Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Had a quiet weekend myself.

Study Saturday then dinner and a movie.

Went to see Elysium, wasn't too bad.

3 day week for me this week, have Thursday and Friday off for study leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

We didn't end up going out after. I was locked out of home and couldn't change my clothes, so ended up just getting a Chinese and drinking in his. Chinese was yummy! Was seein stars all day yesterday tho :( he convinced me to go see insideous last night. I hated it! :( don't know why I let myself get talked into those kind of movies, I never enjoy them.

Chinese is always a good call, really wanted a lennoxs last night but couldn't bring myself to drive to it so got McDonalds instead
    Had a quiet weekend myself.

Study Saturday then dinner and a movie.

Went to see Elysium, wasn't too bad.

3 day week for me this week, have Thursday and Friday off for study leave.

Nice on the 3 day week....ish....depends whether you study or not :pac:

Been hearing mixed things about Elysium, must check it out for myself.

Watched This is the End on Saturday, so weird but so funny at the same time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Is that the one with Jonah hill being the overly nice guy? I hated that movie for some reason!! Have any of ye seen the heat?! It's definitely the funniest movie I've watched in a long time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

D'Agger wrote: »
    So shook from the weekend - seriously considered giving up the internet for a while there

Jaysus

My laptop is fooked, meaning no internet....
    No internet.... How.. Why.... Sigh....
    Downloaded Star Trek and can't watch it now....

Had a birthday yesterday. Drinks, drinks and more drinks.... I'm wrecked....

Monday run fast please.

Is that the one with Jonah hill being the overly nice guy? I hated that movie for some reason!! Have any of ye seen the heat?! It's definitely the funniest movie I've watched in a long time
    Yeah, really! Thought they all took the píss out of themselves really well - thought James Franco was hilarious in it

Barna77 wrote: »
    My laptop is fooked, meaning no internet....
    No internet.... How.. Why.... Sigh....
    Downloaded Star Trek and can't watch it now....

Had a birthday yesterday. Drinks, drinks and more drinks.... I'm wrecked....

Monday run fast please.
    Happy Belated Birthday Barna :) (alliteration ftw)

When you can see it - enjoy - Not a big Star Trek or Sci Fi fan for that matter but thought it was a good watch

Happy Belated Birthday Barna :) (alliteration ftw)
    I'll pass it on, it wasn't mine :P :D

thanks anyway hahah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭BonsaiKitten

I'll pass it on, it wasn't mine :P :D

thanks anyway hahah

A happy not your birthday then :p

Lads its too cooold!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

A happy not your birthday then :p

Lads its too cooold!

Ehh werent you swimming last week? Now you're complaining its cold??

It's not that cold.. put some clothes on, that should help :P

Lads its too cooold!

I agree with this - it's all Autumnul up in this bítch

• Advertisement

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Ehh werent you swimming last week? Now you're complaining its cold??

It wasn't as cold then :o

Baltic here, and fully dressed, thanks for the concern anyway :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Definitely a bit colder today than it was yesterday. I only stopped wearing shorts 3 days ago, haha!

Not pushed on the GTA V release either. Last console I owned was a PS2 about 4 or 5 years ago.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

It wasn't as cold then :o

Baltic here, and fully dressed, thanks for the concern anyway :pac:

Ahh yes, the winds that sweep across the high plateau of the midlands bring with them the chilled air from the mountains of Laois and Offaly, this would not be a pleasant experience for those who normally reside in the tropical climes of the coastal Dublin region..

*takes off David Attenborough hat*

:pac:

May I suggest more appropriate attire:

Eskimo-couple-757917.jpg

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,322 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You're not her dad!.... are you?

CastorTroy wrote: »

Ehhh :o
    shut UP dad, you're embarrassing me!

CastorTroy wrote: »

Possibly old enough to be.. :o
    Ehhh :o
    shut UP dad, you're embarrassing me!

You're not going out in that now missy.. not while you live in this house!!! :mad::pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,532 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Just a normal day in tGC parish, I see. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

All cosy with a coal fire and fluffy Jammies and soaps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Just after sitting down after a long day.

Hit the gym after work for an hour and 15 minutes, came home, made dinner then prepped dinner for tomorrow night.

Episode or 2 of Breaking Bad and it's into the nest for me!

In other news I'm off the smokes 3 and a half weeks and feelin rather chuffed with myself.

Only had one slip up and that was Saturday night week ago when I was steamin willie beamin and lost control of me faculties!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭LurkingLurker

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

:confused:

Liverpool?

Liverpool?

Ohhhh right..

Love the IT crowd. Unreal how they are like so many guys in my office..
    which is kinda scary and funny at the same time :cool:

In my defence there was a match on last night

Liverpool put on a ludacrous display

• Advertisement

It was Ludacris.

Ludacris-Georgia.jpg

How Liverpool are that high up the table with such a woeful performance is beyond thinking about. Like trying to watch the Irish team against Sweden.

What was Wenger thinking sending Walcott on that early!?

How's everybody's Tuesday going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Well I am in work, have to go to my folks house to carry two tonnes of wood into their back garden. Can't play GTA V until tomorrow and contrary to initial plans have to spend the weekend in a tent in Donegal getting rained on instead of being a recluse in my sitting room with aforementioned GTA.

And I'm skint..........

Apart from that, it's grand thanks :D

Fcuking MISERABLE here. But I'm eating a peanut butter kitkat (and pretending to listen) to cheer myself up.

• Advertisement

MugMugs wrote: »
    Well I am in work, have to go to my folks house to carry two tonnes of wood into their back garden. Can't play GTA V until tomorrow and contrary to initial plans have to spend the weekend in a tent in Donegal getting rained on instead of being a recluse in my sitting room with aforementioned GTA.

And I'm skint..........

Apart from that, it's grand thanks :D

Feel the work pain!

GTA V being delayed is no harm seeing as you'll be playing it for a couple of months anyway :)

Also, camping is the business just bring plenty of drink and comfy clothes!

Fcuking MISERABLE here. But I'm eating a peanut butter kitkat (and pretending to listen) to cheer myself up.

I've been through my love of Peanut Butter Kit Kats (Can we just call them PNBKKs from now on??) before on this thread but still...kudos on your choice of chocolate bar :)

Yeah, fúck the weather, I've a match this weekend and I've done nothing for 3, closing in on 4, weeks :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

GTA V being delayed is no harm seeing as you'll be playing it for a couple of months anyway :)

Your reasoning as logical as it may be, does not make me feel any better.

Feck it...... Getting pi$$ed in a rainy field is much better than a PS3 game ! :)

I actually can't wait to go camping again - had a serious laugh over the summer, that said we kitted out our tent really well - two double airbed matresses in it were a great shout :)

I've been through my love of Peanut Butter Kit Kats (Can we just call them PNBKKs from now on??) before on this thread but still...kudos on your choice of chocolate bar :)

Yeah, fúck the weather, I've a match this weekend and I've done nothing for 3, closing in on 4, weeks :(

I support this motion...there's far too many vending machines here, I was in the gym today and yesterday but it will undo any good work :( :pac:

K maybe I am dumb, but I thought your gaa stuff was over for the season? Whatcha doin man?

I support this motion...there's far too many vending machines here, I was in the gym today and yesterday but it will undo any good work :( :pac:

K maybe I am dumb, but I thought your gaa stuff was over for the season? Whatcha doin man?
    It's a kit kat Kitten (10 points for alliteration) you'll be grand :)

We're out of the championship but we've two league games left, they're pretty much meaningless but I'm really annoyed our trainers didn't try get us out for a kickabout nevermind a session, anyhoo....should be interesting to see how we get on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Can't believe how suddenly it's changed to dark and cold

We're out of the championship but we've two league games left, they're pretty much meaningless but I'm really annoyed our trainers didn't try get us out for a kickabout nevermind a session, anyhoo....should be interesting to see how we get on!

Vending machines, vending machines everywhere. :D

You'll be grand, that does sound a bit sh1t though...have fun doing whatever it is you do in bogball.

Zombienosh wrote: »

Yeah, its really not fun, just come outta nowhere this week!
    At least all the wasps are gone, horrible little buggers drove me mad last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

On the plus side I do love October and halloween and brown leaves and cosy coats.

• Advertisement

On the plus side I do love October and halloween and brown leaves and cosy coats.

You forgot the rain bit.. lots n lots of rain.. :(

One of the few things I love about winter, real fires.. big open fires in a nice cosy pub and a pint. Not better than that :)

Amen to that Bruder!
    Vending machines, vending machines everywhere. :D

You'll be grand, that does sound a bit sh1t though...have fun doing whatever it is you do in bogball.

Pfft....your love of said 'bogball' is close to simmering over there BK - keep a lid on it :pac:

There's not much I enjoy about Christmas if I'm honest, food mainly, after that, meh!

There's not much I enjoy about Christmas if I'm honest, food mainly, after that, meh!

Ohh I love Xmas.. absolutely love it.. HUGE fan of Xmas. Like a big kid around that time of year. Love the lights, the atmosphere, the general feeling around the city.. (and the 12 pubs of Xmas of course :D )

Ohhhh right..

Love the IT crowd. Unreal how they are like so many guys in my office..
    which is kinda scary and funny at the same time :cool:

Apparently there is going to be a special episode on the 27th of this month.

End of season league games are fun. Everyone is so tired but wants to finish up with a win or two and go out on a high (usually a session in the clubhouse haha) :D Well that was how the hurlers done it, not sure about footballers.
    Hallowe'en is the best time of year, so much fun!

Ohh I love Xmas.. absolutely love it.. HUGE fan of Xmas. Like a big kid around that time of year. Love the lights, the atmosphere, the general feeling around the city.. (and the 12 pubs of Xmas of course :D )
    And why the hell I've never done that yet is beyond me... :mad:

And why the hell I've never done that yet is beyond me... :mad:

I organise one in work every year.. last year we have over 100 people do at least part of it. Was class. Ugly Xmas jumpers and everything :D

entropi wrote: »
    End of season league games are fun. Everyone is so tired but wants to finish up with a win or two and go out on a high (usually a session in the clubhouse haha) :D Well that was how the hurlers done it, not sure about footballers.

We're playing a team in a county semi final next Friday, this Saturday.....so....that's going to suck big time.

I'm really annoyed that we didn't have a kickaround or something at least in the build up - we've done nothing for 4 weeks like, that's ridiculous

We're playing a team in a county semi final next Friday, this Saturday.....so....that's going to suck big time.

I'm really annoyed that we didn't have a kickaround or something at least in the build up - we've done nothing for 4 weeks like, that's ridiculous
    That's a joke! I know it will be end of season and all, but they (management) really should have pulled the finger out and kept on going until the end. Its not as if they might be important games or anything!

Jaysus we'd be called for training twice a week right until the last game was played.

• Advertisement

I organise one in work every year.. last year we have over 100 people do at least part of it. Was class. Ugly Xmas jumpers and everything :D

Now that's a sight to be seen. Proper flash mob :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement