Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Pembily wrote: »
    Not fair to people who can't donate!

Both my parents can't donate through no fault of their own. They had jaundice as babies.

oh that's fine of course! I aint discriminating against people who physically can't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

I've given blood 27 times now - the last time f*cking flew - I actually though he stopped it half way as it only took about 5 minutes! Not surprised you fainted - sure you are only fecking tiny!

:pac:
    I've donated four times now, bounced in straight away the day after I turned 18, normally am grand! Dunno what it was that day. :o
    Maguined wrote: »
    My brother suggested that there should be a record of every ones blood donations and you can only receive in hospital as much as you have donated over the years. Everyone would be flocking through the clinics doors.

Where have you been hiding?

I've donated four times now, bounced in straight away the day after I turned 18, normally am grand! Dunno what it was that day. :o

Lack of food / water I would guess - or if you were fatigued! or just sometimes sh!t happens! :pac:

Rock in Rio next year sounds fantastic! Metallica, Iron Maiden and Bruce Springsteen! :eek: \m/

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Where have you been hiding?

In Canada eh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

awec wrote: »
    The balloon on my desk keeps blowing about in the breeze caused by the open window and keeps freaking me out, I keep thinking someone is behind me :o

No I'm not It's nothing, go back to work

In Canada eh.

When are you back from Canadia land?

When are you back from Canadia land?

Flew back in Monday. In work today and still knackered from jet lag and an overdose of maple syrup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Flew back in Monday. In work today and still knackered from jet lag and an overdose of maple syrup.
    There is no such thing as an overdose of maple syrup!

I think I will make pancakes at the weekend :D

There is no such thing as an overdose of maple syrup!

I think I will make pancakes at the weekend :D

When its a families home made pure unprocessed strong stuff you can, it's too strong for mortal man!

• Advertisement

When its a families home made pure unprocessed strong stuff you can, it's too strong for mortal man!
    Pffft sure you aren't a mortal :P

Pffft sure you aren't a moral man :P

I think you meant this. :p

I think you meant this. :p
    Well I didn't want to out you but :P

I prefer golden syrup with pancakes

bluewolf wrote: »
    I prefer golden syrup with pancakes
    Been putting it in my porridge these mornings....nom

Ugh, golden syrup.

Earlier was just leaving college when a woman walked up to me and asked "do you know where I'd get some guys in here for a survey?"

The survey was basically drinking and getting paid for it, somehow that really wasn't a problem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Ugh, golden syrup.

Earlier was just leaving college when a woman walked up to me and asked "do you know where I'd get some guys in here for a survey?"

The survey was basically drinking and getting paid for it, somehow that really wasn't a problem!

What do you mean ugh,golden syrup,ya owld fashioned whelp.

:mad:

Me has job interview tomorrow so trying to prep me bollocks off for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Lack of food / water I would guess - or if you were fatigued! or just sometimes sh!t happens! :pac:

Rock in Rio next year sounds fantastic! Metallica, Iron Maiden and Bruce Springsteen! :eek: \m/
    Where there is Springsteen, there is awesome :D

Evening 0/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

So tonight's workout turned into 2 hours of post workout wine!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Daisies wrote: »

Meet your sister.

Except replace wine with general sitting around watching crap tv. And take away the workout... ;)

Worth it though. I know so much more about Debutantes now than I ever did before, or ever wanted to know probably!

• Advertisement

Necronos wrote: »
    What do you mean ugh,golden syrup,ya owld fashioned whelp.

:mad:

Me has job interview tomorrow so trying to prep me bollocks off for that.

Owld fashioned whelp? Ara shup you ya aul one, I sticks to what I likes.
    And good luck tomorrow!

I hate you. :P
    Meet your sister.

Except replace wine with general sitting around watching crap tv. And take away the workout... ;)

Worth it though. I know so much more about Debutantes now than I ever did before, or ever wanted to know probably!

*adds to list*

Todays work on assignments turned into 3 hours crashed out on my bed.....I just got home and fell asleep right away!
    Meant to be out tonight but just couldn't hack it. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Meet your sister.

Ha, this was my evening, too! I made many attempts to exercise this evening but was foiled at every turn. So I decided the universe was telling me I needed a rest :pac:
    That debs show was shocking!

Best of luck in the interview, Necronos.

I know so much more about Debutantes now than I ever did before, or ever wanted to know probably!
    About what now??

That cycle home was not fun, the weather is horrible and even though I am lit up like a freaking Christmas tree motorists don't seem to be able to see me :mad:

I love typing on my new keypad :)

D can I have some wine??

Good luck tomorrow Nec.

Golden syrup is much nicer than maple but I am not fussy :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Wine was good, despite our vow for a detox week! Also may have decided to go on safari in 3 weeks. Text the boy to see if he could be the guide etc:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

About what now??

The amazing and life changing search for Ireland's Ultimate debutante was on TV3.

I.e. some young ones who had cameras follow them to their debs and then spoke about how winning the title of the best debutante would prove to them that all they had done in their lives (an astonishing 18 years) was worthwhile and purposeful.

I tell you lads, whoever wins that, will make some things happen in this world. More bad programming for TV3 more than likely. :rolleyes:

Hope you were ok cycling Pem! Weather atrocious! It was one of the things preventing me from exercising. You know how it is, getting into one's car and driving to the gym 3minutes away is terribly perilous when it's drizzling. I couldn't take the risk. ;)

Wine was good, despite our vow for a detox week! Also may have decided to go on safari in 3 weeks. Text the boy to see if he could be the guide etc:D
    I am sure he will guide you :P ;)

I am sure he will guide you :P ;)

HILARIOUS! One of the girls was already making jokes about needing to share a tent!

I am in a disney soundtrack mood. Was look for some to download (legally of course :p) but my torrent is acting up! If someone would like to suggest (ie share) music with me, let me know. I'm feeling terribly isolated from music!

HILARIOUS! One of the girls was already making jokes about needing to share a tent!

I am in a disney soundtrack mood. Was look for some to download (legally of course :p) but my torrent is acting up! If someone would like to suggest (ie share) music with me, let me know. I'm feeling terribly isolated from music!
    I'm sure his tent will be big enough for both of ye ;) You'll be able to help him pitch it :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Wine. Bring it.

Give it here lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

You breaking out the fine wine tonight Sauve?

buckfast_tonic_wine.jpg

Oh you cheeky little.... :pac:

Nah, coffee all the way here tonight I'm afraid. Going to bed now. In a minute. Soon....

I'm sure his tent will be big enough for both of ye ;) You'll be able to help him pitch it :p

I told Elaine she could have my tent :p

Morning all. I get to spend the day invigilating exams, fantastic. 3 books and a fully charged laptop at the ready

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Since coming to Canada I've managed two things:
    Find Walking Dead to be amazing
    Find Misfits to be amazing

Which is good because I've just downloaded Misfits season2!

Think I've a job sorted (fingers crossed) as a finishing carpenter. Not entirely sure what that's all about but sure how hard can it be. I'll know in a few days for sure.

Enjoy supervising D :)

Panthro best of luck with the job.

Morning all. I got up and went for my run*, am happy but it was tough.

*I'm only starting so running in between walking but going for a run sounds better :pac:

• Advertisement

Good work, pemb! You can do it :)

Panthro wrote: »
    Since coming to Canada I've managed two things:
    Find Walking Dead to be amazing
    Find Misfits to be amazing

Which is good because I've just downloaded Misfits season2!

Think I've a job sorted (fingers crossed) as a finishing carpenter. Not entirely sure what that's all about but sure how hard can it be. I'll know in a few days for sure.
    If it's what it's like in Ireland then I know a finisher - does fitting etc. good money in it afaik so could be a good trade to learn.

Best of luck P :)

Morning all!!

Best of luck to all the new jobees and the interviewees!!

I meant to actually watch that stupid debs show - my friend courtney is on it (she is the stylist!) -ah well I watched house instead! :D

Fingers crossed for ya Panthro.

F me but it's hot in this exam room.

• Advertisement

You know, the very first time I met you, that fateful night in Cassidys, I came away thinking to myself that you would make a fine finishing carpenter.

True story.

See Pem? I told ya cassidys was f*cking awesome!! :pac:

You're not helping your case here ;p

How exactly does that mean that Cassidys is awesome? :confused:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Must visit this Cassidys place soon, seeing as I only live a 10 minute walk away.. :cool:

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Must visit this Cassidys place soon, seeing as I only live a 10 minute walk away.. :cool:
    Pop along to beers as Messers is only 4 min from Cassidys :)

^^ this!!

I'd say a few of us will have a tipple in cassidys first before the beers - bitta soakage and pints! :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

when is the beers in Messers?

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    when is the beers in Messers?
    Do you just read this thread :P

Beers, beers, beers :)

Do you just read this thread :P

Beers, beers, beers :)

Pretty much, yeah.. though I wont be here that weekend :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

You know, the very first time I met you, that fateful night in Cassidys, I came away thinking to myself that you would make a fine finishing carpenter.

True story.

And look at us now eh? Years later and we are happily engaged to be wed, man I love Cassidys!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement