Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

awec wrote: »
    Dundrum.

Think yer out of luck unless there is an An Post agent in the area like Bizpost who offer post services..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Just get a pigeon Awec it'd probably be quicker anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

There is bound to be a post box near you. Defo one in Blackrock.

Such a fab day :)

Kev there are a few post boxes in Ennis. I'm clearly the only one around here who posts stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Kev.OC wrote: »
    Ladies and gentlemen;

I have just been timelined! :mad: :(

That is all.

It got me last week :mad:
    Are there postboxes in Dublin? Need to post a letter and don't think I've seen a postbox in the 9 months I've been here?

One outside the fancy grocers thing (can't think of the name but the one with all the icecream, in that block of shops with Supervalu on Braemor Road), post office in dundrum village. Postbox on Lower Churchtown Road...

• Advertisement

I don't get the timeline hate to be honest, its not that bad plus at the end of the day Facebook is only a website

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Pembily wrote: »
    Kev there are a few post boxes in Ennis. I'm clearly the only one around here who posts stuff.
    I post stuff all the time! I can name the locations of at least six post offices without stopping to think. All of which I've been known to frequent :pac:
    Thanks! :)

Got sorted, but at least now I know what postboxes down here look like.
    The exact same, except green! When I was little, I loved finding really old ones that had the monarch's insignia on them. They were just repainted after independence!

I'm another for the timeline hatred. Much preferred the old linear layout :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Really? There're two post offices in the town, but apart from those I can't locate any from memory. :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Morning all. Had a lovely weekend in the capital apart from a vomiting incident. For future reference, never take doxycycline on a empty stomach! I bought a french press and a travel mug so now I can drink ALL the coffee. Nom nom.

Super busy week ahead :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Kev.OC wrote: »
    Really? There're two post offices in the town, but apart from those I can't locate any from memory. :o

There's definitely a post box in the market, near Xtra-Vision. And I think there's one down Parnell Street as well if I remember right...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Morning all..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

This might be signing my own death warrant but I really don't understand why everyone is complaining about Timeline.

It's not that bad, deal with it. :p

Maguined wrote: »
    This might be signing my own death warrant but I really don't understand why everyone is complaining about Timeline.

I did. Now I dont have to look at it anymore. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

There's definitely a post box in the market, near Xtra-Vision. And I think there's one down Parnell Street as well if I remember right...

Wait a minute, you're right. There is one in the market. It's maybe 15 yards from the post office!

Morning all.

There was a ridiculous shower here. Heavens opened. I hope it's not like that tomorrow morning, I'll have stock to bring in!

Yeah it's one of the larger first world problems out there imo

Also - Morning all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

FEEEDDDD MMMEEEEEE

Sauve wrote: »
    FEEEDDDD MMMEEEEEE
    I concur!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

i had shepherds pie and some green beans
    :cool:

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    i had shepherds pie and some green beans
    :cool:

I had roast chicken, gravy and veg :D:D

Hugs for the stomach sickness Daisies!

Afternoon all! Didn't fecking sleep well, damned dreams :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I had roast chicken, gravy and veg :D:D

Hugs for the stomach sickness Daisies!

Meh it was my own fault really, didn't bring proper food for the 5 hour drive. I just missed out on nom Chinese food when there isn't a Chinese restaurant in my town :(

On the plus side, BBQ tonight, posh dinner for graduation on Thursday and the beach on Sunday to relax after a hectic week :D

Daisies wrote: »
    On the plus side, BBQ tonight, posh dinner for graduation on Thursday and the beach on Sunday to relax after a hectic week :D

That sounds fabulous :) I am completing my next 100km cycle this weekend :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

That sounds fabulous :) I am completing my next 100km cycle this weekend :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Woo hoo go you!
    I'm being optimistic. We have a partners meeting on Saturday (seriously it's the weekend) and it could get ugly which could put a damper on Sunday considering it's the "social" for after the partners meeting. BUT, on the plus side, steak for dinner!

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I remember this! Loved it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Just back from a weekend of attempted surfing in Donegal, they really like the song Wagon Wheel up there and tbh its growning on me.

Best of luck Pem,

Just had soup and a sammich there....it was delicious

Just got home and found a letter from college "Dear KamiKazeKitten, in an effort to improve professional presentation the college has introduced an official PE tracksuit..."

Fcuks sake, I'm back in school uniforms :mad: :pac:

Sauve wrote: »
    I remember this! Loved it :)

I don't have a clue what that is! :o
    I used to love this, only just realised how creepy they are:

• Advertisement

Just got home and found a letter from college "Dear KamiKazeKitten, in an effort to improve professional presentation the college has introduced an official PE tracksuit..."

Fcuks sake, I'm back in school uniforms :mad: :pac:

Ahhhh what college do you go to that's ridiculous!!

I used to love this, only just realised how creepy they are

I got a christmas annual by them one year - loved that show but I'm refusing to look at that video out of fear!

PaulieC wrote: »
    Ahhhh what college do you go to that's ridiculous!!

Primary teaching college, they had the tracksuits last year for us to wear on teaching practice too (and then wanted us to change back into suits and skirts and whatever after the lesson). Think most people just ignored it, so now it's official and I'm stuck in it once a week!

Looking professional yadda yadda....wouldn't mind that much but it's a bloody awful tracksuit. :pac:
    I got a christmas annual by them one year - loved that show but I'm refusing to look at that video out of fear!

I remember having a giant storybook about them too....
    I had a complete flashback after I saw that, ended up watching this.

Is it bad I still know all the words? :o

Primary teaching college, they had the tracksuits last year for us to wear on teaching practice too (and then wanted us to change back into suits and skirts and whatever after the lesson). Think most people just ignored it, so now it's official and I'm stuck in it once a week!

Looking professional yadda yadda....wouldn't mind that much but it's a bloody awful tracksuit. :pac:

I remember having a giant storybook about them too....
    I had a complete flashback after I saw that, ended up watching this.

Is it bad I still know all the words? :o
    I think I was a bit old for Tots TV somehow...I remember it but I don't recall watching it - maybe I was half hipster by the time I was 5/6 years old :pac:

That tracksuit thing is ridiculous - ye'll get slagged over that like!!

I like IT being casual clothes most the time - new job is shirt & tie though, I'll enjoy suiting up for about a month or two but after that I'll be depressed guaranteed!

I think I was a bit old for Tots TV somehow...I remember it but I don't recall watching it - maybe I was half hipster by the time I was 5/6 years old :pac:

So what, are you full hipster now? :P
    I don't remember watching it at all either and I can still somehow sing all the words. :confused:
    That tracksuit thing is ridiculous - ye'll get slagged over that like!!

My course is just in a campus on it's own (I know, loners! :P ) so it doesn't matter as much. But still *grumbles*
    I like IT being casual clothes most the time - new job is shirt & tie though, I'll enjoy suiting up for about a month or two but after that I'll be depressed guaranteed!

I'd love to be able to wear what I like but they're just real strict when we're out in the schools, on my first inspection I was told off about my dress. :o
    Still better than a girl I know, her inspector said never sing in front of children again...

Although dunno how we all managed running around with infants in shirts and skirts and ties :D

So what, are you full hipster now? :P
    I don't remember watching it at all either and I can still somehow sing all the words. :confused:

No....being hipster was so 1990s as far as I'm concerned (hipster before being a hipster was cool) :D

My course is just in a campus on it's own (I know, loners! :P ) so it doesn't matter as much. But still *grumbles*

People/fellow students/other teachers/students you're teaching won't see it then....that's alright then - mortification averted!

Still better than a girl I know, her inspector said never sing in front of children again...

Harsh much!! That's ridiculous! Unless she's really, really bad....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Evening all! How are we?!

• Advertisement

Ah, Mr Bond. I have been expecting you.

....unpacking like a BAWS! How are ya? :)
    People/fellow students/other teachers/students you're teaching won't see it then....that's alright then - mortification averted!

I don't mind that so much! But apparently I have no shame...just having to buy that horrible tracksuit annoys me.
    Harsh much!! That's ridiculous! Unless she's really, really bad....

Hey now, Incy Wincy Spider is a tough song to sing! :P

Best of luck Pem,

Just had soup and a sammich there....it was delicious

Thanks Paulie! Awec is doing it as well, he could probably do it in 4 hours but he is nice and stays with slow coach Pem :pac:

Had a fab dinner - stir fried prawns and salmon :D

Ah, Mr Bond. I have been expecting you.

....unpacking like a BAWS! How are ya? :)

I'm good - kinda tired, probably get an early night tonight as the rest of my week looks like this:

Wednesday: The Black Keys gig
    Thursday: Work night out (free food and booze)
    Friday: Friends birthday
    Saturday: Oti-cronos Beers!
    Sunday: Sleep!!

:)

Saturday: Oti-cronos Beers!

Won't be the same without me :P

So go then! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Had a fab dinner - stir fried prawns and salmon :D

That sounds amazingly good Pem.

Had my first day back at work today. Must sleeeeeeeeeeep!

So go then! :)
    In Waterford as cycling the next day :(
    Sonics2k wrote: »
    That sounds amazingly good Pem.

Had my first day back at work today. Must sleeeeeeeeeeep!

It was a total mish mash dinner and it was gorgeous :) Soya sauce and veg!!

Gahhhh! I have someone how managed to be roped into being MC for possibly THE biggest event this year here. Which means that between now and Thur evening I have to write my MC stuff (which means figuring out who all the people that are attending are), correct an exam, supervise 2 exams, go rearrange the venue, :eek::eek::eek:

I agree........

...... It'll be better!! :D

[i kid I kid, I'll miss you]

I agree........

...... It'll be better!! :D

[i kid I kid, I'll miss you]
    Harsh :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Magaluf.

Stayed in Mallorca Rocks. Class hotel, they turn it into this for when there are gigs:

pooln22_at_the_Mallorca_Rocks.JPG

Looks mega. I've never been on a sun holiday to somewhere like that. I must sort it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just back from a weekend of attempted surfing in Donegal, they really like the song Wagon Wheel up there and tbh its growning on me.

Can't say I know the song. Guess it hasn't reached Letterkenny yet, or I just don't go out enough.

Nice of them to address you by your boards name. :P

Think bed before 12 tonight for the first time in a long time

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Nice of them to address you by your boards name. :P

Who said it was just my boards name? :P

Best of luck Daisies :D I have every faith you will be grand!

Morning all. I am grumpy today :mad: Sick of drivers driving in the cycle lane :mad:

Best of luck Daisies :D I have every faith you will be grand!

Morning all. I am grumpy today :mad: Sick of drivers driving in the cycle lane :mad:
    My new job will involve travelling to Dublin so I'm hoping to make a beers sometime soon....I always say this, I have the best intentions tbf!

Also Pem tbf - it's a vicious circle, would never drive in a cycle lane but you'll find ignorance everywhere - was driving home recently and was stuck behind two cyclists, side by side who refused to go into single file and were taking up the road.....

You'll come across fools in every walk of life is my point :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement