Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,523 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Not that I Google that or anything...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Not that I Google that or anything...

Bah hahahaha
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Currently having references checked for the job I interviewed for last week.

Its lookin promising!!!

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

That is definitely a good sign man!!

fingers crossed for ya! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Necronos wrote: »

Its lookin promising!!!

From this I've learned that you keep in contact with previous work colleagues - I'd give you the job anyway :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Daisies wrote: »
    Really? I instantly thought, "I wouldn't leave him in charge of a chair"
    Banned!
    Sauve wrote: »
    I'm with Daisies on this one.
    Morning all :)
    Banned!

Its lookin promising!!!

Banned! (for hitting the "Thanks" button to the above, guilty by association buddy!...Oh P.S....good luck with the job! :D )
    awec wrote: »
    You know, back when I first met you, I thought to myself that you would make a fine fire safety officer. True story.
    Awww shucks!..:o

Anywhos! So the interview went pretty well I thought, they were impressed wth my previous work exp/portfolio. The only downside I fear is not having a car over here though. I'll hear from them next week I'd say.
    Took the rest of the day off my actual job...ara eff it, might aswel!:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,523 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Are you heading to the oil fields, Alberta direction...if I have that right? Was told (with a grain of salt) that once you're up there for a while you have more money than sense...saw plenty of big fook off Ford F350's and 450s, though I wasn't near the field oil fields. Also saw huge sleeping bags which looked like the weight 2-3 duvets stitched together. :eek:

Are you heading to the oil fields, Alberta direction...if I have that right? Was told (with a grain of salt) that once you're up there for a while you have more money than sense...saw plenty of big fook of Ford F350's and 450s, though I wasn't near the field oil fields. Also saw huge sleeping bags which looked like the weight 2-3 duvets stitched together. :eek:

Who me?!
    I am in me scratch heading to the oil fields, I get blisters pointing!:pac:
    I'm in Vancouver for the past 2months, I like it here. I've no real interest in heading north at this moment in time, (tis cauld!) whereas the weather here is similar enough to home at the min at the summers are supposed to be lovely.
    If I got a good job that pays pretty well, ll I'll be settling down here I think. (getting auld!)
    Think Kev OC. might be who you are thinking of. He is up in Whistler at the min. Chilly on the willy up there I'd say!

What's the situation with heading over and working there anyway? Even if you get a job, do you have to leave after a year or something? I haven't ruled out exiting these shoes anyway.

• Advertisement

What's the situation with heading over and working there anyway? Even if you get a job, do you have to leave after a year or something? I haven't ruled out exiting these shoes anyway.

I'm here on a 1yr working holiday visa but as of the next round of Visa's due out, instead of being allowed to come here for 1 year, you are allowed in for 2!.
    So basically if I stick it out here for my 1 year, apply for a get the next Visa and stick it out for 2 more years, I'll be here 3 years and I think that's the length of time I need to be here in order to qualify for residency! (That's looking way into the future I know!)

Fingers crossed, then!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Morning all!

Happy birthday Daisies!! :)

Hope my manager doesn't mind me listening to Christmas fm :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

*wave*

Morning y'all.

bday? where? is there e-cake? congrats!

/me throws confetti.

Happy Birthday Dasies!!

Happy-birthday-penguin-cupcake.gif_thumb.jpg

How is everyone today?

Happy Birthday Daisies, have a great hump day!

36hours until I get paid....going drinking with all the lads from football Friday night too so it can't come soon enough!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

D'Agger wrote: »

Happy Birthday Daisies, have a great hump day!

36hours until I get paid....going drinking with all the lads from football Friday night too so it can't come soon enough!

ohh yeah payday.. and the 12 pubs of Xmas with work on Friday :D

Between that and with my car tax and insurance due at the end of the month, I'll be broke by Monday :rolleyes:

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    ohh yeah payday.. and the 12 pubs of Xmas with work on Friday :D

Between that and with my car tax and insurance due at the end of the month, I'll be broke by Monday :rolleyes:
    Yeah I've rent, car loan and I've to put new tyres on the car asap from what I can tell...then Christmas shopping

I get paid early for January which will help but that's pretty much just pushing the financial woes on to January :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Got the job.

Whooooooooooo Hooooooooo!

• Advertisement

Got the job.

Congratulations buddy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Got the job.

Wuhooooo :D:D Well done :D

Congrats bro! \o/

(again!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Well done necronos :)

yay well done :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Well done neccy :)

Got the job.

I see your "Got the job" and I raise you "I've got the job too!"
    Contract until next Sept with a view to renew it pending me getting a 2nd year Visa in this fine country.
    Phwoar!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Got the job.

Panthro wrote: »
    Contract until next Sept with a view to renew it pending me getting a 2nd year Visa in this fine country.

Congratulations gentlemen. Ye deserve a beer!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Got the job.

tumblr_m3s0gaE2Uu1r9b4qf.gif

Congrats!

Panthro that's savage :D I'm delighted for you!!

• Advertisement

Congrats Panthro :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

kudos all round :)

next round is on ether of you two ;) :P

Well done Panthro!!

And it's Thursday!! Almost there! :D

Congrats Panthro!! \o/

tumblr_left48gCkY1qf8yek.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys. Twas a little different to my other ones!

Congrats Neccy and Panthro. Making a contribution to society at last :P I see my bribery paid off!

Good morning all :)

I am going Christmas jumper shopping tonight :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

Well gents I would require some advice. Could anyone tell me a decent place around drumcondra, mountjoy for a haircut!?I have fairly long hair so a barber would hack me!

Pembily wrote: »
    Good morning all :)

I am going Christmas jumper shopping tonight :D:D:D
    I may need to get a Christmas jumper for our 12 pubs....would you be so good as to let me know if you find any particularly nice ones because it's not something I want to spend much time doing :D

I may need to get a Christmas jumper for our 12 pubs....would you be so good as to let me know if you find any particularly nice ones because it's not something I want to spend much time doing :D

Penneys have fairly daycent ones in atm D'Agger.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

These guys have a decent range:

Linky

They are based on Duke St, just off Grafton st.

I sure will :)
    awec wrote: »
    I also need a Christmas jumper, but I need the cheesiest, sh!ttest looking Christmas jumper about!
    Thankfully I am being nice and getting you one just like that ;)

Thank you.

Thank you all for feeding my complete and utter laziness :D

We do the 12 pubs every year in ugly xmas jumpers, so well versed in that side of the fashion industry :D

We do the 12 pubs every year in ugly xmas jumpers, so well versed in that side of the fashion industry :D
    Any other suggestions as that site isn't cheesy enough!

A x 12 pub pub crawl dressed in Christmas jumpers?!

Pembily wrote: »
    Any other suggestions as that site isn't cheesy enough!

These are fairly bad Linky

failing that, make your own.. Only limit is your imagination :D

A x 12 pub pub crawl dressed in Christmas jumpers?!

Yup!! :D

failing that, make your own.. Only limit is your imagination :D

Some ideas from ebay:

Linky 1

$(KGrHqN,!iEFChVEHCnkBQsqMVFuzw~~60_57.JPG

Linky 2

$T2eC16h,!wsE9suw0P7lBQpsJd4lwQ~~60_57.JPG

Linky 3

$(KGrHqFHJE4E+zoVUltKBQZj,jWUfw~~60_3.JPG

Linky 4

$T2eC16NHJF8E9nnC6IbqBQtCzluZLg~~60_57.JPG

Linky 5

$(KGrHqV,!i8FCzy8ojclBQtD!RoQ7w~~60_57.JPG

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement