Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

kaimera wrote: »
    netflix :pac:
    Was thinking I'd turn to the internet aswell :D

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Oh and I am working on my go kart for next years weaponised go kart racing competition with my mates. I am determines to place next year. Or at least finish without being tazered or something of that like.

Post pics when you're done man would love to see that....weaponised though...insurance companies must love you :pac:

Is that how much they cost? Damn - need two new front tyres myself coming into christmas, thread is dangerously low on mine atm :(

I have to say I never watch tv either, the one in my room I just never hooked up and mum watches the one in the sitting room

german buddies, tax ^5

D'Agger wrote: »
    Is that how much they cost? Damn - need two new front tyres myself coming into christmas, thread is dangerously low on mine atm :(

It pays in the long run. You will notice you will get much more KM / Litre from your fuel when you have new tires. So a low thread is not just dangerous - but is costing you money. I have to change all our tyres over to winter tyres soon. 12 Tyres in one weekend, ouch.
    bluewolf wrote: »
    german buddies, tax ^5

I am learning it incredibly slowly. It is a struggle. My brain is just not made for languages.

I have to say I never watch tv either, the one in my room I just never hooked up and mum watches the one in the sitting room

german buddies, tax ^5
    Most of what I would watch on TV would be via my Media player so it's TV shows that I've gone to the trouble of getting like Breaking Bad, The Wire etc. or movies

Either way I figure it's better than watching bad TV like Eastenders and avoiding ads!

You should sell that TV Bluey and spend the money on candy, gloooooorious CANDY!

It pays in the long run. You will notice you will get much more KM / Litre from your fuel when you have new tires. So a low thread is not just dangerous - but is costing you money. I have to change all our tyres over to winter tyres soon. 12 Tyres in one weekend, ouch.

I am learning it incredibly slowly. It is a struggle. My brain is just not made for languages.
    True, unfortunately, in the short term, I'm broooooke.

Will get them done in 22 days when I'm paid....how I'll last is anybodys guess!

I must check my tyre tread

You might do well to do an actual course, I find I absorb it pretty well in those, lots of group work is helpful. I like languages though

You should sell that TV Bluey and spend the money on candy, gloooooorious CANDY!

It was a crappy argos tv anyway so I don't think I'd get much candy out of it :p

You'll be glad to hear I can nearly walk again today :p

• Advertisement

It was a crappy argos tv anyway so I don't think I'd get much candy out of it :p

You'll be glad to hear I can nearly walk again today :p

I can imagine you walking like this now:

awec wrote: »
    Yup, £65 each for 2 Bridgestones, supplied, fitted and balanced. Getting them done up home at the weekend.

I don't bother with winter / summer tyres. Never have done and never had an issue.

If your tread is low (under 1.6mm) you'll fail NCT, anything under 3mm will be a pass advisory ("we'll pass you but get those fixed soon").
    I'd say they're about 2mm but my car passed the NCT while I had the cast on - nothing mentioned in the report so I can assume they were above 3mm then - they look fairly bad atm is all I know.

How long do tyres last roughly? Obv depending on the type of driving but how many km say?

Depends on what the tyres are and how you drive, probably about 60,000km?
    Yeah makes sense so, I've put 30,000km or so on the car since I got it and two of the tyres were new when I got it so the others should be going about now.

How bad, need to look after my car this weekend properly - needs to be washed, hoovered and given some love

I scratched the back of my car back at the Galway beers and still haven't got around to fixing it. That'll cost another good few hundred. :(

Car costs me a bloody fortune.
    Only if it's an expensive car though :)

Ford are so common that you'll pick up parts easy....unless you need them quickly as was my case when the alternator went €400 I could do with right now :(

Don't need parts, the panel will need to be resprayed.
    Bita Dulux....be grand :)

• Advertisement

Asked O2 UK how much they want from me to cancel my contract.

300 euro. Just had to laugh.
    :eek: That's utterly stupid! Is there any other way of cancelling the contract?

Think I've another 6 with Meteor left, might look to leave them after that, could get a discount on vodafone seeing as I use them for home phone

Nah.

They just take my tariff multiplied by the number of months left. Mines over in July next year so will just keep it til then I guess.
    Balls,

Therein lies the danger of tying yourself down to a contract, although it's so much handier than being pre pay!

So happy to be on PAYG

So happy to be on PAYG
    It's one less thing to be worrying about I find, was abroad recently and it's refreshing to not have to keep an eye on what calls were costing etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

http://kidneyclock.net

Only 194 days to go! :)
    Hey :( He did a lot of good work with Munster, he just hasn't clicked with Ireland :(:(

http://kidneyclock.net

Only 194 days to go! :)
    Who would you have instead awec?

As a Munster man I'd have more time for him I guess

You might do well to do an actual course, I find I absorb it pretty well in those, lots of group work is helpful. I like languages though

Not really an option with my current schedule. Nowhere to fit it without giving up something more important and German is just something I have added for the fun. If I ever need to cut back and time save I think it would be the first to go.

Keeps picking too many fecking Munster players for Ireland!
    I would imagine we would all pick our own! Just wish Munster were doing well this season :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,523 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Harp came up in a discussion tonight - I should have paged awec. :pac:

We should have an impromptu beers sometime!

I will be having some tomorrow nights. Second weekend of the month again - house party time. This will please the guys I get all my drink and meat from.

Grames is good for organising those :)

Morning all!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Pembily wrote: »
    Grames is good for organising those :)

Morning all!

Morning Pem et al! It's Friday Friday Friday!Yay. Also I'm going to the capital city on Sun for 2 nights on a work thing. Yay, cheese, buying toiletries for half the price!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

impromptu beers? :O

the best kind!

wahoo for friday

I will be having some tomorrow nights. Second weekend of the month again - house party time. This will please the guys I get all my drink and meat from.
    Is that an invite? You're too kind. :cool:

Went to type 'morning'...typed Monday instead, then I realized it was Friday once again and all was well in the world :)

Went to the gym last night - I feel like my arms are about to fall off!

How's all, any plans for the weekend?

Went to type 'morning'...typed Monday instead, then I realized it was Friday once again and all was well in the world :)

Went to the gym last night - I feel like my arms are about to fall off!

How's all, any plans for the weekend?

I was supposed to have pilates tomorrow morning but it booked out in about 5 mins :confused: So I am on the waitlist but I don't know if my friend is yet. How annoying. Massage tomorrow afternoon anyway. out tonight for friend's birthday / moving to USA thing. Rest of weekend will be reading my new books, studying, learning german, catching up on NaNoWriMo, walking the doggy.
    Possibly trying to fit in some exercise if I find a good class somewhere as I have more catching up to do than I thought

I just ordered a cookbook on the bookdepository sale and another book from the bargain bin, I need to give it a rest... :o

Is that an invite? You're too kind. :cool:

If you like. It would not be the first time. I mentioned that I was throwing a big house party on another thread a few months back and a couple of people from here actually did crash it. They seemingly drove around maynooth using a few clues from my older posts as to what my general location was - saw/heard the party - and just strolled in.

They were made welcome :)

So if you can find us you are welcome to come along but youre on your own with the finding us part hehehe.

• Advertisement

kaimera wrote: »
    impromptu beers? :O

the best kind!

wahoo for friday

They are generally good fun :)

I'm off today and spending the day baking as it's my brothers birthday this weekend :) Party!!!

Pembily wrote: »
    They are generally good fun :)

I'm off today and spending the day baking as it's my brothers birthday this weekend :) Party!!!

Yay! Baking! Can I come :D
    You can make those coconut balls

hm okay tax :p I only live nearby haha

Yay! Baking! Can I come :D
    You can make those coconut balls
    I'm making my mish mash chocolate biscuit cake! You can but it's not in Dublin :p

I was supposed to have pilates tomorrow morning but it booked out in about 5 mins :confused: So I am on the waitlist but I don't know if my friend is yet. How annoying. Massage tomorrow afternoon anyway. out tonight for friend's birthday / moving to USA thing. Rest of weekend will be reading my new books, studying, learning german, catching up on NaNoWriMo, walking the doggy.
    Possibly trying to fit in some exercise if I find a good class somewhere as I have more catching up to do than I thought

I just ordered a cookbook on the bookdepository sale and another book from the bargain bin, I need to give it a rest... :o
    Re: your pilates situation: This is what I say to that!

Where is this place you're buying books? I have a number of them to read but Christmas will be the only time I set aside for that - or whenever I have the sitting room to myself again.

I might hit the gym tonight and do some lower body and cardio, then do another weights session Saturday.

Re: your pilates situation: This is what I say to that!

Where is this place you're buying books? I have a number of them to read but Christmas will be the only time I set aside for that - or whenever I have the sitting room to myself again.

I might hit the gym tonight and do some lower body and cardio, then do another weights session Saturday.

Friend thinks we could do yoga tomorrow if not pilates, might do it. Prefer something strenuous though

bookdepository.co.uk. If you buy through fatcheese you get 3% cashback also

Berlin flights and hotel booked o/

Friend thinks we could do yoga tomorrow if not pilates, might do it. Prefer something strenuous though

bookdepository.co.uk. If you buy through fatcheese you get 3% cashback also

Berlin flights and hotel booked o/
    Nice! Really want to go to Berlin. Yoga mightn't be a bad call - you'll be all limber and chilled out before your massage :)

Just booked flights to London myself - via Ryanair - rushed through booking it and ended up booking the wrong time for flying out, tried to change it - didn't have enough in my account to pay the fee, cue scramble for parental credit card details and ringing Ryanair to change it.

Thankfully it's sorted but at €30 more than it should have been and I now have a headache! :(

Yeah maybe we could do the yoga.
    doing *something* would be good anyway

How much did it end up being? london should be cheap enough. I ended up adding the checked bags to my ryanair thing in case I do christmas shopping and stuff. Bring back cakes and things :D

Yeah maybe we could do the yoga.
    doing *something* would be good anyway

How much did it end up being? london should be cheap enough. I ended up adding the checked bags to my ryanair thing in case I do christmas shopping and stuff. Bring back cakes and things :D
    Nice idea actually. Costing €80 return now, should've been €55 only for my blunder :( Still, I'm fine with it, a few quid less for drink in my next paycheck which is no harm :) - it's to Stanstead so there's the cost of the train to factor in too but I'll worry about that closer to the date.

how much is Berlin setting you back if you don't mind me asking?

• Advertisement

Nice idea actually. Costing €80 return now, should've been €55 only for my blunder :( Still, I'm fine with it, a few quid less for drink in my next paycheck which is no harm :) - it's to Stanstead so there's the cost of the train to factor in too but I'll worry about that closer to the date.

how much is Berlin setting you back if you don't mind me asking?

With the bags and all the feckin fees, 180 return
    for a weekend near christmas, I reckon that's not bad
    AL was 330 before bags :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement