Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

New clothes are the job!

I'm wrecked, training tonight pretty much straight after work, then I'll probably go to the gym to do some additional fitness work...so far behind it's sick :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Afternoon all!! o/

Afternoon all!! o/
    How's GB - good weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

First years started today, can already see people eyeing up the fresh meat. :pac:

I is in a very small college, we need something to look at!

First years started today, can already see people eyeing up the fresh meat. :pac:

Bet they all have really high pitched voices - that'd go through me on a Monday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Glad you clarified it was college and not secondary school. :o

Well I assume the fact they're fresh meat is the reason they're called freshers. :)

I remember when I was in final year, seeing them and thinking they look as small and innocent to me as first years to leaving certs in secondary school.

Afternoon all!! o/

o/
    'ello!
    D'Agger wrote: »
    Bet they all have really high pitched voices - that'd go through me on a Monday!

They all look really old actually - dammit, not like secondary where there's name tags and biiiig bags to mark out the noobs for us!
    Good weekend then? :)

Also, college tracksuits appeared today. Feckin' hell, it's really happening!
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    Glad you clarified it was college and not secondary school.

In college, all grown up an shizz :P
    Well I assume the fact they're fresh meat is the reason they're called freshers.
    I remember when I was in final year, seeing them and thinking they look as small and innocent to me as first years to leaving certs in secondary school.

My college is tiny, there's a good bit of "OOH NEW PEOPLE!" going on.
    :D

They all look really old actually - dammit, not like secondary where there's name tags and biiiig bags to mark out the noobs for us!
    Good weekend then? :)

Yes, Yes it was thank you, and yours?

Those bags....awful stuff!!

How's GB - good weekend?

Hey D'aggs! yeah was good, long weekend starrting with the robbie williams gig on friday - cracker of a gig, and I wouldn't really consider myself that big a fan! put on one hell of a show! then it was relaxing wiht getting some course work done for the rest!

you?

And by "people" you mean "you" right!? :pac:
    o/
    'ello!

allo allo! hows your purpley self?! (no i will never forget that!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Just spent 2 hours bluffing my way through a lecture. Note to self do prep for your Monday lecture before you go away for the weekend!

My college is tiny, there's a good bit of "OOH NEW PEOPLE!" going on.
    :D

Now now, don't be corrupting the innocents, no matter how fun it is. :cool:
    Daisies wrote: »
    Just spent 2 hours bluffing my way through a lecture. Note to self do prep for your Monday lecture before you go away for the weekend!

Lecturers do prep? Could you not be like one of my lecturers when he'd come in after a night out and just put up slides for us to copy down?

Yes, Yes it was thank you, and yours?

Those bags....awful stuff!!

Was good! Got some work done and to hang out with some mates who have disappeared into teaching practice so was nice to catch up :)
    They're crazy aren't they? My little sister started secondary this year, size of some of the bags on them! They look like small worried turtles standing up.
    And by "people" you mean "you" right!? :pac:
    Now now, don't be corrupting the innocents, no matter how fun it is. :cool:

I'm just welcoming them... :P
    Whole college night out tonight, sorry folks making no promises!
    allo allo! hows your purpley self?! (no i will never forget that!)

:o Something told me you mightn't!
    Self is painted with henna and not purple stuff atm :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I have become an ultimate mosquito killer! *insert evil laugh*

I have become an ultimate mosquito killer! *insert evil laugh*

Maniacal laugh. Maniacal laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Just found out my house mate is goin to Australia in two weeks for a month,house to myself for the duration,yuss!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Necronos wrote: »
    Just found out my house mate is goin to Australia in two weeks for a month,house to myself for the duration,yuss!

PARTAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

F*ck, should have gone to bed hours ago. /facepalm

18AD wrote: »
    F*ck, should have gone to bed hours ago. /facepalm

And I'm just up now!

And I'm just up now!

You're getting up earlier and earlier!

You're getting up earlier and earlier!

Well, I'm an hour ahead and start work at 7:45. It's ridiculously early so I'm usually in bed by 10!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Necronos wrote: »

No pants dance in all the rooms!

I'm bate....c'mon weekend get here already!

I'm bate....c'mon weekend get here already!

+1, I wanna be back at the lake!

Morning all! I am in work today wearing my spiffing new tshirt.... check it out:

636x460design_01.jpg

Ohh Yeah - you all Jelly!!!

How is everyone today?

Morning all! I am in work today wearing my spiffing new tshirt.... check it out:

How is everyone today?

Love it!

I'm tired and hungry. How are you GB?

Don't talk to me about hungry - my fridge is broken so I can't have the usual breakfasts due to the food going off really quickly - hopefully will be able to get it fixed today or tomorrow....I miss having scrambled eggs in the morning.

Love it!

I'm tired and hungry. How are you GB?

Hungry - but hopped up on coffee.....

wwwweeeeeeeEEEEEEEEE
    Don't talk to me about hungry - my fridge is broken so I can't have the usual breakfasts due to the food going off really quickly - hopefully will be able to get it fixed today or tomorrow....I miss having scrambled eggs in the morning.

no fridge in work?

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

That is a deadly t-shirt grames, you should get a picture and put it in the know your clubbers thread! :D

Aw scrambled eggs for breakfast is the bee knees, haven't had that in aaages.. damn now I'm hungry!

There's a little girl in the waiting room, couldn't be more than 5 and she's reading a Star Wars encyclopaedia! I want my kids to be that cool! :p

Mmmmmmm coffee. Now if only my students would hurry up so I can go home for lunch!

no fridge in work?

No my fridge at home :( Getting onto the landlord today about it, it's something that needs to be done fairly sharpish.

• Advertisement

I should really remember to check back in here through out the day after i have posted!
    swapple wrote: »
    That is a deadly t-shirt grames, you should get a picture and put it in the know your clubbers thread! :D

ha! i would but I don't rea;;y fancy asking somsone in work to take a picture of me! bit weird!
    No my fridge at home :( Getting onto the landlord today about it, it's something that needs to be done fairly sharpish.

I mean do you not have one in work - stash your eggs, have them in work!

I should really remember to check back in here through out the day after i have posted!

ha! i would but I don't rea;;y fancy asking somsone in work to take a picture of me! bit weird!

I mean do you not have one in work - stash your eggs, have them in work!
    Couldn't do that I'm afraid - tiny kitchen and would involve having to bring in utensils etc. - basically I'm one of those people who only likes cooking in their own kitchen anyway where I have everything I need :o

Day....almost......DONE!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

You do realise eggs don't have to be kept in the fridge? Scramble away, my friend.

Honey-ec wrote: »
    You do realise eggs don't have to be kept in the fridge? Scramble away, my friend.
    Milk does though and twas off this morning

Milk does though and twas off this morning

Ah, ok. I don't put milk in my scrambled eggs.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    Ye can make them without milk I think.

They're way nicer without milk. Much more unctuous, and you don't get that awful liquid seeping out that makes your toast go soggy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Honey-ec wrote: »
    They're way nicer without milk. Much more unctuous, and you don't get that awful liquid seeping out that makes your toast go soggy...
    English please :pac:

I just put some butter, salt and pepper in my scrambled eggs and the odd time some cheese and tomato!

I am hungry! At least I don't have to cook dinner :D

I don't like scrambled eggs
    do love them boiled or fried
    french toast! that's what i would like

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    I don't like scrambled eggs
    do love them boiled or fried
    french toast! that's what i would like

Not the biggest fan of french toast! I had it before with Daisies and it was nice but not amazing...

I had some with bacon in a restaurant the other week and it was lovely
    nice with vanilla essence
    they keep recommending syrup, I'll have to try that sometime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

French toast with maple syrup!

Or fried bread! So unhealthily delicious.

I bought a CD today. Does anyone still do that?

Scrambled egg with milk, french toast with maple syrup anything else is simply unethical! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

So, bought some exfoliating face wash stuff today...wondering if anyone can direct me to the desk where I hand in a man card?

Dagger don't knock eggs and cheese!
    Kev.OC wrote: »
    So, bought some exfoliating face wash stuff today...wondering if anyone can direct me to the desk where I hand in a man card?
    Awec is a regular there! :pac:

• Advertisement

Nothing wrong with it g'way outa that you exfoliated beast!

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

I love the dove skincare ads
    women are all satin and silk
    men are all TOUGH LEATHER RAR
    Anyway exfoliating is ok

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Nothing wrong with it g'way outa that you exfoliated beast!
    bluewolf wrote: »
    I love the dove skincare ads
    women are all satin and silk
    men are all TOUGH LEATHER RAR
    Anyway exfoliating is ok

Well if ye say so. Friend kept saying that to me too for ages, but I'm slow to come around. Must really have a think and ask myself, what would Tom Selleck do? :pac:

18AD wrote: »
    I bought a CD today. Does anyone still do that?

I do on occasion for Irish artists

Well if ye say so. Friend kept saying that to me too for ages, but I'm slow to come around. Must really have a think and ask myself, what would Tom Selleck do? :pac:

Grow a moustache and make it look good?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement