Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

PaulieC wrote: »
    My new job will involve travelling to Dublin so I'm hoping to make a beers sometime soon....I always say this, I have the best intentions tbf!

Also Pem tbf - it's a vicious circle, would never drive in a cycle lane but you'll find ignorance everywhere - was driving home recently and was stuck behind two cyclists, side by side who refused to go into single file and were taking up the road.....

You'll come across fools in every walk of life is my point :)

Oh you have to come to beers :):)

Ah I am in grumpy humour today :rolleyes: Suppose I am just sick of all the ignorance :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Feeling rough as f*ck today, the beers over here are a killer. Managed to get trapped in a tiny elevator for 30 minutes with the gang as well. Bit freaky but funny at the same time! Thankfully no one was claustrophobic :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Pembily wrote: »
    Oh you have to come to beers :):)

Ah I am in grumpy humour today :rolleyes: Suppose I am just sick of all the ignorance :mad:

Me too....I get road rage! :(
    Feeling rough as f*ck today, the beers over here are a killer. Managed to get trapped in a tiny elevator for 30 minutes with the gang as well. Bit freaky but funny at the same time! Thankfully no one was claustrophobic :D

Are you in Belgium HB? Apologies but I've forgotton the location! Hear the beer is unreal over there, must get over to visit my mate soon enough!

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Just had half a rotisserie chicken and provencal potatoes. Absolutely amazing. I just want to lay down and nap now. Stupid stuffy office.

Maguined wrote: »
    Just had half a rotisserie chicken and provencal potatoes. Absolutely amazing. I just want to lay down and nap now. Stupid stuffy office.

I hear you! I ate too much for lunch and want a nap :(

I could do with a nap....might actually have one when I get home for a half hour!

Looking to join a gym seeing as I won't have the work one to use as of Friday - Mardyke - almost €600 but it's a beast of a gym....can't wait to tear into training this winter!!

I could do with a nap....might actually have one when I get home for a half hour!

Looking to join a gym seeing as I won't have the work one to use as of Friday - Mardyke - almost €600 but it's a beast of a gym....can't wait to tear into training this winter!!

The Mardkye is amazing, amazing! The pool is great too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Maguined wrote: »

My god that sounds so yummy!
    Also I think an office that is never stuffy is a very rare thing to find!

I finished work early and am heading to the Black Keys tonight! Woo woo woo!

• Advertisement

The Mardkye is amazing, amazing! The pool is great too :)
    Loved it when I was in college, great facilities - have you seen it recently??

They've pumped like 10million into it, it's insane! Indoor running track, new changing rooms with a chillout area, new aerobics rooms etc.

Expensive membership but if I can motivate myself to get up on time in the mornings I'll make great use of it - on weekends too, plus can do yoga classes there aswell for cheaper as a member

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

swapple wrote: »
    My god that sounds so yummy!
    Also I think an office that is never stuffy is a very rare thing to find!

I finished work early and am heading to the Black Keys tonight! Woo woo woo!

scaled.php?server=72&filename=wwwyki.jpg&res=landing

^^^

funny-pictures-lolcats-dafuq1.jpg

:pac:

Loved it when I was in college, great facilities - have you seen it recently??

They've pumped like 10million into it, it's insane! Indoor running track, new changing rooms with a chillout area, new aerobics rooms etc.

Expensive membership but if I can motivate myself to get up on time in the mornings I'll make great use of it - on weekends too, plus can do yoga classes there aswell for cheaper as a member

Was there about 3 years ago, had to stop using friends IDs when they brought in finger print recognition for all members :mad: Sure they redid it in '09 when it flooded! Forgot that!

Oh cheaper yoga is defo a bonus.

My amazing housemate made dinner :D Now she is gone again and I have no idea where :confused::(

Was there about 3 years ago, had to stop using friends IDs when they brought in finger print recognition for all members :mad: Sure they redid it in '09 when it flooded! Forgot that!

Oh cheaper yoga is defo a bonus.

My amazing housemate made dinner :D Now she is gone again and I have no idea where :confused::(
    They didn't really re-do it as such after the floods - they had to re-do the pool, sauna and steam due to damage but since they've done a huge amount of refurbishments.

It'll be busy with students but I'm hoping to get into a program of going in the mornings before work or else at night around half 8 or so.

Either way I need to pretty much rebuild myself with a proper regime with the amount of injuries I've had - I know alot is down to bad luck, but seriously I'm 24 and I haven't played football consistently without injury as well as I know I can since I was 18 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Evening all.

How's everyone keeping?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Evening all. Surely the two glasses of wine I have just drank will make grading these papers much easier? Oh and anyone want to write an MC speech for me? I'm introducing people who haven't even decided themselves who is giving the speeches! Fantastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Begin with a self depreciating joke daisies, get the audience on your side!

Either way I need to pretty much rebuild myself with a proper regime with the amount of injuries I've had - I know alot is down to bad luck, but seriously I'm 24 and I haven't played football consistently without injury as well as I know I can since I was 18 :(
    I hope you have a good year next year. I have never played any sports :o but I have had enough injuries to know how annoying it is!
    Kev.OC wrote: »
    Evening all.

How's everyone keeping?
    Morning now :P

I am good, not even people driving in the cycle lane can annoy me today, it's Thursday and payday tomorrow :D
    Daisies wrote: »
    Evening all. Surely the two glasses of wine I have just drank will make grading these papers much easier? Oh and anyone want to write an MC speech for me? I'm introducing people who haven't even decided themselves who is giving the speeches! Fantastic
    Wine makes everything easier and better :D:D

How is the MC speech going?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Morning all..

Hows everyone?

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Morning all..

Hows everyone?

Do you read the thread :P

I am good, not even people driving in the cycle lane can annoy me today, it's Thursday and payday tomorrow :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Do you read the thread :P

Selective reading at this hour, I ignore the boring stuff.. :pac: :D

Selective reading at this hour, I ignore the boring stuff.. :pac: :D
    Harsh!!! My posts are anything but boring...

I hope you have a good year next year. I have never played any sports :o but I have had enough injuries to know how annoying it is!

Cheers Pemboooo :) (pronounced Pem - Bow, as in bow and arrow)

Just had physio this morning and I've just strained my hamstring so I've work to do but I'll be back next Wednesday for full training hopefully.

Had to have my back cracked and loosened out and was put in a bit of pain - apparently that was the easy session though - not looking forward to Monday!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Wine makes everything easier and better :D:D

How is the MC speech going?

The MC speech was put on hold while I wrote the speech for the Dean of the University. Now I'm writing my MC speech. The wine prompted my examination corrections and I finally finished those.

How's everyone this fine day? (Well it's fine here, lovely and warm :P)

How's everyone this fine day? (Well it's fine here, lovely and warm :P)

Good, finished up work tomorrow so looking forward to a week off to rest up hopefully!

Enjoy the weather *shakes fist

awec wrote: »
    I'm good today! :)

Decent weather today and looking forward to the weekend!

How are you today Daisies, other than full of wine? :P

No longer full of wine (for now, I can't promise I won't be in approx 5 hours time)

What's the booze and food like over there?

Have you not read my blog?:p

• Advertisement

Have you not read my blog?:p

I've been on holiday! :P

No excuse :P

She misses cheese, but I have taken up her damned addiction :mad: :pac:

I.LOVE.CHEESE.

Morning all!

How are we?

Morning all!

How are we?
    Grand out man - how was the gig?

Grand out man - how was the gig?

Class! Tad short but for what they played they were f*cking amazing!!

I.LOVE.CHEESE.

I never ate it before really, then Daisies moved back to Ireland and got me hooked. Had some cheese on toast at midnight last night. Fecking appetite :rolleyes:

I love goats, brie and cheddar!

Class! Tad short but for what they played they were f*cking amazing!!
    glad to hear - my next gig is Bon Iver in November in the O2, it'll be a chilled gig I'd imagine but should be good craic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I never ate it before really, then Daisies moved back to Ireland and got me hooked. Had some cheese on toast at midnight last night. Fecking appetite :rolleyes:

Cheese is amazing!! However im Lactose Intolerant so i cant eat much of it :(

• Advertisement

Deep Fried Brie is one of those luxuries in life that I thoroughly enjoy :)

That is pretty amazing alright. Feck I am hungry again :rolleyes::eek:

Harsh!!! My posts are anything but boring...

I'm messing with ya missus.. :P

You need a little raspberry coulis on the side and its pretty much perfection

Nyom nyom :D

I'm messing with ya missus.. :P
    Of course, I am totes amazballz dahlin :P

Tuc crackers, brie and a sugared cranberry - drooltastic!

I never use the raspberry myself - all I need is that golden, golden brie :)

• Advertisement

I never use the raspberry myself - all I need is that golden, golden brie :)

It all depends on my mood! Plain can be just as good :)

How is it I can remember all the words to this song (haven't heard it for a while) yet forget what I have to do at work :rolleyes:

Of course, I am totes amazballz dahlin :P

Tuc crackers, brie and a sugared cranberry - drooltastic!

Cranberry works too.. nyom nyom :P

Cranberry works too.. nyom nyom :P

Cranberries are amazing. I love vodka and cranberry!

My fecking neck and shoulders hurt today :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Best snack ever is chicken Supernoodles on toast with grilled cheese! *drools*

I love brie, cheddar, parmesan, goats..

I love brie, cheddar, parmesan, goats..

Worst.Superhero names.Ever!!

Like the sh!t version of the power Rangers!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement