Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

You have an eerie knowledge of this 'change' you speak of TP

You a veteran?? :pac:

*Edit - FWIW I'd like to know how I'm 'grouchy' when I'm using emotis like :D <- this guy, and 'seeing through it' is not an excuse I'm accepting ye whuuuuures :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

As I always say, "A smile can mask a thousand tears" D'Agg...(Panthro, 2013)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭BonsaiKitten

And as I like to say, "You are all awful eejits." (BonsaiKitten, 2013)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Caonima

Dang, has Californication even got a mention yet?

"Ummm....fock you buddy!"...:pac: (Pantho, 2013)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

D'Agger wrote: »
    You have an eerie knowledge of this 'change' you speak of TP

You a veteran?? :pac:

*Edit - FWIW I'd like to know how I'm 'grouchy' when I'm using emotis like :D <- this guy, and 'seeing through it' is not an excuse I'm accepting ye whuuuuures :pac:

Surrounded by old fogies in work.. its not difficult to spot the symptoms :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

And as I like to say, "You are a cheeky pup" (Toxicpaddy, 2013)

Caonima wrote: »
    Dang, has Californication even got a mention yet?

Calawhatnow?!
    (I can't talk, I'm not up to date with series these days.)

Panthro wrote: »
    Calawhatnow?!

Californication.. old guy (yer man from X-Files), writer, divorced, train wreck of a life and gets lots of sex.. all good.. :D

Calawhatnow?!

Just watch the pilot. You'll be hooked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Just watch the pilot. You'll be hooked.

Cool. Need some series to fill the void left by Breaking Bad.

Barna77 wrote: »
    Cool. Need some series to fill the void left by Breaking Bad.

It isn't anything like Breaking Bad, but I'm sure you'll like it. It's funny as fuck and off the wall at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Need Harvard style references there, lads. That just won't cut the mustard :P

Starting Breaking Bad this week, Californication was a good one as was 30 Rock!

entropi wrote: »
    Need Harvard style references there, lads. That just won't cut the mustard :P

Starting Breaking Bad this week, Californication was a good one as was 30 Rock!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpk_-w4g0O7ASualFPCdpjqXZq-ev76ZCQlHNZre3TEHBRybwI
    Kitten, B (2013). Y'all be trippin'. boards.ie: Shaddup. p286.

I really hate referencing. :( :P

entropi wrote: »
    Need Harvard style references there, lads. That just won't cut the mustard

Californication, 2007. [TV] Directed by Tom Kapinos. USA: Aggressive Mediocrity, Inc.

Thro, P. (2013)Dear God what have I started?.DundalkBoi: TGC.

(Pack a fockin' nerds! :pac: )

Thro, P. (2013)Dear God what have I started?.DundalkBoi: TGC.

(Pack a fockin' nerds! :pac: )

Fock off and mod yer America's Hat forum, ya bollyucks :D

If you've never referenced properly, you've never done a good thesis, spasticface :D

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

I've been out of college for 16 months and I can't remember how to reference... :o

Kev.OC wrote: »
    I've been out of college for 16 months and I can't remember how to reference... :o

Good, blank out all the uselesss shít. Buuut...

http://www.neilstoolbox.com/bibliography-creator/

Just sayin'.
    ;)

Good, blank out all the uselesss shít. Buuut...

http://www.neilstoolbox.com/bibliography-creator/

Just sayin'.
    ;)

Sorry to say, but Neilstoolbox is about as useful as tits on a nun when it comes to doing Harvard-style references. It's all over the place. And yeah, punctuation does count for a lot when referencing. How about just learning to do it? Would that hurt you?

• Advertisement

Sorry to say, but Neilstoolbox is about as useful as tits on a nun when it comes to doing Harvard-style references. It's all over the place. And yeah, punctuation does count for a lot when referencing. How about just learning to do it? Would that hurt you?

Wow, assumptions.
    I'm averaging a 2.1 in my course right now, close to a 1.1. I don't need you to tell me to learn to do anything thanks. Surprisingly I can do it on my own.
    Learn to take a silly joke post for a silly joke post.

Wow, assumptions.
    I can reference.
    And I'm averaging a 1.1 in my course right now. I don't need you to tell me to learn to do anything thanks.

No probs. And you forgot the comma before thanks :rolleyes:

Best of luck to you, son. And this is why a lot of Universities nowadays are beginning to hire people to teach academic English...

* wow, and you even edited your own post*

No probs. And you forgot the comma before thanks :rolleyes:

Best of luck to you, son. And this is why a lot of Universities nowadays are beginning to hire people to teach academic English...

Heh, son? You need to pay attention I think. Don't know many guys who're called BonsaiKitten.
    Get over yourself. It's 20 past 12, I'm tired, I'm not posting using perfect grammar. Terrible, I know right?

...also you forgot the full stop after your first sentence. Two can play this game. ;)

Edit: ooh no, being unsure of something and editing. Awful.

Heh, son? You need to pay attention I think. Don't know many guys who're called BonsaiKitten.
    Get over yourself. It's 20 past 12, I'm tired, I'm not posting using perfect grammar. Terrible, I know right?)

Grand, and where I am it's 7.25am, I've been up all night (watching football, drinking wine), and I aspire to write as best I can on a ****ty Chinese keyboard on my computer.

Never even looked at your username, TBH... Your arrogance was enough for me.

I seriously don't know what's wrong with you, going for a 1.1 in your course but yet mocking something like referencing... I just hope you're not studying science or humanities etc., where referencing is the reflection of research. Maybe a business student...

Edit: ooh no, being unsure of something and editing. Awful.

Yeah, funny being unsure of a 1.1 and a 2.1... bit of a difference there

Grand, and where I am it's 7.25am, I've been up all night (watching football, drinking wine), and I aspire to write as best I can on a ****ty Chinese keyboard on my computer.

Never even looked at your username, TBH... Your arrogance was enough for me.

I seriously don't know what's wrong with you, going for a 1.1 in your course but yet mocking something like referencing... I just hope you're not studying science or humanities etc., where referencing is the reflection of research. Maybe a business student...

Excellent. So we are both tired and making typos. Kudos to us.

Likewise.

What's wrong with me? I wasn't the one who started all this. I can reference, you can reference, happy days, who cares.
    Yeah, funny being unsure of a 1.1 and a 2.1... bit of a difference there

If I was grading at lower marks? Yes. As it stands? No.

So you won't be doing a thesis then?

And as a person who can (and possibly does) reference, why would you recommend some low-rent website like Neilstoolbox...? Why not just suggest a way for a poster to reference better? Some mnemonic like N-Y-T-P-P (name, year, title, place, publisher)? It's a little cliched - the supposed intellect offering lowest common denominator advice to the masses...

So you won't be doing a thesis then?

And as a person who can (and possibly does) reference, why would you recommend some low-rent website like Neilstoolbox...? Why not just suggest a way for a poster to reference better? Some mnemonic like N-Y-T-P-P (name, year, title, place, publisher)? It's a little cliched - the supposed intellect offering lowest common denominator advice to the masses...

I don't think my college choices are any of your business, do you?

The regular posters here know me, they know when I am messing around. If they seriously wanted help referencing, then I would help.

'The supposed intellect'? :pac: That kind of baiting doesn't even dignify a response. I don't need your validation, thank you.

I am going to bed (as FASCINATING as this little discussion has been), you have fun.

I don't think my college choices are any of your business, do you?...

I don't need your validation, thank you....

A sensitive soul. Sleep well, then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Mod
    Whoa whoa whoa, take it easy there guys. Let this be the end of that 'conversation' please.

Caonima, please don't point out grammatical errors like that, it comes across badly and isn't tolerated here.

Sauve wrote: »
    Mod

Whoa whoa whoa, take it easy there guys. Let this be the end of that 'conversation' please.

Caonima, please don't point out grammatical errors like that, it comes across badly and isn't tolerated here.

Give us a break, Suave :) The topic changed to referencing, where grammar errors are hammered, and I jumped on it.

And I'm not so sure the other poster is a guy - they said something like "Don't know many guys who're called BonsaiKitten". Perhaps an aggrieved quantity from the Ladies Lounge?

Anyway, I've been up 24 hours so should probably get some sleep. How about chartering out blatant displays of arrogance ("I'm due to get a 1.1")?

...so...how about those Denver Broncos?

Morning everybo.....

Wait, whaaaaaat? :pac:

Good morning tGC!

Have you seen this thread? I'm dying laughing at him!

tGC escalated... you know...

• Advertisement

Shame really, I'm generally lovely to anyone who isn't Doming with me. Ah well.

Shame really, I'm generally lovely to anyone who isn't Doming with me. Ah well.
    You're very nice BK but dem grammars of yours....:pac:

You're very nice BK but dem grammars of yours....:pac:

Yeah? Come say that to my face in the Dome and see what reaction you get. Just sayin'. :pac:
    Apparently he's a lecturer, I figure that's why it annoyed him so much. Or something.

Aaaanyway, howya all doing people?

Moooorrrnning..

All good, surprising spritely again this morning.. that's 2 in a row, I'm getting worried now. :P

So hows everyone this fine irish morning?

Yeah? Come say that to my face in the Dome and see what reaction you get. Just sayin'. :pac:
    Apparently he's a lecturer, I figure that's why it annoyed him so much. Or something.

Aaaanyway, howya all doing people?
    If it was in the dome then I wouldn't be to my face kitten....c'mon now, know your internets :pac:

I'm working from home today - played indoor ball yesterday and feeling like shíte today so obviously I'm on the couch watching breaking bad replying to mails :D

Started Season 5 on Monday and I'm up as far as episode 7

How's yourself and everybody else?

• Advertisement

Well now...shyts getting real in here!
    Aww college..today's a day where I'll be putting work in front of 2 lecturers..and they shall slate it.
    Good times.

If it was in the dome then I wouldn't be to my face kitten....c'mon now, know your internets :pac:

I'm working from home today - played indoor ball yesterday and feeling like shíte today so obviously I'm on the couch watching breaking bad replying to mails :D

Started Season 5 on Monday and I'm up as far as episode 7

How's yourself and everybody else?

It, not I. Watch your spelling and grammar. :pac:
    Wouldn't be to your face, but I'd still wipe the floor with ya!
    'Working' from home, love it - you won't get anything done with BB on but nice pretence at it anyway.

Busy enough here (and yet I'm still on boards, don't ask), it's a miracle I'm getting anything done!

Well now...shyts getting real in here!
    Aww college..today's a day where I'll be putting work in front of 2 lecturers..and they shall slate it.
    Good times.

I had a weird feeling all day yesterday that there was something I had due in today...no, my brain is just fucking with me. :pac:
    Be grand Pdawg, go geddem!

I don't know why, but I decided to watch one of the new Two And A Half Men over breakfast. Oh God, it's so bad!

I don't know why, but I decided to watch one of the new Two And A Half Men over breakfast. Oh God, it's so bad!

Was it ever any good?
    :/

What a shíte of a day......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Starokan

Its shocking bad now, charlie sheen was great in the old one but I think they dragged that on to long even when he was in it.

Big money maker for the network though so in all likelihood they will make a lot more

It, not I. Watch your spelling and grammar. :pac:
    Wouldn't be to your face, but I'd still wipe the floor with ya!
    'Working' from home, love it - you won't get anything done with BB on but nice pretence at it anyway.

Busy enough here (and yet I'm still on boards, don't ask), it's a miracle I'm getting anything done!

I've gotten plenty done in fairness, scheduling stuff for tomorrow mainly but keeping on top of things.

There's no real point in me taking the day off because the pile will only get higher for me upon my return :( At least I'm comfortable today!

And I don't think I can watch more BB today - too much adrenaline for me to take in one morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

My first interview went well I think, but alas I have MAN COLD. I can see the light.... I don't have long left.

Zombienosh wrote: »
    My first interview went well I think, but alas I have MAN COLD. I can see the light.... I don't have long left.

Be fearless my brother..
    Be..
    Fearless....:(:(

(10 spuds says he'll pull through)

The only answer:

manflu.com*

* I seriously hope that website is a p*sstake :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement