Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Morning all.

My head is sore...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Hi Kev! Still alive pet?
    ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Pics please... what colour did you choose this time? :pac:

Don't have any pics right now but it's a chocolate colour...naturally it's more of a chestnut so I think the shock hasn't worn off yet. :D I had it purple/red over summer, a lot of fun when it started fading, I had pink and orange highlights for a while...
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Pretty darn good overall. We raised upward of a grand.

Wow, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Hi Kev! Still alive pet?

Hello! Ha, barely. There has been lots and lots of drinking over the last 2 weeks. :o

How's all at home?

Pink and orange highlights in purple hair? Were you just trying to see how many colours you could make your head? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I enjoyed the comedy.

had to run at the interval tho; other commitments.

Good craic, i always enjoy the comedy nights :)

Pld on the money raised! Also, I hope you and Sean had those shots...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,316 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Don't have any pics right now but it's a chocolate colour...naturally it's more of a chestnut so I think the shock hasn't worn off yet. :D I had it purple/red over summer, a lot of fun when it started fading, I had pink and orange highlights for a while...

Real guy type comment now: Aren't chocolate and chestnut the same colour?:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Pembily wrote: »
    Nah not a fan of blue cheese on toast. Cheddar, edam or brie! I only like blue cheese on soup.

Ended up in town dancing till 4 and no injuries :)

BRIE!!!!
    How was the comedy gig?

Just dyed my hair...hmm am not sold on it, guess it'll grow on me (see what I did there? I so funneh)
    And no grames, didn't dye my hands this time :pac:

PICCCCCS!!
    CastorTroy wrote: »

LOOK HEREEEEE

now.....COFFEEEEEE!

*My body is in no shape to be using words :(

D'Agger wrote: »

Exactly. See? Science!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Last week in old job this week,w00t.

Did the 12 pubs on Saturday then the bouncers wouldn't let me in to where the work party was on as they reckoned I was too drunk,they may have been right so I'm kinda glad they stopped me.

:pac:

Necronos wrote: »
    Last week in old job this week,w00t.

Did the 12 pubs on Saturday then the bouncers wouldn't let me in to where the work party was on as they reckoned I was too drunk,they may have been right so I'm kinda glad they stopped me.

:pac:
    Solid effort sir *tips cap

Kev.OC wrote: »
    Hello! Ha, barely. There has been lots and lots of drinking over the last 2 weeks. :o

How's all at home?

Pink and orange highlights in purple hair? Were you just trying to see how many colours you could make your head? :P

Ah, just think of it as a beer jacket cos it must be freezing there!
    Not deliberately in fairness :pac: When the purple started fading I ended up with pink and orange streaks, pretty sure there was a bitta blue too...

I forget where I'm posting sometimes :pac:
    My hair is...well hard to find a pic that's right but this is close enough, after dying it it's gone this colour.
    edit...actually that's not right but cba with google
    PICCCCCS!!

Noooooooo!

• Advertisement

I forget where I'm posting sometimes :pac:
    My hair is...well hard to find a pic that's right but this is close enough, after dying it it's gone this colour.
    edit...actually that's not right but cba with google

Can't look at the pics from work but I'm expecting a "Aw Ted it's a completely different sheep" type comparison

Noooooooo!

G'wan - give us a duck face too for the craic D4 head! :pac:

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

I'm so excited!
    And I just can't hide it!

do do do do do do do

Berlin will be fun :D

bluewolf wrote: »
    I'm so excited!

do do do do do do do

Das ist richtig!

Looks cool - must try to go there at some stage - maybe for my birthday in April for a weekend!

Anything else planned over there Bluey or are you just shopping etc. for Christmas.

No, I'm just visiting my friend who lives nearby. She moved there to work last month and I said I'd visit, and we both want to see Berlin. She won't be around on the friday so I'm going to go to that tour and chill out, then we'll figure out on the saturday what we want to do :)

No, I'm just visiting my friend who lives nearby. She moved there to work last month and I said I'd visit, and we both want to see Berlin. She won't be around on the friday so I'm going to go to that tour and chill out, then we'll figure out on the saturday what we want to do :)
    Ah nice, hope you both enjoy yourselves anyway - the nightlife is supposed to be unreal there too fwiw

I'm so excited!

do do do do do do do

Wrong song. Berlin sang Take My Breath Away.:pac:

Was over there in October. Trains are very handy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

lol? How are we so alike sometimes?? :p
    Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it. We did a general intro to swing one once, and I'd love to do lindy hop!
    That's cool. I'm loving my trx and kettlebells even if I can barely do the KB squats! :p
    Apart from the whole libertarian thing (:P), it’s a bit spooky sometimes tbh! :eek:
    Very jealous of your Berlin trip. It’s been on my to-go list for years.
    My hair is definitely more chestnut than chocolate. Chocolate implies a more browny shade of brown imo, but my hair is a rich, reddy brown. I’m not sure if this translates into bloke speak ... :pac:

I once went to my team Christmas lunch, then joined the building’s 12 pubs tour. I was the only person who was invited to both - was in a pub for approximately 14 hours. That night was my first ever time in Copper’s. I maintain the lads took advantage of me :p

This has been such a very long afternoon! Can’t even properly look forward to hometime as I have to go to Bikram first. Boo.

Hermione* wrote: »
    My hair is definitely more chestnut than chocolate. Chocolate implies a more browny shade of brown imo, but my hair is a rich, reddy brown. I’m not sure if this translates into bloke speak ... :pac:

I read "brown" :)
    I once went to my team Christmas lunch, then joined the building’s 12 pubs tour. I was the only person who was invited to both - was in a pub for approximately 14 hours. That night was my first ever time in Copper’s. I maintain the lads took advantage of me :p

:eek:

That night was my first ever time in Copper’s. I maintain the lads took advantage of me :p

In fairness that sounds about right for Coppers :pac:

*Cue KKK defence of Coppers

I meant, in getting me to go to Coppers :p I have always been notoriously anti-Coppers. I hate it. I lived in Dublin for eight years without once darkening its doors, until that night. I was just too tired to argue after ten hours of drinking! :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I meant, in getting me to go to Coppers :p I have always been notoriously anti-Coppers. I hate it. I lived in Dublin for eight years without once darkening its doors, until that night. I was just too tired to argue after ten hours of drinking! :pac:

Only 10 hours, lightweight :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I will also defend Coppers :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Bikram? Do you need a passport to get into there? :pac:

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    Coppers is a fine establishment too!

Of course you're not going to disagree. :pac:

• Advertisement

I have a headache and want a more chocolate :(

I have a headache and want a more chocolate :(

*offers chocolate painkillers*

Think it's time myself for a cup of tea and Celebrations and study

This is the reason you are my favouite :D:D

I am trying to listen to Christmas FM on my pc and it keeps cutting out :mad: I am not having a good day.

This is the reason you are my favouite :D:D

I am trying to listen to Christmas FM on my pc and it keeps cutting out :mad: I am not having a good day.

My christmas tree for my desk at work arrived
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/l9m8vk30pnn4ju3/2012-12-10%2014.48.35.jpg

It lights up different colours :o

My christmas tree for my desk at work arrived
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/l9m8vk30pnn4ju3/2012-12-10%2014.48.35.jpg

It lights up different colours :o
    Ah too cute :D

• Advertisement

I will also defend Coppers :P
    Weeeeell? I'm waiting to hear this defense :pac: I would have the chocolate, Pem. It has anti-oxidants, which are bound to be good for headache-fighting.

Only 10 hours, lightweight :pac:
    Oh, definitely. I drink my whiskey neat, just like a lightweight ;)

Tea, chocolate, University Challenge, and Masterchef. Recipe for a lovely sitdown :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Oohh fanchey :)

Oh a number of other horrors! Me running, me wearing red lipstick, me getting contact lenses, it's an endless list :pac:

I iz awesome in fairness! Covered in mosquito bites AGAIN. Not good

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Saw the dark knight rises on Saturday night. It was trés awesome! :)

How did you find of Bane's voice?

G'wan - give us a duck face too for the craic D4 head! :pac:

I'm beginning to dislike you. :pac:
    Wasn't your hair always that colour?! :pac:

Nope, it ain't! :P
    Actually I think every time you guys have seen me it's been shaded something or other..
    Apart from the whole libertarian thing (:P), it’s a bit spooky sometimes tbh! :eek:
    Very jealous of your Berlin trip. It’s been on my to-go list for years.My hair is definitely more chestnut than chocolate. Chocolate implies a more browny shade of brown imo, but my hair is a rich, reddy brown. I’m not sure if this translates into bloke speak ... :pac:

This has been such a very long afternoon! Can’t even properly look forward to hometime as I have to go to Bikram first. Boo.

Well translated!
    I love Coppers, it's amazing. I love Berlin too, was over there with a mate bout a year back, absolutely mental place but lots of fun!
    I was going to suggest bluey go to Kunsthaus Tacheles but it's been shut down :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

..Oh, definitely. I drink my whiskey neat, just like a lightweight ;)

Ehhh ok, I take that back.. *tips my hat* I'm impressed :o
    Hermione* wrote:
    Tea, chocolate, University Challenge, and Masterchef. Recipe for a lovely sitdown :D

All good except for University Challenge..

I'm sitting here, mug of tea, huge bar of Lindt with Hazelnuts and watching Masterchef.. heaven!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Good morning!

I'm having lemsip instead of my usual coffee, it is icky :P

Why doesn't this exist yet?!

I'm beginning to dislike you. :pac:

I'll fist pump to the use of the word 'beginning' :pac:

Morning all - I'm still bate!

I'll fist pump to the use of the word 'beginning' :pac:

Not saying a word :p

Why start now? :confused: :pac:

Is it a bad thing that I'm still recovering from my Xmas party on SATURDAY night :o

Is it a bad thing that I'm still recovering from my Xmas party on SATURDAY night :o
    Old age :p

Old age :p

That and a dose of the flu *sniffle* *cough* :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Morning all Afternoon all, I called in sick to work yesterday and am back today. Is it possible for the 3pm slump to hit a few hours early??

My desk is looking pretty comfy :pac:

SPEAK PRIEST!!

*Also at induction for work - sitting next to a good looking lady so good work day so far :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Morning all Afternoon all, I called in sick to work yesterday and am back today. Is it possible for the 3pm slump to hit a few hours early??

My desk is looking pretty comfy :pac:

Is this all leading back to the session you had on Saturday? That is some hangover!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement