Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,322 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wearing glasses without lenses? Is this a thing people do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Hate to sound like a grammer Nazi but when you get an email with:
    Theirs an iphone 5c up for grabs!!!
    from someone in college, you can't help but go "Arrrggghhh!!!"
    (rant)
    Morning all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

CastorTroy wrote: »

I wouldn't call them people as such...

Panthro wrote: »
    Hate to sound like a grammer Nazi but when you get an email with:
    Theirs an iphone 5c up for grabs!!!
    from someone in college, you can't help but go "Arrrggghhh!!!"
    (rant)
    Morning all!

Rise above it P, or respond with an article on correct use of Their, There & They're if you think it'll help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I had a mate who while in college, whenever he received an email that annoyed him, he'd respond with random Wikipedia extracts :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I've seen people doing that in hipsterdom and the gaybourhood.

Add the pouting and clothes your granny would wear back in the auld days...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,532 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Evening all.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Evening, good sir.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,532 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

All grand here. You?

Any news, folks? Welcome to winter. :pac:

Enjoying CoD: Ghosts more than GTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭BonsaiKitten

Good morning tGC. (Afternoon? Feck it's the afternoon...oh well).

I was out last night, and now can hardly talk. Some would say this is a good thing :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Good morning tGC. (Afternoon? Feck it's the afternoon...oh well).

I was out last night, and now can hardly talk. Some would say this is a good thing :pac:

Out on a school nite? Shocking.. :P

• Advertisement

Most would say, I'd wager :pac:

Found footage of kitten from last night. :pac:

tumblr_mrd6htbt6x1ql2603o1_500.gif

Morning, up since 5am

Moar coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭BonsaiKitten

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Out on a school nite? Shocking.. :P

Ah but where's the fun in actually going to class :pac:
    D'Agger wrote: »
    Most would say, I'd wager :pac:

You used to be cool. :(
    Found footage of kitten from last night. :pac:

More accurate than you know!
    cat-dance.gif
    Morning, up since 5am

Moar coffee

Good morning! I have been up for about half an hour....yes I realise this doesn't help :pac:

You used to be cool. :(

Well that's just lies!
    Good morning! I have been up for about half an hour....yes I realise this doesn't help :pac:

It's cool brah, gots me some coffees :)

Went to The Lumineers last night, as a friend of mine had tickets, thinking it would be a quiet enough affair.

Ended up in Coppers.

I hate Coppers.

Work has been death so far, but at least the gig was great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Lumineers sounds sort of piratey to me.

Morning, up since 5am

Moar coffee
    I hear you...
    Knex. wrote: »
    Ended up in Coppers.
    Ah the birthplace of true love and romance!

Friend's birthday later tonight, meaning boozefest :D

I'll try not to drunk post....

Barna77 wrote: »

I'll try not to drunk post....
    We've voted*, and we demand drunken posts!

*And by we've voted I mean me!

• Advertisement

Went to The Lumineers last night, as a friend of mine had tickets, thinking it would be a quiet enough affair.

Ended up in Coppers.

I hate Coppers.

Work has been death so far, but at least the gig was great!

H'on Knex kid!

Now to bury the head in work and hopefully get the faaaack out of Kilkenny in the next hour and a half

Went to see Gravity yesterday, good film. Ads before hand...Robert Downey Jr. flogging HTC, hmm.

Long day. Any weekend plans among ye?

I hate German
    Lads don't go commando in this cold weather. My two cents.

So how are we all after the weekend?

I had three massive Sporting letdowns, but two cracking games in Liverpool and Ireland.

Giants lost in the last second of the game too, so running trend in all three games. Heart can't take that every weekend!

Anyone get up to anything?

Quiet weekend after Friday's drinks.... :(

More drinks today, another birthday... People out there, stop having birthdays all at the same time

*or not getting up the duff by Valentine's day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Had a very quiet weekend. Stayed in, watched the Froch fight Saturday night, went yesterday with the bird and got all my Christmas shopping done then went to Eddie Rockets followed by the cinema.

It was the only weekend I don't have a session on until after Christmas so Iade the most of it.

• Advertisement

So how are we all after the weekend?

I had three massive Sporting letdowns, but two cracking games in Liverpool and Ireland.

Giants lost in the last second of the game too, so running trend in all three games. Heart can't take that every weekend!

Anyone get up to anything?

My dad wasn't happy with my cursing for the Ireland match :pac:
    Had a very quiet weekend. Stayed in, watched the Froch fight Saturday night, went yesterday with the bird and got all my Christmas shopping done then went to Eddie Rockets followed by the cinema.

It was the only weekend I don't have a session on until after Christmas so Iade the most of it.

That sounds like a stupendous day old chap, tbh, I'd be asleep in the cinema after a day of shopping and Eddie Rockets!

Went home myself, the mother was on hols for a couple of days, had today off so I went home to chill out with my dad and welcome her home last night.

Got to meet my buddy for coffee and went to the gym, watched a ball of sport with El Papa, got a bottle of 212 NYC from the mother upon her return, got a large shop in, washed & hoovered the car & had a fry before heading back up. So all in all, very relaxing few days

Also read a book in a night called 'All my friends are Superheroes' it's only 90 pages or so and it's a very easy read - would recommend it

"If I could....then I would..."

Yup..someone's getting a guitar lesson downstairs..:(

I'm going for this at the moment

Have been watching some of Case 39 on RTE. Bradley Cooper is a therapist, social worker...um yeah, no.

Has a look through TGC to see what's been happening...
    It's been a good day!!:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Going to surprise the lads by landing down to Cork around 10, and meet up with them for the night. Having to travel back to Dublin tomorrow will be a pain, but hopefully tonight will be worth it.

Hope ye're enjoying yer weekends folks :D

Another drinking session tonight. The last until christmas holidays, I believe... My liver is crying for mercy

Good thing about Sundays... I radio's "Old skool Sundays"
    "This is the rhythm of the nighttt!"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Afternoon all.
    Over the hump of the week now. Can nearly sniff the weekend at this point. Gotta love mid week EPL, an excuse for pints on a Wedneday night.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Afternoon all.
    Over the hump of the week now. Can nearly sniff the weekend at this point. Gotta love mid week EPL, an excuse for pints on a Wedneday night.
    Yeah I think I'm still not right after last weekend, my boss is out though so I'm having to deal with a bit more shít than I'd like to!

I'm up in Dublin Saturday for pints and shenanigans though so looking forward to that :)

But it's Thursday for me :D

Two weeks to holidays, and trying to stay off drinks...

Did anyone say mulled wine? :D

Barna77 wrote: »
    But it's Thursday for me :D

Two weeks to holidays, and trying to stay off drinks...

Did anyone say mulled wine? :D

I certainly didn't....had to inhale the fumes from that shít for a day hungover working a wedding, that day sucked!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Not a fan of cloves so usually give the mulled wine a miss

Back home last christmas I had a bottle and let's say it made me quite merry. I saw something on telly over the weekend, some recipe for mulled cider. Now that didn't sound right....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Yeah I think I'm still not right after last weekend, my boss is out though so I'm having to deal with a bit more shít than I'd like to!

I'm up in Dublin Saturday for pints and shenanigans though so looking forward to that :)

Ah for **** sake! I'm going to Angola saturday!

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    Ah for **** sake! I'm going to Angola saturday!
    Get the Monday off work? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,322 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Don't like this working late malarky. Cutting into my tv time

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Cock. Got my days/dates mixed up. Just got an email to tell me I missed my NCT this afternoon. :mad:

Kev.OC wrote: »
    Cock. Got my days/dates mixed up. Just got an email to tell me I missed my NCT this afternoon. :mad:

I did the same thing this morning and turned up a week early for a dental appointment. In fairness they saw me anyway so no loss (unlike your NCT:().

Lads, Suarez last night....still can't get over it :D

You and I both, man. Incredible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I'm not a huge Soccer fan but looking at UTD Supporters coming out with crap like "You're benching your team on a racist" on The Bookface this morning.

And therein began my rant about every failure by UTD players.

Went to buy a kindle the other night after work.

Came home with an electric guitar :D

Might as well resign myself to illiteracy now :pac:

Was a sad night last night. To lose at Old Trafford to Everton was heartbreaking.
    I did see Suarez first goal which was amazing. Don't like the man as a person but there is no doubting his talent with a football.

• Advertisement

You and I both, man. Incredible.

There's actually no words for his style, he's not athletic like Ronaldo or a twinkle toes, Messi styled player, he's just magic!
    I'm not a huge Soccer fan but looking at UTD Supporters coming out with crap like "You're benching your team on a racist" on The Bookface this morning.

And therein began my rant about every failure by UTD players.

You see that on both sides in fairness, headwrecking stuff!
    Went to buy a kindle the other night after work.

Came home with an electric guitar :D

Might as well resign myself to illiteracy now :pac:

Nice! I found a lefty spanish guitar that I tried to learn with at 16 or so - going to restring it for the way I play now and see how she sounds, worst case I sell it for cheap and put it towards a really nice guitar I spotted lately.

Also, my buddy is getting an electric guitar fixed and loaning it to me with an amp so I can cut my teeth on that - really can't wait, should hopefully have it for the Christmas break.

Link to your electric by chance?
    Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Was a sad night last night. To lose at Old Trafford to Everton was heartbreaking.
    I did see Suarez first goal which was amazing. Don't like the man as a person but there is no doubting his talent with a football.

In fairness, it looked like a cracker, United were very unlucky not to score at least one, but Everton are a much better team now than they were under Moyes, solid at the back, better MF with McCarthy & Barry, pace & power with Lukaku, Mirallas etc. - things are going well for them right now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement