Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,316 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Pembily wrote: »
    Tea in my case! Not a coffee fan...

Tea drinker here as well. Have been complimented a few times on my tea making.

The key is to only make tea for other people at a time they would most appreciate it. :P Coming in from freezing cold weather or heavy rain. Coming back from a weekend at a music festival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Tea drinker here as well. Have been complimented a few times on my tea making.

The key is to only make tea for other people at a time they would most appreciate it. :P Coming in from freezing cold weather or heavy rain. Coming back from a weekend at a music festival.
    I'll post up later our resolution to this in our house :)

You'll appreciate it I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Sauve wrote: »
    A man that can make a good coffee is a man worth keeping.
    :D
    QFT :D
    awec wrote: »
    Double espresso is the way forward. :cool:
    Espresso macchiato ftw :pac:

Hermione* wrote: »
    QFT :DEspresso macchiato ftw :pac:
    I want to get a steamer for making hot chocolates, mochas etc.

But what I really want is a lady who can make coffee designs on the top of my coffee for me! :D

Ah jaysus lad, c'mon now... :pac:
    I'd be using it for hot chocolate and that's about it - a few people who would call to my place drink mochas and latés, plus I know how to make them well so would be nice to be able to offer

My hot chocolate craving is for two reasons (1) It's Christmas and it's not christmas without at least one hot chocolate (2) O'Connaills is the nicest hot chocolate I've ever had and you can buy home kits from there so that'd be the job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Ah jaysus lad, c'mon now... :pac:
    You are in no position to judge :p

D'Agger O'Connails praline, half milk, half white hot chocolate is amazing, it's the best, smoothest and yet not too filling hot chocolate I've ever tasted. Damn now I want one.

I'm over travelling, can someone invent a faster way?? Please?

D'Agger wrote: »
    I want to get a steamer for making hot chocolates, mochas etc.

But what I really want is a lady who can make coffee designs on the top of my coffee for me! :D
    Why would you need a steamer for hot chocolate? :confused:
    I only like caffé mocha if the hot chocolate is really good quality. A lot of hot chocolates are either too thin or too sweet for my taste, and it ruins the balance with the espresso. A waste of good espresso :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Evening all. Been caught up with student selections for the last 2 days. It involves checking applications versus a spreadsheet. This country needs something like the CAO to do this stuff for the University! Just corrected a final that another lecturer and I set. 2 passes out of 11 students with the highest mark 48%. Hmmmm maybe the exam was too hard :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

I just watched this, oh so cute! Feeling all Christmassy now.
    Daisies wrote: »
    2 passes out of 11 students with the highest mark 48%. Hmmmm maybe the exam was too hard :p

Please don't write my exams :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Was in a bit of a mood on the way home from work today. Turned on Skype when I got home and a mate I've known most of me natural life but also who I haven't spoken to in effing ages rings me straight away.
    Cheered me right up just blathering on a complete load of shyte talk to him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I'd say alot of it is due to the fact you are over there mate and the silly season is around the corner,tough being away I'm sure.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

+1 to what Neccie said. This time of year is tough to be away from home. Surround yourself with good friends for Christmas to minimise the homesick feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Last day in work today then goin on the absolute BATTER at 6 bells.

Morning all :) Big party tonight, can't freaking wait.

Glad he cheered you up Panthro! Get a fab tree like Daisies!

Enjoy Nec, I'm sure beer cat will have fun...

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Ladies and Gentlemen of tGC;

It is currently 2.24am here near the Western shore of Canada, and this evening I have unfortunately confirmed something I was deeply afraid of...it would appear I am immune to the intoxicating effects of vodka & Red Bull and Baby Guinness.

That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Morning all!!

Just back from the cake run and it's work xmas night today - Over the last 5 weeks I have lost a stone - very likely to put it all back on tonight! :p

How are we all?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Morning all!!

Just back from the cake run and it's work xmas night today - Over the last 5 weeks I have lost a stone - very likely to put it all back on tonight! :p

How are we all?

Fair ****s to ya on losing the weight man, I can never seem to shake it!

Xmas party tonight, am missing the meal but will be there for mucho mucho drinks :D

• Advertisement

Why would you need a steamer for hot chocolate? :confused:
    I only like caffé mocha if the hot chocolate is really good quality. A lot of hot chocolates are either too thin or too sweet for my taste, and it ruins the balance with the espresso. A waste of good espresso :(

Basically that's what I'd use it for but it'd also be to offer mates mochas and látes which would be a nice touch....even if unnecessary :)
    Necronos wrote: »
    I'd say alot of it is due to the fact you are over there mate and the silly season is around the corner,tough being away I'm sure.

plusabillion! Glad to hear you got cheered up P :)
    Morning all!!

How are we all?

Any grumbling about the cakes this time?? :pac:

Well done on the weight loss my man - keep up the good work which will be tough during Christmas no doubt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Fair ****s to ya on losing the weight man, I can never seem to shake it!

Thanks very much - I'm telling ya - intermittant fasting coupled with actually watching what I was eating made a huge difference!
    Any grumbling about the cakes this time?? :pac:

There was no scones so we got this lovely big white bread roll - proper crunchy massive baguette - people complained about that - then a few minutes later were ****ing raving about it!! tres popular!
    Well done on the weight loss my man - keep up the good work which will be tough during Christmas no doubt!

Thanks - Yeah I do think I will put some of it back on - but if i stay on top of it, then it shouldnt be too bad!!

Basically that's what I'd use it for but it'd also be to offer mates mochas and látes which would be a nice touch....even if unnecessary :)
    I can see how it’d be nice for lattes and mochas but I really am failing to see how it’d be of any use for hot chocolate :o:confused: You just need warm milk for hot chocolate, no? Then again, I like my hot chocolate really rich and smooth, so maybe it’s a taste preference. Or maybe you have some fancier way of making hot chocolate which I have yet to read about! :pac:
    I have one of these for my lattes. Dead handy, as I can put it on the hob with my espresso pot :D

93-100_1.jpg
    Morning all!!

How are we all?
    Fair play on the loss Grames, that’s amazing!
    The lads in my office got their Friday chipper. The kitchen smells like a salt and vinegar crisp factory. It’s fab!

I can see how it’d be nice for lattes and mochas but I really am failing to see how it’d be of any use for hot chocolate :o:confused: You just need warm milk for hot chocolate, no? Then again, I like my hot chocolate really rich and smooth, so maybe it’s a taste preference. Or maybe you have some fancier way of making hot chocolate which I have yet to read about! :pac:
    I have one of these for my lattes. Dead handy, as I can put it on the hob with my espresso pot :D

You can use a steamer to boil milk, I'd look to get a pot like yours and steam the milk in it, then add the hot chocolate and start steaming it again - you can make it slightly frothy/bubbly rather than just heated - if you were using a hob or something.

Also the steamers heat milk so much faster I think - just going by experience working in bars making hot chocolate that way.

Just leave me alone alright, I'm a snob okay!! :pac: :pac:

When did Ireland become so fancy in their coffees and hot chocolates? I remember laughing at hearing orders for Starbucks on US tv shows. Now it's so much closer.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    When did Ireland become so fancy in their coffees and hot chocolates? I remember laughing at hearing orders for Starbucks on US tv shows. Now it's so much closer.
    I blame the parents

• Advertisement

I blame the parents

Wanting to give them a chance at the coffee they couldn't get in life.

Next thing you know, there'll be a place that makes it really awkward to just order a sandwich.

Christmas holidays are here!
    I blame the parents

On one of the placements I was doing Our News with the class (some of 'em tell a piece of news, others question them about it, all very exciting. Anyway...) So this little one puts up her hand and goes "I went for a manicure with Mummy after Starbucks on Saturday". I shít ye not lads.

Didn't really mind tbh, but c'mon this was a 5 year old, all the little rhinestones just fell off at the sand table. :pac:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Publicans of Dublin, it's time to get with the times. It's time to offer the people what they deserve. It's time to offer quality lager!

Punters need to unite behind this growing concern. Stand and be heard!

And you think Harp Is the way for it?

Oh Honey....

I'm way out west some place. I've no idea what county this is, but my hotel sells harp. All the more proof that dublins lack of harp is shameful!

Publicans of Dublin, it's time to get with the times. It's time to offer the people what they deserve. It's time to offer quality lager!

Punters need to unite behind this growing concern. Stand and be heard!

I've told you before, it's pronounced "wesht". :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Just leave me alone alright, I'm a snob okay!! :pac: :pac:
    Oh, I'm just intrigued, possibly too much so!
    Picky is my middle name ;)

I hate Starbucks. Really hate it. Give me a good espresso anyday :D

Did you have to produce your passport to gain entry to the Wesht, awec? :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

So, today I met a very famous boardsie, and one his friends...

Pacmanpic_zpsf8d2e743.jpg

So tempting to buy. I was rather excited and wanted to show work colleagues, but that would have involved explaining boards, and Mr. >> :pac:

Hermi where did you get that milk jug/pot?

Morning all! I didn't take enough photos last night :(

Grames well done on the weight loss!

So, today I met a very famous boardsie, and one his friends...

Pacmanpic_zpsf8d2e743.jpg

So tempting to buy. I was rather excited and wanted to show work colleagues, but that would have involved explaining boards, and Mr. >> :pac:
    Where are they....I want them :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Reads.
    They're post it notes.

GOOOOOD MOOOOOOOOORNING!!

*falls back asleep*

Morning all...coming to you live from Kilkenny!

So tired, coffee is most definitely required!

Morning all...coming to you live from Kilkenny!

So tired, coffee is most definitely required!

Pfftt, Kilkenny! What takes ya there? :P

Pfftt, Kilkenny! What takes ya there? :P
    Work, busy day ahead of trying to get stuff done before bolting back home!

How was everybodys weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

No college for a month!! :pac: Dunno what to do with myself. I think I'll ponder that a bit more, in bed. :D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Ah, I deserve it really. 11 weeks of placement. Its tough going.

Work, busy day ahead of trying to get stuff done before bolting back home!

How was everybodys weekend?

Ah ok, I'm a Tipp man so my hatred of Kilkenny is instilled in me at birth :p

Good weekend, work xmas party Friday, didn't make a holy show of myself (success).

Then a meal on Saturday with the missus and her parents, was gorgeous! Now back to the real world!

Pembily wrote: »
    Hermi where did you get that milk jug/pot?

Morning all! I didn't take enough photos last night :(

Grames well done on the weight loss!
    I bought it really cheap in a supermarket in Milan. If you know somebody in Europe, I’d say you could get them in a lot of countries with a coffee culture. I’d try Stock or Kitchen Compliments for them here, but that’d be pricier.

Larianne wrote: »
    Ah, I deserve it really. 11 weeks of placement. Its tough going.
    This is true!

Only 3 days of work left :D:D:D
    I bought it really cheap in a supermarket in Milan. If you know somebody in Europe, I’d say you could get them in a lot of countries with a coffee culture. I’d try Stock or Kitchen Compliments for them here, but that’d be pricier.
    Feck, I might check here anyway, housemate would love one!

Morning all, had an amazing weekend, just great!

Ugh, reading that AH thread about creepy stories last night wasn't a good idea...woke up at 4 from a horrible dream about crutches, now falling asleep on the way to killarney! Swapping over and driving soon, someone wire me up to some coffee please before I crash and kill us :)

Ugh, reading that AH thread about creepy stories last night wasn't a good idea...woke up at 4 from a horrible dream about crutches, now falling asleep on the way to killarney! Swapping over and driving soon, someone wire me up to some coffee please :)
    That you were on them or what?

I was having trouble sleeping as well and when I did finally drift off, I was having a Walking Dead related dream, which I think would actually make a good storyline. :)

• Advertisement

Thanks awec for explaining - I'm on a phone so can't link posts or explain properly like this (or ever really - but shh). Gave me the horrors so it did...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement