Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

D'Agger wrote: »
    ... *Also at induction for work - sitting next to a good looking lady so good work day so far :)

Can you ask if she has any friends, if so, can you send them our way.. our place is like a sausagefest.. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Is this all leading back to the session you had on Saturday? That is some hangover!!

Pretty much yea... we didn't finish up until 8am Sunday morning! It'll take me a few days to fully recover too :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Ah here- shower of lightweights the lot of ye :D

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Can you ask if she has any friends, if so, can you send them our way.. our place is like a sausagefest.. :mad:
    Ahhhh.....nah :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Ahhhh.....nah :pac:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :mad::cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Has everyone recovered by now?

It's nearly my Friday :D:D:D

It's hump day!

Ugh - played indoor ball last night - broke up after it!

Hump day though so y'know....yay!

Ugh - played indoor ball last night - broke up after it!

Hump day though so y'know....yay!

I was going to google 'hump day' to see if I could find a funny pic to post here... then I remembered I was in work and realised all the possible results I may have got, that'd be a fun one to explain :cool:

I was going to google 'hump day' to see if I could find a funny pic to post here... then I remembered I was in work and realised all the possible results I may have got, that'd be a fun one to explain :cool:
    One of the benefits of working in IT :pac:

It wasn't that bad!

• Advertisement

One of the benefits of working in IT :pac:

It wasn't that bad!

I still won't chance it, plus the moment has passed now :p

I still won't chance it, plus the moment has passed now :p

Success... Found one :p

232442.jpg

<<<<< Moment :pac:

<<<<< Moment :pac:

I know... I was hoping you'd let me have this one :(:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,316 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I know... I was hoping you'd let me have this one :(:p

You know these mods. they think they run the place.:pac:

CastorTroy wrote: »
    You know these mods. they think they run the place.:pac:
    We're very like Soviet Army Commanders - we're all equal but you'll do what I say, when I say it :D:D

• Advertisement

We're very like Soviet Army Commanders - we're all equal but you'll do what I say, when I say it :D:D
    Nah I am a girl, I listen to no one :P

Also I am older than you :cool:

Pembily wrote: »
    Nah I am a girl, I listen to no one :P

Also I am older than you :cool:
    sadface+okay+meme+face.jpg

Lads, I feel the need to share this with you all and if it's an old trick that I'm very late to, then I apologize!

Girl I work was having coffee and put the instant coffee, sugar and milk in, stirred it while the kettle was boiling and then added hot water - so I decided to give it a bash and imo it makes the instant coffee so much nicer - seems more like a creamy beverage now rather than diesel-esque

Anyway....try it, and don't knock it until you have! :)

sadface+okay+meme+face.jpg

Lads, I feel the need to share this with you all and if it's an old trick that I'm very late to, then I apologize!

Girl I work was having coffee and put the instant coffee, sugar and milk in, stirred it while the kettle was boiling and then added hot water - so I decided to give it a bash and imo it makes the instant coffee so much nicer - seems more like a creamy beverage now rather than diesel-esque

I don't drink that much coffee.. but its strange that it makes that much of a difference to the taste..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

My Dad does it that way. It does actually make a difference imo, although I dislike instant. I keep a jar of ground coffee in my desk drawer and a small cafetiere on my desk. That cafetiere is one of the best tenners I have ever spent! :D

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

I don't drink that much coffee.. but its strange that it makes that much of a difference to the taste..
    Hermione* wrote: »
    My Dad does it that way. It does actually make a difference imo, although I dislike instant. I keep a jar of ground coffee in my desk drawer and a small cafetiere on my desk. That cafetiere is one of the best tenners I have ever spent! :D

Also not a fan of instant lads but it's what we have at work and needed something stronger than tea....also the girl in question is really good looking so I just used it as an excuse to talk to her :pac:

It's strange but I do notice a big difference, was wondering if it was placebo and idiotic man syndrome which I suffer from when talking to ladies - she could have told me the sky was green and I'd agree :D

Also not a fan of instant lads but it's what we have at work and needed something stronger than tea....also the girl in question is really good looking so I just used it as an excuse to talk to her :pac:

It's strange but I do notice a big difference, was wondering if it was placebo and idiotic man syndrome which I suffer from when talking to ladies - she could have told me the sky was green and I'd agree :D

You mean the sky isn't green?? She lied!!! :eek:

Depends where you are: ;)

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=821&g2_serialNumber=3

About the sky being green or her colorblindness?? :pac:

About the sky being green or her colorblindness?? :pac:

A little from column A and a little from column B...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

awec wrote: »
    Make her coffee for her some day. Blow her mind.

Just not in an elevator... Dear GodDawkins not in an elevator!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Galvasean wrote: »
    Just not in an elevator... Dear GodDawkins not in an elevator!

Ahh look at that, such a well trained A+er. ;)

...and that's a wink, not coffee :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I don't feel safe. :(

Ah sure it's a terrible dangerous world out there, all them people offering coffee and starting conversations....craziness! Don't you know this is how it'll end up...terrible stuff Joe.

• Advertisement

I reckon you're a huge joe Duffy fan kkk!

Ah boss AK Phone Show is bleedin deadly - dyaaaaknowarrimeanbuuuuuuuud?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Does the cafetiere keep it warm?
    Not really, but it's only ickle so there's about 1.5 mugs in it. Couldn't recommend it highly enough tbh! SO handy.
    We only have instant too, which is why I have my cafetiere. You should offer to make her coffee when you get one - that should really impress her! :pac:

Also not a fan of instant lads

Who is, really? Wham bam thank you ma'am. Then they leave.

:p:p:p:p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

bw, smutting it up like no other. :pac:

...seems more like a creamy beverage..
    Also not a fan of instant lads

Well when yer talking about instant lads with creamy beverages, of course its going to get BWs attention.. You just need to think before you post*..

*Think as in, how would BW possibly twist this into something perverted!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,316 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Morning! I'm sure it's supposed to be dark when I'm coming to work these days since we're only about a week from the shortest day.

Make her coffee for her some day. Blow her mind.

Nice idea thank you sir....that said if somebody made me coffee I'd be a bit weirded out about it - especially if it was nice...How did they know how I like my coffee, they got the sugar just right...are they stalking me? :pac:
    You should offer to make her coffee when you get one - that should really impress her! :pac:

My office is right across the way from where I'd get coffee and her office is a bit away from mine - perhaps next time I'm dealing with her I'll ask her if she wants to go for one.

What I could do then is offer to make it using this really cool technique and then basically do it the way she showed me.....then swear blind that she never showed me how to do it that way - because being a bit of a cheeky príck is always enjoyable :pac:
    bluewolf wrote: »
    Who is, really? Wham bam thank you ma'am. Then they leave.

:p:p:p:p
    *Think as in, how would BW possibly twist this into something perverted!! :D

If I did that for everything I wouldn't get out of the house in the mornings - nobody can compute the combinations of filthyness BW can pull out of a very generic statement :pac: (That's a compliment fwiw BW :D)

Finally - Galvasean - have I missed an elevator story here :confused:

Can I hears it please if so?? :)

If I did that for everything I wouldn't get out of the house in the mornings - nobody can compute the combinations of filthyness BW can pull out of a very generic statement :pac: (That's a compliment fwiw BW :D)
    There is a reason she is an actuary :P

Morning all :D Tis a great freaking day :D

• Advertisement

Pembily wrote: »
    There is a reason she is an actuary :P

Morning all :D Tis a great freaking day :D

Ah no frickin hope so :D

I'm off to Brussels today until Monday and not for work (for once!), lazing in the airport as I type.. yay :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Afternoon all!

How are we today?

Ok a few things I missed and had to deal with.....

you only found out about this now?! Where have you been - this is HOW you take instant coffee - you let the flavours mix themselves so you can get a more rounded fuller flavour! pffff coffee newb!!

now get rid of the milk and sugar and actually TASTE the coffee instead of masking it! :p
    I keep a jar of ground coffee in my desk drawer and a small cafetiere on my desk. That cafetiere is one of the best tenners I have ever spent! :D

Smart move! I do the same (but a big french press as 2 of us are coffee snobs here in work :pac: ) anyone ever tried those nespresso capsule things? they are horrible - not real coffee at all!

My next step is to get a coffee grinder to make sure the coffee is 100% fresh for every cup! (as soon asa you grind it - it starts to lose it's flavour - that's the smell (the more you know!!)

Afternoon all!

How are we today?

GUT! :) How's yourself GB?

you only found out about this now?! Where have you been - this is HOW you take instant coffee - you let the flavours mix themselves so you can get a more rounded fuller flavour! pffff coffee newb!!

now get rid of the milk and sugar and actually TASTE the coffee instead of masking it! :p

HEY HEY HEY!! - This is not my batman glass, I mean I'm no coffee newb - I just normally don't drink instant shíte but I was shattered at the time and our company only has instant :(

I've surely mentioned before my love of this bad boy, strong roast pods and cream = me

A man that can make a good coffee is a man worth keeping.
    :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Finally - Galvasean - have I missed an elevator story here :confused:

Can I hears it please if so?? :)

This, presumably.

Coffee? Blech. :pac:

Ordered arm sleeves for running, blaming Sauve...

• Advertisement

Ordered arm sleeves for running, blaming Sauve...

You will thank me in time m'dear ;)

Sauve wrote: »
    Tea in my case! Not a coffee fan...

I'm getting my hair done :)

Coffee lovers, have ye tried this stuff?

EDIT: Link won't work, the wesite is catshítcoffee.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

GUT! :) How's yourself GB?

I am good - Tired after a mammoth foozeball session at lunch! and still a bit stuffed up (longest cold ever!!)

you any news for me D'Agg?

HEY HEY HEY!! - This is not my batman glass, I mean I'm no coffee newb - I just normally don't drink instant shíte but I was shattered at the time and our company only has instant :(

Ok you are forgiven :p
    I've surely mentioned before my love of this bad boy, strong roast pods and cream = me

Honestly don't like them - well the nespresso one we have in work just has a really weird taste - even the strongests ones (i like my coffee strong) just leave a bad after taste! you cannae beat french press when you are in work!
    Sauve wrote: »

QFT!!

Anyone here been to third floor espresso in twisted pepper? my god - best coffee in Dublin by a f*cking mile!!
    Coffee lovers, have ye tried this stuff??

They sell it in this kiosk very near to my office - I'll be honest I am tempted - but i CANNOT pay €30 for a cup of f*cking coffee!!

I am good - Tired after a mammoth foozeball session at lunch! and still a bit stuffed up (longest cold ever!!)

you any news for me D'Agg?

Was playing foozeball in The Bróg last Friday night actually - against Germans so we got hockeyed but met a Sweedish lady in the process and probably meeting up with her tonight for a drink.

Heading home for the weekend - my Dads retiring at the end of the month and his staff party is this Friday so it's kind of his send off so heading down to it

Ok you are forgiven :p

Damn Straight! :D

Honestly don't like them - well the nespresso one we have in work just has a really weird taste - even the strongests ones (i like my coffee strong) just leave a bad after taste! you cannae beat french press when you are in work!

I love this one now I must say - nespresso at my old place of work wasn't even close to being as nice imo....that said each to their own - I used to have a peculator but the difference is phenomenal it has to be said :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement