Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I rarely have breakfast. Usually wait until lunch to eat. But think that's just from prioritising sleep over food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Morning all!! o/

Its almost bagel time for me......mmmmm bagels!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Hey up gang,
    Work finished guys got me a cake and a card. I'm here having a few cans like a boss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

Panthro wrote: »
    Hey up gang,
    Work finished guys got me a cake and a card. I'm here having a few cans like a boss!

When i worked nights, few beers first thing in the morning before I went to bed used to be great! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

BadGirl wrote: »
    When i worked nights, few beers first thing in the morning before I went to bed used to be great! :D

That sounds fantastic. Beer in the morning and then bed? Deadly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,521 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Made this last night, although I had to use new flour due the presence of paper mites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I have to have breakfast! I'm a demon without food...

I can't believe you are going so soon Panthro!

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

I'm so hungry I accidentally took a bite of my napkin.. the panini in it is tastier :o

Also is there a bakery on or around Camden st where I could get a criossant? I really want one now for some reason

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Fecking around on boards during crazy long breaks between lectures, as promised!
    swapple wrote: »
    I'm so hungry I accidentally took a bite of my napkin.. the panini in it is tastier :o[/I]

Much better than biting the inside of your cheek eating an apple...oh yeah, I'm so hungry I tried to eat through my own face.

Of course, I didn't do that earlier. At all... ahem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I'm so hungry I accidentally took a bite of my napkin.. the panini in it is tastier :o

Also is there a bakery on or around Camden st where I could get a criossant? I really want one now for some reason

I just laughed out loud at both of them! espoecially the "for some reason" part - I imagined you wagging your finger at the thread!! :pac:

I am also starving today, have smoked salmon and soda bread! Eating like a horse lately :rolleyes:

Hope the napkin didn't taste too bad Swapple :P

Fecking around on boards during crazy long breaks between lectures, as promised!

Much better than biting the inside of your cheek eating an apple...oh yeah, I'm so hungry I tried to eat through my own face.

Of course, I didn't do that earlier. At all... ahem

I do that all the time, usually when I'm really hungry too :( not this time though, oh yeah! :cool:
    I just laughed out loud at both of them! especially the "for some reason" part - I imagined you wagging your finger at the thread!! :pac:

I made squinty eyes at my screen but then my co-worker looked freaked out so I stopped :p

Had to go downtown at lunch to get a Donegal jersey, so just picked up a southern fried chicken fillet baguette on the way back. Did the job. :)

Pembily wrote: »
    I am also starving today, have smoked salmon and soda bread! Eating like a horse lately :rolleyes:

Hope the napkin didn't taste too bad Swapple :P

NOM!
    It was delicious :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

I made squinty eyes at my screen but then my co-worker looked freaked out so I stopped :p

Squinty eyes while tonguing your freshly gouged cheek wound with a shred of napkin clinging on to the corner of your mouth. Sexy pose must of made him uncomfortable with your obvious attempts at flirtation. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Trick is to get them early in the morning, leave it late and you're screwed.

Being spoilt rotten here with the lovely food and beer, and everything is a lot cheaper. Ridiculous amount of Irish people here too which I find odd.

You're in Belgium though right?

There's a good few pharmaceutical plants over there so you'll have engineers going over in their droves for work - my flatmate is over there since April, hoping to move back permenantly around Christmas meaning there may be household celebrations around that time... :)

i too like food and puns

bluewolf wrote: »
    i too like food and puns

How's the study Bluey? We miss you!

not too bad, bit tired
    need a holiday
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I'm tired, crampy, I want chocolate and ice cream and cheese on crackers. I do not want to be supervising a 3 hour practical in the morning. :mad:

Wah, wah, moan, moan

/rant over

Daisies wrote: »
    I'm tired, crampy, I want chocolate and ice cream and cheese on crackers. I do not want to be supervising a 3 hour practical in the morning. :mad:

Wah, wah, moan, moan

/rant over
    At least it's in the morning and not now Daisies :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

PaulieC wrote: »
    At least it's in the morning and not now Daisies :)

True but I only just realised I have to supervise it, I was planning on a sleep in. Yup I'm in one hell of a moany mood today! Tomorrow normal Daisies may be back:o

Tomorrow normal Daisies may be back:o

After the 3hours of supervision is it??

:pac:

After the 3hours of supervision is it??

:pac:

Once it finishes and I go home, grab another coffee and go to the office and rant to lovely boardsies!

In other news I am becoming obsessed with House, how did I only bring 2 seasons with me???

Hugs Daisies! I will send chocolate :D

When are you finished Bluey?

2nd of october!
    then its time to go mad :cool:

Pembily wrote: »
    Hugs Daisies! I will send chocolate :D
    Can it be here in the next hour? Please and thanks!
    2nd of october!
    then its time to go mad :cool:

Will all the exams be done then?

Can it be here in the next hour? Please and thanks!

Will all the exams be done then?

christ no
    they go on forever and ever and ever :(
    i have a good few left, be a few years

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,521 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Hope you're not giving too much money to the textbook manufacturers, bw!

• Advertisement

christ no
    they go on forever and ever and ever :(
    i have a good few left, be a few years

Actuary or accountant? I can't remember which!

Swap with Daises. She'll do your exams whilst you supervise hers. :pac:

Swap with Daises. She'll do your exams whilst you supervise hers. :pac:

Only if she'd like to fail!

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Only if she'd like to fail!

I am not being mean but I agree. I have seen what my sister has to study and it's hard! Not a hope would I pass them...

All this talk of study reminds me of stuff that I should be doing.....this weekend I'll go at it properly.

I took the grown up decision to buy a book case the other day, I've yet to assemble it properly but it'll spur me on to finish book so I can put them neatly away in their new home!!

I'm aware of how sad that sounds but I don't care!! :pac:

What sort of stuff do you read?

Wonder if any of wolfie's cousins study actuary.

Have not one, not two, not three, not four...but five assignments due in October!

Fcuk this, I'm going out tonight. Student nights FTW. :D

Have not one, not two, not three, not four...but five assignments due in October!

Fcuk this, I'm going out tonight. Student nights FTW. :D

Wednesday the new Thursday?

• Advertisement

Maguined wrote: »
    Wednesday the new Thursday?

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday...take your pick!
    Sleep/work at the weekend and come back in on Monday to do it all again.

edit: Oh, and I dunno does anyone remember me ranting about my maths lecturer last year (what started me posting here iirc), but according to the lecturers after last years feedback the course "has taken a new direction" and we have a new lecturer!

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday...take your pick!
    Sleep/work at the weekend and come back in on Monday to do it all again.

Bloody students. :P

All this talk of study reminds me of stuff that I should be doing.....this weekend I'll go at it properly.

I took the grown up decision to buy a book case the other day, I've yet to assemble it properly but it'll spur me on to finish book so I can put them neatly away in their new home!!

I'm aware of how sad that sounds but I don't care!! :pac:

I've got a bookcase. Now have to get another one to put books in since my current one just has dvds and games in it.

edit: Oh, and I dunno does anyone remember me ranting about my maths lecturer last year (what started me posting here iirc), but according to the lecturers after last years feedback the course "has taken a new direction" and we have a new lecturer!
    Oh that is good, fingers crossed he is a better teacher than the last one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Hello everyone. How're things? Hope everyone's enjoying the weather?

I've spent the last three lovely sunny days stuck in the function room of Dromoland Castle. Absolutely stunning place to wander around in this weather. Also I now know occupational first aid. :) Let's hope I never need to use it! :P

Paid the first instalment of my course a few days ago. Felt bad watching my bank account getting ravaged like that. And it's going to get assaulted again at the start of October for instalment 2... :(

I could reply to some of the goings on here, but frankly there's just too much going on. I think I'll just watch the conversation from the side and jump in at the next lull. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

What course are you doing Kev?? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

What course are you doing Kev?? :)

Ski instructor course in Whistler, Canada. :D

Gaaahhhhh.

This is bad, I am considering putting some journal articles and the outline of my lectures in pdf onto my kindle so I can read them in bed/on the beach. I need a slap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Kev.OC wrote: »
    Ski instructor course in Whistler, Canada. :D

Ah nice one!! :D That sounds so cool! When are off anyway?

Nice one, Kev. Location envy. :P

You overworking yourself, Daises?

Gaaahhhhh.

This is bad, I am considering putting some journal articles and the outline of my lectures in pdf onto my kindle so I can read them in bed/on the beach. I need a slap!
    *slap*

That is bad! Go to bed and sleep!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement