Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

D'Agger wrote: »
    Also we now have a disco ball in our kitchen...it's a tree decoration but we've made it work as a kitchen ornament to great effect!
    Is this your tree by any chance? :pac:

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2013/12/09/rebel-tree/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Is this your tree by any chance? :pac:

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2013/12/09/rebel-tree/
    I'm a Kerryman PLF - consider yourself lucky not to be infracted for that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

On a different topic; folks, I know a lot of you have beards (excluding BK, I hope) – anyone know a good barber for styling beards and what not? I’m four weeks into growing one and I could do with a barber who knows his/her shizz. My beard is looking pretty promising but it’s got a few unique quirks and I’m not quite sure how to handle it just yet…
    Styling beards? Are metrosexuals back from their designer cave? :pac:
    The othher night I got compliments on my beard for being natural :cool:
    I concur....that's too many in a short space of time!

I'm bate after the weekend, had a great one though, afraid to look at my bank account, did wreck - although I am now the proud owner of my very own blazer :pac:

Also we now have a disco ball in our kitchen...it's a tree decoration but we've made it work as a kitchen ornament to great effect!
    Ditto.... :(

Disco D'Aggs!

Barna77 wrote: »
    While I'm sure it must feel very liberating to look like a hobo, for the sake of my career I will need to keep it tidy :p

The othher night I got compliments on my beard for being natural :cool:

Ditto.... :(

Disco D'Aggs!

Word.

Disco_Stu.png

heheheh, this just came up on my feed. We're not the only ones then.

https://twitter.com/HuffPostComedy/status/410071687585988608/photo/1

Hahaha that's brilliant - I actually want to marry that girl now ironically! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

heheheh, this just came up on my feed. We're not the only ones then.

https://twitter.com/HuffPostComedy/status/410071687585988608/photo/1

The hottest one is still single. Success! We're doing it right!

:pac:

Also, D'Agg, you bloody hipster. "Doing it ironically". :P

Hahaha that's brilliant - I actually want to marry that girl now ironically! :pac:
    haha I had a similar thought :pac:

• Advertisement

I'm a massive comedy fan, would watch stand up routines religiously, in all honesty. Have just arrived home from seeing Bill Burr in Vicar Street, and honestly, it would be the equivalent of watching Liverpool in an FA Cup Final, for me.

Guy is a genius of his trade. Fantastic, and hilarious, show.

Cork man, Chris Kent, opened for him, and I must say, I was very impressed with him. Young guy who looked fairly comfortable up on stage and had some great material to boot.

Still can't get over the fact that Bill Burr came to Dublin. I mean, I bought the tickets ages ago, but I was still half expecting some imposter to enter the stage. Buzzing :D

So friend asks me to go for a pint.

Somehow down the way ended doing a mini pub crawl... How did that happen?

So friend asks me to go for a pint.

Somehow down the way ended doing a mini pub crawl... How did that happen?

Thor-this-drink-I-like-it-ANOTHER.gif

:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Knex. wrote: »
    Cork man, Chris Kent, opened for him, and I must say, I was very impressed with him. Young guy who looked fairly comfortable up on stage and had some great material to boot.

Chris Kent is great. He is 1 of about 6 or 7 comedians currently doing the Irish circuit that I will drop what I am doing to see him perform. He performs in the International and the Bankers regularly. I think he MCs his own place down in the Peoples Republic

Yeah, Chris Kent is class.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Other comedians to look out for
    Joe Colleary
    Fred Cooke
    Derek Ryan
    Tom O'Mahony
    Damo Clarke
    and my personal favourite Kevin Gildea

There are a few more but can't think of their names offf the top of my head.

• Advertisement

Bill Burr is hilarious from what I've seen of him, glad to hear the show went well Knex

We put our tree up last night, it's nice and homely looking now. My buddy gave me back my guitars last night - the old lefty is just poor to be honest but on the plus side it means I'll probably buy the roadster I want to get! The new strings on my Harley Benson are after making a huge difference.

How's everyone today anyway?

Fine here. No hangover.

All this guitar talk makes me want to learn to play it.

Fine here. No hangover.

Take a loan of a guitar where possible and just head over to ultimate-guitar.com - that's what I did, after that if you're enjoying it, buy a cheap guitar. Simples :)

Hopefully going ice skating tomorrow, never been so...yeah, expecting to get injured!

Fine here. No hangover.

DO IT! :D

Its a no pressure past time, and one of the best decisions I ever made. Great way to blow of some steam and just relax. What you do with it, who hears you, how seriously you take it, etc, is all down to you.

I played for about 6 years before I ever took it out of the bedroom :)

Take a loan of a guitar where possible and just head over to ultimate-guitar.com - that's what I did, after that if you're enjoying it, buy a cheap guitar. Simples :)

Hopefully going ice skating tomorrow, never been so...yeah, expecting to get injured!

Is this that lady friend again?

She's having some influence on you already :P

• Advertisement

Is this that lady friend again?

She's having some influence on you already :P
    Pfffft.....NO!

*any excuse to use that Hot Rod clip :pac:

^hahaha

ffs, the housemate has two guitars, and I know a music teacher... I might give it a go.
    I promise I wouldn't play that I'd go wherever you will go song
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Just shaved off my moustache. Been growing it for a few months. Trying to recall if my upper lip always felt this strange.

It's not right I tells ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,323 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I have to get my hair cut but I'm kinda getting used to it and liking it, but less sticky uppy in when short.

Going to the barber later to get my first beard trim. Nervous!

Morning Folks.

Why do I keep thinking today is Friday?

KonFusion wrote: »
    Just shaved off my moustache. Been growing it for a few months. Trying to recall if my upper lip always felt this strange.

It's not right I tells ya!

Bet you feel properly naked without it! It's strange how you get attached to things - I feel properly weird if I've forgotten to put a ring I wear on my middle finger, back on - I've had it since 2008
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    I have to get my hair cut but I'm kinda getting used to it and liking it, but less sticky uppy in when short.

Just get the back and sides tidied up that's what I've been doing lately, the top seems to stay the way I like it and it just looks less rough around the edges.
    Going to the barber later to get my first beard trim. Nervous!

I want to see results up in here!
    Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Morning Folks.

Why do I keep thinking today is Friday?

Because it is, for me! I have to work tomorrow but our staff party is on so we'll be leaving early and pretty much doing fúck all for the day :D

One more day to holidays

One more day to holidays

Three working days for me.

Heading to Australia for two weeks next Wednesday. Would love to stay for more, but unfortunately work is a bit like the mob...Just when you think you're out, they pull you back in. :P

Sister and her fiancee are over there, so my family is heading over for Christmas. I'm the only poor sucker flying home New Years Eve though!

Three working days for me.

Heading to Australia for two weeks next Wednesday. Would love to stay for more, but unfortunately work is a bit like the mob...Just when you think you're out, they pull you back in. :P

Sister and her fiancee are over there, so my family is heading over for Christmas. I'm the only poor sucker flying home New Years Eve though!
    Nice - enjoy that man, sounds like a good laugh, new years is bóllix anyway sure!

My neighbour and childhood friend is back next week and we're doing our yearly pub crawl, can't wait for it :)

• Advertisement

My neighbour and childhood friend is back next week and we're doing our yearly pub crawl, can't wait for it :)
    That sounds like a good laugh

I want to see results up in here!
    Go on then.

Was so tempting to go out tonight, very festive atmosphere about. Decided not to as it's keraayyyyyzzeee busy over the next 3 weeks, starting tomorrow with my Xmas party. It better not disappoint.

Though if it does, there's a Beoir meet up in town tomorrow too anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Go on then.

HT_aaron_paul_face_jef_130925_wmain.jpg

haha, I wish!

Happy Friday Gents!

*Sips coffee, straightens monocle

That beard is looking fine and masculine PLF, well played sir!

Had a couple of Paulaners last night as I met up with the cousin. Head is blown off me today, for some reason. Usually wouldn't get it after a feed of pints, never mind 2 or 3!

Motivation to do work: 0.

% of work needed to be done: 100.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Happy Friday Gents!

*Sips coffee, straightens monocle

That beard is looking fine and masculine PLF, well played sir!

How did you get on in Dublin? I actually didn't end up in Angola!

Had a couple of Paulaners last night as I met up with the cousin. Head is blown off me today, for some reason. Usually wouldn't get it after a feed of pints, never mind 2 or 3!

There's something about Paulaner, I had 4 pints on Monday night was much more under the weather on Tuesday than I should have been. Not the first time either.

Apparently it's only 5.5% alcohol content but I'm skeptical.

• Advertisement

Weird with it being Paulaners - everybody raves about how good the beer is, you'd imagine if it's high quality then it'd have less of the stuff that causes hangovers.....like.....alcohol :pac:

Bad one though!

keane2097 wrote: »
    How did you get on in Dublin? I actually didn't end up in Angola!
    Very well man, had a good laugh, was basically Dundrum, drinking, Everleigh, home, Breakfast, Niamh, road to Cork.

Met Brian in Everleigh - he was his usual, sober self :pac:

What you make of Everleigh, actually?

Went with a big enough crowd, with a good few lads from home involved, and not many were fans. We found it far too small and overcrowded, tbh.

Saw the bouncers do a couple of unsavory things also, although thankfully to nobody I knew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Very well man, had a good laugh, was basically Dundrum, drinking, Everleigh, home, Breakfast, Niamh, road to Cork.

Met Brian in Everleigh - he was his usual, sober self :pac:

Yeah I had completely forgot ye were around in my excitement at being home for the weekend, I actually wasn't out that night at all or I would surely have bumped into ye.

When are you home for xmas? Any plans for NYE?

Went with a big enough crowd, with a good few lads from home involved, and not many were fans. We found it far too small and overcrowded, tbh.

Saw the bouncers do a couple of unsavory things also, although thankfully to nobody I knew.

Everleigh is a spot I've been liking a lot for the last couple of months. As a smoker it's great and the crowd in there is usually good fun. There's always an issue with overcrowding there early in the night alright but I find it usually starts to disperse a bit from around 1.30 onwards. When you have the right crowd density in there in can be great craic! Then again, it's all about who you're with I suppose.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Everleigh is a spot I've been liking a lot for the last couple of months. As a smoker it's great and the crowd in there is usually good fun. There's always an issue with overcrowding there early in the night alright but I find it usually starts to disperse a bit from around 1.30 onwards. When you have the right crowd density in there in can be great craic! Then again, it's all about who you're with I suppose.

Everleigh was a bit disappointing to be honest - there wasn't a great crowd in there, the place seemed pitch fúckin dark inside and then ridiculously bright in the smoking area.

The smoking area was good in fairness & I wasn't waiting too long to get served while there but overall it was a bit meh by my book

Yeah I had completely forgot ye were around in my excitement at being home for the weekend, I actually wasn't out that night at all or I would surely have bumped into ye.

When are you home for xmas? Any plans for NYE?

Hopefully home from the 20th to the 6th, waiting to hear back about holidays.

NYE I'll most likely be in Killarney, one or two from Cork I know are coming down and renting out a gaff with a load of their buddies from Dublin, so they'll most likely stay there for the night drinking, I'll be popping there and then seeing what the story is with town because Killarney can be atrocious on big nights like that.

You around Tralee? Give a pop over at some stage sure!

And I'm on holidays from.....

Now.

Doing feck all until the 3rd

• Advertisement

Jammy Fúcker!

Enjoy them Freedomz Barna

5km run done this morning. Looking out the window at the rain makes me think an afternoon in front of the TV is in order.
    Dinner tonight with some friends. Love this time of year:)

Morning Gents.
    Great day of football yesterday. United back to winning ways and Liverpool fairly impressive v Spurs.
    Too many drinks were had to make it to the gym this morning:(

No lay in. :mad:

Well I didn't make a fool of myself at the staff party, had a hungover movie date Saturday and got Christmas shopping done in town before the Liverpool match - great weekend, finally got a fry up in Tonys Bistro in Cork, I've only been meaning to go there for about 5 years

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement