Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

awec a mod! WTF? :eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Daisies wrote: »
    awec a mod! WTF? :eek::eek:

Its only cos Galen left and they had to show their multi-culturalism. He hasnt got any actual powers, the title is just for show :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,316 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Stranger things have happened. Not sure when but I'm sure they have. And I can say that after being in the Ripley's Believe It or Not museum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I thought one of the lads who have been around for longer would have got it but sure f*ck it - such is life!!

Congrats (again!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I applied for the position myself. Apparently my borderline obsession with collecting items which I think resemble my own likeness was deemed too 'concerning'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I thought one of the lads who have been around for longer would have got it but sure f*ck it - such is life!!

Congrats (again!)

What about one of the ladies?

Congrats (again!)

Best for the job were chosen, think its more about that than longevity of posting!

Jaysus but Im hungry- Id eat the leg off a scabby child.

Congrats (again!)

Best for the job were chosen, think its more about that than longevity of posting!

Jaysus but Im hungry- Id eat the leg off a scabby child.

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Wimmins eh? Can't live with em, can't *insert own thoughts here* :mad:

Can't live with 'em... can't kill 'em!

• Advertisement

Pembily wrote: »

Actually, not everybody knows it, but we have a lady Mod.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Actually, not everybody knows it, but we have a lady Mod.
    I know and she does an amazing job but ye need women to keep ye in line :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

At least the other mods will be able to translate if we can't comprehend awec's nordiness, I mean, sometimes you've a better chance of understanding Klingon. :pac:

Congrats to both himself and TP, though. :cool:

That comment is sexist... or something.

Either way I don't feel safe and am leaving the internet forever, only to show up less than a week later with a new blog and a book deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Ah yeah, but we all know he'll be reporting back to you!

Congrats TP and awec btw :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Galva Park - Director's Cut, with extra dinosaurs?

• Advertisement

Ah yeah, but we all know he'll be reporting back to you!

Congrats TP and awec btw :)
    Eh cheeky; he fecking won't, I won't listen to him moan about it :p

Pem: "awec, Castor's being mean to me!"
    awec "banned!"

And will keep going til this place belongs to mods only

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Pem: "awec, Castor's being mean to me!"
    awec "banned!"

And will keep going til this place belongs to mods only
    Pem: Castor's being mean to me.

Awec: joins in on the being mean!

That's realistically what will happen :pac:

True but I was trying to paint awec in a positive light being all that he's all moddy now

True but I was trying to paint awec in a positive light being all that he's all moddy now

Translation: sucking up! :P

• Advertisement

I demand a recount!!

Congrats :p

Nah he is just afk!
    Teehee :P

Like you wouldn't. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

sorry for the delay in replying - saw my opportunity to leave work - took it!!

I meant lads in the widest spectrum, completely all encompassing form of the word!!

Big words are fun! :D:p

I just realised I am the top poster in this thread by over 80 posts :o

Like you wouldn't. :rolleyes:

S'ok bud, you can admit it.
    G'wan. All friends here.*

?
    Looks like top poster by 40 posts to me...I'm 6th on the list, I can live with that!

*Except for that grames one, watch out for him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Go home Rodger

Panthro wrote: »
    Go home Rodger
    Yea I thought it was 80 but its 40, I mistook a 5 for an 8 :o

I blame the wine!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I'll take the silver....no shame in that

*I really want to duplicate this post 40 times but I aint gona play y'all like that :pac:

D'Agger wrote: »
    I'll take the silver....no shame in that

*I really want to duplicate this post 40 times but I aint gona play y'all like that :pac:
    Yeah I was in the top 3 in the last two off topic threads too :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Evening all..

End of the working week for me.. woohoo!! But what a bloody week :mad:

Hows all?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Evening all..

End of the working week for me.. woohoo!! But what a bloody week :mad:

Hows all?

On My last night for a few Days....

Work party tomorrow night
    Comedy Gig Saturday
    Sunday dinner with the mammy
    Cocktails And Dancing on Monday

tumblr_limtwqsfsG1qbmcdy.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

On My last night for a few Days....

Work party tomorrow night
    Comedy Gig Saturday
    Sunday dinner with the mammy
    Cocktails And Dancing on Monday

tumblr_limtwqsfsG1qbmcdy.jpg

Nice!!

Yeah I have a short week next week too. Off on Monday, work for 2 days and then off again on Thurs, Fri and Mon.. spending the weekend in Belgium and hopefully heading to the Xmas markets in Bruges. :)

Morning all...

I'v only 8 working days left till my Christmas holidays :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Morning all. Motivation = zilch today. So I am currently perusing the online sales for the last summer clothes bits.

Daisies wrote: »
    Morning all. Motivation = zilch today. So I am currently perusing the online sales for the last summer clothes bits.
    Are you buying anything nice?

I hate weighing scales :(

Never mind them you look great :)

yoga is great. Only 3 of us there last night so got lots of teacher attention and improved

bluewolf wrote: »
    Never mind them you look great :)

yoga is great. Only 3 of us there last night so got lots of teacher attention and improved

I had that in my practice on Monday, it was great, it's like a private lesson :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Nice!!

Yeah I have a short week next week too. Off on Monday, work for 2 days and then off again on Thurs, Fri and Mon.. spending the weekend in Belgium and hopefully heading to the Xmas markets in Bruges. :)

Let us know if ya see Colin Farrell :p

Seriously, would love to go myself. Say it's a really nice village/town.

On a half day today, have to get some shopping done. Am completely clueless in what to get :(

• Advertisement

Happy Friday all :)

Did Pilates twice yesterday seeing as I didn't hit the gym....going to try do it everyday if I can,

Maybe try join a class in January sometime that'll allow me to not have to skip it due to football - like....Saturday mornings or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

^^ I find I always push myself a little bit more in a class. Or rather, a good teacher ensures that I do so!
    I used to fo my Pilates on a Saturday morning. Great way to start the weekend!

Trying to plan my post-Christmas training schedule atm. Not sure I have enough evenings for everything I want to do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

On the wind down in current job,finishing next Friday so just arseing around and playing pranks on people.

Goin on the lash tonight then 12 pubs tomorrow,imma gonna be one sozzled beer cat.

:cool:

Yeah Hermi my friend and I want to do lindy hop classes on Mondays in the new year... German on Tues, singing weds, trx kettle bells Thurs I hope... And a mountain of study! :eek: oh and yoga on sat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

bluewolf wrote: »
    Yeah Hermi my friend and I want to do lindy hop classes on Mondays in the new year... German on Tues, singing weds, trx kettle bells Thurs I hope... And a mountain of study! :eek: oh and yoga on sat
    I used to do lindyhop classes on a Monday! :eek: So much fun.
    Kettlebells are on my list of things I want to do. Think I'll do Reformer Pilates rather than TRX. Tried a few classes and liked it a lot.

Hermione* wrote: »
    ^^ I find I always push myself a little bit more in a class. Or rather, a good teacher ensures that I do so!
    I used to fo my Pilates on a Saturday morning. Great way to start the weekend!

Trying to plan my post-Christmas training schedule atm. Not sure I have enough evenings for everything I want to do!

I'd like to have a bit more core work done so I'm not a complete novice when I start is the thing - need to do it though for definite so will have to look into it - my problem is that our training will change - I could have games at any time on Sat/Sun so I think Tuesday would be a safe day to do it.

It's hard to schedule training - I think I'm just going to try to go to the gym every day after work where I can - if I go 6 days a week then I'd manage to go full circle on my gym routine as I have 3 set days of training.
    Necronos wrote: »
    On the wind down in current job,finishing next Friday so just arseing around and playing pranks on people.

Goin on the lash tonight then 12 pubs tomorrow,imma gonna be one sozzled beer cat.

:cool:

I liked it better when you were a bear :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

It's always been beer cat D'Agger!

I'm hooked on yoga at the minute, doing it twice a week and have signed up to a 8k run in January and a 10k in March :eek: Buy January for all of us.

Did you make it to work Awec?

Hermione* wrote: »
    I used to do lindyhop classes on a Monday! :eek: So much fun.
    Kettlebells are on my list of things I want to do. Think I'll do Reformer Pilates rather than TRX. Tried a few classes and liked it a lot.

lol? How are we so alike sometimes?? :p
    Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it. We did a general intro to swing one once, and I'd love to do lindy hop!
    That's cool. I'm loving my trx and kettlebells even if I can barely do the KB squats! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Heh heh,squat.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement