    D'Agger wrote: »
    So busy at work lately :(

On hols this time next next week though so can't wait for that.

Ooh where are you off to?

• Advertisement

Ooh where are you off to?

Zante can't wait!!

Very nice D'Agger, I'm jealous! I'd love a nice sunny break even though I'm not a sun worshipper. Everything looks nicer in the sunshine :)

• Administrators Posts: 54,114 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Weather related, perhaps. This thread's almost a year old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

I'm off to town for some pints :D

hi everybody!

(hi, dr nick)
    :p

Hey, Mammy Grammar. :P

Or Grammar Gran when you get older. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

so are we all a bunch of red skins?

• Advertisement

Zombienosh wrote: »

nope.. whiter than white for me.. spent my weekend chilling on the balcony in the shade, was bliss.. :P

Didn't burn but got a bit of colour which isn't like me :)

How's everyone after the weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Had a very quiet and relaxing weekend chock full of "coupley" activities so no recovery needed.

I'm heading on a sort of 12 pubs of Irish summer next Saturday with some former work colleagues so stocking up on brownie points for the inevitable silliness.

Plus I'm going to see Slayer in the Academy tomorrow evening so all in all no complaints here!

Necronos wrote: »
    ..I'm heading on a sort of 12 pubs of Irish summer next Saturday with some former work colleagues so stocking up on brownie points for the inevitable silliness.

Yeah organising something like that in July.. except doing it using pubs beside south side dart stops and wearing sh*te shirts :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Proper farmer's tan on me

I've had a whopper headache all day due to too much sun I think.

I've had a whopper headache all day due to too much sun I think.

You might be dehydrated :)

I drink loads, so it's not that, dunno why it was so persistent, don't really get headaches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Less than 4 hours til Slayer.

\m/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Handed in my notice in work, asked for a reference letter.
    The manager told me I'm "quiet, courteous and comedic"
    Emmm...whohoo!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Panthro wrote: »
    Those words pretty much sum you up :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Pembily wrote: »
    Those words pretty much sum you up :p

Haha thanks!:)
    I was expecting more of "he's a bit of a bollocks!":pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Quiet? WTF? Has this man met you at all?

Haha thanks!:)
    I was expecting more of "he's a bit of a bollocks!":pac:
    I can arrange that reference :pac:

Morning all..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Morning all..

MOAR COFFEE

I mean morning!:o

I'm back off coffee again somehow

Daisies wrote: »
    MOAR COFFEE

I mean morning!:o

359582.jpg

:D:D:D

359582.jpg

:D:D:D

If you had seen me getting up this morning, that may very well have been your reaction. Drinking on a school night when teaching at 8am =bad idea!

Daisies wrote: »
    If you had seen me getting up this morning, that may very well have been your reaction. Drinking on a school night when teaching at 8am =bad idea!

Get some mints so or you'll have a load of pissed pupils. :D

• Advertisement

Coffee <3
    I recently found an awesome coffee/tea house that stays open late in city centre.

Coffee <3
    I recently found an awesome coffee/tea house that stays open late in city centre.

Do share..

I think it's called Oolong Cafe, It's near break for the border opposite The Wok Inn, they have like 300 teas/coffee beans. Pretty damn awesome.

I think it's called Oolong Cafe, It's near break for the border opposite The Wok Inn, they have like 300 teas/coffee beans. Pretty damn awesome.

Oh, that is near me. I keep meaning to go in for a look. It's the one beside Accents, right? :)

Oh, that is near me. I keep meaning to go in for a look. It's the one beside Accents, right? :)

I think this place used to be accents.

No Accents are still there, I just passed by yesterday. It (Oolong) used to be some Artisan food shop/deli for a little while. Can't remember what was there before that though. A printers or something maybe.

Had my ACL reconstruction surgery on Wednesday there, finally home now after 2 days in a hospital bed. Being a cripple isn't much fun. Also, the painkillers make me drowsy as hell.

Boourns. I want to be able to run! Now, damnit, nowwww!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Nasty op Pepe. Just don't rush it man, otherwise you'll be fecked!

Get yourself onto netflix and enjoy it for a while, all will be grand in the end dude

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Not anymore, but last Sunday this happened...

184441_632060033489092_1595460992_n.jpg

And I went out drinking that night, despite the fact I'd to be up for work by 5:30 the following morning.

Not the best decision I ever made.

Dr Galen wrote: »
    Nasty op Pepe. Just don't rush it man, otherwise you'll be fecked!

Get yourself onto netflix and enjoy it for a while, all will be grand in the end dude
    Hope so! I'm seeing good progress in some movements but getting a very worrying pain (that I had before the injury, only now it's way worse) too. Seeing the physio tomorrow, hopefully he can advise.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement