Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,521 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I was debating the whole rucksack vs. bag thing. Think the rucksack felt heavier, though that could be because it's on your back, not in your hands...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Daisies wrote: »
    My personal favourite was my Mam coming home one evening to find me plonked in the middle of the spare room surrounded by clothes and shoes and a suitcase. Wine in hand and reading a magazine!
    Alcohol eh? I think your on to something there!!
    ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Classic.. typical techie nerd there.. :D
    I'm no techie! I think subconsciously I went for the one job that requires the least amount of effort and that I would get the most amount of satisfaction from!!
    Which reminds me, I should put tunes on my phone (he writes as he glares over at the hape of stuff on the floor!)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I was debating the whole rucksack vs. bag thing. Think the rucksack felt heavier, though that could be because it's on your hand, not in your hands...

Oh I have both. If I was proper travelling as opposed to moving somewhere I'd pick a backpack everytime. So much easier to get on and off public transport, to take up hostel stairs etc I brought my backpack for when I go travelling on my holidays :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Panthro wrote: »
    Alcohol eh? I think your on to something there!!

It made unpacking when I got here more interesting too. "Oh I wonder what made it into this bag"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

It made unpacking when I got here more interesting too. "Oh I wonder what made it into this bag"

I can just imagine you :P

Panthro - make a list!

• Advertisement

Pembily wrote: »
    I can just imagine you :P

Panthro - make a list!

Wayyyyy ahead of you Pem..
    Yup..
    All the tunes from the 1990's, 2000's and 2010's shall be transferred to the phone...
    :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,521 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

We should report some posts whilst you're in the air, that way the pilot can pull over whilst you can find a signal to edit them. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It less sore the more you do :P

Ah, must resist urge to lower tone...

But yeah I'm hoping that's the case
    Yup..
    All the tunes from the 1990's, 2000's and 2010's shall be transferred to the phone...

All the tunes from 2000's and 2010's? Think that would involve too much skipping to the next tune for me

Don't know it until you've tried it

It's delish! Try a slice of toast with peanut butter and sliced banana. Nom nom and a mug of tea = breakfast of champions
    I am going to try it so! Sounds like it could be interesting, you did get me hooked on cheese :P
    ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Classic.. typical techie nerd there.. :D
    Techie nerd? You can't be talking about Panthro, he is far from a techie :P
    Yup..
    I meant stuff you need to bring list :P
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    Ah, must resist urge to lower tone...

But yeah I'm hoping that's the case
    Bluey or Sauve will be in to lower the tone anyway so work away!

Oh I have both. If I was proper travelling as opposed to moving somewhere I'd pick a backpack everytime. So much easier to get on and off public transport, to take up hostel stairs etc I brought my backpack for when I go travelling on my holidays :D

You reckon? Most of the time I've taken a rucksack it's been fine, though some people don't like them because 'whatever you need is always at the very bottom'. Did feel a little conscious taking up a seat and half on the Chicago metro.

• Advertisement

You reckon? Most of the time I've taken a rucksack it's been fine, though some people don't like them because 'whatever you need is always at the very bottom'. Did feel a little conscious taking up a seat and half on the Chicago metro.

I have a backpack that opens at the front so negates the problem with something being at the bottom. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Crunchy peanut butter and banana is one of my favouritest ever food combos! I nearly prefer it to cheese :eek: I make smoothies of it and I sometimes make a sandwich with PB and caramelised banana on a good seeded bread.

Afternoon all 0/ Going for drinks with the work crew later. On a countdown to gin o’clock :D:pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Hermione* wrote: »
    ..On a countdown to gin o’clock :D:pac:

mmmmmmmm.. gin!!

picture.php?albumid=1224&pictureid=13897

Woop woop, wine o clock!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Woop woop, wine o clock!
    Damn your timezone!! and your ability to drink!! *shakes fist.

I can't really justify drinking with championship coming up in a week but it's such a nice day - this is why I have a picnic bench out the back - to drink on days like this :(

PaulieC wrote: »
    Damn your timezone!! and your ability to drink!! *shakes fist.

I can't really justify drinking with championship coming up in a week but it's such a nice day - this is why I have a picnic bench out the back - to drink on days like this :(

I approve of said park bench!

How many hours ahead are you?

Just back from the dentist for a filling - boo for its necessity, procedure was fine. Can't eat for two hours and and haven't eaten since 2pm due to forgetting and being on autopilot. May as well go for a run something.

How many hours ahead are you?

Just back from the dentist for a filling - boo for its necessity, procedure was fine. Can't eat for two hours and and haven't eaten since 2pm due to forgetting and being on autopilot. May as well go for a run something.

1 hour ahead.

Damn, you just reminded me I was supposed to go for a run after work. Oh well!

I'm just after a visit to the oul barber shop. I think he chopped it a biteen too tight, I felt the breeze on the back and sides of my head a little more than what I usually would...There's only one thing for it...Dinner then a few pints!
    (OK fine, ye got me, dinner and pints was always the plan!)

Listened to this on repeat driving home...it's made this cracking day that little bit better!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Maguined wrote: »
    Bloody students. :P

Jealousy doesn't suit you dear. :P Though right now I wouldn't be jealous of me! Another assignment today...
    Oh that is good, fingers crossed he is a better teacher than the last one :)

Yeah, he seems nice anyway, so it's a start. :)

I get to mind this little guy all weekend :D
    ...no work will be done, and I really don't care!

431215_468144116542875_1179878346_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

That's one of the cutest little puppies ever!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Kitten that puppy rules! He looks like a bleedin' teddy!

Honorary 4 legged boardsie?

Flying to Canada in the morning (holidays).

tumblr_m5y1hz45Qc1qc7d69.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Very nice TBO. Whereabouts are you heading to? Going for long?

Wine + beer +whiskey shots = a drunk Daisies!

Wine + beer +whiskey shots = a drunk Daisies!
    How are you feeling today D?

Happy Friday all... I slept badly and had an weird and upsetting dream :(

How are you feeling today D?

I am perfectly fine. Had no lectures today so we took the day off. Nice 8 hours sleep and heading to the lake later:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I Hate those :(
    But hey it was just a dream, have a nice sticky bun and shrug it off!

• Advertisement

I am perfectly fine. Had no lectures today so we took the day off. Nice 8 hours sleep and heading to the lake later:D
    Excellent :D:D Jealous :P
    Sauve wrote: »
    I Hate those :(
    But hey it was just a dream, have a nice sticky bun and shrug it off!
    I have porridge and tea and may have some cake at work at tea break! Just really shook me when I woke up! At least I went back to sleep...

That sounds unreal.

We had a BBQ last night next to the picnic table - it was dark by the time the food was ready but god damn it tasted good :)

Happy Friday all btw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That sounds unreal.

We had a BBQ last night next to the picnic table - it was dark by the time the food was ready but god damn it tasted good :)

Happy Friday all btw!

Happy Friday!

I just sat in the house listening to the wind and rain outside.

Dreamless sleep seems to be pretty common for me.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Happy Friday!

I just sat in the house listening to the wind and rain outside.

Dreamless sleep seems to be pretty common for me.
    I'd be the same - wouldn't remember alot of my dreams tbh

Woke up at half 3 this morning which is odd for me - would normally sleep straight though the night.....passed out immediately after checking the time though so all good! :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Ahh Friday!! Where have you been all week?? I have missed you so :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

HARRO all!!

Best cake day ever - I had a sample of everything, strawberry cheesecake, chocolate frdge cake, malteaser cake, toffee squidgy thingy, and an apple pie (ok that one was just ALL for me!)

good start to the day!

How is everyone?

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    Best man's opening line yesterday was an absolute peach:

"Me and the groom have shared many things throughout our lives, thankfully none of them have turned up today".

:D
    My dads opening speech at his own wedding was apparently as follows:

"One thing that kept me travelling over to see my darling bride over the past few years was her mothers Apple tarts, well.....today....I've landed the nicest tart of all"

^ I'm not even joking :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Craft beer festival today!

This weekend is going to be heavy going. :P

My dads opening speech at his own wedding was apparently as follows:

"One thing that kept me travelling over to see my darling bride over the past few years was her mothers Apple tarts, well.....today....I've landed the nicest tart of all"

^ I'm not even joking :o

That made me laugh :D I am in a foul mood and just want to cry :mad:

• Advertisement

Wakes up to a text from a girl I kissed last night where she's thanking me for being such a good listener, and called me a true gent..

What Da Fuk did I do last night?!!!

(Ah who cares, I managed to get a kiss, whoot!)
    Bahahaahahahaha!

Wakes up to a text from a girl I kissed last night where she's thanking me for being such a good listener, and called me a true gent..

What Da Fuk did I do last night?!!!

(Ah who cares, I managed to get a kiss, whoot!)
    Bahahaahahahaha!

Are you sure she kissed you :P

I jest, well done you :D

Are you sure she kissed you :P

I jest, well done you :D

Aww stop, such drama!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

HARRO all!!

Best cake day ever - I had a sample of everything, strawberry cheesecake, chocolate frdge cake, malteaser cake, toffee squidgy thingy, and an apple pie (ok that one was just ALL for me!)

good start to the day!

How is everyone?

How are you not fat? WHat is your secret? TELL ME! :D
    That made me laugh :D I am in a foul mood and just want to cry :mad:

Hope the mood lifts Pem.

I subscribed in order to change my username....so....how do I change my username does anybody know?? :o

Larianne wrote: »
    How are you not fat? WHat is your secret? TELL ME! :D
    I agree, tell me too!
    Larianne wrote: »
    Hope the mood lifts Pem.
    I had half a toffee crisp, it defo helped! Dinner and wine tonight with good company will help more!
    I subscribed in order to change my username....so....how do I change my username does anybody know?? :o
    Paging Panthro :P

start a thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=331

pemb, big hugs <3

i'd love some cake now - i'm decided on making my malteser cheesecake this weekend
    mum has begged me to stop making the orange chocolate cake as it's too irresistible, and my grandparents also devoured a load of it then said pleaaaase stop making this
    giggle
    it is pretty tasty

Paging Panthro :P

Cleanup on isle 3 :pac:

Cleanup on isle 3 :pac:

Bluey, wanna take this one :P

Bluey, wanna take this one :P