Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

D'Agger wrote: »
    You can't beat a good steak :)

What you go see?

Got my hands on Cloud Atlas and Requiem for a Dream so must try watch them this week.

This is the End,dumb as hell but pretty funny.

Requiem for a Dream is one of those movies that I heard pretty much everyone rave about but it completely underwhelmed me,be interested in your thoughts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

This is the End,dumb as hell but pretty funny.

Requiem for a Dream is one of those movies that I heard pretty much everyone rave about but it completely underwhelmed me,be interested in your thoughts.

Only ever heard people raving about it also so yeah looking forward to seeing it - has a rating of 8.4 or so on IMDB so I'd expect it to be good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,320 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I nearly fell into the Monsters Inc trap on Saturday as well but was constantly changing over to watch bits of it. Pixar rocks. I really need to see Ratatouille, Brave and Cars 2. I've seen the others.

When it comes to books, I'm really bad as well. Too many other things to do when could be reading books. I read comics and play the 3DS. Took me about a year to get through a Dexter book. Doing better with Dexter is Delicious.
    How's Inferno, miamee? Is there a really pointless subplot involving the female character in this one as well?

I replayed Portal 2 at the weekend. Completely unintentional.

Hope to go see This is the End this week. If only to get the The Doors song out of my head.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I nearly fell into the Monsters Inc trap on Saturday as well but was constantly changing over to watch bits of it. Pixar rocks. I really need to see Ratatouille, Brave and Cars 2. I've seen the others.

When it comes to books, I'm really bad as well. Too many other things to do when could be reading books. I read comics and play the 3DS. Took me about a year to get through a Dexter book. Doing better with Dexter is Delicious.
    How's Inferno, miamee? Is there a really pointless subplot involving the female character in this one as well?

I replayed Portal 2 at the weekend. Completely unintentional.

Hope to go see This is the End this week. If only to get the The Doors song out of my head.
    Of course there is, lol. Well there is a female side kick character anyway who is helping him to escape. There gave been a few mentions of her colourful past so I'm looking forward to that unravelling :pac:
    I saw Dan Brown at the Dublin Writers Festival this year and you know what? He is an interesting, nice, down to earth, simple guy. His father is a scientist and his mother a church pastor or something, hence his obsession with science and religion and how they fit together (or not).

With DaVinci Code and Angels and Demons, the female characters and their backgrounds were relevant to the story yet in the lost symbol, all the research the character was doing that he went into such detail with had nothing to do with the main story

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I haven't actually read the Lost Symbol, just the other two. I'm sure it won't impact on my enjoyment of the book :)

I very rarely read/watch/play anything without completing the earlier ones in the series. Just a bad habit I have which is why I fall so far behind in things. Something comes out, looks good, I find out it's a sequel to about 2 or 3 others so then I think I have to complete the others before I do this one.

Guessing it's like OCD

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Came home from the pub at around 3am last night/this morning and it was still like 20 degrees out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,527 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

That's mad.
    Wouldn't want to be in Arizona now - poor sods. :/

God no. Pushing up into the high forties there, I believe. Not fun at all.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Was there two summers ago - 47 degrees during the day at 30 degrees at midnight. Crazy, might as well have been living on a moon base for all my ability to go outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

^ Sounds like hell. If it goes over 20 I die.

Bring on the heat!

Hoping to have a BBQ :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Man flu :(

Heat is on me, I'm dying slowly...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hello friends :) first time poster,long time lurker :o.

Hello friends :) first time poster,long time lurker :o.
    Welcome! Have a coffee, relax and as always, pants are optional

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

...pants are optional

How come I'm only finding out about this now??? :confused:

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    How come I'm only finding out about this now??? :confused:
    Shareholders meeting for January - did you not get the minutes?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Shareholders meeting for January - did you not get the minutes?

Nope.. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.

Zombienosh wrote: »
    You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.
    See - no pants on Zombienosh!

Yeah, think you may have to clarify to him that by pants you're referring to trousers and not underwear.

Passed my exam, only one more and Im qualified.

w00t!

w00t!
    H'on the Coleman Slawski :)

Well done man!

w00t!

Congrats.. :)

Mind if I ask what the qualification is? If ya do, tell me to sod off :P

• Advertisement

Not at all,it's a diploma in insurance,when I get the last one I will be CIP - a certified insurance practitioner, basically the insurance equivalent of the QFA's.

Doesn't mean much in the grand scheme other than I get a €400 bonus from my job and it makes me much more marketable if and when I'm looking for a new job!

• Administrators Posts: 54,114 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Smashing weather down here in cork again :D.

Smashing weather down here in cork again :D.
    I can confirm this - I've a match this evening in it - can't wait for it! :)

I can confirm this - I've a match this evening in it - can't wait for it! :)

What do you play?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,114 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

What do you play?

Gaelic Football, or at least I attempt to, dying unfit last night so I was!
    awec wrote: »
    That means you're for beers?

I'm free for the weekend alright man but I must get onto some people and see if I've a place to stay if I do stay up - plus assess finances - still feeling the pinch after the holidays.

I won't know until tonight if I'm going to head up or not - I'll give you a text tomorrow morning/afternoon and let you know what my story is :)

You guys - "Hey Kev, what did you get up to today?"

Me - "Oh, not much. Just jumped out of a perfectly good aeroplane!" :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,527 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Pics?

And you didn't think to update boards whilst half way through the air? :pac:

Nope. :P Wanted to see all the scenery through my eyes, not the screen on my phone.

Pics as requested;

1044894_645950265433402_1472965189_n.jpg

1044070_645950518766710_529268849_n.jpg

998831_645950815433347_584358278_n.jpg

1011201_645951148766647_825117536_n.jpg

1001665_645951418766620_2025390562_n.jpg

Kev.OC wrote: »
    You guys - "Hey Kev, what did you get up to today?"

Me - "Oh, not much. Just jumped out of a perfectly good aeroplane!" :cool:
    Nice one man, pics look awesome!

That looks AWESOME
    Want to do that!

Nice one, fair play. :cool:

Those pics are awesome :)

When we jumped, the wind turned us upside down, so I was falling to the ground back-first looking up at the plane flying off into the distance. I've never seen a plane from that angle before...

It is definitely something I'll be doing again though.

Anyone get up to anything interesting for the weekend?

• Advertisement

We could have an annual throw a tGCer out of a plane event. :pac:

Do we get to vote on who gets thrown out?? :p

It is definitely something I'll be doing again though.

Anyone get up to anything interesting for the weekend?

Glad to hear you'll be doing it again!

I had a good weekend - didn't make it to Dublin (Sorry about that all!) as I had no place to stay. So instead I chilled Friday, went to the gym Saturday after the Lions match and had a BBQ with my mates and watched Office Space then gym yesterday morning, watched Kerry dismantle Cork for 35mins, had another BBQ - first time having BBQ'd steak which is immense!

So a quiet one but still productive and nice :)

I'm all for this tbh!

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Do we get to vote on who gets thrown out?? :p

Is there a separate vote on whether they get a parachute or not?

first time having BBQ'd steak which is immense!

:eek:

What sort of rock have you been living under!?

:eek:

What sort of rock have you been living under!?
    Well I've never been to many BBQs and it's not something we did loads of as a family when I was younger - Killarney being the wettest town in Ireland! So anytime I had a BBQ I just had burgers and sausages, was nice to have a thick, juicy angus steak!

Was so wrecked after work yesterday I fell asleep on the couch until 8 and missed training - gutted :(

Did the first night of couch 25k last night,little bit stiff today but not too bad, beautiful day and management sent an email around saying that because of the weather anyone in non customer facing roles could dispense with the ties for the week,yahoo!

Did the first night of couch 25k last night,little bit stiff today but not too bad, beautiful day and management sent an email around saying that because of the weather anyone in non customer facing roles could dispense with the ties for the week,yahoo!
    Well done man, first step done, just keep it up and you'll be flying in a couple of weeks :)

I'd love to have no tie for the week - the humidity is unbearable today down in Corcaigh, I maintain it's from the steam coming out of the Cork GAA lads ears from Sunday (H'On the Kingdom :D)

Question though - do most of you folk get a casual Friday? We do it for Bank Holidays only and I think it should be a weekly thing at this stage

Well done man, first step done, just keep it up and you'll be flying in a couple of weeks :)

I'd love to have no tie for the week - the humidity is unbearable today down in Corcaigh, I maintain it's from the steam coming out of the Cork GAA lads ears from Sunday (H'On the Kingdom :D)

Question though - do most of you folk get a casual Friday? We do it for Bank Holidays only and I think it should be a weekly thing at this stage

We have casual day everyday here, shorts and t-shirts are the flavour of the day at the moment.. :)

Surely the bosses would at least let you remove the ties for the day thats in it?

• Advertisement

We get casual Friday the last Friday of every month and now and again in between, shorts and t shirts would be awesome, colour me jelly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement