Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Nice one, Kev. Location envy. :P

You overworking yourself, Daises?

Nah but just want to be a little more prepared.
    Pembily wrote: »
    *slap*

That is bad! Go to bed and sleep!!

Ok I'm going. Will read Game of Thrones instead. Or maybe an episode of Community/House

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I started reading Game of Thrones but got distracted!!

Got all the questions sorted for the quiz next week :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Exciting. Wish I was going to be there.

Daisies wrote: »

Exciting. Wish I was going to be there.
    I wish you were going to be there too!! A lot more to do but it is exciting. I also need to train more, not really ready for 140km :o

I'm a thumping headache :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Just sold one of the DVDs for €300,the other one is running at €90 with 3 days left in the auction.

Schweet!

Necronos wrote: »
    Just sold one of the DVDs for €300,the other one is running at €90 with 3 days left in the auction.

Schweet!
    Jammy git! Gonna buy your gf something nice ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I am drugged up to me eyeballs. Gah!

Drink lots of water Pembo!

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Gaaahhhhh.

This is bad, I am considering putting some journal articles and the outline of my lectures in pdf onto my kindle so I can read them in bed/on the beach. I need a slap!

I don't see anything wrong here. :o Surely getting yourself more familiar with the outline of your lectures is a good thing, no?
    Ah nice one!! :D That sounds so cool! When are off anyway?

Flying out on the 21st of November. It's a 4 week course, costing a shocking amount of money, with no guarantee of a job afterwards. :eek: :(

Pem, I'm not sure what to say. I don't think I could do 140km on my bike, and that has an engine! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Necronos wrote: »

Schweet!
    Jammy git! Gonna buy your gf something nice ;)

Ehhhh,she has me,what more could she possibly want/need??????

Ha ha ha.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Lar I hope the drugs work. I'm in bed hoping that helps :)

Kev are you moving there for good? Yeah I'm hopeful I'll complete the 140km, I'll be sore but happy!

Nec - hilarious :p A girl always likes presents :p

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Dunno, if I'm honest. When I go my visa will be valid for a year, so as it stands I'm planning to spend the full 12 months over. If I got offered a decent job and a sponsorship to stay in the country I wouldn't exactly be heart-broken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Actually went and attempted that exercise thing yesterday and today. So walked about 3.5 km, according to google maps. Down and up hill yesterday. And today did the downhill part jogging. Surprised I didn't collapse.

Morning all :D

Best of luck Kev!

Castor it's not that bad :p

awec wrote: »
    Maaaaarnin!

Got woken up this morning by some sort of kamikaze fly that attacked me. It buzzed in my ear so I pulled the duvet over my head, went back to sleep and then it buzzed in my ear again!

Got away too, it's whereabouts are currently unknown. :pac:
    You are clearly still asleep :P

awec wrote: »
    At 0841? Course I am! :p

Still no excuse for poor grammar :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Morning all, yesterday after work was - food, watched training from the sideline, physio, gym, sauna and steam, bed

Trying to get back for a league match Sunday for preparation for championship on Friday night so the physio went a bit nuts and now the back of my leg is bruised up and a bit tender....still....no pain no gain etc.

That said I'm really worried about how unfit I'll be - the hand injury and hamstring issues means it's over 6 weeks since I played a full game and I wasn't fit to begin with :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Morning all..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Morning all :D

Best of luck Kev!

Castor it's not that bad :p

It is when completely unfit. :o Bit sore today as well.

Kev.OC wrote: »
    I don't see anything wrong here. :o Surely getting yourself more familiar with the outline of your lectures is a good thing, no?

Ya, the thought process behind it is full of good intentions, however I'm currently spending 12-14 hours working between supervising clinics, lecturing and preparation. Sitting on the beach reading the journal articles is just a bit much.

Whistler is supposed to be amazing, especially for Australia Day (Jan 26th), have a few friends in Vancouver who head there every year

PaulieC wrote: »
    Morning all, yesterday after work was - food, watched training from the sideline, physio, gym, sauna and steam, bed

Trying to get back for a league match Sunday for preparation for championship on Friday night so the physio went a bit nuts and now the back of my leg is bruised up and a bit tender....still....no pain no gain etc.

That said I'm really worried about how unfit I'll be - the hand injury and hamstring issues means it's over 6 weeks since I played a full game and I wasn't fit to begin with :(
    Best of luck Paulie, you really have had a crap run of luck :(

Morning TP!
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    It is when completely unfit. :o Bit sore today as well.
    It less sore the more you do :P

Best of luck Paulie, you really have had a crap run of luck :(

Yeah I've been unlucky alright but how bad - I'm already looking to next season, can't wait to get in the gym and build towards it tbh :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Morning all!

Chest pains are a bad thing right?

Screw it - water will help!

how's everyone?

• Advertisement

Morning all!

Chest pains are a bad thing right?

Screw it - water will help!

how's everyone?
    Indegestion.....onset by bagels perhaps?? :pac:

I love it, no sympathy around here! :pac:

Water or fizzy water helps G!

I have watermelon and peanut butter and banana sandwich for lunch. :D

don't you badmouth the bagel! It had ham on it today - was awesome!
    I love it, no sympathy around here! :pac:

Water or fizzy water helps G!

probably need to get something fizzy at lunch but for now i have chocolate fudge cake! :D

Are you pregnant :p
    probably need to get something fizzy at lunch but for now i have chocolate fudge cake! :D
    Fizziness always works for me! Oh fudge cake, why?

• Advertisement

Fizziness always works for me! Oh fudge cake, why?

Mate of mine in work passed his driving test so brought in celebratory cake!
    :D

Are you pregnant :p

Not unless it's an immaculate conception :p

Let me rephrase, I have watermelon, AND a peanut butter and banana sandwich!

don't you badmouth the bagel! It had ham on it today - was awesome!

There was no badmouthing of the bagel, but rather, percieved over consumption of tasty, tasty bagels good sir! :D

A big fan of bacon and cream cheese or just cinammon and raisin with butter in the morning.

Mate of mine in work passed his driving test so brought in celebratory cake!
    :D
    Ah nice :D:D
    Not unless it's an immaculate conception :p

Let me rephrase, I have watermelon, AND a peanut butter and banana sandwich!
    Peanut butter and banana? Weird :P

Peanut butter and banana you say.....interesting - my mates love that as a milkshake, but sandwiches are a different kettle of fish altogether!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Peanut butter and banana you say.....interesting - my mates love that as a milkshake, but sandwiches are a different kettle of fish altogether!

I'll vouch for it, one of my fave combos, throw that into a wrap with some Mayo and yowzer!

Ah nice :D:D

Peanut butter and banana? Weird :P
    Don't know it until you've tried it

It's delish! Try a slice of toast with peanut butter and sliced banana. Nom nom and a mug of tea = breakfast of champions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Banana sandwiches on brown soda bread are just divine.

Banana and Weetabix may have been had for breakfast by Panthro earlier, along with a cuppa Kenco Millicano, yes I am good to myself!

Panthro wrote: »
    I'll vouch for it, one of my fave combos, throw that into a wrap with some Mayo and yowzer!
    You had me until mayonaise was mentioned - now don't get me wrong, I love mayo but my gut tells me that banannas and PB with mayo would be horrific!

• Advertisement

Banana and Weetabix may have been had for breakfast by Panthro earlier, along with a cuppa Kenco Millicano, yes I am good to myself!

Nom, here it's banana and Nutribix! And lovely long life milk.

Mayo? What on earth are you on? Are you pregnant?

Mayo? What on earth are you on? Are you pregnant?

Yes, yes I am!
    Hence why I'm a moody aul heur these days.

Yes, yes I am!
    Explains SO much!

Yes, yes I am!
    *Dibs godfather

Yes, yes I am!

That is your reasoning :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,521 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Food talk? Surely not in here. :pac:

Food talk? Surely not in here. :pac:

I know, it's shocking!:pac:
    I think I've made the single most half ársed attempt at packing known to mankind just now. I opened up the wardrobe, pulled out a load of stuff out onto the floor. And I've walked away from it, thinking I must update my phone!

I think I've made the single most half ársed attempt at packing known to mankind just now. I opened up the wardrobe, pulled out a load of stuff out onto the floor. And I've walked away from it, thinking I must update my phone!

My personal favourite was my Mam coming home one evening to find me plonked in the middle of the spare room surrounded by clothes and shoes and a suitcase. Wine in hand and reading a magazine!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Classic.. typical techie nerd there.. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement