Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭BonsaiKitten

Barna77 wrote: »
    No lay in. :mad:

Can't say the same, I accidentally slept in :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Can't say the same, I accidentally slept in :o
    Student4Loife :pac:

D'Agger wrote: »
    Student4Loife :pac:

Pretty much! Never said I was actually out of bed yet... House stayed up watching the omen last night which was a terrible idea :pac:

Today, we're all cooking Xmas dinner. This won't end well.

finally got a fry up in Tonys Bistro in Cork, I've only been meaning to go there for about 5 years

How was it? Been about 4 years since I have managed to go in there - despite being in or around the area often enough - but I remember quite liking it the last time.
    Weird with it being Paulaners - everybody raves about how good the beer is, you'd imagine if it's high quality then it'd have less of the stuff that causes hangovers.....like.....alcohol

One of my girlfriends goes to Germany on occasion for work. Not near as much as she used to pre-baby - but sometimes. She brings back some german beers for me and I have found Paulaner and Erdinger to be on the top of my list of beers to avoid.

Unfortunately not many of the best ones make it as far as Ireland. I guess the germans only export the ones they themselves do not like that much. One that I do see on occasion here in Ireland though - especially in Offies - is Franksiskaner which I would recommend much more readily than Paulaner.

Franksiskaner make a stout too - but have yet to get my hands on that. As an occasional Guiness drinker however I am keen to try at least one.

How was it? Been about 4 years since I have managed to go in there - despite being in or around the area often enough - but I remember quite liking it the last time.

One of my girlfriends goes to Germany on occasion for work. Not near as much as she used to pre-baby - but sometimes. She brings back some german beers for me and I have found Paulaner and Erdinger to be on the top of my list of beers to avoid.

Unfortunately not many of the best ones make it as far as Ireland. I guess the germans only export the ones they themselves do not like that much. One that I do see on occasion here in Ireland though - especially in Offies - is Franksiskaner which I would recommend much more readily than Paulaner.

Franksiskaner make a stout too - but have yet to get my hands on that. As an occasional Guiness drinker however I am keen to try at least one.
    Lovely - was nicely done up for Christmas, nice service and very busy, had a lovely breakfast there I must say and will definitely go back, or at least look for rivals :)

I have to say, a beer that I like and find hard to spot in Cork, barring a few bars, is Kronenburg (sp?) - lovely stuff

• Administrators Posts: 54,123 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    Working from home my bed today. :cool:
    Working what? :pac:

• Administrators Posts: 54,123 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    Touché
    I was expecting a 'heavy duty machinery' response :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Hopefully home from the 20th to the 6th, waiting to hear back about holidays.

NYE I'll most likely be in Killarney, one or two from Cork I know are coming down and renting out a gaff with a load of their buddies from Dublin, so they'll most likely stay there for the night drinking, I'll be popping there and then seeing what the story is with town because Killarney can be atrocious on big nights like that.

You around Tralee? Give a pop over at some stage sure!

We're doing 12 pubs on the 20th, there are talks of possibly doing another one on the 21st depending what state the bodies are in but I figure we probably won't. Good chance we'll head home some time the evening of the 21st if there isn't a night out on the cards. There is a 12 pubs in Tralee on the 23rd I think if you fancy it.

Bunch of us going to Dingle for NYE, should be good craic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Just got linked to this. Brilliant! :D

http://comingupmilhouse.com/

keane2097 wrote: »
    We're doing 12 pubs on the 20th, there are talks of possibly doing another one on the 21st depending what state the bodies are in but I figure we probably won't. Good chance we'll head home some time the evening of the 21st if there isn't a night out on the cards. There is a 12 pubs in Tralee on the 23rd I think if you fancy it.

Bunch of us going to Dingle for NYE, should be good craic!

Ah here....who do you think you are, 12 pubs two days running, get outa here!! :pac:

I'll try pop over to Tralee at some stage, will be popping to Rath at some stage for definite, possibly the 21st or 22nd, think I'll be at home the 23rd though, mother will need a hand with loads of shíte no doubt and guaranteed I'll have nothing wrapped or under the tree! Damn my laziness!
    Kev.OC wrote: »
    Just got linked to this. Brilliant! :D

http://comingupmilhouse.com/

Love using that saying and I'm now stealing your link for future use! :)

There's been queues in the SU bar since 10. Jeeesus tonight will be mental!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

There's been queues in the SU bar since 10.

SUSI finally got their act together then?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

There's been queues in the SU bar since 10. Jeeesus tonight will be mental!

Ahh I remember those days :D

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    SUSI finally got their act together then?

Or aldi are selling cheap plonk and people are loading up on that...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,532 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Grand Canyon is a must see from a helicopter, amazing. Hiked down a trail the next day and got caught in a snow storm on the way back up. Physically and mentally tough. Couldn't get to sleep that evening and had to take some paracetamol to take the edge off the hiking pains. :o Worth it, though!

How all?

Grand Canyon is a must see from a helicopter, amazing. Hiked down a trail the next day and got caught in a snow storm on the way back up. Physically and mentally tough. Couldn't get to sleep that evening and had to take some paracetamol to take the edge off the hiking pains. :o Worth it, though!

How all?

I was just thinking I hadn't seen you around the place much! Welcome back, good to hear the trip went well. Recovered yet?

So during last nights mess my house seem to have acquired a fish...I don't really remember how...cute fish though!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Grand Canyon is a must see from a helicopter, amazing.
    Did you get the one that flies low through the canyon and plays this while doing it?

:D

Anyway, good evening for me; 3 more christmas presents sorted (5 down, 7 to go :(), hard gym session for me achey old bones, and a quick trip to the offy to pick up a good old selection of Irish craft beers.

Currently enjoying 8 Degrees' Aztec Stout. It's brewed with chillies, and you'd know.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,532 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Hah, well, there were a few tunes on in the background actually, but it was mostly us yapping and getting used to the headsets. Pilot was sound and chilled out - we were the only aircraft in the air at the time.

You've a lot of presents on the agenda!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Mornin gaize, how goes it?

Second last day in work today, finish tomorrow evening til the 30th, canny flippin wait!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Grand Canyon is a must see from a helicopter, amazing.

Definitely best seen from the air. There is too much to take in from the ground level. Was too bloody hot when I was there to go hiking

How all?

That sounds absolutely nuts!!

Glad you enjoyed it!
    So during last nights mess my house seem to have acquired a fish...I don't really remember how...cute fish though!

Hello? Is this the ISPCA? :pac:

Second last day in work today, finish tomorrow evening til the 30th, canny flippin wait!

Very nice sir, however, I'll see your '30th' and I'll raise you a '6th of January' :D Finishing Friday and managed to swing two weeks. Loads to do before then though!

Really wish I'd taken off the few days before Christmas. Would have so much less nonsense to worry about if I had.

Need the money though, innit.

Hello? Is this the ISPCA? :pac:

what? He's fine, look I took this Tuesday morning...I even took him off the cooker after...also I will probably never use that saucepan again :v

One of the girls is bringing him home this weekend anyway so he'll be ok. And hopefully in a proper bowl :p

• Advertisement

Hello!
    I finish lectures today. Loads of work to do over Xmas but sure it'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

/shakes fist

Goddamn moochin irresponsible students!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Friday for me...in at 9...out for brekkie at 9:30 for a while (xmas tradition in work) then off at 1 for good hopefully.

Finishing Friday (which will be a write off with the Xmas party on Thurs night) and then not back until January 6th:D
    Only need to take 1 days hols too as they owe me a heap on time in lieu for some of the ridiculous hours I did in October.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Finishing Friday (which will be a write off with the Xmas party on Thurs night) and then not back until January 6th:D
    Only need to take 1 days hols too as they owe me a heap on time in lieu for some of the ridiculous hours I did in October.

My xmas party is tomorrow night as well, decided to take Friday off as we're doing our 12 pubs. It's my birthday as well so may knock off from the xmas party early tomorrow night in search of safer spots for utter debauchery :pac:

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    My xmas party is tomorrow night as well, decided to take Friday off as we're doing our 12 pubs. It's my birthday as well so may knock off from the xmas party early tomorrow night in search of safer spots for utter debauchery :pac:
    Safety first Keano :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Made it home. Scariest landing I've ever experienced. Strong winds and the plane was bumping and shaking. And when the emergency exit lights turned on... oh crap... :eek:

Must check my underwear...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,323 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Kept thinking today was Thursday. Kept being disappointed.

Working til Christmas eve. In til the bitter end. Then back on the 6th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Really wish I'd taken off the few days before Christmas. Would have so much less nonsense to worry about if I had.

Shshhshhhhh and stop complaining :)

If you weren't working you'd be nagging :D

Barna77 wrote: »
    Made it home. Scariest landing I've ever experienced. Strong winds and the plane was bumping and shaking. And when the emergency exit lights turned on... oh crap... :eek:

Must check my underwear...

Welcome back chap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

heading to Bristol tomorrow evening to reunite with the lovely Panthro lady.
    So err...fcuk off weather!:pac:

Panthro wrote: »
    So err...fcuk off weather!:pac:
    Oh yeah?? Look who's all grown up now fúcker!! :pac:

Safe travels brah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF COFFEE!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

When the clock sounds for home time I am out of here for 15 days !!!!

FIFTEEN JUICY DAYS !

Bring

It

On ! :)

Panthro wrote: »

Is this her?

Would it be weird to have had a thing for her when I was a child?

• Advertisement

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Shshhshhhhh and stop complaining :)

If you weren't working you'd be nagging :D
    You know me too well!

Ah well - spare a thought for those of us who are barely taking any days off - before, during or after Christmas.

Alas when you work in software - and that software goes into high use business like "retail" - you often find that the best days to take the time to install large upgrades and migrations of that software are the days when everything is closed and everyone is at home warm in bed.

So Christmas morning into late after noon for me is likely to consist of running a large upgrade patch to customer of our retail software. Nice.

Still I will likely have my feet up sometime in mid to late january instead while the rest of the world slogs back to work after a nice holiday. So do not spare too much thought all the same :)

I work in software too!

Just found out I may need to work late on Monday night. Not ideal, not Christmas day bad mind!

Ah well - spare a thought for those of us who are barely taking any days off - before, during or after Christmas.

Alas when you work in software - and that software goes into high use business like "retail" - you often find that the best days to take the time to install large upgrades and migrations of that software are the days when everything is closed and everyone is at home warm in bed.

So Christmas morning into late after noon for me is likely to consist of running a large upgrade patch to customer of our retail software. Nice.

Still I will likely have my feet up sometime in mid to late january instead while the rest of the world slogs back to work after a nice holiday. So do not spare too much thought all the same :)
    Yeah, I'm glad we've no maintenance to be done over Christmas....we absolutely could have scheduled some work but we all decided it could wait for a Saturday in the new year....which is fine by me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Welcome back chap
    Not back yet. Only gone now.

But thanks anyway :)

WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF COFFEE!!!

Are you not like 90% coffee at this stage anyway? :pac:

Are you not like 90% coffee at this stage anyway? :pac:
    I've cut down. Closer to 60% now :pac:

I've cut down. Closer to 60% now :pac:
    I once heard of a man who drank so much coffee that his body eventually went to over 50% coffee, but if he slowed his coffee consumption down to below 50% then he'd explode so he has to drink loads of coffee in order to work

I think he's called "The Man Who Couldn't Slow Down"

I once heard of a man who drank so much coffee that his body eventually went to over 50% coffee, but if he slowed his coffee consumption down to below 50% then he'd explode so he has to drink loads of coffee in order to work

I think he's called "The Man Who Couldn't Slow Down"
    They changed just enough of the story to avoid paying me royalties :(

• Advertisement

Went out for a quiet festive drink after work last night. Ended up leaving Coppers when it closed. I am not well. I also spent all the money.

Work xmas party tonight, 12 pubs tomorrow. Only Shakespeare can inspire me now.
    Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement