Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

awec you need a ma-hoo-sive night out it sounds like!!

I read that with a picture of a cow in my head :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

My head is melted TP! But otherwise good, going for a cycle tonight, should help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I've to go in doing over time tonight.
    I said 12hrs but if I make the 8hr mark I might just have to skedaddle the hell on out of there!

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Heading into work yesterday, woman on the Dart saw my uniform and asked "Oh, you working at the Aviva? ...Will you get to meet Madonna?".

Madge banned everyone from the stadium during her soundcheck yesterday, so somehow I'd say meet and greets with us ain't top of her to do list. :pac:

Also, there's a shocking amount of people out there who don't seem to know the alphabet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Don't know the alphabet?!

Explain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

How can someone not know the alaphabet?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

You'd think they should be able to...in fairness most people could manage to understand that K is after J and find their own seats.
    I have a special hatred for the ones that couldn't...mahoosive amounts of drink probably weren't helping though. :D

Oh, and there was a great moment when Madonna asked the crowd were they all good Catholics. Cue a lot of uncomfortable shuffling and her going "Oh, so you're bad Catholics? Well...I hope ya'll are spiritual, because while I sing this next song we're all gonna pray it stops raining." :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Morning all..

Nice to see the sunshine back again.. completely cloudless sky, tis lovely.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Tis gorgeous out there alright plus I've got a date with a smokin hottie this evening!

/brag

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Necronos wrote: »
    Tis gorgeous out there alright plus I've got a date with a smokin hottie this evening!

/brag

Niiiice!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

/brag

Ooh! And will we get to meet this smokin hottie at the beers?! :D

Good morning indeed! :cool:

swapple wrote: »

Hang on now, we dont wanna scare the bejesus outta here.. not yet anyway.. :D

You'd think they should be able to...in fairness most people could manage to understand that K is after J and find their own seats.

That happened in the point many a time too! Idiots! Although it doesn't help that Row I doesn't exist - neither does row O - so people just count rows (knowing the alphabet) and don't realise so they are in the wrong row!

/brag

2efa7844_South-Park-nice.jpeg
    swapple wrote: »

Everyone will - you already said you are going!!

tumblr_lyfnwkheRH1qhv6pa.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Hon necronos kiiiid! :)

Taken to cutting down on the sugar i put in my coffee, enjoying a big mug now, delicious stuff!

Ive cut sugar out altogether!! Surprisingly easy! :D

ill be doing my best to cut off sugar again starting next week
    fingers crossed

bluewolf wrote: »
    ill be doing my best to cut off sugar again starting next week
    fingers crossed

Start using sweetener if needs be to easy you into it! :)

Start using sweetener if needs be to easy you into it! :)

no i dont mean in coffee i mean eating sugary foods
    :) chocolate or whatever
    back to healthy eating

i never did put sugar in my coffee

I couldnt go without sugar in coffee or tea but trying to wean myself off it. Have cut down on soft drinks, crisps and chocolate hugely, I have a weakness for pastries though!

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    no i dont mean in coffee i mean eating sugary foods
    :) chocolate or whatever
    back to healthy eating

i never did put sugar in my coffee

haha whoops :o

Ive been off chocolate and for the most part fizzy drinks since last september!

I wish i could say the same about crisps! :o

Im also off most kinds of dairy too, the only bit of dairy i eat is a small bit of cheese or a tiny bit of butter!

trying to cut down on carbs too! But that is working out well so far :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I still have an unopened bag of sugar I bought when I moved into my flat 3 years ago.

No idea what state it's in now, but I kind of like leaving it there unopened as a symbol.

I don't use sugar in tea, a small bit in coffee as I find it fairly bitter but apart from that, I wouldnt be a big fan of sweet things..

Savoury stuff is my downfall, cheese, crackers, crisps etc :(

Trick is to drink real coffee. Ground beans and use a drip filter or a french press! this tastes better than instant (by a great deal) and cuts out the need for sugar or milk!

I used to have both in my coffee but now it's black! you can taste the coffee more that way!

And if coffee is too bitter for you....go with a medium or blonde blend!

Trick is to drink real coffee. Ground beans and use a drip filter or a french press! this tastes better than instant (by a great deal) and cuts out the need for sugar or milk!

I used to have both in my coffee but now it's black! you can taste the coffee more that way!

And if coffee is too bitter for you....go with a medium or blonde blend!
    Used to have a perculator and thought it was the nicest coffee of all time....until I got a Philips senseo pod coffee machine for half price - my life hasn't been the same since.

I've also started using cream in my coffee rather than milk - sooooo much tastier imo

PaulieC wrote: »
    Used to have a perculator and thought it was the nicest coffee of all time....until I got a Philips senseo pod coffee machine for half price - my life hasn't been the same since

link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Sugar? Gave it up two years ago. Wasnt easy, but cutting it completely worked for me.

Also looked up that Necronos uncut video trailer mentioned in the beers thread, very cheesy, with some nekkidness and blood? Thumbs up!

Can't wait to go for a run in a while, after a 14km walk through town to North Bull Island yesterday, it'll be nice :D

I went for a 14 km walk this morning!! It was so nice!

Might go on another short one later on just to keep busy!

Im hoping to start running soon just building it up for the moment :)

morning all..

Morning TP - hows you?

• Advertisement

Morning TP - hows you?

Tired, broke and glad its the weekend (and nearly payday)..

That about sums it up in a nutshell.. :D

Hows you Mr. Bond?

I'm good! theres a festival on in Mlaahide this weekend - funfair, pewtting zoo, competitions, free BBQ's., and live music! So it's the place to be! and drinking cans on the street is a nice throw back to days gone by!! :p

going to be mental - but great fun!

Morning all :)

Can't wait to head out for a few beverages tonight then lie in tomorrow morning!

I'm good! theres a festival on in Mlaahide this weekend - funfair, pewtting zoo, competitions, free BBQ's., and live music! So it's the place to be! and drinking cans on the street is a nice throw back to days gone by!! :p

going to be mental - but great fun!

oh?? Might pop out for an aul gander so.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭oddman2

Woke up this morning with the sun streaming through my window and it made me think of this song. My (un)reliable memory tells me that this was playing as I woke up every single sunny morning of my childhood. Love it! :D

It's Friday and I have chocolate cake :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

It's Friday and im goin for a dunder of Guinness.

Check and mate.

I'll pop in tomorrow to see how hungover we all are...I'm heading home for some home made carbonara, white russians and town with the lads....installing myself as favourite in the betting stakes at 1/5 to be full on dying tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

BOHS V DUNDALK TONIGHT!!!

Oh Friday night football, how I have missed thee.

Morning all, how are the heads?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Pembily wrote: »
    Morning all, how are the heads?

Made a drinking game out of the Olympic opening ceremony with my girlfriend.

She's still not awake...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Didn't get home til 6am.... So very tired.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Made a drinking game out of the Olympic opening ceremony with my girlfriend.

She's still not awake...

I saw that on Twitter as a suggested game and the last time I did drinking games was with the Eurovision and it was not my best idea.

What did ye drink for? Every country ye hadn't heard of? You totally owe her breakfast!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I love waking up Saturday morning and not having a hangover! I don't love neighbours having all night parties where one couple decide to air their woes out on the street at 7am though.
    Get back into yer party ye drunken hapes!

I went on the nicest walk earlier coz i woke up really early!

Need to figure out what to do with the rest of my day, but i have limited options seeing as i havent been paid yet!! They pay monthly but i wasnt paid last month and i wasnt paid this month either :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Pembily wrote: »
    I saw that on Twitter as a suggested game and the last time I did drinking games was with the Eurovision and it was not my best idea.

What did ye drink for? Every country ye hadn't heard of? You totally owe her breakfast!

Every country we didn't know location of.

It was a bit unfair as I actually have a better knowledge of geography than her, and she's never watched the Opening Ceremony before. But that's a minor detail :pac:

Got buckled last night and i need more neurofen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

awec wrote: »
    Finally found a city centre pub that sells harp!!!! :D:D
    When can we start putting your picture on the milk cartons? :pac:

Laois beat Meath in the football, and Ireland are doing alright in the Olympics so far. Today is a good day :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement