Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

PaulieC wrote: »
    You're some man to have plans! Nothing really new by myself, came back from the thumb injury and strained my hamstring 20mins in - back next week hopefully - another setback fitness wise though but how bad!

I seem to always have something on these days be it football/cinema/gigs/trips away. Busy busy. Unlucky about the hamstring lad.
    Also must be happy to see the Toon picking up where they left off....it'll never last - it's all about losing 3-0 the first day then tiki-taka for the rest of the season :pac:

It's like it's never been away tbh. Didn't play the best on Saturday or last night in the Europa League but positive results nonetheless. Players getting back to full fitness is imperative. Slightly worried about tomorrows game v Chelsea. Expecting Hazard to destroy Danny Simpson.

Nice to see Liverpool back to their usual tricks too. 606 Football Phone In from the BBC was hilarious after the day's games last Saturday. Liverpool fans coming on in their droves with their "woe is me" attitude. Made for some excellent WUMMING by Robbie Savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

How're you TG? I've missed you!
    That_Guy wrote: »
    I knew you fancied me pal. ;)
    You know it handsome man :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    ehhhhhhh.. no.. too easy!! :cool:
    Where is Bluey :pac:
    The date went well but it's no bromance :pac:

Ted was very good, really liked it and I thought I wouldn't to be honest.

A bit all over the place with regard to future dates, going to be all over the place with the new job and I'm not sure if I want something right now, which is odd seeing as I've been single for ages!

I'm a weird young man! :(
    Ah I knew it wasn't a bromance :P Give it a go, nothing ventured, nothing gained! It's not weird, it's prob a bit afraid...

I have passed 11k posts :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

awec wrote: »
    Your location seems apt in this case! :P

I have difficulty picking what to eat at a chipper - this is a completely different level!! :(
    It's like it's never been away tbh. Didn't play the best on Saturday or last night in the Europa League but positive results nonetheless. Players getting back to full fitness is imperative. Slightly worried about tomorrows game v Chelsea. Expecting Hazard to destroy Danny Simpson.

Nice to see Liverpool back to their usual tricks too. 606 Football Phone In from the BBC was hilarious after the day's games last Saturday. Liverpool fans coming on in their droves with their "woe is me" attitude. Made for some excellent WUMMING by Robbie Savage.

Hazard is something special alright but you never know, cut off the supply to him and you're laughing, only issue there is Mata is the supplier!

I've always penned myself down as being an objective enough poster and person to chat to about football, I don't particularly hate United or Everton as a Liverpool fan which I know is a bit weird but it makes it really annoying because I have United fans who're absolute assholes to me, yet I can see why when I see how my Liverpool supporting mates act towards them aswell

Basically each side paints all supporters with the same brush and it's a vicious circle....of painting :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

If the oul footy talk is discussed further in here, I'll end up having to deal with reported posts soooo...ahem....
    Raymond's wife in everybody loves Raymond is hot, there, guilty!
    And Frazier is a good show.
    Yeah I'm in front of the tv for the day, whohoo!
    Supposedly meeting up with a few from work tonight, I'll be looking forward to it if it happens.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

My little sister went to get her new uniform for secondary today, feels very weird seeing my own old schools uniform round the house again..
    Where the hell have you been hiding? :pac:

In a land far far away.... :pac:

Thanks Panthro, all I could read was football blah, blah, blah :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Panthro wrote: »
    If the oul footy talk is discussed further in here, I'll end up having to deal with reported posts soooo...ahem....
    Supposedly meeting up with a few from work tonight, I'll be looking forward to it if it happens.
    No problem ye oul moddy bollocks. :pac:

Frazier is crap and all! :D
    Jesus nordy, I genuinely lol'd at being called an "aul moddy bollocks"!!! Haha!!
    I'm after robbing some of my housemates coffee...shyts just real in my house bro!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Pembily wrote: »
    Morning G, how are you?!

I'm alright - Kinda tired but apart rom that in flying form!
    McDonalds breakfasts are stinking. Especially their egg things. Boke.

do you ever speak english?! :confused:

:pac:

• Advertisement

I read it as mouldy bollix :pac:

Sorry guys....I loves football and TGC, it was bound to happen at some stage

g1345807715514194833.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

In a land far far away.... :pac:

Dundrum isn't that far away to be fair. :pac:

Ah I knew it wasn't a bromance :P Give it a go, nothing ventured, nothing gained! It's not weird, it's prob a bit afraid...

I don't think it's fear to be honest, either I'm not willing to move on or I've gotten used to being single and just don't feel all that interested.

Not sure really, we'll see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Now there's something I might do today, go see Grabbers!
    I'm after a MacDonalds breakfast (you people don't judge me ya hear!), have to say I like their coffee!

Do! Won't be out for much longer. Good old laugh now, they all get hammered to poison their blood, bit like aliens only everyones locked!

Heading out for a few pints later and see the tall ships. 5pm can't come any sooner!!

I don't think it's fear to be honest, either I'm not willing to move on or I've gotten used to being single and just don't feel all that interested.

Not sure really, we'll see
    The moving on is the hard part, if you haven't you won't be fully in the new relationship. I don't think you ever get used to being single :pac:

The moving on is the hard part, if you haven't you won't be fully in the new relationship. I don't think you ever get used to being single :pac:
    Yeah well it's been over a year and a half and while I've definitely moved on somewhat - there's been recent contact that's fúcked me a bit so I don't think it's a good idea to progress tbh it's not fair on me or her

I don't think you ever get used to being single :pac:

You do if you've never been in a relationship. :o Hard to miss what you've never had. :(

Yeah well it's been over a year and a half and while I've definitely moved on somewhat - there's been recent contact that's fúcked me a bit so I don't think it's a good idea to progress tbh it's not fair on me or her

Paulie, maybe tell this new girl. Tell her you've had some recent contact with an ex, and that your head is all over the place. Say to her you're not sure if you're ready for a relationship, and you don't think it's fair on either one of ye for you to pretend everything is alright. Either she'll give you some space to sort things out, or she'll try and help you through it.

Just a thought. Very easy to be so open when talking hypothetically with strangers on the internet. Either way I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Might be going for a spin on the motorbike with a friend, although it's starting to look unlikely. He bought a bike about a month ago but we haven't been out yet. Stupid weather! I want to see if my new racing filter made a difference!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Day off today to try and clear the last of my flu or whatever it is.

So up at 12 and sit in front of tv all day. Hard life really.

Want to see Grabbers myself but my local stuck it in the tv sized screen from the day it opened. Nice way to support the local industry considering it was filmed around here. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I have been in that situation, he wasn't over his ex and it's not fair! So you probably are right! The recent contact is a fcuker alright :(
    Kev.OC wrote: »
    You do if you've never been in a relationship. :o Hard to miss what you've never had. :(

Oh :o

Cheers lads appreciate the support :)

Just sent out my email about finishing up today in the job and getting really nice emails back in from the people I work with, sad to be leaving them but looking forward to my week off now!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I never ate it before really, then Daisies moved back to Ireland and got me hooked. Had some cheese on toast at midnight last night. Fecking appetite :rolleyes:

I love goats, brie and cheddar!

Mmmmmm cheese. Are you not glad I introduced you to it? Nom nom nom. I'd love some brie or goats cheese or anything that doesn't taste like coloured plastic :(
    I have only had Mc D's breakfast once or twice, the first time was the morning after Daisies first leaving do!
    Let's be fair that following morning was just a write off altogether. There is a reason I didn't have a going away this time!

Evening all. Graduation was emotion charged. I swear there were tears in my eyes, graduating here is such a big deal to people. Makes me really realise what we take for granted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Dundrum isn't that far away to be fair. :pac:

It is from the shticks. :P

But no, I wasn't there either!

Daisies wrote: »
    Mmmmmm cheese. Are you not glad I introduced you to it? Nom nom nom. I'd love some brie or goats cheese or anything that doesn't taste like coloured plastic :(
    I mostly am, my bones are probably happy as well :p

Is it worse than calvita slices?
    Let's be fair that following morning was just a write off altogether. There is a reason I didn't have a going away this time!
    It was a savage party though :)
    Evening all. Graduation was emotion charged. I swear there were tears in my eyes, graduating here is such a big deal to people. Makes me really realise what we take for granted.
    I'm glad it went well. How was the speech?

Morning all :)

I finally have Wifi in my apartment :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Some pics from Ash at the Tall Ships Festival. Great to see them and it was free too :)

dsc00460xe.jpg

dsc00463ip.jpg

dsc00485cf.jpg

dsc00510sb.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Afternoon all. Nothing like a five hour meeting on a Saturday morning to make you want to pull your hair out! And we have another one this afternoon but it will be by the beach with beer!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ah the age old ask for ID to get your name technique. They get your number as well? :P

Also should I take it as a death omen that the handle and part of the bag tore off my "bag for life"? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭xDramaxQueenx

Morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Morning!

Where on the planet are you that it's morning?!

Planet dying. Population me.

Planet dying. Population me.

Ah. I've been there a few times. Not really a fun place to visit, is it? :pac:

• Advertisement

never again haha. how is everyone elses sunday

Completed my second 100km cycle today. Felt great after it but feck I'm wrecked now. Waterford is a scenic county :)

Afternoon all!

Completed my second 100km cycle today. Felt great after it but feck I'm wrecked now. Waterford is a scene county :)

Afternoon all!

Well done well done :D

Ah that was a very, very, very painful cycle.

My arse is absolutely aching. Going up the biggest hill I turned the pedal and it felt like someone stabbed me in the knee, cue me having to go into the granny gear for every minor incline for the last 50km. And to top it off, about 3km from the end my right leg decided it wanted to cramp up. :D

I don't know if I'll actually be able to walk tomorrow...

Ah jaysus, hope you haven't done damage to the knee :(
    Well done on finishing though, great achievement!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Morning all!

It's really not a good thing to be planning how you can leave work early is it?

I mean surely you have to havce some sort of pride in your job no?

Morning all!

It's really not a good thing to be planning how you can leave work early is it?

Ara this whole working malarkey is over-rated Grames. If your social (sleep) life isn't more appealing than being in work, then you're doing something wrong :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

...Waterford is a scenic county :)

Yup, sure is.. tis a lovely place to be :D

Morning all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Depends on the job, ask that guy that works in the Indian zoo that's job is milk elephant sperm so it can be frozen and kept in case they all die out and we need to clone them later on.

Morning all.

Drinking til nearly 6 this morning, not my best idea ever. Granted, I had a late start, due to work, but I only got 3 hours of sleep. My usual would be at least double that. It's going to be a long day.

I was in Waterford once Pem. It is indeed a nice place.

I'm so tired and I've a sick tummy :( Someone come look after me please

I'm so tired and I've a sick tummy :( Someone come look after me please

Be there in a giffy, I will bring tea and cheese on toast :) In the mean time, I am sending virtual hugs!

hugs05.jpg

I had cheese and gravy on a baked potato for lunch. I think I have eaten my body weight in carbs since Thursday :eek:

Be there in a giffy, I will bring tea and cheese on toast :) In the mean time, I am sending virtual hugs!

I had cheese and gravy on a baked potato for lunch. I think I have eaten my body weight in carbs since Thursday :eek:

Cheers, so far today I have had toast and chicken noodle soup :( Everyone is going out for dinner tonight for a birthday but I can't stomach it. Oh woe is me!

Cheers, so far today I have had toast and chicken noodle soup :( Everyone is going out for dinner tonight for a birthday but I can't stomach it. Oh woe is me!

Oh no, you must be sick :(:(

Huge hugs!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement