Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Congrats to D'Agger on his modship. :cool:

D'Agger a mod??? When did all this happen? :confused:

G'damn work getting in the way of my online life.. :pac:

Hello everyone, how was the weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

awec wrote: »
    Think you must have the same one as me?

Probably - have the saloon which I'm not sure if I prefer to be honest, sometimes I look at hatchbacks and think they look sleeker!
    Congrats to D'Agger on his modship. :cool:

Thank you good sir :)
    ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    D'Agger a mod??? When did all this happen? :confused:

G'damn work getting in the way of my online life.. :pac:

Hello everyone, how was the weekend?

This happened somewhere in between two hard days of drinking for me....recovering today big time!

How was yours TP?

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

D'Agger wrote: »
    This happened somewhere in between two hard days of drinking for me....recovering today big time!

How was yours TP?

12 pubs of Xmas on Friday, was in work at 7.30am yesterday morning and currently packing as off away tomorrow with work.. no rest for the wicked!! :pac:

Congrats on the modship sir.. :)

Ah I've the hatchback, the saloons are pretty rare!

I'll post a pic when I finally wash it - might actually valet it this week if I can afford it, would save me loads of time and it's something I've been meaning to do for quite some time!
    12 pubs of Xmas on Friday, was in work at 7.30am yesterday morning and currently packing as off away tomorrow with work.. no rest for the wicked!! :pac:

Congrats on the modship sir.. :)

Had 12pubs last night myself - was incredibly tender for the first three pubs considering I was hungover really badly from Free drink on Friday with the football team.

Can't wait to get back playing again, a funny bunch of lads :)

That sucks about working man - nature of IT though, I'll eventually have to work a full Saturday to recable and clean up our comms room....not looking forward to it atall!

Had 12pubs last night myself - was incredibly tender for the first three pubs considering I was hungover really badly from Free drink on Friday with the football team.

Can't wait to get back playing again, a funny bunch of lads :)

That sucks about working man - nature of IT though, I'll eventually have to work a full Saturday to recable and clean up our comms room....not looking forward to it atall!

Oh I was tender yesterday I tell ya. I took Friday off to prepare for it and barely made it. But I had to as I was organising the whole thing, so would have looked fairly bad if I didn't last till the end :o

Yeah thats IT, if ya don't like it, look for something else to do. It never is and never will be 9-5.

You're lucky if it only takes one day, would take a month to recable our one.. well the one in Dublin anyway :pac:

Its great getting back playing sports, finally started back playing basketball again. I knew I missed it, but had no idea how much until I started back.

Oh I was tender yesterday I tell ya. I took Friday off to prepare for it and barely made it. But I had to as I was organising the whole thing, so would have looked fairly bad if I didn't last till the end :o

Yeah thats IT, if ya don't like it, look for something else to do. It never is and never will be 9-5.

You're lucky if it only takes one day, would take a month to recable our one.. well the one in Dublin anyway :pac:

Its great getting back playing sports, finally started back playing basketball again. I knew I missed it, but had no idea how much until I started back.
    Basketballs great for fitness too - always on the go and a physically demanding game!

True - I'm lucky at the moment I'm 9-5:30 but get away with coming in early to get stuff done rather than needing weekends.

The cabling would only be for the phone system and our office is small enough in Cork but still growing so best to get it organized and a good practice in place now before it grows out of hand y'know yourself sure!

Basketballs great for fitness too - always on the go and a physically demanding game!

True - I'm lucky at the moment I'm 9-5:30 but get away with coming in early to get stuff done rather than needing weekends.

The cabling would only be for the phone system and our office is small enough in Cork but still growing so best to get it organized and a good practice in place now before it grows out of hand y'know yourself sure!

Yeah just make sure everyone is working off the same set of rules, thats the problem with our place, getting everyone to do things right from the start. Ahh we will get there. Nothing some time in the dungeons can't sort :pac: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Congrats D'Agger :) You defo have to come to beers now.

I ran my first 5k today, am still buzzing from it :D Cooking Christmas dinner on Tuesday and I'm putting up our tree! It's Christmas time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Got all my Christmas shopping done today,even the bird.

We were in Kildare village and she saw a DKNY handbag she loved so happy days for meh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Just home from a weekend out in Galway! Which culminated in our bringing our inebriated friend home at one of clock! So no dancing for me! :( Nice weekend all the same!

Now off to read a play I'll be auditioning for in January (am-dram). Very excited about it!!!!

Pembily wrote: »
    Congrats D'Agger :) You defo have to come to beers now.

I ran my first 5k today, am still buzzing from it :D Cooking Christmas dinner on Tuesday and I'm putting up our tree! It's Christmas time :D

Cheers Pem :) Yeah I can't hide forever I suppose :pac:
    Necronos wrote: »
    Got all my Christmas shopping done today,even the bird.

We were in Kildare village and she saw a DKNY handbag she loved so happy days for meh!

Efficient much :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Evening all!! How are we?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I think I may have been asked out on a date but I'm not sure.
    I'll fecking find out though, that's for sure!:D
    "For sure"..French Canadians say that a lot...for sure.

Edit* nope she's bringing her brother.
    Yahtzee!

Not too bad Mr GB and yourself? Good weekend?

Panthro wrote: »

Yahtzee!

Bloody Candians eh? :pac:

Bloody Candians eh? :pac:

A rare aul breed with a rather strange accent is what they are!
    Feck it anyways, was hoping to spend a few hours with herself, she's got a Ballybofey (sp?) accent...swoooooon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

apart from the terrible hangover from downing too many mulled wine & rum concoctions, not bad. And yourself?

Dark Knight Rises is out on bluray tomorrow, which is great cause I haven't seen it yet :)

Get on it. It's awesome.

Just realised I had signatures hidden.

I don't think I've been missing out on much :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Just sit in a slightly uncomfortable seat, turn off the lights, eat junk, make sure someone near you is eating/rustling and whispering loudly and turn up the sound on the telly seriously loud. BOOM! Instant cinema!

Oh, and don't forget to charge yourself minimum 20 euro for the whole experience.

Actually, send it on to me because I have essentially created a home cinema for you there with my stellar advice.

Dark Knight Rises is out on bluray tomorrow, which is great cause I haven't seen it yet :)
    Enjoy it sir - got it about two weeks ago on Blu Ray thanks to the interwebz - really enjoyed seeing it the second time with the 5.1 blaring, lights out and plenty popcorn :)

No surround sound here unfortunately. :(
    Ah either way it'll be good :)

Mines basically 5.1 PC speakers hooked up to the TV - check it out man, cheap enough for a set of Logitech and the sound is very good out of them.

Also, maybe somebody can tell me why I can't buy a surround system for a blu ray or dvd system and hook it up to a TV....it's strange because I've never even see or heard of adapters for them.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I was exhausted uo until 5 minutes ago. It would appear I have a caffeine induced second wind coming on....

Yahtzee!

Her brother eh? Kinky :pac:

Er, it's been out since Friday >_>

Galvasean wrote: »
    I was exhausted uo until 5 minutes ago. It would appear I have a caffeine induced second wind coming on....

Her brother eh? Kinky :pac:

Yeah...I Gareth Baled out of going, thinking a Modern Family marathon with a large hot chocolate is proper called for!:D

I'm trying to write. I've been finding excuses not to all day. That's it, making tea THEN i swear I'm gonna start writing...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,523 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I saw the standard DVD in HMV yesterday, but wasn't really paying attention, so I didn't see the Blu-Ray. I presume BR is a simultaneous release...

They just use the UK release date for advert purposes. We always get stuff the Friday before the official release date which is a Monday in the uK for whatever reason.

I still can't believe you haven't seen it yet!!! That's just wrong!!

Oh, I was looking at hmv.co.uk, that'd be why.

Fcuk sake! :(

HMV has made you weak.
    .co.uk has defeated you!

Galvasean wrote: »
    \o/ I was right :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

TDKR is kinda duff anyway so you ain't missing much.

• Advertisement

Just got asked out...
    On a date...

By a girl!..:eek:

(the one I mentioned earlier, so yeahh..Get zeee fúck innnn!)

I'm happy with once :)
    Just got asked out...
    On a date...

Wuhooooooo ;):p

Morning all! How are we on this freezing monday morning!?

Just got asked out...
    On a date...

tumblr_mdvfg3jy7l1qbnggp.jpg

Can't sleep. Lying wide awake, tossing and turning and can't get comfortable.

Really, really frustrating :mad:
    Thought you'd be less frustrated with all that tossing
    Just got asked out...
    On a date...

Hopefully that's what she'll be saying :cool:

bluewolf wrote: »
    Thought you'd be less frustrated with all that tossing

Hopefully that's what she'll be saying :cool:
    Big props for not even needing to warm up this morning Bluey - straight into it :pac:

No time for foreplay! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

*wave* another weekend down and another monday.

No night work this week and i'm off for a few days from wed. \o/ go me!

Far cry 3 here I finish (and maybe my CV too!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Look at you D'Agger all bolded. No better man.

Jaysus I am just about recovered after the weekend. 12 pubs on Saturday but did that stop us on Friday? Nope. Twas funny to see the Malawians looking so confused with a group of 20 odd white people covered in tinsel traipsing around town. We picked up quite a few stragglers too. Only downfall was the boy getting pickpocketed in one bar, phone and about a months wages taken.:mad:

Yesterday was spent watching the Dark Knight Rises and Skyfall while lying on a mattress, eating popcorn.

How is all in Ireland?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement