Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Sauve wrote: »
    Pembily wrote: »
    It's a light read!

Exactly.
    I really don't see why it's getting such a hard time!
    It's badly written (grammar wise it's perfect), bad story BLAH BLAH BLAH!! I'm not a book critic, I'm a reader. People will always judge, sure I watch Home and Away :pac:

I want chocolate...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

PaulieC wrote: »
    What's the story with that book.

Filth for women basically yeah?

It's all filth isn't it? I think some women (not all) like to publicly announce they read it so they'd hope the fellas would find it hot that they were reading dirty things :pac:

Probably completely wrong :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Samich wrote: »
    It's all filth isn't it? I think some women (not all) like to publicly announce they read it so they'd hope the fellas would find it hot that they were reading dirty things :pac:

Probably completely wrong :pac:

Hmmm, I've actually been thinking a lot about this too... I don't know what it is. You could be right.
    Though when reading it I thought on plenty of occassions that there's plenty to learn from it (for both sexes) but especially for guys. I'd encourage all guys to read it tbh :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

PaulieC wrote: »
    What's the story with that book.

Filth for women basically yeah?

Basically, yeah.
    Mate of mine works in a book shop, says the amount of women going in to buy that thing is unreal.

He does get a kick out of asking do they want a bag though. Apparently they all do. Of course they do, this is Irish women! We'd wrap it in wallpaper if we could. :pac:
    Pembily wrote: »
    I want chocolate...

Me want cookie!

Hmmm, I've actually been thinking a lot about this too... I don't know what it is. You could be right.
    Though when reading it I thought on plenty of occassions that there's plenty to learn from it (for both sexes) but especially for guys. I'd encourage all guys to read it tbh :o

I still have to finish reading "The Game" :P So can't advance to the next level without completing the first ;) :P

I still have to finish reading "The Game" :P So can't advance to the next level without completing the first ;) :P

Oh yeah, I meant to read that too. Any good?

Oh yeah, I meant to read that too. Any good?

Yeah it's pretty good, started reading last Summer. And I cheated and read the last page or 2 :(

Whether it actually works or not is another thing :pac:

Yeah it's pretty good, started reading last Summer. And I cheated and read the last page or 2 :(

Whether it actually works or not is another thing :pac:

Ah yeah, I think anything that makes you not 'be yourself' won't really work, people will just see through it. Hints and tips yeah, fine, but if you have to put on a whole big act, how long are you gonna be able to keep that up?

Then again I haven't read the book yet so shouldn't comment!

Ah yeah, I think anything that makes you not 'be yourself' won't really work, people will just see through it. Hints and tips yeah, fine, but if you have to put on a whole big act, how long are you gonna be able to keep that up?

Then again I haven't read the book yet so shouldn't comment!

One of the things was you have to wear something that makes you standout like a hat or something. Fair enough I thought, I couldn't pull it off. Maybe one of those 60's singers (Sinatra) style hats.

Came across one of the fellas in the books tv programme on picking up women, and he was wearing this gigantic furry hat. Not sure how that'd work :pac:

Came across one of the fellas in the books tv programme on picking up women, and he was wearing this gigantic furry hat. Not sure how that'd work :pac:

Hmmm. I'd be dubious about that dude! Then again, he obviously had a lot of success so whos' to judge :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I recently read a description of "The Game" and it was described as the misogynists bible.

A boardsie recently published a book along the 50 shades lines but way better, an ebook link is in the creative writing forum
    well worth the read ;)

Necronos wrote: »
    I recently read a description of "The Game" and it was described as the misogynists bible.

Really?
    I'll have to read it so. Maybe start a thread somewhere.....
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Necronos wrote: »

Yeah it's basically how to scam women into liking you, and all the tricks to use. It's ricockulous how horribly it disrespects women while at the same time wanting to be with one!

Yeah it's basically how to scam women into liking you, and all the tricks to use. It's ricockulous how horribly it disrespects women while at the same time wanting to be with one!

Oh right, that's not what I thought it was at all! Oops :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I've been off the radar a bit recently. I was told two weeks ago that my contract was being cut short and I was being made redundant. Came totally out of the blue. It completely stressed me out and I couldn't even think straight. It also left me in a bit of a financial hole.

Today though I got offered two jobs. Nice to see some things working in my favour. :)

Oh right, that's not what I thought it was at all! Oops :rolleyes:

yeah - stuff like this just annoys me! call me old fashioned but .....y'know....women should be respected!
    The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists

Are you just another AFC ("average frustrated chump") trying to meet an HB ("hot babe")? How would you like to "full-close" with a Penthouse Pet of the Year? The answers, my friend, are in Neil Strauss's entertaining book The Game

By using high-powered marketing techniques he's turned seduction into an effortless craft--even inventing his own vocabulary. His technique sounds like a car salesman's tip sheet: his main rule is FMAC--find, meet, attract, close. He employs the "three-second rule"--always approach a woman within three seconds of first seeing her in order to avoid getting shy.

Other tricks:
    • Intrigue a beautiful woman by pretending to be unaffected by her charm;
    • never hit on a woman right away. Start with a disarming, innocent remark, like "Do you think magic spells work?" or "Oh my god, did you see those two girls fighting outside?"
    • And finally, the most important characteristic of the pickup artist--smile.

'sigh'

I'm not sure how it disrespects women, just gives you tips on how to get women :P

i.e pretend to be not interested, talk to the friend of the girl you're interested in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I'm not sure how it disrespects women, just gives you tips on how to get women :P

i.e pretend to be not interested, talk to the friend of the girl you're interested in.

It's childish game playing BS written by an egomaniac.

Anyway,discussion of that tripe is against forum charter.

In other news,im goin to eindhoven on the 1st of August for 5 days with a couple of mates.

Got the flights for €82 return,noice!

• Advertisement

I dunno - maybe it's just me....but, I just think things like that is.....i dunno..... dodge, or off putting or something!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

The game is something I listened to on audiobook because it'd take less time to read it. It was a good call id have been annoyed for spending more time than I did taking it in.

I know people who claim it works and maybe it does but I've been a dick to women before and when I looked back on it I was disgusted with myself.

Id be a firm advocate that you're more likely to find happiness if you keep to your own path and treat people to your standards not somebody else's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Going to see Batman at 10am tomorrow whoooooooooooo!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Hopefully going to see it next week. Gonna try avoid the reviews though. I hate something being hyped up and then getting disappointed when you see it. :cool:

Larianne wrote: »
    Hopefully going to see it next week. Gonna try avoid the reviews though. I hate something being hyped up and then getting disappointed when you see it. :cool:

Sure I'll spoil it for ya anyways!:eek:

Panthro wrote: »

Do, and I'll be straight on a bus to Galway to whoop your ass!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Yes, I also. Don't have a day off 'til next Tuesday, so I'll be waiting too.

Do it and I'll end you! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Good Lord woman!! Coconutty bits everywhere!!

Yeah basically. Worth a read so it is. It's being slated bigtime but it's not that bad... it wasn't written to win any prizes...
    Wettest July on record :pac:

"The Game"? full of bull tbh. Had a quick read of maybe 15 pages in a bookshop before, I wont ever get those minutes back :mad:

523736_429506113760590_1564490562_n.jpg

written for idiots who confuse arrogance and assertiveness/self confidence is what it is
    stupid mind games

batman today :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭oddman2

bluewolf wrote: »
    written for idiots who confuse arrogance and assertiveness/self confidence is what it is
    stupid mind games

Don't you talk about Batman like that. :mad:

• Advertisement

nananananananana FISHING

"The Game"? full of bull tbh. Had a quick read of maybe 15 pages in a bookshop before, I wont ever get those minutes back :mad:
    bluewolf wrote: »
    stupid mind games

I dunno. My friend had the book, so I started to do some of the tasks in it. It did help me improve my communication skills. :D Didn't get to all this decieving/mind games playing parts though.

WOohoo! Friday. Drinks tonight. YAY!

Been listening to this theme all day in anticipation!! I cannot wait!! :D

So Batman goes anddddddd.....
    Nah I'll say nothing, but anyone that doesn't go see it will be banned from here for eternity and then some, it was EPIC!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

This brought me back!

Brilliant show! Can't wait to see it! Crazy what happened in the states. Very sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

So Batman goes anddddddd.....
    Nah I'll say nothing, but anyone that doesn't go see it will be banned from here for eternity and then some, it was EPIC!!!

*fingers in ears*

LALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALALALALA

Judge dredd omg omg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I probably won't go to see The Dark Knight :o

I finally got a Kindle :D

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    I really do want to see it. I'll wait until cinema's quiet down unless I'm asked to go some time soon.

Last big training cycle tomorrow before a 100km next week, looking forward to it! Hope the weather is good so I get a nice tan! :D

Yo stranger!
    Take it the cycling is going well? I did something to my knee cycling last week, so have rested it all week and gonna try cycle on it again tomorrow. Fingers crossed :o

• Advertisement

Heya! :)

The cycling is going well though I ain't been out since last Saturday. :o

Will be grand next weekend, I'm too stubborn not to finish. :D

What do you think you did? Hows your preparation going otherwise?

It felt like I twisted it or something, think I might have done it clicking out of the pedals. :(
    Other than that prep is going great, as long as it holds up tomorrow!

Us mere mortals will probably be better at keeping up with "dodgy knee Sauve" than with "perfectly healthy Sauve". :p

You'll be grand! :)

Hmmm, we'll see :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Shamelessly stolen from C&H...

*me scrolling* DAFUQ is this? Why am I reading this... *scroll* DAFUQ WAS THAT.
    http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=350217&no=31&weekday=tue

Damn you to hell :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Sums up my reaction when I first read that

burn_computer.gif

that fcuking comic! i am sitting in the dark on my own here damn you!

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I dunno. My friend had the book, so I started to do some of the tasks in it. It did help me improve my communication skills. :D Didn't get to all this decieving/mind games playing parts though.

WOohoo! Friday. Drinks tonight. YAY!
    Enjoy!

That book was written for guys though, right?
    I just got tingles :D

Batman! Batman Batman! (testing to see if he will rip my face off, like Candyman).

I remember when that came out, freaky :)

Here's a cool image (
    stare at the dot, after the image changes, look to another part of the image
    )

• Advertisement

Anyone else breaking their 'oles laughing at Ann Hathaway in the Princess Diaries on RTE2 at the min no?....me neither:$

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement