Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

You'd never know the awec/Panthro relationship had been called off. :pac:

Oh-Oooohh.. I think they're on to us..
    Quick Awec, to the Batmobile!
    http://acidcow.com/pics/20120311/batman_06.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Your every day wear, I take it?

Your every day wear, I take it?

Nope...those be the gimpsuits!!!:pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Quick! to the Pantwec cave!

Doesn't exactly trip off the tongue. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,320 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Quick! to the Pantwec cave!

Doesn't exactly trip off the tongue. :pac:

The "athro cave" does though

• Administrators Posts: 54,119 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

awec wrote: »
    There used to be a poster on here named after Otis Redding.

Sure who could forget that gigantic douche :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

D'Agger wrote: »
    Sure who could forget that gigantic douche :pac:

photo-625.jpg?_r=1363343990

I mean

6u4wa427wap7raej7xuv.jpeg

:mad:

Not particularly, I believe it was Swapple that called me Otis Redding one night I randomly met her.

• Advertisement

Love Otis Redding, felt like some manly man listening to his album smoking a cigar after work in my shirt and tie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Hello all. How're ye doing?

Any bank holiday shennanigans to share?

Hey Kev, are you back amongst us? I forget...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Jaam_rek

Hello hello :),

I am a newbie looking to join your lovely ranks. Long time lurker, very infrequent poster, and on a new account now as previous posts were on stuff which I'd prefer to put behind me (nothing scandalous or in any way interesting unfortunately, just the usual crappy 'relationship issues' stuff!)

So hello really! :D I am not actually currently in the country but moving back in October and would love to actually interact with some boardsies after so long lurking (but not in a stalking sense of course.....*looks shifty*). My newness to this forum is genuine though, previous attention was elsewhere but in looking around I'm liking the feel of here a lot!

Jaam_rek

P.s I am a 25 year old woman, not sure what vibe my username gives off but it's genuine and not just nonsense I swear! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Jaam_rek wrote: »
    Hello hello :),

I am a newbie looking to join your lovely ranks. Long time lurker, very infrequent poster, and on a new account now as previous posts were on stuff which I'd prefer to put behind me (nothing scandalous or in any way interesting unfortunately, just the usual crappy 'relationship issues' stuff!)

So hello really! :D I am not actually currently in the country but moving back in October and would love to actually interact with some boardsies after so long lurking (but not in a stalking sense of course.....*looks shifty*). My newness to this forum is genuine though, previous attention was elsewhere but in looking around I'm liking the feel of here a lot!

Jaam_rek

P.s I am a 25 year old woman, not sure what vibe my username gives off but it's genuine and not just nonsense I swear! :rolleyes:

Welcome to tGc.. :)

Glad you like the place. Make yourself at home :)

See I knew I was right in my judgement, thank you ToxicPaddy! :D

Also meant to mention, from previous posts it seems women are welcome on here? If not, my bad.....and massively awkward haha! :o

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Also meant to mention, from previous posts it seems women are welcome on here? If not, my bad.....and massively awkward haha! :o

All are welcome here. Plenty of regular posters of both sexes in here :)

The forum is mainly for mens issues, queries, questions etc but a female point of view is always welcomed.

• Advertisement

That's what I thought, thanks for the clarification! :)

I totally get that, so no problems here, just friendly female opinion....unless you offend me obviously and then there may be some repercussions ;)

That's what I thought, thanks for the clarification! :)

I totally get that, so no problems here, just friendly female opinion....unless you offend me obviously and then there may be some repercussions ;)

Well it's always good to be able to stand up for yourself. It will definitely come in handy as there can be some very opinionated individuals on here alright. But it's best to report it rather than tackle them yourself :)

Welcome to tGC Jaam.

Friday again, that feckin week flew.

Anyone got owt exciting on for the weekend?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Morning all, I don't think I have posted here for a while. Happy Friday! For a 4 day week, it's been a very feckin' long one.

Welcome :)

First 6 months is free, only €8 per month after that, why you ask? Because we're better than netflix

Welcome to tGC Jaam.

Friday again, that feckin week flew.

Nathin, got to reorganize my life...again, my room is a mess and in general going away for the bank holiday has upset my rhythm
    miamee wrote: »
    Morning all, I don't think I have posted here for a while. Happy Friday! For a 4 day week, it's been a very feckin' long one.

Hello, I just realized it was Friday as I was off Monday and Tuesday. Jaaaab! :)

How're you?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I'm going to spend much of weekend with my leg elevated and a bag of frozen peas on my knee. Good times.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

D'Agger wrote: »
    Hello, I just realized it was Friday as I was off Monday and Tuesday. Jaaaab! :)

How're you?
    All good with me if a bit boring at the moment! I've been to the cinema a few times over the past couple of weeks, so just so y'all know

Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters - ok, bit meh
    Despicable Me 2 - yay, minions!
    Only God Forgives - dear God, no.

You're welcome :D:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Wedding to go to. First of a series of 3 :/

I can't actually believe that I've got to 31yo and haven't been to a wedding since I was 19.

All good with me if a bit boring at the moment! I've been to the cinema a few times over the past couple of weeks, so just so y'all know

Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters - ok, bit meh
    Despicable Me 2 - yay, minions!
    Only God Forgives - dear God, no.

You're welcome :D:pac:

I was in Galway the other day, had a few hours to kill, and I really wanted to go see DM2 but I felt kind of silly at the thought of a near to the cinema on his toblerown to see an animation!:(

Panthro wrote: »
    I was in Galway the other day, had a few hours to kill, and I really wanted to go see DM2 but I felt kind of silly at the thought of a near to the cinema on his toblerown to see an animation!:(

Aw no!! You should have done it. I've seen it twice, both times with adults only, lol. Go see it before it's gone Panthro, do it!

cantdecide wrote: »
    Wedding to go to. First of a series of 3 :/

I can't actually believe that I've got to 31yo and haven't been to a wedding since I was 19.

That's pretty good going on the wedding front! I've only been to 2 weddings in my life.
    First one, had the meal and a few pints, looked at the time, Match of the Day was about to start so I got two pints and headed for the bedroom in the hotel!:o
    The second wedding was savage, my cousin and mates wedding so we all had a proper laugh.

• Advertisement

Aw no!! You should have done it. I've seen it twice, both times with adults only, lol. Go see it before it's gone Panthro, do it!

Feck it, might have to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

*peeks head in*

Hellooooooo?

been a while.....who changed the wallpaper?

Awec has gone all mad with the redecorating, the paper ain't too bad but those bloody ducks on the wall like Jack and Vera Duckworth had are too much.

I've a wedding in November,looking forward to it, it's a good mate from home.

The stag has yet to be planned.

The Panty thrower wanted to hang a pair of frilly granny pants on the wall. Soiled ones.

What would you prefer? Ducks, or soiled granny pants?

HEY!
    Don't be dragging me into your domestic!:mad:

Relationship Issues that way >>>>>>

We still have to debrief Panthro and see if he's using words like 'garbage, math, and the Fall', if so, we have to sort him out. :pac:

We still have to debrief Panthro and see if he's using words like 'garbage, math, and the Fall', if so, we have to sort him out. :pac:

Don't forget

Finishing every sentence in "Eh"
    Closet
    Gas instead of petrol
    Eating peanut n jelly sandwiches

They won't understand a bloody word he says in Dundalk.. :pac:

• Advertisement

For sure eh?!
    I just gotta go get something from the trunk of my car, I'll be back here by about 20 after 12, will that be cool brah?!
    What about that hockey game last night eh? Go Canucks!..Whoo!:pac:

Panthro wrote: »
    For sure eh?!
    I just gotta go get something from the trunk of my car, I'll be back here by about 20 after 12, will that be cool brah?!
    What about that hockey game last night eh? Go Canucks!..Whoo!:pac:

Oh that phish water they consider coffee from Tim Hortons.. fuppin muck..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Don't forget

Closet
    Gas instead of petrol

Not to mention anyone who leaves Ireland for longer than two weeks in Santa Ponza being doomed to say 'the police... errr the Guards' forever.

Well, I hope for his part Panthro managed to confuse some Canadians with a few Irishisms.

Don't forget

Closet
    Gas instead of petrol

They won't understand a bloody word he says in Dundalk.. :pac:

Sorry but peanut butter and jelly(jam) sammichs are feckin gorgeous.

Sorry but peanut butter and jelly(jam) sammichs are feckin gorgeous.

Eh except it's peanut butter and JAM!!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Look, IT'S A GRAMES! :pac:

Harro!!
    We still have to debrief Panthro

eh no thanks!!

jees is that what this place has become - granny panties, ducks and debriefing?!

*runs*

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

Eh except it's peanut butter and JAM!!! :pac:

I had crunchy peanut butter for the first time recently. Its actually gorgeous!!

I had crunchy peanut butter for the first time recently. Its actually gorgeous!!

Ohh I love it, but it's a heart attack in a jar. So I've been avoiding it in the last few months.. :(

• Advertisement

I prefer the smooth myself,Sun Pat ftw!

If I'm being a total fat bastard I would have peanut butter and chocolate spread toasted on white bread,it's like Reece's Cups on bread.

/drool

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement