Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

We had to wear Christmas jumpers to work today - I forgot and just picked up an auld Christmasy looking jumper that I hadn't worn in ages - probably musty because now I'm dying at work! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

It's party time and I've curly hair :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,316 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Pembily wrote: »
    It's party time and I've curly hair :D:D

Sounds like the lyrics to Saturday Night.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Evening all..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Evening all..

Aight TP. How's your Friday?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Sauve wrote: »
    Aight TP. How's your Friday?

Not too bad, was off work today. Getting ready for the work xmas night out tomorrow night and just about over my cold which I've had for most of this week and it annoying the hell out of me.

Hows you missus? Any plans for the weekend?

Not too bad, was off work today. Getting ready for the work xmas night out tomorrow night and just about over my cold which I've had for most of this week and it annoying the hell out of me.

Hows you missus? Any plans for the weekend?

Not a bad weekend by the sounds of it :)
    All quiet here, working tomorrow and have a 40k cycle for charidee on Sun morning so there'll be very little divilment for me. Might go out Sunday night though!

Not a bad weekend by the sounds of it :)
    All quiet here, working tomorrow and have a 40k cycle for charidee on Sun morning so there'll be very little divilment for me. Might go out Sunday night though!

Jeez yer a glutton for punishment.. :D

My next few weeks will be short enough as I have loads of hols to use up :P

Jeez yer a glutton for punishment.. :D

Ugh, I'll just put you on ignore there if you dont mind :pac:

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Ugh, I'll just put you on ignore there if you dont mind :pac:

You do that.. :p

awec wrote: »
    Cycling in this weather? Get your long johns out! :)

Yup, that one has a screw loose.. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Divilment? Shur there's never any of that around here. :pac:

Cycling in this weather? Get your long johns out! :)

Removable sleeves, booties over the shoes, and long leggins. Sexaaaayyyy :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Am also wondering about this removable sleeves business...some sort of new invention?

Removable sleeves?! Ye want them firmly attached in this weather!
    Am also wondering about this removable sleeves business...some sort of new invention?

http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_nkw=cycling+arm+sleeves&_frs=1

They're absolutely brilliant lads, honestly. You can just yank them off and stick them in your pocket once you warm up. They dont budge and are very comfy. I use them for running too.
    That and the shoe booties - get shoe booties! Its like wearing slippers on the bike.

This is where we all don't admit how much we've spent on fitness gear...

• Advertisement

This is where we all don't admit how much we've spent on fitness gear...

Nothing, nope sireee, not a penny

<.<.
    >.>.
    <.<.

Yeah awec - get them. End of :cool:

Haven't got out on the bike this past while as much as I'd like. I've probably lost it! :pac:

Not at all - you'll just be well rested!
    The cold isn't half the problem you think it is once youre ten mins down the road :)

I wore pretty thin gloves out one night because on a previous occasion one hand felt numb, but wearing gloves just got soggy after a while.

Ever wear those things in a non-exercise context? :pac:

Jeez, look these things up on amazon and it gets all political/religious - wtf?

Jeez, look these things up on amazon and it gets all political/religious - wtf?

Ya wha?!
    Stick to the sports sections dude!

• Advertisement

I have - one match had a review 'great product if you don't mind buying from Israel', another mentioned the hijab...

Lucky you. I've 7 days to take before Christmas or I lose them. Consider them lost since can't get them off. :(
    Removable sleeves, booties over the shoes, and long leggins. Sexaaaayyyy :pac:
    Less is more and all that. :)

Duke Special tomorrow night

Not at all - you'll just be well rested!
    The cold isn't half the problem you think it is once youre ten mins down the road :)
    Nah he's a wuss in this weather! Total wuss :pac: I was hoping to cycle tomorrow but drinking got in the way.

Evening all :)

My "not too many drinks" turned into a normal work night out. I'll be ill tomorrow :o

Enjoy Duke Special CT he's pretty class :)

Nah he's a wuss in this weather! Total wuss :pac: I was hoping to cycle tomorrow but drinking got in the way.

Evening all :)

My "not too many drinks" turned into a normal work night out. I'll be ill tomorrow :o

Enjoy Duke Special CT he's pretty class :)

Yep. Have seen him every time he's played Letterkenny. Last time he only played one of the songs everyone knew since it was when he was touring for "The Book, the Stage and the Silver Screen"

Castor are you from Donegal? :eek:
    Please tell me there's another North-Westie in here, Ive been seriously outnumbered! :P

• Advertisement

Please tell me there's another North-Westie in here, Ive been seriously outnumbered! :P

South Eastie here and I'm the only one..

so whatcha talkin about!! :cool::cool:

Gas clip. :pac:

Morning all. Any Saturday plans?

Family (extended) Christmas party today.

I'm alive :D I just had cheese on toast. It was savage! Daisies is responsible for that addiction :p

Morning all.

Where are ye having the party Black?

Southsoide, loike (my aunt's house).

What else is Daises responsible for? :p

Southsoide, loike (my aunt's house).

What else is Daises responsible for? :p
    Oohh fanchey :)

Oh a number of other horrors! Me running, me wearing red lipstick, me getting contact lenses, it's an endless list :pac:

I'm alive :D I just had cheese on toast. It was savage! Daisies is responsible for that addiction :p

Morning all.

Where are ye having the party Black?

Cheese on toast is amazing.. especially some emmental melted first, then break up some blue cheese and sprinkle over the melted emmental before putting it back under the grill.. nyom nyom :P

So where did you end up last night?

Cheese on toast is amazing.. especially some emmental melted first, then break up some blue cheese and sprinkle over the melted emmental before putting it back under the grill.. nyom nyom :P

So where did you end up last night?
    Nah not a fan of blue cheese on toast. Cheddar, edam or brie! I only like blue cheese on soup.

Ended up in town dancing till 4 and no injuries :)

Nah not a fan of blue cheese on toast. Cheddar, edam or brie! I only like blue cheese on soup.

Ended up in town dancing till 4 and no injuries :)

Always good.. Hope I'm the same tomorrow, Xmas night out tonight with work.. could get very messy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Gee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Myself and the housemate did the whole "drink until the next morn when the footy match is on" pact. Yeah I dosed off at some stage for the guts of half an hour, bucko is flat out asleep!
    He's got 17mins.

• Advertisement

Crap! My not very guarded secret is out.... I mean what? Donegal? Never heard of it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

hihi,

Anybody around early, say 6-ish for pre-comedy gig drinks?

Joe?

Drop me a pm if there's anybody about.

Enjoy the Comedy gig tonight, all those who're going!

kaimera wrote: »
    hihi,

Anybody around early, say 6-ish for pre-comedy gig drinks?

Joe?

Drop me a pm if there's anybody about.
    well that sucked. lol.

may as well get dressed for later so.

#fml

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Aw, I would have meet ya for a pint had I noticed...

Aw, I would have meet ya for a pint had I noticed...
    Awww. time you heading in around?

i r still free for pints. :)

Well Duke was good. Was a solo gig so wasn't the most lively of gigs. Still enjoyable.

And now back on the computer on a Saturday night. Must try and change that in the new year. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

How was the comedy gig?

Just dyed my hair...hmm am not sold on it, guess it'll grow on me (see what I did there? I so funneh)
    And no grames, didn't dye my hands this time :pac:

How was the comedy gig?

Just dyed my hair...hmm am not sold on it, guess it'll grow on me (see what I did there? I so funneh)
    And no grames, didn't dye my hands this time :pac:

Pics please... what colour did you choose this time? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

How was the comedy gig?

Pretty darn good overall. We raised upward of a grand.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement