Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

OMG youre going to Nordy land arent you?!
    Dont forget about Taytos :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,316 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

While you're in Nordy land, maybe call across and get a taste of the mighty drink we call Football Special

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Thought it was unique to Donegal, can you get it in NI, too?

Have ordered the boards t-shirt. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

D'Agger wrote: »
    I admire your love of Chorizo - that's one tasty food stuff right there!

If you're overloading it try to get the fillings to one side so that you have a light side to flip over

I'm also glad to see another omlette flipper on the thread. Take that Pem!! :pac:
    Have you ever cooked your scrambled eggs in the oil of panfried chorizo? YUM :D
    Sauve wrote: »
    Chickpeas Hermoine! I grew them!
    Well, when I say I grew them- I had a plant that didnt like Ireland very much. It did produce about 12 chickpeas though. They were AMAZING :cool:
    You are my new favourite person! That's an amazing achievement :pac:
    You sould really try your best to make it! I am not just saying this because myself and galvasean are running it - but it is for an amazing cause!
    I know, but I will still donate to the cause somehow if I can't make it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Pembily wrote: »
    I never said there was anything wrong with it :P

It was the way you said it :D

• Advertisement

Hermione* wrote: »
    Have you ever cooked your scrambled eggs in the oil of panfried chorizo? YUM :D

I haven't....I'd imagine it'd be unreal but not sure about Chorizo for breakfast....don't knock it 'til you've tried it I guess though!

I haven't....I'd imagine it'd be unreal but not sure about Chorizo for breakfast....don't knock it 'til you've tried it I guess though!
    I would tend to have it whenever I was having a later breakfast, say, at weekends. It’s no different to having any other sausage for breakfast. It’s amazing after a late night! Especially with a side of slow roasted cherry tomatoes.

€1 on a bottle of wine in the Budget. Sadfaces :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,316 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Thought it was unique to Donegal, can you get it in NI, too?

Have ordered the boards t-shirt. :)

Yeah, I was saying to call over to Donegal since already up the north part of Ireland. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Good stuff.

What sort of chorizo do y'all go far, pre-sliced or the sausage? Managed to find some in Canada when I was there - made for a good camping meal. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Dunno can I make it on the 28th either, possibly be stuck in the shticks!
    Each to their own. I had 5 chips with my lunch today, they were yummy.

Just 5? :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

awec wrote: »
    Who doesn't flip an omelette?!

I dont, I put extra cheese on it and put it under a grill to finish cooking and let the cheese melt through :)

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    I dont, I put extra cheese on it and put it under a grill to finish cooking and let the cheese melt through :)
    But sure TP there's nothing manly about that - you have to be pokin' or proddin' the food somehow....although extra cheese is never a bad call, credit where it's due n' all

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

But sure TP there's nothing manly about that - you have to be pokin' or proddin' the food somehow....although extra cheese is never a bad call, credit where it's due n' all

Eh its an omlette not roadkill.. you don't need to keep checking if it's still dead!! :pac: :D

Yes, cheese, chorizo, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and a little spring or red onion.. nyom nyom.

Making me hungry now.. Ohh look I have eggs, chorizo, tomatoes, onion and some mushrooms in the fridge!! No peppers, but it will do :D

I think you'll find I already suggested the extra-cheese version :pac:

I am having frittata for tea :D

I think you'll find there is an echo in here due to lack of activity :pac: :D

Or she's having a double frittata...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

So good, she posted it twice!

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Double post. My bad. Didn't even notice until I read back the thread! :o :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Cooked like a pro :)

So Pem does maths and yoga at the same time? Wha? Congrats. :pac:

Cooked like a pro :)

Why thank you young lady.. :D

Its amazing what you learn watching cooking and foodie programmes on TV and believe me, I watch enough of them :o

^^ I am addicted to food programmes! Very annoyed over outcome of Masterchef Professionals :mad:

So Pem does maths and yoga at the same time? Wha? Congrats. :pac:
    Yeah I do maths in my head to help me relax while twisted in random positions :pac:

That tip came from my dad after he lived in France. I'm on a serious cheese buzz of late :D

After all todays chat Im making a curried omelette.
    Regular ingredients (onion, mushroom, tomato etc) but with half a spoon each of curry powder and chilli powder.
    Its the dogs goolies so tis.

After all todays chat Im making a curried omelette.
    Regular ingredients (onion, mushroom, tomato etc) but with half a spoon each of curry powder and chilli powder.
    Its the dogs goolies so tis.

Omlettes and dogs goolies.. not something I would consider mentioning in the same sentence, especially if you're trying to convince peeps of how good a new recipe is.. :pac:

Going to try this Rick Stein recipe in the next week or two, hopefully.

We should have a cooking/bake off. :pac:

• Advertisement

Curried omelette? Away you and take your head for a ****e!:pac:

I know, I was dubious too until I tried one. Its one of those things that sounds so wrong but is definitely worth a go. :)
    I'll make you one someday and convert you!!

Going to try this Rick Stein recipe in the next week or two, hopefully.

We should have a cooking/bake off. :pac:

That looks amazing, except I'd leave out the nutmeg..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

I know, I was dubious too until I tried one. Its one of those things that sounds so wrong but is definitely worth a go. :)
    I'll make you one someday and convert you!!

Sounds delish!

That looks amazing, except I'd leave out the nutmeg..

Yeah? I'd just use powdered cinnamon out of laziness...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Sounds delish!

I'm a bit disturbed that I just said "delish"...that seems wrong...

For some reason I've watched every single bit of budget coverage today yet I have not listened to one word.

Yeah? I'd just use powdered cinnamon out of laziness...

not a fan of either tbh..

• Advertisement

It look savage Black. I may try it.

I.love cinnamon and nutmeg and have one or both in my porridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Date's off. She will be traveling in the new year and nahh...
    Off I go back under the oul "eff it I'm grand, I don't need anyone anyways" rock.
    A small bit disappointed.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Panthro wrote: »
    Off I go back under the oul "eff it I'm grand, I don't need anyone anyways" rock.

hands Panthro a Beer

:(

Panthro wrote: »

Wimmins eh? Can't live with em, can't *insert own thoughts here* :mad:

Sorry mate..

• Advertisement

Buenos manana!

Good morning you little ray of sunshine :pac:

Panthro whats for ya wont pass you. A wise man said that. Once.

Whats for you wont pass you:

If it's meant to be it'll happen.
    If its not meant to be, it wont happen.
    If it's meant for you, it won't pass you.
    Que sera sera. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Morning all!

I hate DPD with the firey passion of a thousand suns!

That is all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Anyone here ever try TRX training? Friend of mine swears by it!

I may get the kit for xmas - or more than likely after xmas when I have more disposable income!

Anyone here ever try TRX training? Friend of mine swears by it!

I may get the kit for xmas - or more than likely after xmas when I have more disposable income!
    Yup - there's a number of very good trx moves for core work - came across them when researching pilates & core workout exercises before hitting the gym.

I wouldn't know much about how well it works for upper body etc. but I'd imagine for core and toning it's fairly good.

I'm doing trx & kettlebell classes
    I have no idea what a home kit would be like, you rest all your weight on the trx straps, so you'd need something sturdy holding them. Our place has a really heavy duty pole fixed into the walls for it
    Love doing it, it's great for arms etc
    we do a lot of these
    http://newspaper.li/static/130498e3bab97645a36c71fdcfc29f6c.png
    and pushups
    http://www.sweatlikeapig.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/push-up.png
    and squats
    http://www.sweatlikeapig.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/TRX_Squat.jpg

It look savage Black. I may try it.

I.love cinnamon and nutmeg and have one or both in my porridge.
    I also. They’re supposed to be very good for the tum and digestion, which is a nice bonus!

I really want to try TRX. It sounds like a more hardcore Pilates.

I’m going to see Bruce Springsteen in Thomond Park next summer! SO EXCITED. Also going to see him in Cork. Which is less exciting, but still awesome. ALL THE EXCITEMENT \0/ :D

I don't think I would like the trx. Not a fan of straps, I would get all caught up in them and tangeled and ultimately fall :o

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement