Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

awec wrote: »
    Finally found a city centre pub that sells harp!!!! :D:D

Name and shame! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Pembily wrote: »
    I saw that on Twitter as a suggested game and the last time I did drinking games was with the Eurovision and it was not my best idea.

What did ye drink for? Every country ye hadn't heard of? You totally owe her breakfast!

Every country we didn't know location of.

It was a bit unfair as I actually have a better knowledge of geography than her, and she's never watched the Opening Ceremony before. But that's a minor detail :pac:
    Evil, evil boyfriend!

I got contact lenses :D I've also eaten too much pasta :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Evil Genius, evil genius boyfriend!

Fixed that for ya!:pac:

Panthro wrote: »
    Evil Genius, evil genius boyfriend!

Fixed that for ya!:pac:
    Haha, NOT!!!!

OHMYGOD the rain...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Lost my goddamn phone Friday night when I was soused.

:mad:

• Advertisement

Necronos wrote: »
    Lost my goddamn phone Friday night when I was soused.

:mad:

and people wonder why i dont want to buy and carry a 400 euro phone around

sorry to hear it though

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Morning all.. Hows everyone?

Good weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Morning all.. Hows everyone?

Good weekend?

Ah Monday.

After a load of interviews last week, today is the day I start to get the call backs.
    Is 9am a bit early to start on the gin?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Ah Monday.

After a load of interviews last week, today is the day I start to get the call backs.
    Is 9am a bit early to start on the gin?

As long as its Hendricks with Hardys tonic, its never too early.. :D

otis i reread that post and realised it sounded unsympathetic and like i was giving out, i didnt mean it to :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Morning all!!

Thjree days of drinking over the weekend and now I am back in work......Ken Ackered!!

How is everyone else?

lazing in bed on my day off, wondering whether to study or write or do nothing at all :cool:

Morning all!!

Thjree days of drinking over the weekend and now I am back in work......Ken Ackered!!

How is everyone else?

Slept most of the weekend, the times I was awake, lazed about catching up on TV shows and Movies I missed.. Just needed a chill out weekend after a very busy few weeks.

Still bloody knackered afterwards though :confused:

bluewolf wrote: »
    lazing in bed on my day off, wondering whether to study or write or do nothing at all :cool:

Show off!!
    Slept most of the weekend, the times I was awake, lazed about catching up on TV shows and Movies I missed.. Just needed a chill out weekend after a very busy few weeks.

Still bloody knackered afterwards though :confused:

oooh - over sleeping is a biiiiiiitch!

I have a 3 day week :P then two weeks holidays :D:D

I need it after yesterdays cycle! Not as wrecked as I thought!

Any plans for the bank holiday?

I have a 3 day week :P then two weeks holidays :D:D

I need it after yesterdays cycle! Not as wrecked as I thought!

Any plans for the bank holiday?

2 weeks off? Nice, any plans for those?

I'm off to Slovakia for 5 days on Friday, pleasure not business this time.. make a change :D

oooh - over sleeping is a biiiiiiitch!

Nah, you can never over sleep.. used to sleep 10 - 12 hours a night most nights a week up until a few years ago.. I miss it.. :(

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Also just got 2 working weeks til I'm off on hols! :D

you too? and where are you off too?? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Lazing in bed watching Breaking Bad (totally legit copies, I swear).

Hoping for a stress free day. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Counting down the last few hours of work then off for a week :D

Friends wedding in Trim castle during the week with me providing the music for the ceremony, nervous as hell about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I'm also bate - Friday and Saturday drinking, out to the park then yesterday for sunshine kicks, finished up late enough last night with an episode of the wire and a good catch up with my mate.

Hows Pem after the cycle? Did you get on alright?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

The Master wrote: »
    Counting down the last few hours of work then off for a week :D

Friends wedding in Trim castle during the week with me providing the music for the ceremony, nervous as hell about it

How many songs have the lyrics "DON'T DO IT!" in them?

I have 25 days holidays to take with no clue what to do. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Maguined wrote: »
    Can I have some? :pac: I can think of laods of places I'd like to go to! :D

Just booked a five day weekend for next weekend \0/ Badly needed tbh. Haven't had a day off in forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Hermione* wrote: »
    Can I have some? :pac: I can think of laods of places I'd like to go to! :D

Just booked a five day weekend for next weekend \0/ Badly needed tbh. Haven't had a day off in forever!

I have offered to sell them to some of my colleagues but the ones that want them are always the ones that are broke from their last holiday. :rolleyes:

How many songs have the lyrics "DON'T DO IT!" in them?

I know that feeling.. still have 23 days left after even everything booked including Xmas hols.. also going to have close to 5 more on top of that due to lots of weekend work coming up and getting days in lieu as a result.. bloody recessions, no one to go on hols with :mad:

2 weeks off? Nice, any plans for those?

I'm off to Slovakia for 5 days on Friday, pleasure not business this time.. make a change :D

Galway Races and home for a week of R&R :D

OHMYGOD the tiredness has hit me!

PaulieC wrote: »
    I'm also bate - Friday and Saturday drinking, out to the park then yesterday for sunshine kicks, finished up late enough last night with an episode of the wire and a good catch up with my mate.

Hows Pem after the cycle? Did you get on alright?

Only saw this now!

Bit sore now, it's just hit me in the last hour but mostly ok! Still high on adrenaline at the fact that I completed it!

• Advertisement

Only saw this now!

Bit sore now, it's just hit me in the last hour but mostly ok! Still high on adrenaline at the fact that I completed it!
    Big ups Pem-dogg :D

Big ups Pem-dogg :D

Thanks, it's a good feeling! Awec is a great motivator :) Also cycling with other people (over 3,000 there) really helps, they all encourage each other.

Thanks, it's a good feeling! Awec is a great motivator :) Also cycling with other people (over 3,000 there) really helps, they all encourage each other.
    I'd need discouragement rather than encouragement tbh or is that a bit weird of me.

I always find I need to be told I can't do things in order to motivate me to do them!

I'd need discouragement rather than encouragement tbh or is that a bit weird of me.

I always find I need to be told I can't do things in order to motivate me to do them!

I can be like that normally, but someone passing on a bike saying no way can I cycle the last 25km when I barely have the energy to stay on the bike would make me stop cycling!

I can be like that normally, but someone passing on a bike saying no way can I cycle the last 25km when I barely have the energy to stay on the bike would make me stop cycling!
    I'd tell that cyclist to go fúck themselves then use my last ounce of energy to slap them once I got over the finish line.

Rock n' Roll Pem....Rock.N.Roll :pac:

• Advertisement

i cycled 10km once
    the end

*bows in awe of pem & awec*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Pem did brilliantly, great performance! 100km without any drafting either, which makes it tougher!

Didn't need much motivation from me :)
    Fair play to both of you. I think every cyclist remembers the achievement of their first 100k. :)

Are you going to aim for the Wicklow 200k next year? The hills are a serious bitch first time out, but the feeling crossing the finish is glorious.

Pem did brilliantly, great performance! 100km without any drafting either, which makes it tougher!

100kms!!! Impressive.

*Tips hats to you both* :)

Saw the new Batman last night,major league meh from me tbh.

Blowfish wrote: »

Fair play to both of you. I think every cyclist remembers the achievement of their first 100k. :)

Are you going to aim for the Wicklow 200k next year? The hills are a serious bitch first time out, but the feeling crossing the finish is glorious.
    I've been told I'm doing the Ring of Kerry next year :pac: I don't think I'd be able for the Wicklow 200, the hills are deadly so I've heard Awec will speed up them I'm sure, I'll be a spectator with beer at the end :D

Thanks guys, next 100km is in a month and I'm way more confident about this one!

• Advertisement

i did pilates and it was great and the hour flew by and i am a bit sore already but it was FUN! :D

i have a blue mat :p

i did pilates and it was great and the hour flew by and i am a bit sore already but it was FUN! :D

<3

im actually still high for it running around (in my brain) going WHEEE

i have singing tomorrow for another endorphin hit and then i got carried away ad signed up for yoga on wednesday but i am doing more yoga on saturday if we can register for it ;s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

The Master wrote: »

Oh would you stop, you'll be great! :)

Go interrailing!

Off to Eindhoven in the morning for 5 days.

Yee haw!

In work at 8 yesterday - left at quarter to 6! not a nice day - now im back in work again :(

so tired - precious coffee helps me!!

hows everyone in here?

In work at 8 yesterday - left at quarter to 6! not a nice day - now im back in work again :(

so tired - precious coffee helps me!!

hows everyone in here?

Morning.. got another good nights sleep and I finally feel awake.. :)

Short week for me too and even shorter one next week :D

Can't wait to have a crack off Yoga when I get my cast off - I too shall join the league of blue mats

Hellooooooo?

*echo*

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement