Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Lol, I know! She had a fierce sweet tooth altogether. A demon for the treats :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Buddy sent me on the new avatar - absolutely love that pic! :D

How's everybody anyway, any weekend antics?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I had the dullest weekend on the planet but tomorrow is pay day so woohoo!

Get up to any antics yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,322 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I've an exam on Thursday I was meant to study for. Needless to say, the house suddenly became very messy and there were a lot of other things that suddenly couldn't wait until after the exam.

miamee wrote: »

Nice, I'm broke too so just chilled at home doing nothing - pay day Friday though. Might head to Dublin for the weekend & Kerry/Dublin match if I can get tickets, if so impromptu beers!
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    I've an exam on Thursday I was meant to study for. Needless to say, the house suddenly became very messy and there were a lot of other things that suddenly couldn't wait until after the exam.

Still plenty of time CT, get the head down and go for it (that's what she said)

D'Agger wrote: »
    Still plenty of time CT, get the head down and go for it (that's what she said)

On Chapter 4 of the book. So only 15 to go. Should be able to skim through them tonight before doing the sample papers. Such boring stuff to read.

On Chapter 4 of the book. So only 15 to go. Should be able to skim through them tonight before doing the sample papers. Such boring stuff to read.

Do it right this time and you hopefully won't have to read them again (and repeat :P)

How come we always get a sudden interest in housework when there are other things to be done OR as soon as someone says they are on the way over to see you. They will only be there for an hour, you're there all week but you'll still clean every corner for them!

Not forgetting it could take all day to clean the house normally but if someone's coming over. 30 mins has the house in a nice presentable shape.

Maybe I should invite people over.

Anyone wanna come to a house cleaning party?

I did my weekly room clean the other day - and now to mount clothes in heaps for the week

It's a vicious circle!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Galaxie

miamee wrote: »

Same here, was a fully paid up member of Club Boring all weekend!

Few all nighters, be grand!
    I did my weekly room clean the other day - and now to mount clothes in heaps for the week

It's a vicious circle!

This is you, isn't it?

Galaxie wrote: »
    Few all nighters, be grand!

This is you, isn't it?

No all nighters, due to the whole work thing.

And that's not so much D'Agger as it is every woman ever. Not that i'm generalisng. :)

This is you, isn't it?

You must be new around here - I'm a simple Kerryman

*My wardrobe may or may not be very organized
    And that's not so much D'Agger as it is every woman ever. Not that i'm generalisng. :)

It is every woman ever, and thankfully I'm a man...just felt like that needed to be said :pac:

It is every woman ever, and thankfully I'm a man...just felt like that needed to be said :pac:

Everyone sing along:

"Well, I'm not the world's most masculine man
    But I know what I am and I'm glad I'm a man"

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Buddy sent me on the new avatar - absolutely love that pic! :D

How's everybody anyway, any weekend antics?

Weekend antics? Well, I lost a whopping 50c in poker last night. Does that count? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Everyone sing along:

"Well, I'm not the world's most masculine man
    But I know what I am and I'm glad I'm a man"

I named my dog after that song because everyone kept calling her 'he.' :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Ahh D'Agger.. you're not that simple..

You can be intelligent.......... sometimes.. :P:pac:

3 Days left.. then I'm off to Italy for 10 days. thank fuq!! :p

No all nighters, due to the whole work thing.

Boo, you whore.

I have watched Mean Girls a shameful amount of times. You all may run me out of the thread in 3...2...1...

*My wardrobe may or may not be very organized

Oh ok, speaking as a Dub we can't be internet friends until after Sunday so!

Kev.OC wrote: »
    Weekend antics? Well, I lost a whopping 50c in poker last night. Does that count? :pac:

Heeey, big spender!
    ToxicPaddy wrote: »

I'm rather jealous. Can you sneak me along in your suitcase?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,532 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

A Kerryman, Nordy and Paddyman mod walk into a bar...:pac:

A Kerryman, Nordy and Paddyman mod walk into a bar...:pac:

Jaysus, you'd think at least one of 'em would've seen it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,532 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

You never know with the mods around here. They are a bit weir...a bunch of lads.

Except for sam, she's the normal one. :pac:

• Administrators Posts: 54,123 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

*takes notes*

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

You never know with the mods around here. They are a bit weir...a bunch of lads.

Except for sam, she's the normal one. :pac:

Charming.. :cool:

Yes, hard luck fella! :pac:
    ToxicPaddy wrote: »

You won't find me arguing with your diagnosis there TP!
    I have watched Mean Girls a shameful amount of times. You all may run me out of the thread in 3...2...1...

Do the numbers above totalled, equal the number of times you've seen the movie? If so....that's too much

Think I've seen 50/50 roughly 6 times at this stage, love that movie

Oh ok, speaking as a Dub we can't be internet friends until after Sunday so!

Jumping the gun on the whole friendship concept there I'd say....buddy acquaintance :pac:

Thug: What are you?
    D'Agger: I'm Batman

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭LurkingLurker

Thug: Give me your money punk!
    Me: Oh hey, it's that man!! *points at man in distance*
    Thug: What!? *turns and looks at man*
    Me: hehehe *runs away*

Jumping the gun on the whole friendship concept there I'd say....buddy acquaintance :pac:

Ok...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Having the laziest Sunday ever here

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭LurkingLurker

wonderful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Came back up to Dundalk today to do a bit of study.
    Decided I needed a proper study area in my room as sprawling across the bed just isn't the way to do it.
    150euro later I've a desk, a nice comfy chair, and a book shelf.
    I spent most of the day "building" above from flatpack.
    Nothing more satisfying than sitting down on the chair that you "built", and going on the internet on the laptop that sits on the study desk that you also "built"!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Panthro wrote: »
    Decided I needed a proper study area in my room as sprawling across the bed just isn't the way to do it.
    Nothing more satisfying than sitting down on the chair that you "built", and going on the internet on the laptop that sits on the study desk that you also "built"!:D
    I know what you mean. Between my father and me we've built up lots of furniture over the years. Love it. I must be the only person that enjoys going to IKEA :D

Went to play paintball yesterday. It was deadly. I've been meaning to go for ages and finally got to do it. But I'm so fúcking sore today. Jesus christ my legs. Walking down the stairs is a struggle.

Must go again :D

The gaff that I built, by W.B. Panthro. :pac:

Barna77 wrote: »
    I know what you mean. Between my father and me we've built up lots of furniture over the years. Love it. I must be the only person that enjoys going to IKEA :D

Went to play paintball yesterday. It was deadly. I've been meaning to go for ages and finally got to do it. But I'm so fúcking sore today. Jesus christ my legs. Walking down the stairs is a struggle.

Must go again :D

Paintball is awesome! But it always leave you in absolute bits the next day. The last time I played, myself and the lads really got into it and we were bouncing off cover, and hitting the deck seriously hard. Legs, shoulders, back, everything was shagged for about two days afterwards.

At least you can tackle stairs though. One of the lads nearly tore the door off my car on the way home cause his legs just gave out from under him when he tried to stand up.

Paint balling is deadly craic.
    Now there's a thought, wonder could we organise a FIRST EVER WORLD EXCLUSIVE paint balling Boards meet up?!
    Mods versus the rest, who's with me?!

Hello, I just met you and you're my best friend :pac:

I know that feel brah

Not the best photo but basically have the same setup, desk has a pullout part that allows more space to work on to one side for additional nerdyness :pac:

Now there's a thought, wonder could we organise a FIRST EVER WORLD EXCLUSIVE paint balling Boards meet up?!
    Ohhhh yes!

(Desk nerd talk) That desk looks savage D'agg!
    (Mods nerd talk) Seriously, the 4 of us take on the regulars at paint balling. It would be like "300" but a lot less of us...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Give me a life time to recover before this :D

• Advertisement

Yeah, you're my favourite mod now. :pac:

Yeah, you're my favourite mod now. :pac:
    you want to blast me with paint don't you?!:pac:
    That's gross brah!

(Desk nerd talk) That desk looks savage D'agg!
    (Mods nerd talk) Seriously, the 4 of us take on the regulars at paint balling. It would be like "300" but a lot less of us...

Got her for €80 a couple of weeks ago in ikea - love it, so much space with it!

I still like that idea if we have decent cover....I'll need some sort of sniper rifle

Got her for €80 a couple of weeks ago in ikea - love it, so much space with it!

I still like that idea if we have decent cover....I'll need some sort of sniper rifle

Awec?! He's a crafty huer!

Awec?! He's a crafty huer!
    Yeah, give it to Awec

I'll use my slight of foot and speed to go black ops - get in and amongst them, wreak havoc

TP can rig up the paint bombs and you can take the turret gun Panthro

This will probably happen me :pac:

Yeah, give it to Awec

I'll use my slight of foot and speed to go black ops - get in and amongst them, wreak havoc

TP can rig up the paint bombs and you can take the turret gun Panthro

This will probably happen me :pac:

Hmmm... four guys taking on the world..
    If only we had a theme tune...(click here)

Introducing..
    D'Agger as John "Hannibal" Smith..;)
    Awec as Templeton "Faceman" Peck..:D
    Panthro as H. M. Murdock...:pac:
    Toxic Paddy as B. A. Baracus...:mad:

• Advertisement

I'm guessing you see yourselves as gladiators against us as the slaves?

To which I have to say "I'm Spartacus!"

More like protectors of the free world :pac:

So, by the logic above, D'Agger is the man with the plan and cigars, awec's the good looking one with the flash car, Panthro's a bit mental and Paddy doesn't like to fly...

Sounds like normal mods to me.

So, by the logic above, D'Agger is the man with the plan and cigars, awec's the good looking one with the flash car, Panthro's a bit mental and Paddy doesn't like to fly...

Sounds like normal mods to me.

Close!
    D'Agg is the one who brings the Coke n Hookers, Awec is the one who uses his Nordy charm on said Hookers, I'm clearly the sexy wildcard guy who's in it for the shyts n giggles, and Toxic is...fond of jewelry?!!:pac:

Well that explains Toxic's mohawk

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement