Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

D'Agger wrote: »
    ES51J.jpg

I Love Eet!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Yup for a fecking bottle of water. I've lots of my Christmas shopping done thanks to the airports though :D:D

The puppies are cute! Did the work Grames?

Pembily wrote: »
    The puppies are cute! Did the work Grames?

Little bit yeah! Just alot of little things annoying me!

Boards gig is always in the back of my mind too!

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Boards gig is always in the back of my mind too!
    It will be a success! I was so worried about my table quiz and it went well! This gig will be a success too :D

hope so pem! We have the comedians, we have the venue, we have the prizes - it's just the crowd I am worried about! We need an audience!

If we don't get that none of it will be worth while!

hope so pem! We have the comedians, we have the venue, we have the prizes - it's just the crowd I am worried about! We need an audience!

You will get people, that is what I was worried about too, you will get people :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,316 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You're inviting this crowd. I think you should be more worried that they will turn up. :P

CastorTroy wrote: »
    You're inviting this crowd. I think you should be more worried that they will turn up. :P

I hope every single member of tGC will be there - no better crew for a comedy gig!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Would head up to it except I'll probably be in a heap - Staff night in Kilkenny the night before - will probably crawl back to Cork for leaba - going putting on my heavy winter duvet cover and stuff tonight - getting up will be far more difficult in the mornings - this will probably test my going to the gym before work in the mornings plan to the limit.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Would head up to it except I'll probably be in a heap - Staff night in Kilkenny the night before - will probably crawl back to Cork for leaba - going putting on my heavy winter duvet cover and stuff tonight - getting up will be far more difficult in the mornings - this will probably test my going to the gym before work in the mornings plan to the limit.....

Heh - I did this at the weekend. Im now sitting on my big comfy duvet with my running gear on like a bold child. Come on willpower, I know youre in there somewhere!!

Would head up to it except I'll probably be in a heap

That's no excuse! Hair of the dog + Laughter (the BEST medicine) and you will be as right as rain!!:D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Cold beer on the couch with the telly and fire on. Snug.

So why am I heading out for a drink again? :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,316 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I hope every single member of tGC will be there - no better crew for a comedy gig!! :)

In Donegal and going to see Duke Special in Letterkenny that night. :)

2 hours door to door. Back in the warmth, hooray!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

(wave) from the office.

moar night work this week (mon/tue and thurs/fri and mon/tue)

urgh.

anyone alive?

Word.

Word.
    nZ1EL.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'm after a frickin' feast of a spag-bol dinner, I'm glad I'm sitting down..although I fear for the sturdyness of the chair on which I sit..:o

Anywho, interview for a Fire Safety Planning job tomorrow...Have I ever done such work before?..Nope!
    Any clue what to expect?...ummm...kind of!
    Think I'll get it?...HELL YEAH!:D

Panthro wrote: »
    I'm after a frickin' feast of a spag-bol dinner, I'm glad I'm sitting down..although I fear for the sturdyness of the chair on which I sit..:o

Anywho, interview for a Fire Safety Planning job tomorrow...Have I ever done such work before?..Nope!
    Any clue what to expect?...ummm...kind of!
    Think I'll get it?...HELL YEAH!:D
    if you smell or see smoke...run the other way!

meanwhile, i'm still in work tonight. fml.

not going well.

• Advertisement

Haha, I'll use that as an answer so!
    Ya working nights all week? It can be difficult adjusting to the night shift mode!

Haha, I'll use that as an answer so!
    Ya working nights all week? It can be difficult adjusting to the night shift mode!
    Not all week.

Mon night/Tue morning.

Thurs/Fri

Mon/Tue

ick.

Jaysus, that's a bit shít! I used to work Sun/Mon/Tues nights on 12 hr shifts, in the end I got fed up trying to adjust back to "normal" hours on my days off so I just stayed on night shift mode on my days off! A 36hr awake stint wasn't uncommon to me!
    Had a mate on the same hours roughly, we may have had beverages at 7am the odd time!:o
    :pac:

Jaysus, that's a bit shít! I used to work Sun/Mon/Tues nights on 12 hr shifts, in the end I got fed up trying to adjust back to "normal" hours on my days off so I just stayed on night shift mode on my days off! A 36hr awake stint wasn't uncommon to me!
    Had a mate on the same hours roughly, we may have had beverages at 7am the odd time!:o
    :pac:
    bleh.

It's not shift work; I was in this morning for my normal day (well, left at 3 cos I knew I was back in tonight)

Operators don't allow work during the day time so offpeak hours are when I get to work.

yay...

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

I saw a bear today! Was on the way to dinner with the lads. He was just outside the apartment. We called him Bob.

Kev.OC wrote: »
    I saw a bear today! Was on the way to dinner with the lads. He was just outside the apartment. We called him Bob.
    a bear?

O.o

Class! Hows the job in Whistler going then?!

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

kaimera wrote: »
    a bear?

O.o

Yep, a bear. Young black/brown bear. Not sure which cause it was dark and he was in the bushes. Big bastard too, considering he was only like half-grown.
    Class! Hows the job in Whistler going then?!

No job yet, but the course is going well. First day today. Was out with no practice, wearing new boots, riding new skis. Did maybe 5 hours skiing. Absolutely wrecked. Only 9pm here but I think it might be bedtime.

How goes Canada for yourself?

No job yet, but the course is going well. First day today. Was out with no practice, wearing new boots, riding new skis. Did maybe 5 hours skiing. Absolutely wrecked. Only 9pm here but I think it might be bedtime.

How goes Canada for yourself?

Oh sounds deadly! My housemate was up there over the weekend, he said its mad craic altogether. He tried snowboarding, he said he did nothing but fall about the place!
    Ya going grand for me, I've a house got and a job, not paying too well so I've an interview for a different job lined up tomorrow. Hopefully it goes ok and I begin to "make money money money, make money moneyyyyyy!":D

0509...still in work.

least i get OT!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Looks like the rainy season is starting here :( Woke up to thunder and lightning. However I am going to search town tomorrow for Christmas stuff:D

Daisies wrote: »
    Looks like the rainy season is starting here :( Woke up to thunder and lightning. However I am going to search town tomorrow for Christmas stuff:D
    aww :)

good news guys! i get to go home to bed now! phones will be turned off.

kaimera wrote: »
    aww :)

good news guys! i get to go home to bed now! phones will be turned off.

enjoy the snooze!:D

Thunderbolts of Lightening?

Very very frightening?....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Thunderbolts of Lightening?

Very very frightening?....

It's stopped now. I'm fascinated by lightening. Especially the fork lightening we get here. Could sit and look at it for hours.

Morning all!! How are we all today?

awec wrote: »
    You know, back when I first met you, I thought to myself that you would make a fine fire safety officer. True story.

Really? I instantly thought, "I wouldn't leave him in charge of a chair"

Really? I instantly thought, "I wouldn't leave him in charge of a chair"

I'm with Daisies on this one.
    Morning all :)

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    I am sure if a fire broke out in the gents club Panthro would step in and lead us all to safety, like moses led his mates through the jungle or whatever it was.

Sure he would. He's just lock the place up and leg it.

Morning all....this morning is dragging in comparison with yesterday :(

Morning all....this morning is dragging in comparison with yesterday :(

Totally agree - I think today has lasted about a fortnight!!

Totally agree - I think today has lasted about a fortnight!!
    Yesterday was so fast for a Monday too....lunch and going home time before I knew it :(

Yeah I agree completely - that's why i think tuesday is the biggest bastard of the week - it's a wannabe monday and lasts what feels like twice as long!

• Advertisement

Yeah I agree completely - that's why i think tuesday is the biggest bastard of the week - it's a wannabe monday and lasts what feels like twice as long!
    True, once you hit Wednesday and get it over with it's all gravy seeing as Thursday is like a dress rehersal for Friday :D

Bloc Party are playing Dublin next year early on but they're on Tuesday and Wednesday...might try go Tuesday and work out of Dublin or something....haven't been too fond of their latest stuff though

True, once you hit Wednesday and get it over with it's all gravy seeing as Thursday is like a dress rehersal for Friday :D

Bloc Party are playing Dublin next year early on but they're on Tuesday and Wednesday...might try go Tuesday and work out of Dublin or something....haven't been too fond of their latest stuff though
    D'Agger where do you find out about all these gigs?

Pembily wrote: »
    D'Agger where do you find out about all these gigs?
    I was on Ticketmaster earlier looking into getting tickets to a match for my Dad for Christmas and decided to give a look to see who's playing Dublin and Cork soon :)

Damn you Dublin with your far better acts!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,523 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

This bit of chocolate is weird. It's like biting into a block of wood!

Afternoon all.

This bit of chocolate is weird. It's like biting into a block of wood!

Afternoon all.
    Galaxy Teak....all the rage :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement