Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

We get casual Friday the last Friday of every month and now and again in between, shorts and t shirts would be awesome, colour me jelly.

It has its advantages but also has its disadvantages.. there are some sights that should never been seen in public, those include certain individuals in shorts, and we have a few of those in the office at the moment.. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    We have casual day everyday here, shorts and t-shirts are the flavour of the day at the moment.. :)

Surely the bosses would at least let you remove the ties for the day thats in it?
    They prob wouldn't care if I did it as I'm not customer facing being the internal IT dept.

I kinda prefer shirt and tie to casual everyday - I had that before at my previous company - just once a week would be nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Currently on a bus from Calgary to Toronto..all 2 days and 10hrs of it (I think!)
    Figured I'd see some of the country this way, plus it's chape.
    But my God...Canada's frickin' HUMUNGOUS!:eek:

Home the 19th July in case anyone's thinking "Jaysus, I'd love to buy that Panthro lad a pint, wonder when he's home...!":D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Panthro wrote: »
    Currently on a bus from Calgary to Toronto..all 2 days and 10hrs of it (I think!)

Home the 19th July in case anyone's thinking "Jaysus, I'd love to buy that Panthro lad a pint, wonder when he's home...!":D

Yeah its a big place alright.. travelled across it a few years ago but using bus and plane.. :)

Ahh sure a pint wud be cool. You hanging around Dublin for a while?

Yeah its a big place alright.. travelled across it a few years ago but using bus and plane.. :)

Ahh sure a pint wud be cool. You hanging around Dublin for a while?

I'll most likely be heading to the home place in Galway for a few weeks, then make my way over to Dundalk as I'm going doing the 4th year of my course this Sept.
    But umm...I have been known to make my merry oul way to the Bg Smhoke for a beverage or two, that is all!:pac:

• Advertisement

I'll most likely be heading to the home place in Galway for a few weeks, then make my way over to Dundalk as I'm going doing the 4th year of my course this Sept.
    But umm...I have been known to make my merry oul way to the Bg Smhoke for a beverage or two, that is all!:pac:

Hopefully I'll be around for it so.. I'm away for a big chunk of Aug and the start of Sept

Hopefully I'll be around for it so.. I'm away for a big chunk of Aug and the start of Sept

End of July it is so good sir!
    Will we tell the other frauds of the forum or will we keep it to ourselves?
    We could let on we are doing a charity event, raise a bit of cash here, then get absolutely loaded and say nothin to no-one..:pac:

(I'm an evil genius folks, albeit a slightly flawed one, haha!)

End of July it is so good sir!
    Will we tell the other frauds of the forum or will we keep it to ourselves?
    We could let on we are doing a charity event, raise a bit of cash here, then get absolutely loaded and say nothin to no-one..:pac:

(I'm an evil genius folks, albeit a slightly flawed one, haha!)

Works for me.. I'm skint this month :(

Works for me.. I'm skint this month :(

You and me both my good man. Me and my mates got free tickets to a Pre-Party for the Calgary Stampede, and umm...lets just say the oul travel funds took a bit of a battering!:o
    Meh, I may never see a stampede again so feck it, it was worth it!

Did I read somewhere that if you rolled out all the Countries in the world and made them flat that Canada would be the largest Country?

I must have read it - that's too ridiculous a fact for me to just make up given my complete lack of imaginiation!

How're we all today?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

D'Agger wrote: »
    Did I read somewhere that if you rolled out all the Countries in the world and made them flat that Canada would be the largest Country?

I must have read it - that's too ridiculous a fact for me to just make up given my complete lack of imaginiation!

How're we all today?

That is a ridiculous fact. I'd have thought Russia, no?
    They're hiding again I think. :)

Lads, I've been sitting here singing " hot in here" to one of my mates on skype for the past half an hour. This weather is driving me cray cray!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Howye, surfer head. :pac:

Lads, I've been sitting here singing " hot in here" to one of my mates on skype for the past half an hour. This weather is driving me cray cray!

Yup, you need to get out.. why are you not out enjoying the sunshine?? You're finished college aren't you?

Sup TBO?
    Yup, you need to get out.. why are you not out enjoying the sunshine?? You're finished college aren't you?

I'm heading in and out of it. But I can't Skype outside, it's too bright! Ze light, it burns :D Be back out again in a bit.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Skype's grand when you can connect successfully.

Sup TBO?

I'm heading in and out of it. But I can't Skype outside, it's too bright! Ze light, it burns :D Be back out again in a bit.

Ahh yer a bit like me so.. nothing worse than sitting outside trying to use the laptop and you can't see the screen..

Well for some having the option tho.. bloody work :cool:

Well according to this it would seem Russia alright....I'm wondering if land mass includes my hypothetical of all countries being flattened though?

It's very warrrrrrm

Ahh yer a bit like me so.. nothing worse than sitting outside trying to use the laptop and you can't see the screen..

Well for some having the option tho.. bloody work :cool:

Pretty much yeah. Add that to we have very protective seagulls guarding a chick on my neighbours roof and I run the risk of being dive bombed every time I step out the front door :pac:
    Well according to this it would seem Russia alright....I'm wondering if land mass includes my hypothetical of all countries being flattened though?

It's very warrrrrrm

Whatever your link was you forgot it old man...surely surface area would include them being flattened though?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

There about about 50 ****ers up on my roof every day, chatting and partying day and night. Those little seagull bastards are driving me demented.

Whatever your link was you forgot it old man...surely surface area would include them being flattened though?

• Advertisement

Morning all. Any Friday/weekend craic afoot?

Thinking I'll go to the exhibition thingymajig on in Merrion Square this weekend :)

If anybodys in Dundrum later let me know...up at last minute to Dublin for work so I'll be there this evening :)

If anybodys in Dundrum later let me know...up at last minute to Dublin for work so I'll be there this evening :)

Nice one.. u shud have said, pintage could have been arranged!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Feck we're not around! Damn your timing :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Thinking I'll go to the exhibition thingymajig on in Merrion Square this weekend :)

Going later on this evening for an hour. It's only 2 or 3 pitches tonight but I might not make it in over the weekend. Looking forward to it :)

There about about 50 ****ers up on my roof every day, chatting and partying day and night. Those little seagull bastards are driving me demented.

There's a baby seagull up on my neighbours garage roof - the parents are divebombing anyone who gets too close and clattering onto the roof at 5am to feed it :rolleyes: They're so annoying!
    Morning all. Any Friday/weekend craic afoot?

I'm going to Kerry, of all things...the drive is gonna kill me!

I'm going to Kerry, of all things...the drive is gonna kill me!

Having just arrived in Dublin I can confirm that it might actually do that

Nice one.. u shud have said, pintage could have been arranged!!

No drinking sure Ive ti drive back down later...ice cream I can do

• Advertisement

Having just arrived in Dublin I can confirm that it might actually do that

We haven't even left yet, the thoughts of that drive was too much!

Now, if the dog would stop sitting on me I'd be able to get to bed.

We haven't even left yet, the thoughts of that drive was too much!

Now, if the dog would stop sitting on me I'd be able to get to bed.

The dog is probably thinking "now if the human would only stop trying to move me, I might actually get some sleep!"

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

I've had this stuck in my head all day.

*Warning; this video will punch you square in the feels.

I think I brokeded my new iPod. :(

Kev.OC wrote: »
    I'm afraid I brokeded something in my foot.....might have to go for an x-ray :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Oh no,what happened??

• Advertisement

fook, too many people breaking things here.. I'm off.. :pac:

Oh no,what happened??
    No idea what happened - was at me Saturday morning and during the camping trip - trained last night and it wasn't feeling great so just used my right foot for kicking (I'm a leftie) but today I was hobbling on it and in a small bit of pain so went to the doc there - torn ligaments in the foot so no running for two weeks, by which time Championship will have rolled around.

Can cycle and swim though so hopefully I won't miss out on fitness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

It wasn't perchance the result of drunken buffoonery was it?

:pac:

It wasn't perchance the result of drunken buffoonery was it?

:pac:
    Nah....I rarely injure myself when drunk, I'm worse for wear sober it would appear...it's strange though because I've literally NO idea how I've managed this :pac:

how is everybody btw - been quiet in here of late....needs coffee imo

They still make those?
    Looking forward to heading to the gym later. I went to physio again today and I always get mad enthusiasm at the start of a new, stepped-up weekly rehab programme :D

Of course, by the weekend I'll be getting fvcked off by the slowness of my recovery and will transfer my enthusiasm to beer...

• Advertisement

Also, anyone else burnt to **** after the weekend? I think the sunscreen might have been slightly out of date... :pac:

Nah....I rarely injure myself when drunk, I'm worse for wear sober it would appear...it's strange though because I've literally NO idea how I've managed this :pac:

Well then, I think we've found the solution to your problem. :pac:

They do indeed still make iPods. Picked up a new Nano about maybe two months ago, but it turns out that it's size was also it's downfall. Never felt it while patting down my pockets and put it through the washing machine and the dryer.

Other than that, I'm grand. Home for good in two weeks! :eek: :) Actually, to get specific, in exactly two weeks, down to the hour, I shall be on an aeroplane just reaching cruising altitude.

I know I've only been gone for like 8 months, but I have to...

How's everyone else doing? Are ye still getting those ridiculous temperatures? Thirty-something in Cork last week? Dafuq is that about? We're not built to handle that!

• Administrators Posts: 54,114 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Looking forward to heading to the gym later. I went to physio again today and I always get mad enthusiasm at the start of a new, stepped-up weekly rehab programme :D

Of course, by the weekend I'll be getting fvcked off by the slowness of my recovery and will transfer my enthusiasm to beer...

Stick with it man, it's really hard to stick to a rehab programme - I found it hard when I was younger and ended up creating far more injuries in the long run for myself!
    Well then, I think we've found the solution to your problem. :pac:

They do indeed still make iPods. Picked up a new Nano about maybe two months ago, but it turns out that it's size was also it's downfall. Never felt it while patting down my pockets and put it through the washing machine and the dryer.

Other than that, I'm grand. Home for good in two weeks! :eek: :) Actually, to get specific, in exactly two weeks, down to the hour, I shall be on an aeroplane just reaching cruising altitude.

How's everyone else doing? Are ye still getting those ridiculous temperatures? Thirty-something in Cork last week? Dafuq is that about? We're not built to handle that!

I played really well one game this year actually after a feed of pints the night before so that could be a plan!

Glad to hear you're coming back to some culture soon! Not getting the ridiculous temperatures in Cork but it's still fairly humid and warm here, was a great spell of it we got, hopefully it'll continue into August :)

Leaving for NY in a few hours to catch a flight home to the mother land, A few weeks dicking about home then Dundalk bound for a few months of college.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Have a safe trip Panthro!

What Daisies said!

Also this is how I see you now college boy!

NOTMClis.jpg

Nah, defo this way..

a-drunky-drunk-9.jpg?w=500&h=375

Well aren't ye a pair of frickin' comedians!:pac::pac:
    This is what I've to be looking forward to...

That-look,-the-one-that-tells-you-you%27re-in-for-more-than-just-studying.jpg

so in the words of a certain Cartman:

:D

You're expecting this:

That-look,-the-one-that-tells-you-you%27re-in-for-more-than-just-studying.jpg

but in reality you get this:

UglySchoolGirl.jpg

Then you remember you're in Dundalk!! :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement