Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

awec wrote: »
    Look at us indeed, we are fabulous. :cool:

In the words of Berlin, and in my deepest ladylike voice: Take my breath awayyyyy....

I took more than your breath...I took your innocence!:eek:

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Pem, you gots competition. :pac:
    I hate to interrupt the bromance but I just saw this..
    I'd say a few of us will have a tipple in cassidys first before the beers - bitta soakage and pints! :)

Oh hell yes! Assuming I haven't died by lesson plans by then. :p

Now, I was going to ask Nec how he got on with the interview, but he completely blanked me in the street today so I'll have a teenage sulk instead!
    *slams door*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Got sent a letter a couple of weeks ago from the NCBI about a trip to Belgium as part of a summit type thing for people with visual impairments and future employment and shtuff.

Got a call today. I'm on the shortlist. Have an interview on Monday morning for it. Only 8 people from Ireland are selected. To even make it this far is pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Pem, you gots competition. :pac:
    I hate to interrupt the bromance but I just saw this..

Oh hell yes! Assuming I haven't died by lesson plans by then. :p

Now, I was going to ask Nec how he got on with the interview, but he completely blanked me in the street today so I'll have a teenage sulk instead!
    *slams door*

:confused:

Did you say "Hello Nec" ? In which case I can understand him missing you.

What you need to say is: "well nec ye big bearded bollocks ye!!" at the top of your voice. :)

Cheeky bollix. :p
    Necronos wrote: »
    :confused:

:(
    TG thought he saw me in Coppers a while back though, maybe there's just a lot of twins wandering around. :P
    (oh, and good luck with the interview TG!)

TG thought he saw me in Coppers a while back though, maybe there's just a lot of twins wandering around. :P
    (oh, and good luck with the interview TG!)

CamiCazeCat is your twin. ;)

And thank you lass. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,523 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Good luck, TG.

Evening.

• Advertisement

Sleeeeeepy.

4xGNI.gif

Morning everyone, happy friday!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,523 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Wooohooo its Friday.. no idea why I'm excited, but I am :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

That_Guy wrote: »
    Got sent a letter a couple of weeks ago from the NCBI about a trip to Belgium as part of a summit type thing for people with visual impairments and future employment and shtuff.

Got a call today. I'm on the shortlist. Have an interview on Monday morning for it. Only 8 people from Ireland are selected. To even make it this far is pretty good.

Best of luck with the interview buddy :)
    maybe there's just a lot of twins wandering around. :P

Or Estonian prostitutes :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Lie ins are f*cking awesome!! Been way too long!!

How are we all today?

T_G: best of luck with the interview - congrats on getting this far bro!!

Really looking forward to this weekend after being sick for the past two.

Heading into a broke week until wages come in but training tonight then chilling and tomorrow, let the cleaning commence :)

• Advertisement

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Wooohooo its Friday.. no idea why I'm excited, but I am :o

You just answered why, it's Friday!
    D'Agger wrote: »
    Or Estonian prostitutes :pac:

Well, in fairness this was Coppers... :pac:

You just answered why, it's Friday!

Well, in fairness this was Coppers... :pac:
    I must return to Coppers someday....I'm in no rush though!

D'Agger wrote: »
    I must return to Coppers someday....I'm in no rush though!

I love Coppers. :o

..Actually no, not even ashamed of that!
    I'm going to a 21st tomorrow, might try drag some people in there after. (Damn this thread, giving me ideas! :pac: )

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I love Coppers. :o

..Actually no, not even ashamed of that!

You're a teacher, is it not part of the teacher training to love Coppers???

Swampy McSwamperson,oh yes.

• Advertisement

Swampy McSwamperson,oh yes.

Few drinks neccy??

Few drinks neccy??

I may be face down in a trough o Guinney alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I may be face down in a trough o Guinney alright.
    I'm face down in a wine bucket :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,315 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Crappy week of work over. Not back until the 30th. :D

Enjoy!

Bit of a strange email from a classmate. Methinks our lecturer is a bit confused. :confused:

Must go for a run later.

Neccy, Pem, did ye survive?
    Daisies wrote: »
    You're a teacher, is it not part of the teacher training to love Coppers???

I wish there was an exam in Coppers.

Teeeeeeaaaacher? Where did you study?

Coppers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Evening all. Tis amazing how productive I can be on a Saturday when I'm not hungover,
    Workout - tick
    Halloween costume - tick
    Groceries - tick
    Afternoon beers - tick

31 degrees today at 4pm! Madness

What does your workout involve? :)

What does your workout involve? :)

Over here it's exercise DVDs. My friend has 4 Jillian Michael's that we do on rotation. Tried running before work but I love my bed too much (I start work at 7:45) and it's dark by 6:15

• Advertisement

Ah right, fair play. Good to keep up a routine of some sort.

Ah right, fair play. Good to keep up a routine of some sort.

Defiantly need something to counteract the fact that most meals are carb +meat. Need something to stop me coming home the size of a house!

Halloween costume - tick

This year I didn't have time to get a decent costume together so going as a vampire I think - decided to put a bit more work into my makeup because it felt too boring! Part of it involves gluing my eyebrows now. :o
    Teeeeeeaaaacher? Where did you study?

Coppers.

Ahh don't start, I have three weeks of "Teacher? Teacher? Teacher?" coming up as it is!
    Last year I had a months worth of dreams where something was chasing me yelling "Miss ****! Miss ****!" during teaching practice, though some of the dreams have kicked in already haven't gotten that one just yet. :pac:

Good luck on the next placement, then. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Neccy, Pem, did ye survive?
    I did and I'm heading out soon for round 2, I'm too old for this craic :pac:

Family meal today. :) Morning.

Evening all. I think I have killed my immune system. I've had at least 3 alcoholic drinks every day for the past week! Now I have a chesty cough and a stuffed nose. :( Detox and lemon and honey for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

This year I didn't have time to get a decent costume together so going as a vampire I think - decided to put a bit more work into my makeup because it felt too boring! Part of it involves gluing my eyebrows now. :o

After the purple hand escapade this should be interesting. :p

Was too lazy and never organised a halloween costume, what crap can I summon up in less than a week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

My immune system is fooked, too? Daisies. It's beginning to think wine is a food group! :eek: Defo time for a mini detox.

Morning all 0/ Last full week before holidays. Huzzah! :D

• Advertisement

Morning all.

Spent all weekend resting, played a training match yesterday and yet I'm bate this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Maguined wrote: »

Was too lazy and never organised a halloween costume, what crap can I summon up in less than a week?

If you're willing to join the ranks of the DC villians you could probably put a Scarecrow costume together pretty snappy. You need a suit, glasses and a sack (which, if you can't find probably wouldn't be a big deal as long as you're hanging out with the other villians! :D)

swapple wrote: »

If you're willing to join the ranks of the DC villians you could probably put a Scarecrow costume together pretty snappy. You need a suit, glasses and a sack (which, if you can't find probably wouldn't be a big deal as long as you're hanging out with the other villians! :D)

YES! YES! YES!!

(we do also need a penguin too if you old prefer that!)

This interview went ok. I'll find out tomorrow.

This interview went ok. I'll find out tomorrow.
    Hope it goes well for you bud, good news required after losing 2points yesterday :pac:

Good luck TG :)
    Maguined wrote: »

Shup you....I probably shouldn't tell you I'm concealing them and drawing them back on again then. :pac:
    Completely changed costume idea, doing an Alice in Wonderland thing now! And yes, still gluing the eyebrows...gimme another six hours and it'll have changed again :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

6pm and it's dark outside :(

Welcome to my world!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Welcome to my world!

Your working out in...
    Dude, that's racist, not cool brah not cool!

Morning. :)
    Driving test at 10.

On my way to meet the class!
    Morning. :)
    Driving test at 10.

Good luck :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement