Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I suppose I was only looking at yogalates so it's probably easier but pilates doesn't seem all that from the exercises I've seen - that said I'm sure it's easier said than done and I was probably looking at novice stuff!

Pilates is quite difficult, I find. Hobbling around afterward.
    Seems ok until you're doing it in a very controlled and slow fashion, it's a killer.
    If you just wave your arms and legs around at any old speed then it'd be grand ;p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Feeling much better now TG.

Went home at lunch to find my toilet was leaking and had covered the floors. Luckily the floors in my house are polished concrete

bluewolf wrote: »
    Pilates is quite difficult, I find. Hobbling around afterward.
    Seems ok until you're doing it in a very controlled and slow fashion, it's a killer.
    If you just wave your arms and legs around at any old speed then it'd be grand ;p

waving arms?? Clearly I was looking at something more yoga than pilates - either way I just need to sort out my core. Was onto a buddy there about hitting the gym together so starting work for next season can begin this week!

Daisies wrote: »
    Feeling much better now TG.

Went home at lunch to find my toilet was leaking and had covered the floors. Luckily the floors in my house are polished concrete

Dear god, talk about a shíte start to Tuesday! Hope it's fixed soon Daisies!

Saw such a cute little kitten earlier, rolling around and went over to pet it. Only then did I realize it was completely blind and I had scared the bejesus out of it. Whoops.

Saw such a cute little kitten earlier, rolling around and went over to pet it. Only then did I realize it was completely blind and I had scared the bejesus out of it. Whoops.
    Sorry but I laughed, the poor thing!

Going onto the aww thread in reddit is making me seriously want a puppy - only thing is whether I could give it a proper home - renting with 3mates, nice house and garden but I'd either have to leave the pup on its own during the day or put it in a kennel. Anybody have experience with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

We got two puppies about 13 months ago. Honestly, unless there's going to be someone home during the day, I wouldn't recommend it. Dogs need company. We have a decent sized field closed off for them with a few sheds for shelter. They sleep in one of the sheds in a box dad made (complete with window and sky-light). But when you go to let them out in the morning they get ridiculously hyper when they see you. Even if you leave them in for maybe 2 hours during the afternoon, they get ridiculously hyper when they see you. They're absolutely mad for company. I couldn't leave them locked in for 6 or 7 hours a day five days a week. They'd be miserable.

I know that's not the answer you were hoping for D'Agger, but I hope it helps.

Kev.OC wrote: »
    We got two puppies about 13 months ago. Honestly, unless there's going to be someone home during the day, I wouldn't recommend it. Dogs need company. We have a decent sized field closed off for them with a few sheds for shelter. They sleep in one of the sheds in a box dad made (complete with window and sky-light). But when you go to let them out in the morning they get ridiculously hyper when they see you. Even if you leave them in for maybe 2 hours during the afternoon, they get ridiculously hyper when they see you. They're absolutely mad for company. I couldn't leave them locked in for 6 or 7 hours a day five days a week. They'd be miserable.

I know that's not the answer you were hoping for D'Agger, but I hope it helps.

Ah no you're grand man, sure, id love one but i don't think it'd work given my current situation - with football and stuff and travel with work etc i couldn't do it.

That said, Id love the company of a dog!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Pem, your avatar changed!
    They grow up so fast. *sniff*
    D'Agger wrote: »
    Ah no you're grand man, sure, id love one but i don't think it'd work given my current situation - with football and stuff and travel with work etc i couldn't do it.

That said, Id love the company of a dog!

Try Tramco club in Dublin. I kid, I kid. :pac:

Ahh the poor little thing!

• Advertisement

I present my new favourite thing on Facebook - Bog Memes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I present my new favourite thing on Facebook - Bog Memes.
    Haha, they are cool!

Morning all :) I'm sore from yoga yesterday!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Jaysus tis fierce quiet in here today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Pembily wrote: »
    Haha, they are cool!

Morning all :) I'm sore from yoga yesterday!

"Yoga" eh.

:pac:

Necronos wrote: »
    "Yoga" eh.

:pac:
    It was yoga and running, I didn't see him yesterday :P

Are you alive?

Tis very quiet D! How are you today?

Kitten they do grow up so fast and I remembered as a mod I can change my avatar to anything I want :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I'm alive alright,just stuff goin on irl so I haven't been posting much lately.

Hows tricks?/

• Advertisement

Swit swoo look at you missus! I keep meaning to subscribe and change my name, then I forget about it again.
    Neccy hope you're ok man :(

I saw a great FB conversation last night:

Person A: Woo go Obama kick the other ones butt!
    Person B: Do you even know the other ones name?
    Person B: Of course I do, he's Mick Romney!

FFS like. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Hope everything is ok bro!!

Morning all! o/

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Mornin y'all!

My American manager isn't going to be a happy bunny when she gets in to work, she was backing Mitt! Oh well :p

Hows tricks?/
    I am good, sleepy but only one day of work left this week :D
    Swit swoo look at you missus! I keep meaning to subscribe and change my name, then I forget about it again.
    I know, all grown up and lady like :P

I thought about changing my name, but can't think of a good one :rolleyes:

I like pembily! and the new avatar, that's cool :cool:

Am only just in about 20 mins after hobbling in
    New dress arrived :cool:

• Advertisement

Try Tramco club in Dublin. I kid, I kid. :pac:

According to Yelp! it's a great spot :pac:

Morning all, made it to Cork for 9....going to be shattered later, can't wait to head home already :(

swapple wrote: »
    Mornin y'all!

My American manager isn't going to be a happy bunny when she gets in to work, she was backing Mitt! Oh well :p

Ha Brilliant!! Just have this playing on every computer:

Yelp Lied!! Yelp Lied big time!!!

Pembily wrote: »
    I thought about changing my name, but can't think of a good one :rolleyes:

I always have the opposite problem, too many ideas :o

What he said! There's a reason that place is called Trampco :pac:

What he said! There's a reason that place is called Trampco :pac:

A victim of reputation most likely, I'll check this place out and wager that it's actually quite a nice, refined spot :pac:

I'd love to see videos of how bad it is now!

A victim of reputation most likely, I'll check this place out and wager that it's actually quite a nice, refined spot :pac:

I'd love to see videos of how bad it is now!

Oh I'm sure you would :pac:

They had a promo going about a year back where you could swap your knickers for a free drink...and I think their promoter had another thing where there was a competition for the boldest pics, and then they uploaded them? Or something. Think that might have been another club though.

Gotta love clubs.

:eek:

That's.just.ridiculous!!

Who the fúck hired that promoter!!

Ha Brilliant!! Just have this playing on every computer:

She didn't show up today!! :pac:
    They had a promo going about a year back where you could swap your knickers for a free drink...

:eek: Eeeeewwwww

Oh I'm sure you would :pac:

They had a promo going about a year back where you could swap your knickers for a free drink...and I think their promoter had another thing where there was a competition for the boldest pics, and then they uploaded them? Or something. Think that might have been another club though.

Gotta love clubs.

What ...?

Ew.

And where is this disgusting establishment you have aforementioned? Just so I can stand out there and send evil vibes, of course.

If anyone could invent a cure for manflu ... I'll give them a fiver, a handshake and a cup of tea. Where are you going to get a better offer than that?

Also- these are great tracks to get yourself psyched for the day.

swapple wrote: »
    She didn't show up today!! :pac:

too buzy hiding out in the ARK I guess:

South.Park.S12E12.DSR.XviD-0TV.avi+-+00005.bmp
    If anyone could invent a cure for manflu ... I'll give them a fiver, a handshake and a cup of tea. Where are you going to get a better offer than that?

what I normally do is drink a shed load of Tea, Coffee, Lemsip, soup, wrap up warm and stop being a little bitch!

Works every time!! :D

what I normally do is drink a shed load of Tea, Coffee, Lemsip, soup, wrap up warm and stop being a little bitch!

mumble mumble it's manflu, I'm allowed to act how I want to mumble mumble :pac:

• Advertisement

Tea with Honey - manuka honey if possible, wrap yourself up in a duvet/bed fort and watch inspiration movies to inspire your immune system (Denzel Washington movies in particular are advised)

One last thing - had a bad flu a while back - took a hot bath and went to bed afterwards, felt miles better for it but I'm not sure if it's advisable really, had some people telling me it wasn't the right thing to do with a cold!

I am SO f*cking pissed off right now! I have a bane and a batman bobblehead set sitting on my desk in work and some absolute c*nt is after breaking the bane one - got rid of, or just plain broke the spring on it so the f*cking thing doesn't work anymore! and then it was just put back as if nothing happened - absolute c*nt chicken sh!t PRICK! Poeple just can't leave things alone, Must have been the obnoxious git that kept picking them up by their heads! I am so incredibly annoyed right now!! :mad:

/pissed off rant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

yay, nearly quittin' time.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

I was out last night.

There were shots...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

mumble mumble it's manflu, I'm allowed to act how I want to mumble mumble :pac:

Heh, manflu is every man's 'feck off, I'm dying!' card.

I am SO f*cking pissed off right now! I have a bane and a batman bobblehead set sitting on my desk in work and some absolute c*nt is after breaking the bane one - got rid of, or just plain broke the spring on it so the f*cking thing doesn't work anymore! and then it was just put back as if nothing happened - absolute c*nt chicken sh!t PRICK! Poeple just can't leave things alone, Must have been the obnoxious git that kept picking them up by their heads! I am so incredibly annoyed right now!! :mad:

/pissed off rant
    Fúck that for a game of soldiers - if you break something at the desk own up to it - I'm sure you'd be grand if someone came up and explained what happened and offered to fix it - which is the decent thing to do.

Just in the door from Dublin now - 12hours after leaving the house, 5 of which were spend driving. Back is in bits :(

I sneezed so hard I pulled a muscle in my thigh. Buggerit.

What ...?

Ew.

And where is this disgusting etablishment you have aforementioned? Just so I can stand out there and send evil vibes, of course.

Ah, of course. Do this too!

down-with-this-sort-of-thing.jpg

And lemons, don't forget the lemons! :P

I'm sorry but :pac:
    I didn't even think that was possible!

I'm sorry but :pac:
    I didn't even think that was possible!

With the level of my sneezes, anything is possible. I have previously knocked myself off chairs and almost myself out, when I sneezed trying to plug something in and cracked my head against it instead.

That's how men are meant to sneeze. Like foghorrns.

As for how I managed to pull a muscle, I've no idea but it hurt.

• Advertisement

Similar thing happened to me last time I had a full on flu - tore a few ligaments near my ribs from coughing too much! Although at least that makes sense - but pulling a muscle in your thigh from sneezing? :confused:
    ouchies :(

As if you're not feeling shítty enough as it is!

To make it worse, I broke my TV.

The only way that I could feel worse/this day could get worse, is if this were me:

Bad one! Have come close to doing my hamstring sneezing before!

Fail.

After 3 weeks of battling not to get sick, this morning my throat feels all sick like.

where's captain planet when i need him :(

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

kaimera wrote: »
    Fail.

After 3 weeks of battling not to get sick, this morning my throat feels all sick like.

where's captain planet when i need him :(

Prob off shagging mother nature....

Morning all. I iz tired and just want to go back to bed!:(

• Advertisement

Morning....once again came close to sleeping in, must sort myself out that way!

Hitting the gym tonight so must try to fit building a program into work somehow....what I'll do on what days etc. - if anybody has any recommendations I'd appreciate it :)

To make it worse, I broke my TV.

If it makes you feel any better I think getting rid of our TV and never replacing it might actually be one of the single best decisions we ever made in our house ever.

If it makes you feel any better I think getting rid of our TV and never replacing it might actually be one of the single best decisions we ever made in our house ever.
    Interesting!

Are you reading more books or what other things are you filling the time, once spent watching TV, with?

Interesting!

Are you reading more books or what other things are you filling the time, once spent watching TV, with?
    netflix :pac:

Books. Also involved in a few campaigns. I study capoeira and B-JJ once a weeks - sometimes twice. One of the gfs is teaching me german. I cook a lot and grow my own veg and herbs - and keep chickens and geese and hunt rabbit. I run an hour in the mornings - cycle an hour in the evenings. I throw a once monthly house party on the second weekend of every month. I practice Vipassana Meditation and give a free "class" once a week on it to local students and others.

Oh and I am working on my go kart for next years weaponised go kart racing competition with my mates. I am determines to place next year. Or at least finish without being tazered or something of that like.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement