Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

awec wrote: »
    What's the healthcare like out there Daisies for things like that? :(

I may be over reacting a tad, it's probably just a bug, I'm sure I'm just run down from lack of sleep and a lot of running around sorting out the graduation.

On the plus side, someone commented on my blog saying my description of the graduation brought tears to their eyes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Ahh Daisies you poor thing! Hope you feel better soon :(

Why does it have to rain when I'm going out? :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,521 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Evening all. Dissertation close to completion.

How goes it, tGC folk?

Evening all. Dissertation close to completion.

How goes it, tGC folk?

You're back :)

I'm shattered!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Morning all. Wrecked, I'm planning on 12 hours sleep on Saturday and I swear if the security guards outside my house start shouting to each other at 6am, I will not be held responsible for my actions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Daisies wrote: »
    Morning all. Wrecked, I'm planning on 12 hours sleep on Saturday and I swear if the security guards outside my house start shouting to each other at 6am, I will not be held responsible for my actions!

Hello :)

Think i got 12 hours sleep today, just after a nap on the couch there - it.was.awesome.

Back to cork tomorrow to sort myself out and get physio again, could have championship in two weeks after cork losing so desperate to get back and get my fitness up!

Any craic?

So, I found out 2 weeks ago after I got home from holidays that my mum and dad are splitting up after 24 years of marriage. :(

I've spent since then trying to get my head around it and I think I've finally got there (with the help of some friends :) ).

Mum and sisters are away to Spain, they booked a last minute holiday to get away for a while. Haven't spoken to my da in a week (although this is pretty normal).

Would have been 25 years married in October (on my birthday, I was their first anniversary present!). Bit surreal like.

Sorry to hear that man, hope you're alright and that its sunk in somewhat.

• Advertisement

So, I found out 2 weeks ago after I got home from holidays that my mum and dad are splitting up after 24 years of marriage. :(

I've spent since then trying to get my head around it and I think I've finally got there (with the help of some friends :) ).

Mum and sisters are away to Spain, they booked a last minute holiday to get away for a while. Haven't spoken to my da in a week (although this is pretty normal).

Would have been 25 years married in October (on my birthday, I was their first anniversary present!). Bit surreal like.

Ah jeez sorry to hear man. Hugs x x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Ah awec I'm sorry to hear that. Like you said, it is surreal and it'll take some getting used to, but if both your parents end up happier as a result then that can only be a good thing.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Sorry to hear that mate. Must be a tough thing to be going through something like that but some good mates always help in situations like that, just someone to talk to really helps. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Morning all!

@Awec: I'm really sorry to hear about that mate! Hope you are managing (as well as you can be) - and I'd be pretty sure I speak for everyone in here (the regular posters at least) that there are alot of people here for ya!

Awec, sorry to hear that! Hope you're ok dude

*hugs*

• Advertisement

Thanks folks. I feel better now than I did last week. :)
    That could also be down to you sobering up after the holiday Awec :pac:

I jest obviously - glad to hear you're feeling better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

PaulieC wrote: »
    That could also be down to you sobering up after the holiday Awec :pac:

I jest obviously - glad to hear you're feeling better!

HAHAHAHAHA, that's so so so true :P

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Sorry to hear that Awec. Like Suave said though if both your parents end up happier at the end of the day then maybe the split is for the best. It's a tough situation to be in, but separated and happy is better than together and unhappy.

Hope you're coping alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Sorry to hear Awec, all you can do is be there for both of them and remember to talk to people about your own thoughts as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'll take a more unique approach to your current situation awec, you missed out on a few pros and cons.
    (warning, light hearted views on growing up with separated parents since back in the 90's below!)

Pro- Double the presents on birthdays/Christmas:D
    Con- Sometimes you end up having to eat two dinners at Christmas, and that's a lot of turkey and stuffing, take it from me, pace yourself.:(
    Pro- If they live in separate houses, there's a good chance at some stage one of them will be away for the weekend, in which case you tell the other parent your "staying at dad's house"..go to his while he's away and have a social gathering:pac:
    Con- Get the other siblings in on the plan, if they rat you out, you don't have "good cop, bad cop" you have "bad cop, bad cop" and that's a lot of cop.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I lol'd, Panthro :pac:

So sorry to hear that, awec :( Shock can be a terrible bugger to deal with. Hope you're ok, or getting there :)

Panthro wrote: »
    I'll take a more unique approach to your current situation awec, you missed out on a few pros and cons.
    (warning, light hearted views on growing up with separated parents since back in the 90's below!)

Pro- Double the presents on birthdays/Christmas:D
    Con- Sometimes you end up having to eat two dinners at Christmas, and that's a lot of turkey and stuffing, take it from me, pace yourself.:(
    Pro- If they live in separate houses, there's a good chance at some stage one of them will be away for the weekend, in which case you tell the other parent your "staying at dad's house"..go to his while he's away and have a social gathering:pac:
    Con- Get the other siblings in on the plan, if they rat you out, you don't have "good cop, bad cop" you have "bad cop, bad cop" and that's a lot of cop.:eek:
    And the culchie comes out :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Pembily wrote: »
    And the cluchie comes out :P

Woh!............

You're from the sunny south whest, you're as cluchie'd as I am missy!!

Panthro wrote: »
    Woh!............

You're from the sunny south whest, you're as clulchie'd as I am missy!!
    It is true, I know the different between slurry smells and silage :o I have also commented on how "good that soil" is!
    P.S. I like how both of you typod culchie. Or is cluchie the culchie way of spelling it? :P
    I am just wrecked and can't spell, it's clearly culchie :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sorry to hear the news awec.

And nothing wrong with being a culchie. I've gotten called that by Dubs before. Guessing just jealousy of us knowing of places that exist outside the pale. :D

Came home this evening from work to find a bird(sadly of the feathered variety) in my kitchen. Don't know how it got in. Need to get back to those Sherlock Holmes books to give me ideas of how to solve this locked house mystery. :)

Have you a fireplace CT?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭xDramaxQueenx

Culchie4lyf too. :D

Sauve wrote: »
    Have you a fireplace CT?!

Yep. It's blocked with fireguard undisturbed in front of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Culchies ftw!

Culchie-King_t.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Culchie and proud damnit! :D

CastorTroy wrote: »

Yep. It's blocked with fireguard undisturbed in front of it.

Weird :confused:

Weird :confused:

Yup. I'll just blame that hat I bought off that magician dude. Think his name was Mandrake or Zatara or Alfonso Bonzo. Something like that. :pac:

No craic. Is bored. Wah. Whats everyone else at?

CastorTroy wrote: »

Yup. I'll just blame that hat I bought off that magician dude. Think his name was Mandrake or Zatara or Alfonso Bonzo. Something like that. :pac:

I know that guy. He sold me shoes that turned into goldfish at midnight. He's a total trickster :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,521 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Huge spider. :eek::eek:

Just put two DVD's up on Ebay.

Ive seen them sell for a combined €600 over the last few months so Im hoping to get something in that region for em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Necronos wrote: »
    Just put two DVD's up on Ebay.

Ive seen them sell for a combined €600 over the last few months so Im hoping to get something in that region for em.

:eek:

What are they of?

• Advertisement

Larianne wrote: »

What are they?

DVDs are discs with movies on them.

DVDs.

:cool: Edited ma post.

DVDs.

:cool: Edited ma post.

Me too :cool:

:D

DVDs are discs with movies on them.

Hope you originally finshed with "But that's not important right now"

I'm assuming the dvds are of the JFK assassin and details of the "moon landing"

What are they of?

2 horror movies.

This is the link to the last one I saw sold - Linky

The one I have is even rarer because it is signed by the director/writer.

• Advertisement

Me too :cool:

:D

Fecker!!

That's mad Necco. Must start looking into horror films so! :pac:

Its unusual for a single dvd to go for that much but if I can get even €200 for it I will be happy out cos I only paid about €14 for it!

Morning all!!

Thank feck it's Thursday :)

How's the bidding going Nec?

Can't sleep and am so tired!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Morning Pemb! How are ya?

In a mixed mood today. Had two lovely croissants for brekkie along with a strong cup of Lyons tea (got hooked up with a box of it) and I'm feeling good. Have to head into town shortly to get my residents card which is great too. Normally I'd cycle into the town centre, however my bike got nicked the other night, which is pissing me off dammit!

Seems it's normal behaviour to steal bikes over here. Bunch of waffle loving-lovely beer having-bike stealing f*ckers.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement