Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Morning Pemb! How are ya?

In a mixed mood today. Had two lovely croissants for brekkie along with a strong cup of Lyons tea (got hooked up with a box of it) and I'm feeling good. Have to head into town shortly to get my residents card which is great too. Normally I'd cycle into the town centre, however my bike got nicked the other night, which is pissing me off dammit!

Seems it's normal behaviour to steal bikes over here. Bunch of waffle loving-lovely beer having-bike stealing f*ckers.

I am good :) It's a fab morning :) Perfect for a cycle but I couldn't cycle to work :(

THIEVING FCUKERS! That totally sucks that they stole your bike. It's the same here and rampant in the Netherlands. A guard was telling me a that a bike stealing ring were caught during the week! I woudln't have thought bikes were that valuable a commodity that there would be rings :confused: So fcuking annoying and irritating when stuff is stolen, and your bike is your mode of transport so that's even worse :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Morning!

Do kids have no respect these days?! Walking past a few teeny boppers on their way to school this morning and one of the little brats almost pushed me out of the way! :mad: wtf?!

Going to look at puppies to cheer myself up :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭xDramaxQueenx

I have no idea what parents are feeding kids these days, but this time last year, on my break from work, as i was walking behind a load of young looking kids in their school uniforms, one of them managed to hit me in the forehead with their elbow. In the FOREHEAD. with their ELBOW. :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Morning Pemb! How are ya?

In a mixed mood today. Had two lovely croissants for brekkie along with a strong cup of Lyons tea (got hooked up with a box of it) and I'm feeling good. Have to head into town shortly to get my residents card which is great too. Normally I'd cycle into the town centre, however my bike got nicked the other night, which is pissing me off dammit!

Seems it's normal behaviour to steal bikes over here. Bunch of waffle loving-lovely beer having-bike stealing f*ckers.

What part of Belgium are you in HB?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Pembily wrote: »

How's the bidding going Nec?

No bids on one,currently £40 on the other.Both have over 9 days to run though so its a good start.
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

swapple wrote: »
    Morning!

Do kids have no respect these days?! Walking past a few teeny boppers on their way to school this morning and one of the little brats almost pushed me out of the way! :mad: wtf?!

Going to look at puppies to cheer myself up :o

f*cker! see? I told you that you should let me kick children!! That'll learn them when they are young - learn them good!

Harro everyone!! o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

f*cker! see? I told you that you should let me kick children!! That'll learn them when they are young - learn them good!

*mental note - stay away from grames when on teaching practice!*
    Harro everyone!! o/

'ello!
    Wassup? :)

*mental note - stay away from grames when on teaching practice!*

I can't help it - some kids just look fun to kick!!

'ello!
    Wassup? :)

Ah I'm alright - this week is dragging but it is no where near as stressful as recently so ish ok!!

you?

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

A guard was telling me a that a bike stealing ring were caught during the week! I woudln't have thought bikes were that valuable a commodity that there would be rings :confused:

:confused:

...a bike stealing ring? I'm actually kinda lost for words...

Morning all. Good news, bike is up on donedeal for sale. Bad news, the first of two instalments for my course is due much earlier than I thought. :eek:

How's everyone on this surprisingly warm afternoon?

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

I have no idea what parents are feeding kids these days, but this time last year, on my break from work, as i was walking behind a load of young looking kids in their school uniforms, one of them managed to hit me in the forehead with their elbow. In the FOREHEAD. with their ELBOW. :(

FFS! Some of these kids are actually asking for a kick! :rolleyes:

Can't wait to get home, kick off my shoes and get cosy - might grab some oreos on the way :D

• Advertisement

Kev.OC wrote: »
    :confused:

...a bike stealing ring? I'm actually kinda lost for words...

Morning all. Good news, bike is up on donedeal for sale. Bad news, the first of two instalments for my course is due much earlier than I thought. :eek:

How's everyone on this surprisingly warm afternoon?
    Yup bike stealing ring!!!

I am good but feel a bit ill as I ate too much cake :o

Can't wait to get home, kick off my shoes and get cosy - might grab some oreos on the way :D
    They really do deserve a kick :mad:

I bloody told you all she was perfect for me!! :):D

Ah I'm alright - this week is dragging but it is no where near as stressful as recently so ish ok!!

you?

Good to hear!

I'm alright, heading back into college next week so sorting through my notes from last year, it's FUN I tells ya. Don't remember half of it. :o

I love college, but not looking forward to seeing what 8am looks like again though! :pac:

I love college, but not looking forward to seeing what 8am looks like again though! :pac:

Try 7am :P

:eek: That must suck! Still dark out then? :P

8 is the very VERY latest I can avoid getting outta bed.
    So obviously I do it everyday. :pac:

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

:eek: That must suck! Still dark out then? :P

8 is the very VERY latest I can avoid getting outta bed.
    So obviously I do it everyday. :pac:
    At the minute nope, thankfully! I sometimes find it easier to get up at 7 than 7:30 :rolleyes:

It is more difficult in the winter when it's dark and cold or when someone is keeping your bed warm :pac:

Awec, 9:40 is a major lie in for me!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I take your 7am and will raise you a 6:30am start. In work for 7:45! Afternoon all. Quieter week this week as the level 3 are doing their final exams which means more time in the office prepping! I even got to go do grocery shopping, exciting:D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,383 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Good to hear!

I'm alright, heading back into college next week so sorting through my notes from last year, it's FUN I tells ya. Don't remember half of it. :o

Ah the student life. Would be great if it wasn't for the studying and the lectures. :D

I'm up about 8:30 every morning. I'm meant to start work at 8:30 so usually about 15 minutes late. The punctuality in here is amazing. Everyone out the door at 4:30 on the dot. Not so punctual coming in.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

awec wrote: »
    An hour and 15 minutes to get ready in the mornings? :P

Including a run, filling my bucket for my bucket bath, boiling water for drinking during the day, making breakfast and a 15min walk to the hospital. I think I'm doing pretty well :p

Daisies wrote: »
    Including a run, filling my bucket for my bucket bath, boiling water for drinking during the day, making breakfast and a 15min walk to the hospital. I think I'm doing pretty well :p
    I am sorry but I laughed :o

Good to hear!

you are not supposed to remember half of it - that's what drink does! :p

8am?! I am in WORK for 8am - in lansdowne road!!

ps: you have been gone for ages - what gives?

Try 6:30am! :p (I leave my house at 7 for a half 7 train to be in work for 8!)

Bought this and this earlier on to add to my Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Dawn of the Dead ones.

I do love classic horror tees.

• Advertisement

Try 6:30am! :p (I leave my house at 7 for a half 7 train to be in work for 8!)
    Oh the joys of cycling to work! Leave house at 8:10 and am at work for 8:30 :D

Just spotted your sig Pem,whats the Peter McVerry Trust all aboot?

I am sorry but I laughed :o

I will allow that. If someone said to me a year ago I'd be using a bucket and a cup to shower, I would have laughed too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I will allow that. If someone said to me a year ago I'd be using a bucket and a cup to shower, I would have laughed too!

We used to have mobile showers for camping with scout Daisies- dunno if it's be any use to you but its worth a look. For all the world they're like a drip bag with a hose off it that you hang in a tree.
    Though showering outside probably isn't an option where you are....

Necronos wrote: »
    Just spotted your sig Pem,whats the Peter McVerry Trust all aboot?
    It's a homeless charity, seemingly very good. We are cycling 140km and have to raise €400 each. Having a table quiz in Diceys on 12 September, check sig for details :) Or you can just support my by clicking the other link!

Mods delete if this isn't appropriate!
    You would have died laughing :P

• Advertisement

Sauve wrote: »
    We used to have mobile showers for camping with scout Daisies- dunno if it's be any use to you but its worth a look. For all the world they're like a drip bag with a hose off it that you hang in a tree.

Meh, the students would get a great kick out of that. Also I wouldn't want to show my shoulder boobs or knee boobs over here!

They are the best invention EVER!
    Meh, the students would get a great kick out of that. Also I wouldn't want to show my shoulder boobs or knee boobs over here!
    Shoulder boobs? Knee boobs?

Awec, Sauve isn't from the back end of no where, they do have running water :P

If you'd have told me this time last year that I'd be cycling 140km I'd have laughed in your face! :D

Lots of change! You cycling 140km and Daisies showering out of a bucket :pac:

Daisies and grames, you win the ridiculously early morning competition! You win a...I dunno, vuvuzela player to wake you up? :P
    Note: may be completely and utterly made up..
    An hour and 15 minutes to get ready in the mornings? :P

Go to lecture, leave for bathroom, get ready IN bathroom. Return looking a) sober, b) awake and very VERY interested in said lecture. Simple!
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    Ah the student life. Would be great if it wasn't for the studying and the lectures. :D

I know, it's cramping my style man! I do love college though, I get to paint and pretend to be a butterfly or read a story.. so very grown up. :D
    you are not supposed to remember half of it - that's what drink does! :p

Shurrup you. :pac:

There's one lecture that I sat through all year and can't remember a thing - not a thing. Except that during the exams I had to study otitis media and my brain kept correcting it to Otis. (You SEE what tGC is doing to me? :pac: )Literally the only thing I remember about it... :o
    8am?! I am in WORK for 8am - in lansdowne road!!
    ps: you have been gone for ages - what gives?

I hated you all, so I left. :pac:

Nah, I was just away! But back now, so it's all good.

Shoulder boobs? Knee boobs?

Yup, ya gotta cover your shoulders and knees or have your moral integrity questioned. As a result we call them shoulder boobs and knee boobs!

Mobile shower to me will always be deodorant, aka Portable shower, aka shower in a can. At least that's what they're called at music festivals.
    Yup, ya gotta cover your shoulders and knees or have your moral integrity questioned. As a result we call them shoulder boobs and knee boobs!

Am I the only one having a hard time not picturing someone with shoulder boobs and knee boobs?

I've spent the last 20+ minutes looking for that picture from The Simpsons (Huckleberry Finn episode) of the woman flashing her ankle, but I can't find it. So we'll just have to pretend that's what's here instead of all this writing. :)

Kev.OC wrote: »
    I've spent the last 20+ minutes looking for that picture from The Simpsons (Huckleberry Finn episode) of the woman flashing her ankle, but I can't find it. So we'll just have to pretend that's what's here instead of all this writing. :)

Pssst, try this
    Simpsons.jpg

Warning: NSFW :P

• Advertisement

Damn you CT, you stole my thunder! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,569 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Evening, was rather nippy this morning. Bus driver had the heat on full blast!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Dubhlinner

I saw the poster galvasean on the street the other week. recognised from picture thread. very almost said hello thinking he was someone I knew. has anyone on that thread ever had someone actually do this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Late night snack of cheese on toast with tea! :D

I'm starving at this hour!

That's because you should be in bed already ya goon :p

(I do realise the hypocrisy of my statement and dagnammit I'm hungry as hell now)

It's early, I'm sleepy zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Gotta go supervise an exam while preparing for my lecture directly after. Woops

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,569 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Will you be logging on here whilst invigilating? :pac:

Will you be logging on here whilst invigilating? :pac:

So............bit of a mix up. We thought the exam was at 8, turns out it's at one!Oh well

• Advertisement

Daisies I keep giggling at shoulder boob!! I'm so mature :pac:

How the hell are ye up so late??

A bird just shat on me and my white blazer :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement