Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Evening all. Just back from an epic 3 day festival at the lake. Do not want to go back to reality tomorrow! I'm so sleepy zzzzzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

I could have told you that!!! :pac:

WAAAAYYY---OOOAAAHHH! :D

Shup you!
    I am plenty wisdomous.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Morning all. Back to reality and it sucks ass!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

awec wrote: »
    My head is up my ass tonight. :(
    And I can't sleep...

I'd imagine those two problems are related somehow :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Daisies wrote: »
    Morning all. Back to reality and it sucks ass!
    My head is up my ass tonight. :(

There appears to be an obsession with ass in here lately.. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

ToxicPaddy wrote: »

There appears to be an obsession with ass in here lately.. :confused:
    The obsession has always been there!!

When I quote on my phone it only quotes the last reply, not all the replys in the reply :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Morning all! o/

• Advertisement

Morning grames.

Well the obsession with ass is not necessarily a bad thing. Depending on the quality of ass obviously!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Morning grames.

Well the obsession with ass is not necessarily a bad thing. Depending on the quality of ass obviously!

well between heads up and suck of, it doesn't appear to matter.. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Ah lads. Lots of tired ickyness in here today.
    Yiz poor things :(

Morning grames.

Morning Dais!! Hows youself today?

wiggle,wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Walking Dead season 3 off to a flyer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Where have ye been! You're a quiet one these days!

Im around :)
    Happy belated birthday btw, hope it was a good 'un

That_Guy wrote: »
    Walking Dead season 3 off to a flyer.

Was a cracker alright! have you read the comics?

I f*cking love giving blood!! Such a brilliant feeling!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Queued for 2 hours to give blood in college, went through all the tests until I was asked for a letter from my physio because I had dry needle therapy on a shoulder injury and they needed to certify that steralized needles were used....

To an extent I understand why this is so...but ffs what chartered physio doesn't use steralized/disposable needles?

Haven't gone back since, but should def look into it.

Only just finished rehearsing. :( *flops down on floor*

Good man yourself!
    I love that too, fainted on them the last time (didn't mind though cos I always wanted to know what fainting was like*). Don't think I can donate for another few weeks but I ain't doing that til after teaching practice.

*Yes, I know that's not completely normal. And now that I have, I never want to again!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,315 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm not allowed to give blood since I was born in England and didn;t move over here when I was 2. Who woulda thought they would dislike the possibility of being contaminated with English blood, even though both my parents are Irish?

Also something to do with the possiblility of the blood being contaminated with something they can't screen, so instead they just stop a lot of the population of Ireland from donating then complain they don't have enough donors

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,522 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I fainted during Junior Cert Science 'cos I'm a feckin' lightweight. :pac: Although, I remember sitting down doing my homework whilst my mother was giving blood and some eejit, not from the IBTS, told me to take my 'lessons' elsewhere. :mad: Wasn't disrupting anyone.

A pretty productive day. :) How all?

Just had a packet of Monster Munch thanks to the AMAZING Pem! Nom nom

I love giving blood, it's something I think everyone who can do should. However after my dodgy travelling and the IBTS restrictions, it's likely that I woun't be able to give again for a gazillion years

• Advertisement

Thank fcuk we beat the Faroes.
    I fainted during Junior Cert Science 'cos I'm a feckin' lightweight. :pac: Although, I remember sitting down doing my homework whilst my mother was giving blood and some eejit, not from the IBTS, told me to take my 'lessons' elsewhere. :mad: Wasn't disrupting anyone.

A pretty productive day. :) How all?

That's ridiculous!
    I've no idea why I fainted, was chatting away to the nurse not a bother, then...boom, gone. Scared the life outta her, and woke up convinced I was still knocked out, kept shushing her "so I could wake up in a minute". :o
    Just had a packet of Monster Munch thanks to the AMAZING Pem! Nom nom

Awww :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,522 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Putting yourself forward for the Ireland job? :pac:

I'll stick to managing my 1st class for the next few weeks I think, then we'll see... :P

I happily know nothing about football, but working at that game was horrendous, and the slagging from my mate in Germany wasn't much more fun!

Ah, being football illiterate's not too bad. :P

• Advertisement

I ignore soccer where possible.

I'm very sleepy today but still in a good mood :)

Morning all!

Morning Pem (et al).

I'm sleepy too. Did an exercise DVD last night and don't feel as stiff or sore as I thought I would today. WIN!

Good man yourself!
    I love that too, fainted on them the last time (didn't mind though cos I always wanted to know what fainting was like*). Don't think I can donate for another few weeks but I ain't doing that til after teaching practice.

I've given blood 27 times now - the last time f*cking flew - I actually though he stopped it half way as it only took about 5 minutes! Not surprised you fainted - sure you are only fecking tiny!
    I love giving blood, it's something I think everyone who can do should. However after my dodgy travelling and the IBTS restrictions, it's likely that I woun't be able to give again for a gazillion years

Couldn't agree more with the bit in bold! I don't undersdtand why people don't - and the "I don't want to" brigade annoys the f*ck out of me!

they have done away wiht alot of restrictions regarding travel and donating, you should contact them and see!

now that I have dealt with last nights messages - MORNING ALL!! :) o/

I did last november and fainted
    been sick or exhausted on and off so hasn't been a good idea to go back yet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

The iron test jab is worse than the needle to take the blood. They call me every couple of months to demand my sweet delicious baby saving blood.

Couldn't agree more with the bit in bold! I don't undersdtand why people don't - and the "I don't want to" brigade annoys the f*ck out of me!

they have done away wiht alot of restrictions regarding travel and donating, you should contact them and see!
    /

What I hate is the "I don't like needles" people. Well one in 4 will need a blood transfusion and that means at least one person you know will need it. I don't like needles either but I deal.

Hmmmm interesting. I'll definitely get in contact with them when I get back but being on malaria tabs for a year, visiting a yellow fever country all count against me!

Morning Pem (et al).

I'm sleepy too. Did an exercise DVD last night and don't feel as stiff or sore as I thought I would today. WIN!
    Morning and wuhooo :D

They don't want my blood :( I gave it before and they don't want it again as I am a rare blood type.

Morning Grames!

bluewolf wrote: »
    I did last november and fainted
    been sick or exhausted on and off so hasn't been a good idea to go back yet

That's fair enough - no point even attempting it if you are unwell or fatigued!

I always find 99% of the time people who faint do so because they are not hydrated enough or don't have enough to eat.

have a massive feed before hand, and plenty of water through out the day is your only man. I am such a pro now I am allowed have coffee after it (normally a big no no as it dehydrates you but i can handle it *manly smug face* )
    Maguined wrote: »
    The iron test jab is worse than the needle to take the blood. They call me every couple of months to demand my sweet delicious baby saving blood.

Iron test jab has changed - they don't do it from the tip of your finger anymore - they do it from the side - imagine the place where you would hold a pencil to......you barely feel it now as your finger probably has built up calluses there! much easier way to do it!

I want to give blood more frequently than three months - that is just too long!
    What I hate is the "I don't like needles" people. Well one in 4 will need a blood transfusion and that means at least one person you know will need it. I don't like needles either but I deal.

Cannot STAND those people, :mad: if they were in hospital and needed an IV drip would they go "no no - don't do that to save me,m I fdon't like needles"
    Hmmmm interesting. I'll definitely get in contact with them when I get back but being on malaria tabs for a year, visiting a yellow fever country all count against me!

Worth giving them a shout - you will be put on the "no list" for a while i'd say but I don't think it will be as bad as you imagine!
    Pembily wrote: »
    They don't want my blood :( I gave it before and they don't want it again as I am a rare blood type.

Morning Grames!

morning missus!

That makes no sense - surely a rare blood type would be in high demand so they would almost demand you come back! I know agent smith gives regularly for this reason!

Iron test jab has changed - they don't do it from the tip of your finger anymore - they do it from the side - imagine the place where you would hold a pencil to......you barely feel it now as your finger probably has built up calluses there! much easier way to do it!

Tell that to the Westmoreland St. clinic, I go there every 3 months (sometimes more) and they still do it on the centre tip to me every time!

• Advertisement

I always find 99% of the time people who faint do so because they are not hydrated enough or don't have enough to eat.
    Trust me, I drink water like a fish all day. That particular day I'd had steak and potatoes and chocolate beforehand. Just bad luck or something I suppose

When I turned 18, my Mam basically frog marched me to the next clinic in our home town. I've fainted twice afterwards but the other times I have been fine. Both times I reckon it was due to not eating enough beforehand

That makes no sense - surely a rare blood type would be in high demand so they would almost demand you come back! I know agent smith gives regularly for this reason!
    He is a popular blood type. My blood type can only be given to people of the same blood type and as blood doesn't keep, they prefer people of popular blood types like O as it can be given to everyone.

Daisies I can imagine your mom marching you in :P

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Morning! :)

I'm just so glad it worked yesterday, last time I tried to donate I didn't have enough to eat beforehand and got all queasy - so annoyed at myself! Learned my lesson though, just kept eating throughout the day and voila, no problems :) And then all the biccies and fizzy drinks after! :D
    Trust me, I drink water like a fish all day. That particular day I'd had steak and potatoes and chocolate beforehand. Just bad luck or something I suppose

..and now I'm hungry! :o
    Don't know what's going on there? You're hydrated and you have your iron from the steak.. maybe you just need more steak! :p

Tell that to the Westmoreland St. clinic, I go there every 3 months (sometimes more) and they still do it on the centre tip to me every time!

I was in there yesterday - it's only a new thing now!

sometimes they can't be explained - the second time i gave blood i got really dizzy but it was down to my own chivalry and stupidity, i was on one of the rexax beds after donating and this girl sat down besdie me, she started to feel unwell as if she was going to faint so i got up to allow her to lie down, hadn't rested enough, colour completely drained from my face within minutes....back to the bed i go!! :p
    When I turned 18, my Mam basically frog marched me to the next clinic in our home town. I've fainted twice afterwards but the other times I have been fine. Both times I reckon it was due to not eating enough beforehand

99% of the time i hear that's the reason! your mam sounds like a legend!! :pac:
    Pembily wrote: »
    He is a popular blood type. My blood type can only be given to people of the same blood type and as blood doesn't keep, they prefer people of popular blood types like O as it can be given to everyone.

mental sh!t altogether!! :pac:
    swapple wrote: »
    Morning! :)
    ..and now I'm hungry! :o
    Don't know what's going on there? You're hydrated and you have your iron from the steak.. maybe you just need more steak! :p

Morning! :p o/

Moar steak is ALWAYS the correct answer!!

to ALL of lifes problems!! :D

99% of the time i hear that's the reason! your mam sounds like a legend!! :pac:

She may also have done it to all of my neighbours and wouldn't take any excuses. Her reasoning is if you can give, you should! She's not a lady to disagree with!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

She may also have done it to all of my neighbours and wouldn't take any excuses. Her reasoning is if you can give, you should! She's not a lady to disagree with!

It's a good argument though!

I was in there yesterday - it's only a new thing now!

Happy days, I gave 3 or 4 weeks ago and they stung me good!

My brother suggested that there should be a record of every ones blood donations and you can only receive in hospital as much as you have donated over the years. Everyone would be flocking through the clinics doors.

Absolute Legend!!
    swapple wrote: »
    It's a good argument though!

It's the only arguement IMO!
    My brother suggested that there should be a record of every ones blood donations and you can only receive in hospital as much as you have donated over the years. Everyone would be flocking through the clinics doors.

Well technically they do - if you ever need a blood transfusion - you are credited the number of pints you have donated - so if people are really selfish about it there is that reason! (you shouldn't have to sell it like that to people though!)

but i woul love to see a "no donation - no transfusion" rule come in - But my god think of the outrage!!

• Advertisement

but i woul love to see a "no donation - no transfusion" rule come in - But my god think of the outrage!!
    Not fair to people who can't donate!

Both my parents can't donate through no fault of their own. They had jaundice as babies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement