Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I prefer the smooth myself,Sun Pat ftw!

If I'm being a total fat bastard I would have peanut butter and chocolate spread toasted on white bread,it's like Reece's Cups on bread.

/drool

Bit sweet for me.. hate Reece's Cups, cheap n nasty chocolate in them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

No way man.

I try and avoid chocolate as just looking at a bar makes me put on weight but they would be my little treat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

*peeks head in*

Hellooooooo?

been a while.....who changed the wallpaper?

Huhhoooo look at this guy! Where've you been buddy?
    miamee wrote: »
    Only God Forgives - dear God, no.

You're welcome :D:pac:

I second this - really didn't like that movie
    Sorry but peanut butter and jelly(jam) sammichs are feckin gorgeous.

Hey.HEY. Don't you ever be sorry when praising a sandwich....run along now!
    ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Eh except it's peanut butter and JAM!!! :pac:

I call it PB&J - that way you're exempt from both sides of that war - Switzerland ftw :D

If I'm being a total fat bastard I would have peanut butter and chocolate spread toasted on white bread,it's like Reece's Cups on bread.

/drool

Sweet.Jesus.

Genuinely had trouble typing Jesus there because I'm still thinking about that sandwich.

In other news I've been far too busy today, going for a cuppa now to get out of the office for a few mins and then back to it until half 5, C'mooooonnnnn time, be faster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Welcome Jaam

/drool

:eek: I've never found anyone else who does this! So happy right now.
    And peanut butter and jam is the BOMB lads, so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

For some reason i'm thinking that white bread + Tayto + nutella + peanut butter might be an awesome mix. I'm seriously considering trying this some time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Ahhh lads, I'm trying to be good, eat healthy and lose some weight and ye bastids are not helping.. :(:(:(

For some reason i'm thinking that white bread + Tayto + nutella + peanut butter might be an awesome mix. I'm seriously considering trying this some time.

Do eet! For science, and you can report back here and tell us all.
    Chicken supernoodles on toast with cheese is great too, just sayin'...

Supernoodles.. the food of champions (for students).. :D

:eek: I've never found anyone else who does this! So happy right now.
    And peanut butter and jam is the BOMB lads, so good.

Somebody laughed at me for calling something 'the bomb' last week....I feel backed up by your post....Imma go kick the shít outa that fool :pac:

No to taytos for me - I've never had a tayto sammich and before you all go off on one for that - it's because the textures of soft white bread and crunch crisps just doesn't sit well with me! :(

That sounds awesome although I'm sure I've given you shíte about that combo before.

I'm after a coffee & scone, gona go for my pack of waffles now awwww yeahhhhhh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

/drool
    I only like crunchy Meridian peanut butter, it's amazing.

Toasted chunky bread, lashing of peanut butter and then a bit of nutella on top = heaven! If I am without bread, I just eat the two on a spoon from the jar :pac:
    D'Agger wrote: »
    No to taytos for me - I've never had a tayto sammich and before you all go off on one for that - it's because the textures of soft white bread and crunch crisps just doesn't sit well with me! :(!
    ODD BALL :P

I don't like mushrooms as the texture is odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

No way man.

I try and avoid chocolate as just looking at a bar makes me put on weight but they would be my little treat.

I stared at a raisin too long once...put on half a stone..:(
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Panthro wrote: »
    I was in Galway the other day, had a few hours to kill, and I really wanted to go see DM2 but I felt kind of silly at the thought of a near to the cinema on his toblerown to see an animation!:(
    I think that sounds awesomes! I love cartoons but I hate when there's lots of whispering in the cinema. My preference is for when it's really quiet so it feels like I have the cinema to myself!

I still haven't seen Despicable Me 2 :o I need to rectify this asap!

I've never had a crisp sandwich. I don't think I'd like it tbh. McCambridge's is my answer to batch bread!

Supernoodles.. the food of champions (for students).. :D

Not ashamed, not even a little bit. :D
    No to taytos for me - I've never had a tayto sammich and before you all go off on one for that - it's because the textures of soft white bread and crunch crisps just doesn't sit well with me! :(

What is wrong with you?
    You haven't lived!
    That sounds awesome although I'm sure I've given you shíte about that combo before.

I'm after a coffee & scone, gona go for my pack of waffles now awwww yeahhhhhh!

You give me shíte about everything, that's nothing new. Go try it though!
    Pembily wrote: »
    Toasted chunky bread, lashing of peanut butter and then a bit of nutella on top = heaven! If I am without bread, I just eat the two on a spoon from the jar :pac:

Y'know one of my mates does that, only with relish...yes, just spoonfuls of relish. She also eats whole blocks of cheese in a go - again, just sitting watching TV, as ya do...
    Really it's amazing neither of us are fat yet!

Raisins are weird little pieces of goat shít. Sorry brah!

Crisp sammichs are decent, needs to be prawn cocktail though, or something with a bit of zing.

A hungover favourite is French toast done with a big slice of Edam cheese on it, fried on the pan (no oil on it as its too greasy) til the cheese is golden brown.

So good but sooo feckin bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Jaam_rek

Thanks for the welcome guys :)
    Welcome :)

First 6 months is free, only €8 per month after that, why you ask? Because we're better than netflix

Haha well if I am provided with food suggestions like peanut butter and chocolate spread toasted on bread, I won't lie I would probably pay any price. Wow, just wow! Anything Reeces related and I'm a goner. I feel this is going to become a staple of my diet now.....and will blame tGC when I have to be rolled off the plane in October! :P

tGC accepts no liability or responsibility for any snack related health issues, recipes and idea's found in tGC are purely for entertainment purposes.

tGC accepts no liability or responsibility for any snack related health issues, recipes and idea's found in tGC are purely for entertainment purposes.

Damn tasty ideas at that too.. not our fault we are sooooo irresistible :P

and please consult your doctor before starting any new (unhealthy) eating plan!!

Doctors Schmocters, a diet of Guinness, rollies and sammichs and you will live to 90.

:cool:

• Administrators Posts: 54,119 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

ODD BALL :P

I don't like mushrooms as the texture is odd.

I'd pass judgement on your dislike of mushrooms but that wouldn't be very nice now would it :P

How're you Pemboooooo?

Are you leaving out that it was in Canada and came with several litres of maple syrup??
    What is wrong with you?
    You haven't lived!

You give me shíte about everything, that's nothing new. Go try it though!

Raisins are weird little pieces of goat shít. Sorry brah!

Physically and mentally there's quite alot wrong with me, I'd get into it but I'm icing my foot after training and I don't want to type out that much :pac:

Ahhhhh now.....I don't, not for everything, and in fairness young kitten, it's only because I'm so full of life experience for somebody so young. I'm helping you be a better person really when you think about it. Which leads me to the issue of Raisins - they're delicious, especially in scones, in Fruit & Fibre and covered in chocolate.

From now on I think I'm going to call you 'Disclaimer Dan'

awec wrote: »
    New thread title will be big guts and male mammary glands.

Let the drive for 10,000 commence, mass email the mods, tell 'em we've bin bags of coke over here :pac:

So my healthy eating went out the window as Awec bought hershys (plains not the good peanut butter stuff) and cheesy crisps. Damn you all to hell :pac:

I'm good D. What's up with the leg this time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,320 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not a fan of Hershy's chocolate. Just tastes like cheap advent calendar chocolate to me.

I've 2 tubes(? cans? packs?) of Pringles in my cupboard: Salt & Vinegar and Roast Chicken & Herbs. Sure why not?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Housemate and me are going through a jaffa cake mad binge...

It has to stop

And bloody body click you bastard....

Morning all.

/stretch

Anything on today?

Having a quiet weekend myself. Going to the cinema at half 1 with herself but thats about the height of it, my poor wallet has been rightly spanked over the last few weeks and needs a break.

Morning all.

/stretch

Anything on today?

Having a quiet weekend myself. Going to the cinema at half 1 with herself but thats about the height of it, my poor wallet has been rightly spanked over the last few weeks and needs a break.

Ohhh I know that feeling. My wallet has had the life beaten out of it.. and the true pain hasn't started yet, college fees due at the end of this month :(

Ohh and morning all..

Forgot that bit :)

Ohhh I know that feeling. My wallet has had the life beaten out of it.. and the true pain hasn't started yet, college fees due at the end of this month :(

Morning:)
    I don't know if you are based in Dublin but if you are check out the Dublin Event Guide, it has listings of free things to do in Dublin.

Oh noes.

What course you doing mate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Morning all.

/stretch

Anything on today?

What are we going to go see?! ;-)

So my healthy eating went out the window as Awec bought hershys (plains not the good peanut butter stuff) and cheesy crisps. Damn you all to hell :pac:

I'm good D. What's up with the leg this time?

Ata boy Awec kiiiid :) Foot tendon/ligaments, they're not sure really but it's my left leg so my main kicking leg so slow recovery. It's not too bad today, hopefully more ice will see it sorted for tomorrows match and then I'll be good for the big 'un next Saturday!
    Morning all.

/stretch

Anything on today?

Morning Dan :pac:

I went to bed reasonably early last night so up early this morning, two boiled eggs with bacon and a big mug of Harrods tea. Just finished cleaning my room and installing Medal of Honor Allied Assault on my PC, gona hang out a wash and tear into that then :)

I know that feel on the wallet thing - 5 week month for me this month, got expenses which I was going to put into my car loan account but now the car is in need of a service and new brake pads I'd say....could be worse I guess!
    Oh noes.

I'm also interested to know TP - Comp Science or something yeah?

Like you even care you dutty'ho :D

Going to see Santa Sangre in the IFI.

Its a movie Ive been meaning to watch for years so I couldnt pass up the opportunity to see it on the big screen.

Herself isnt a horror fan in any way, shape or form so it should be good fun, for her reactions if nowt else!

Oh noes.

I'm also interested to know TP - Comp Science or something yeah?

BSc in Information Systems.. back to college again to finally get that degree I've been avoiding for the last decade or two :cool:

Though this time as a part time student, so don't really get to live the student lifestyle, well just the part of me being chained to a desk studying and being broke for the next 4 years.. :o

Was looking at a comp science degree but just a bit too developer orientated, not really what I was looking for. This one has a bit of everything and more suited for the line of work I'm in and it's future prospects, team lead/manager etc..

Sounds good man.

IT is booming.

The company I work for are so hard up for experienced staff they have offered a €3000 referral fee to any staff members that put someone in touch with the company and ends up getting a job there.

BSc in Information Systems.. back to college again to finally get that degree I've been avoiding for the last decade or two :cool:

Though this time as a part time student, so don't really get to live the student lifestyle, well just the part of me being chained to a desk studying and being broke for the next 4 years.. :o

Was looking at a comp science degree but just a bit too developer orientated, not really what I was looking for. This one has a bit of everything and more suited for the line of work I'm in and it's future prospects, team lead/manager etc..

I did Business Information Systems so if you need additional material on certain topics, I still have all my files/projects etc.

I get what you mean on the development side of things and I'm now seeing the benefits of BIS to be honest - the work I do on a day to day, has absolutely zero to do with my degree but presentations, meetings, general planning and managing are something I think I'd find much easier as a result of the theory and practice I've had to put in.

Enjoy man :)
    Sounds good man.

IT is booming.

The company I work for are so hard up for experienced staff they have offered a €3000 referral fee to any staff members that put someone in touch with the company and ends up getting a job there.

Whoah! That's a huge referral fee, I know they tax them high so you'll prob end up with just over half that I'd say.

Is it a tax write off for companies out of interest? It's just strange to have such a high fee....although in context, not having to go through a recruitment agency is probably quite a bit cheaper.

• Advertisement

I wouldnt think they will be able to write it off but as you said, it would be significantly cheaper than using an agency as some of the roles are quite senior, project managers etc.

They pay €1000 when the person starts then the remaining €2000 after 10 months so the tax paid wouldnt be as harsh.

If anyone knows someone looking for a move send em my way, Id be more than willing to split the referral fee!

It saves them paying recruitment agencies which charge up to the equivalent of 20% - 30% of the first years salary iirc.. That might have changed slightly since the recession kicked in but I doubt it's changed much.

So even say paying an agency 20% of a 50k salary compared to paying €3k to an employee, guess which they would prefer?? :P

I wouldnt think they will be able to write it off but as you said, it would be significantly cheaper than using an agency as some of the roles are quite senior, project managers etc.

They pay €1000 when the person starts then the remaining €2000 after 10 months so the tax paid wouldnt be as harsh.

If anyone knows someone looking for a move send em my way, Id be more than willing to split the referral fee!

What areas of IT are they looking for? Development? Systems? Security?

I did Business Information Systems so if you need additional material on certain topics, I still have all my files/projects etc.

I get what you mean on the development side of things and I'm now seeing the benefits of BIS to be honest - the work I do on a day to day, has absolutely zero to do with my degree but presentations, meetings, general planning and managing are something I think I'd find much easier as a result of the theory and practice I've had to put in.

Enjoy man :)

Yeah, I work in Systems, apart from a bit of scripting, not much of a requirement for coding of any description.

Project planning and management etc would be a lot more useful.

That's fairly bang on of the company to do that in fairness, plus means you won't blow 3k on guinness I guess :pac:
    Yeah, I work in Systems, apart from a bit of scripting, not much of a requirement for coding of any description.

Project planning and management etc would be a lot more useful.

I'm doing all basic deskside stuff myself on top of exchange, antivirus, virtual server management etc. hoping to get a resource in to help with lower stuff which would mean I could technically put down management skills on the CV....although that might be pushing it :pac:

Must really try get some certs though!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,119 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Hey Kev, are you back amongst us? I forget...

Yes sir I am. Still enjoying the change of pace. Went from 50 hours* of work and 20 hours* of commuting a week to playing some computer games with the lads and frisbee with the dogs. Probably going to take at least another week off and then try and figure something out work wise. Considering giving college another shot, but it's not a decision I plan on rushing into.

Awec, I see your beer, and raise you steak and ice cream...and before anyone asks, no, I did not consume them simultaneously. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Kev.OC wrote: »
    I see your beer, and raise you steak and ice cream...and before anyone asks, no, I did not consume them simultaneously. :pac:
    I see your steak and ice cream and raise some vodka & red bull and cheese & onion hunky dorys. Ice cream sounds tempting, though I'm dying for a tayto sandwich.

Comic con most of the day (met some boardsies out there too), boozing now. Life of a student, eh? :pac:

How'ye lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Jaam_rek

entropi wrote: »
    Ice cream sounds tempting, though I'm dying for a tayto sandwich

You had to mention a Tayto sandwhich, what I would do for one of them right now and I am thousands of miles from the closest packet of Tayto.....noooooo!

I just had a coca cola muffin. Amazing!!

What areas of IT are they looking for? Development? Systems? Security?

I will PM you a link to the jobs now mate.

Jaam_rek wrote: »
    You had to mention a Tayto sandwhich, what I would do for one of them right now and I am thousands of miles from the closest packet of Tayto.....noooooo!

Don't worry, I'll have one for you.. *opens packet of cheese n onion*.. nyom :P
    I just had a coca cola muffin. Amazing!!

Say what?? A coca cola muffin?? :confused:
    I will PM you a link to the jobs now mate.

Cheers.. just had a gander, if i know anyone interested, I'll send em your way. You can buy me pints.. :D:D:D:D

*Runs in

I heard coca cola muffins

*Runs in

I heard coca cola muffins
    They're amazingly moist, light and chocolatey. Heaven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,320 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well that's Kick Ass rewatched before the sequel next week.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement