Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Panthro wrote: »
    Place device in a bowl of long grain rice..brown rice..must be brown rice..between 18-24 hours.
    Then place in the freezer overnight.
    Remove from the freezer and wrap it in banana skins which have been dipped in paint thinner, and place on a warm (but not hot!) surface for up to 2 days.

Jobs' a good 'un!

terrifyingJohnCandy.jpg
    (or you could just ignore all that ****e and just chuck it in the bin!)

37169939.jpg

The aforementioned iPod has been in the bag of rice for a little more than 12 hours at this stage. Not sure what to do if it doesn't work. I'm going home next Tuesday so I'd prefer not to fork out for another one (especially considering this one is hardly 2 months old! :mad:) but I really want music for travelling.

I heard ye got rain. Do I offer congratulations or condolences? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

bluewolf wrote: »
    The girls?
    Ladies Bluey....ladies :pac:

Haven't heard from you in a while - how's all?

D'Agger wrote: »
    Ladies Bluey....ladies :pac:

Haven't heard from you in a while - how's all?

I don't think it was "the ladies in dundalk" i was reading about earlier! :pac:

Am good a busy bee

Attempts to resuscitate the iPod have failed. Cock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

Two years now and I'm still waiting for my brothers ipod to dry out and be fine again, even a spate of sitting in the hot press didn't resuscitate the little thing.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

iPods are strange little devices..

My bro knocked his one off the counter top and onto a tile floor in his kitchen a few years ago. The unit would power on but a sad face would pop on screen and that was it.

He tried everything, then discovered some thread on the web where someone who had a similar experience suggested that an arm that reads from the devices hard drive has been known to lock up on impact.

His suggestion, wrap it in a tea towel and drop it onto a hard floor and see what happens. So my bro did and it started working again. Still working perfectly fine 3 years later. Bizarre!! :confused:

Chances are you've fried some component on the systems main board. They are replaceable if you're up for it. Always peeps on ebay selling parts for these and there are detailed instructional videos on youtube for doing the jobs. Nothing to lose really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Kev.OC wrote: »

I heard ye got rain. Do I offer congratulations or condolences? :pac:

It's just practising for you coming home :pac:
    I loved it! The dog decided rainstorm meant lets play in the garden time - both of us scurried back in when the lightning started though. Looked like a pair of drowned rats :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I loved it! The dog decided rainstorm meant lets play in the garden time - both of us scurried back in when the lightning started though. Looked like a pair of drowned rats :D

Just as you said that, my work colleague who sits beside me walked back into the office looking like someone just chucked him into the river.. absolutely soaked.. Got caught in the same rain shower I'd say and not looking one bit impressed :D

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Just as you said that, my work colleague who sits beside me walked back into the office looking like someone just chucked him into the river.. absolutely soaked.. Got caught in the same rain shower I'd say and not looking one bit impressed :D

Nah, this was last night. Was actually a lot of fun, probably wouldn't have been if I'd had to sit in an office after!

Speaking of the dog, I just went upstairs and came back down to find a smug dog sitting in the middle of a pile of treat wrappers...I wouldn't even be surprised but those treats were on a shelf behind two shut doors. Both of which are still shut...seriously, what is this, Houdini reincarnated? :D

• Administrators Posts: 54,114 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Nah, this was last night. Was actually a lot of fun, probably wouldn't have been if I'd had to sit in an office after!

Speaking of the dog, I just went upstairs and came back down to find a smug dog sitting in the middle of a pile of treat wrappers...I wouldn't even be surprised but those treats were on a shelf behind two shut doors. Both of which are still shut...seriously, what is this, Houdini reincarnated? :D

You would be very surprised what I've seen dogs do over the years.. crafty little buggers they are :D

awec wrote: »
    Yo yo yo!

What's this watery stuff falling from the sky?
    It's monsoon season DUH!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

It's monsoon season DUH!! :pac:
    Ireland gets its Bollywood treat. All the curry lovers out there :pac:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Just got a HTC One and switched to 3 with their unlimited data plan.

Kid at Christmas. Woop.

Kid at Christmas. Woop.
    Got an iphone 5 yesterday through work - absolutely hating it having had an S2 for the past 18 months :(

Enjoy your proper OS sire!

Kid at Christmas. Woop.
    Got an iphone 5 yesterday through work - absolutely hating it having had an S2 for the past 18 months :(

Enjoy your proper OS sire!

Yeah I'm looking at the HTC One at the moment but caught between the Vodafone Red Super plan for the Meteor €49 a month with unlimited calls/texts and 5GB of data.. all very confusing :(

Yeah I'm looking at the HTC One at the moment but caught between the Vodafone Red Super plan for the Meteor €49 a month with unlimited calls/texts and 5GB of data.. all very confusing :(
    I'd go for the S4 based on what I've seen so far - Vodafone have a very good plan for €50 per month or thereabouts - close enough to what meteor are offering I'd say - 5gb per month is a ludicrous amount of Data!

I got the opportunity to play around with the Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One handsets in work before I bought and I marginally preferred the One. Better battery life and a much brighter screen were the key factors for me. The build quality/finishing is nicer too, and it has a better speaker (that that I’d use that much).

The S4 has a lot more storage with an SD card, is smaller/thinner and has a bigger screen, and I preferred the placement of its power button. The comparatively dull screen really killed it for me though. It seems to be more expensive too.

I'm only on it an hour or so but 3's data coverage seems rubbish. Worrying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

I'm only on it an hour or so but 3's data coverage seems rubbish. Worrying.

Really? I'm thinking of switching to 3 as well....

Kid at Christmas. Woop.

I was looking at getting a HTC, I'm terrible at making decisions though...my network is 48 so if I do I'll stick with them, I like them!

I was looking at getting a HTC, I'm terrible at making decisions though...my network is 48 so if I do I'll stick with them, I like them!

Whats the deal with them now that 3 has taken over O2 who own the 48 network?

Whats the deal with them now that 3 has taken over O2 who own the 48 network?

I haven't noticed any diff so far anyways so I hope it stays the same...tbh I think anyone can sign up to them anyway, the age thing is just marketing.

I haven't noticed any diff so far anyways so I hope it stays the same...tbh I think anyone can sign up to them anyway, the age thing is just marketing.

I've heard stories of people getting cut off but who knows. Don't know anyone apart from yourself on it.

I prefer to stick with bill pay as going abroad so much doesn't work with payg..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Jeez, it's a whole alphabet of providers these days. Remember when it was just Eircell and perhaps one of your parents had a mobile?

• Advertisement

Jeez, it's a whole alphabet of providers these days. Remember when it was just Eircell and perhaps one of your parents had a mobile?

I got my first mobile im 1997 and it was like a brick with an ariel.. my fathers first one was 10 years before that and you could hammer nails with it. It weighed about a kilo and the battery lasted about an hour talk time if you were lucky.. jeez I'm old :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

OK. We'll keep you away from any nails at meet ups, then. :pac:

OK. We'll keep you away from any nails at meet ups, then. :pac:

I was gonna go on about nailing and hammering and scre... err never mind but then decided against it :pac:

Haven't seen Despicable Me, any use? Pixar quality?

Supposed to be class, have only heard good things about it..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I haven't seen it but I from asking people, I haven't heard anything bad about it since it came out. I'd love to go see it :(

Barna77 wrote: »
    Really? I'm thinking of switching to 3 as well....
    It's been running smoothly since I got home, coverage might just be patchy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

you could hammer nails with it.

:eek:,A pity phones these days can't do that :D.

I've had clear blue skies and mid-to-high twenties for like a month solid. I would love a decent shower of rain. :p

You would be very surprised what I've seen dogs do over the years.. crafty little buggers they are :D

Speaking of dogs doing things, the parents inform me that our two have discovered swimming within the last month. Last time I had them at the beach they'd hardly look at the water. I find myself surprised at how much I'm looking forward to swimming with them. Dad says if you go into the water they won't follow you, but if you sink down so that just your head is above the surface they go charging in. Maybe they fancy themselves as lifeguards. :)

Anyone anything interesting planned for the weekend?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

It's pretty fun, gotta love those Minions :D (they get a lot more screen time in this one than the first)

Haven't seen the first one, would that be a problem for seeing 2?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Haven't seen the first one, would that be a problem for seeing 2?

Not at all, I actually saw DM2 on a Saturday afternoon then went home and watched Despicable Me that evening for the first time :D (the second one is better imo ;))

Watched Rango last night lads - possibly one of the best films I've ever watched...loved it!

• Administrators Posts: 54,114 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    It's a great flick! :D
    So many great quotes in it too

"Circle of life!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Swampin a few pints before headin to a work thing.

It's on in the fuppin grafton lounge,I hate that place.

On the upside, I will likely bail relatively early so beer cat will be kept away from the work folk, it's my first night out with them so wanna be somewhat civilised.

Ps,D'ags, keep the beard man, it looks well.

..Ps,D'ags, keep the beard man, it looks well.

I was thinking that he looks like a junior version of you.. a mini me if you will :D

I was thinking that he looks like a junior version of you.. a mini me if you will :D

:D Cannot unsee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Don't hate us cos we're beautiful.

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,320 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So a junior Coleman yet a mini Paddy? D'Agger's your love-child?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So a junior Coleman yet a mini Paddy? D'Agger's your love-child?

Not a mini me, a mini Coleman Slawski :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRa7oBhf_DNZb9LOc3zFUNVRpY6X4T6bMcnz8y8P2CQn4QuYbvPZA

Don't hate us cos we're beautiful.

:cool:

You said it CS ya handsome fücker ya! :)

Oh and for the record I'm my own man, I ain't no mini version of no one! :pac:

All you need now is to grow hair matching your av. :pac:

All you need now is to grow hair matching your av. :pac:

I'll try sure!

• Advertisement

Afternoon. Another weekend almost gone, boo!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement