Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Happy birth Swapple :)
    Sauve wrote: »
    It was the best thing ever. Yes, lots. Soon!
    Because you need tea? Or cycling. Is it cycling?!
    :p
    We went out for a short one yesterday, it was good craic and I beat his ass :D You can cycle and drink tea with us and then booze, in that order!!

Do you put cherries in them Black?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Hello all..

Happy Birthday Swapple.

Welcome back Sauve. So you would recommend India for a visit eh? What part did you go to? Don't have your FB account so throw a few pics up here.

Tox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Happy birthday Swapple :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,523 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Pembily wrote: »
    Do you put cherries in them Black?

Aye, though I'm not really a fan.

Have a good one, Swapple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Hello all..

Happy Birthday Swapple.

Welcome back Sauve. So you would recommend India for a visit eh? What part did you go to? Don't have your FB account so throw a few pics up here.

Tox

Absolutely. It is tough going, there's a lot of poverty and its' quite difficult to see. But if you can be a bit of a hard ass you'd be grand.
    Was all over Rajasthan. Started in Delhi and worked our way around. Loads of very long train journeys!

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Happy Birthday Swapple.

Welcome back Sauve. Glad you had a good time in India.

I've started packing!

How was the weekend for everyone?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Morning all. Another weekend spent at the lake. A nice patch of red on my back where I missed the sun cream! Said goodbye to a good friend as she went back to Canada :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Happy belated Birthday Swapple :)

So....so busy at work :(

*cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Not long to christmas. Means nearly another year nearly over. Jaysis.

but almost beers too. yay!

boo for monday...and boo for night work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Aw thanks for the lovely birthday wishes guys!

Heading to see Michael McIntyre tonight! A certain awesome boardsie got me tickets :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

swapple wrote: »
    Aw thanks for the lovely birthday wishes guys!

Heading to see Michael McIntyre tonight! A certain awesome boardsie got me tickets :D

Awww, Your welcome :pac:

Home time. Late night in work (after working during the day).

yay for sleep.

kaimera wrote: »
    Home time. Late night in work (after working during the day).

yay for sleep.
    I speaketh too soon :(

My work is done and I'm sitting here in my bike gear ready to go but a colleague is having his own project issues and i no can leaf yet.

And, the weather is a bit poxy out i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

It's 9.30pm over here and I'm in the cot, I'm getting old!:(
    On the upside, I shall be well rested!:pac:

Panthro wrote: »
    It's 9.30pm over here and I'm in the cot, I'm getting old!:(
    On the upside, I shall be well rested!:pac:
    urge to kill rising....

it'll be bright before i get home

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Morning all.

Another ridiculously humid day here. Could barely sleep last night I was sweating so much!

Unfortunately my array of hobbies coupled with keeping a wolf and a vegetable garden and being a lover of cooking means I get hardly any sleep at all. slightly after 12 until 5am is my usual night. On the upside however it means I never have trouble sleeping when I get there regardless of humidity - noise - weather - or just about anything else.

Daisies wrote: »
    Morning all.

Another ridiculously humid day here. Could barely sleep last night I was sweating so much!
    Same in Cork sure*

*may or may not be true

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    Nice and sunny here. :)
    Dublin or further North?

What you make of the Ulster young fellas against Fiji?

Tis very quiet all over the internet today. Will we all pack it in and go on the lash together?
    Meet in athlone in a couple of hours?

Dublin :)

Didn't see the game, but we have a very promising group of young lads. Some of them should have been playing against SA tbh. Instead old wood like O'Gara and D'Arcy got pointless caps.
    Only getting back to this now...where did the afternoon go!

no.14 who got the hat-trick was phenomenal and has real pace which is something we need to add to our team - him (McFadden I think his name is) Earls, Zeebo - that's a good bit of pace right there for the future.

Apparently the out half controlled the game really well too so a good night for Ulster by all accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Sauve wrote: »
    Tis very quiet all over the internet today. Will we all pack it in and go on the lash together?
    Meet in athlone in a couple of hours?

Athlone? ATHLONE? Gerraway outta dat missus. :pac:

Runs away before anyone mentions Cassidys.

• Advertisement

*yawn*

What a waste of a day yday trying to get some sleep. More tired today now :(

but its hump day! *chuckle*

Whats this about going on the lash?

Took me an hour to get to work - Gardai giving tickets out rather than directing traffic which was backlogged for a good few km :mad:

Anyway, morning all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Morning all!

I feel like my skull is made of titanium - it's so f*cking heavy today! bleergh! :(

Morning all!

I feel like my skull is made of titanium - it's so f*cking heavy today! bleergh! :(
    One word - Neurofen!

Nip it early too instead of gradually letting it get worse and worse from looking at a screen all day

• Advertisement

Bahaha Di Matteo. :D
    Feel bad for the guy in a way - delivered a CL title but that Russian should be told to f*ck right off from interfering by people involved in the club - he's a joke

D'Agger wrote: »
    One word - Neurofen!

Nip it early too instead of gradually letting it get worse and worse from looking at a screen all day

Neurofen just don't work - Useless they are!!

I have solpadiene if it gets realy bad - I don't want to take them unless I have to though! (headwrecking that you can't just buy them over the counter anymore - it's PC gone mad I tell you! :p
    Bahaha Di Matteo. :D

Chelski are such a joke of a club!!

Neurofen just don't work - Useless they are!!

Bert_snaps.gif

Neurofen has saved my life on nymerous occasions....careful where you tread GB!! :pac:

^ thanked on account of the epic epic gif!!

(neurofen are worthless - don't do a thing!)

^ thanked on account of the epic epic gif!!

(neurofen are worthless - don't do a thing!)
    I....I just don't know what to say!

Sure neurofen express are over the counter now too just like solpadine

I....I just don't know what to say!

Sure neurofen express are over the counter now too just like solpadine
    sure there's nothing good in neuro express.

neuro+ or solfa all the way.

om nom nom codeine.

kaimera wrote: »
    sure there's nothing good in neuro express.

neuro+ or solfa all the way.

om nom nom codeine.
    Damn - meant to say plus - they're the business!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,523 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Really? Not even Muckross House?

Rings a bell, but I suspect I've been a little brainwashed by US and Canadian National Parks in thinking that a park can only be on that sort of scale. :pac:

The mother gets migraines. There's a Neurofen Migraine that you can't get here, but can get in the UK. However, I'd imagine like a lot of these things you have to take at the right time otherwise it's too late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,316 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I find Nurofen are the only ones that help when I get headaches.

Americans off tomorrow and Thursday so peace both days and may just take Friday off myself.

Hello from Canada! :)

How's everyone keeping?

• Advertisement

Kev.OC wrote: »

How's everyone keeping?

Hey Kev. How was the flight? I'm good but melting over here

How's everyone keeping?
    Hullo!

How're you settling in? Is it cold? Is it warm? Is it appropriately mild over there?

What's the food like? Can you get taytos? Do they have sausage rolls over there?

I look forward to your updates on Canadian living

Morning all! o/

Morning folks-
    Glad you made it Kev- jealous!!

ahoihoi folks.

It's almost the weekend. go team!

More night work tonight. And can't leave early cos I've got some project work to support during the day. Oh whell.

One of my favs. Good catch btw ;)

Daisies wrote: »
    Hey Kev. How was the flight? I'm good but melting over here

Flight was long. 9.5 hours, to be precise. Flew up over England and Scotland, Iceland, Greenland. Must check it on a globe with a bit of string but I can't help but feel we took the scenic route. Which would have been fine if it wasn't dark for the entire flight. :rolleyes: I wanted to look down at those countries, I've never seen them before. :(
    Hullo!

How're you settling in? Is it cold? Is it warm? Is it appropriately mild over there?

In Vancouver at the minute. Appropriately mild. Going north tomorrow though, up the mountains, so I should enjoy the mildness while it lasts. :pac:
    What's the food like? Can you get taytos? Do they have sausage rolls over there?

Only had one meal so far. Chicken and chips. Didn't agree with me. I'm partially blaming that for the fact I'm up at half 3 after less than 2 hours sleep. Haven't looked for Taytos. Was too tired last night. I'll keep an eye out though. Same goes for sausage rolls.
    I look forward to your updates on Canadian living

Ha, you say that now. You'll be sick of them by the weekend. :pac:

How's everyone back home? And Dasies in Africa? And TBO (I hope I'm right in saying this) in Holland? And of course Panthro over in this neck of the woods with myself?

Should I include Awec in Nordyland? :pac:

Flight was long. 9.5 hours, to be precise. Flew up over England and Scotland, Iceland, Greenland. Must check it on a globe with a bit of string but I can't help but feel we took the scenic route. Which would have been fine if it wasn't dark for the entire flight. :rolleyes: I wanted to look down at those countries, I've never seen them before. :(

In Vancouver at the minute. Appropriately mild. Going north tomorrow though, up the mountains, so I should enjoy the mildness while it lasts. :pac:

Only had one meal so far. Chicken and chips. Didn't agree with me. I'm partially blaming that for the fact I'm up at half 3 after less than 2 hours sleep. Haven't looked for Taytos. Was too tired last night. I'll keep an eye out though. Same goes for sausage rolls.

Ha, you say that now. You'll be sick of them by the weekend. :pac:

How's everyone back home? And Dasies in Africa? And TBO (I hope I'm right in saying this) in Holland? And of course Panthro over in this neck of the woods with myself?

Should I include Awec in Nordyland? :pac:
    Keep me posted on any sausage roll developments....and most of all enjoy yourself :D

• Advertisement

How's everyone back home? And TBO (I hope I'm right in saying this) in Holland?

Not unless I've been in some sort of Liam Neeson film whereby he has to rescue me after I was kidnapped in Europe. :pac:

My Canada trip started here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement