Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

awec wrote: »
    What?

FFS!! :rolleyes:
    Is it 11?

How do you survive without lunch? I go cracked and grumpy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Pembily wrote: »
    Oh no, you have man flu, have you died yet :P :P

Don't have man flu - as I am still walking and able to go to work! man flu is a killer you know! :p
    Soup is amazing, what did you have?

I had half a carton of avenmore vegetable soup! with 2 slices of the softest wholemeal bread ever (from M&S) it was all kinds of awesome!
    D'Agger wrote: »
    Calm blue oceans D'Agger.....Calm.Blue.Oceans!!

71808e5b-3979-41ce-9fac-72354669848a.jpg

What?

FFS!! :rolleyes:
    I get it now :o I am having a dumb day :rolleyes:
    Don't have man flu - as I am still walking and able to go to work! man flu is a killer you know! :p

I had half a carton of avenmore vegetable soup! with 2 slices of the softest wholemeal bread ever (from M&S) it was all kinds of awesome!
    Yes man flu is a killer if you are a man, women don't complain as much :P

I love M&S, their food is amazing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,316 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yes man flu is a killer if you are a man, women don't complain as much :P

That's cos women don't get man flu

http://manflu.info/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

I get it now :o I am having a dumb day :rolleyes:

I also didn't get it :p
    And that match on saturday was very depressing (and cold! )

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

soup is awesome!! That is all!!

I still have a damned cold - it has lasted about 7 years it feels like by this stage! Although in good news I have still managed to lose weight in the week that contained serious over indulgence during the work xmas party! :)

How is everyone else here?

My sympathies GB, have the aul manflu myself, into its second week now.. not pleasant.. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Hermione* wrote: »
    Welcome to my world! I have replaced lunch break with a daily banana :(
    Managed to get a subway there - walked back into the office to about 5 new problems though....happy days!

CastorTroy wrote: »
    That's cos women don't get man flu

http://manflu.info/
    No we just get normal flu and suck it up!
    I also didn't get it :p
    And that match on saturday was very depressing (and cold! )
    Phew :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Managed to get a subway there - walked back into the office to about 5 new problems though....happy days!

Welcome to the world of IT, if you're not halfway under a desk wrestling with a PC, or your head halfway into a server which a bit of a sandwich hanging out of your mouth, then you're not doing it right!! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Hello! I post a lot in the Online Dating thread but I've never been in here before :D

miamee wrote: »
    Hello! I post a lot in the Online Dating thread but I've never been in here before :D

Welcome.. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Hi. :D

SKeHp.gif

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Welcome to the world of IT, if you're not halfway under a desk wrestling with a PC, or your head halfway into a server which a bit of a sandwich hanging out of your mouth, then you're not doing it right!! :D
    This is true - my problem today is down to multiple problems coming my way when I'm in the middle of another, really outlining our need to organize an online ticketing system - we don't even have a ticketing system in place as is!! Running spiceworks locally on my laptop in an attempt to stay on top of the small stuff!

Also, Welcome Miamee :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Might just relax this evening.
    Any plans, folks? :)

• Advertisement

Just got my tux sorted for a wedding over Xmas, so its some laundry and then chill..

Your sig reminds me that I've some normal cleaning to do - college notes to recycle...

Is a tux normal gear for a wedding?

This is true - my problem today is down to multiple problems coming my way when I'm in the middle of another, really outlining our need to organize an online ticketing system - we don't even have a ticketing system in place as is!! Running spiceworks locally on my laptop in an attempt to stay on top of the small stuff!

Also, Welcome Miamee :)

There are multiple free open source ones out there which might be worth trying and once they get used to it, then the thoughts of doing without one may make them fork out some euros on a decent one..

Have a look at RT (Request Tracker).. Linky

And back on track to Mens Stuff.. :D

Your sig reminds me that I've some normal cleaning to do - college notes to recycle...

Is a tux normal gear for a wedding?

Its a black tie wedding on NYE..

I've been doing a spring cleanout since April, still going.. :D

Should be an interesting vibe at the wedding on NYE.

We had to make a bit of noise because the people who provide tech support for our website we not picking up our tickets.

• Advertisement

Should be an interesting vibe at the wedding on NYE.

We had to make a bit of noise because the people who provide tech support for our website we not picking up our tickets.

Its a family wedding and the cuz getting married is coming home from Oz to get married so it will be a big event, looking forward to it actually.. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Wrapping up on the sofa with a film to try and defeat oncoming cold. I refuse to be sick for the holidays!

Its a family wedding and the cuz getting married is coming home from Oz to get married so it will be a big event, looking forward to it actually.. :)

Ha! Think the guy I sit beside at work is going to the same wedding. Said he's a got a black tie wedding on New Year's Eve as well. Where's it in?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Ha! Think the guy I sit beside at work is going to the same wedding. Said he's a got a black tie wedding on New Year's Eve as well. Where's it in?

Very possible. It's in Cork..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I too have a NYE wedding,not black tie though thank fook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Hi miamee!

One of my best mates is home from college in the UK so seeing her in a bit, very excited :)

Very possible. It's in Cork..

Ah not the same one then.

12 Pubs on Friday, though I'll be honest and say I'll only be going for 5 or 6

Necronos wrote: »

I actually like the idea of a black tie wedding.. kinda classy and all that.
    Plus I've been told I polish up really well (when I put the effort in..) ;):p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

LUNNNNNNNNNCH TIME!

(I see that I wrote the above in CAPS...not care I though....not care I!!)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Braahhhh!

What are you having? Some moose?

Close! Some form of chicken slice in a sambo(chicken over here is woeful expensive!)
    And a cuppa coffee that cost me 25 whole cents! (Or a "quarter" as they say locally...by the locals...living locally..I refuse to call it that as I'm a thicko immigrant that hasn't a clue you see!)

me FICKIN' caps light IS ON permanently, WHICH MEANS i've no idea WHEN they are on or OFf.
    begger.

Deleting old emails, found my registration for boards, hah. A few hundred mails deleted anyway...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Morning all. Trying to organise people for Christmas is a head wrecker! I might just feck off to the beach on my own!
    Currently on top of all my exam grading which means I won't have a HUGE pile waiting for me when I get back!

Daisies wrote: »
    Morning all. Trying to organise people for Christmas is a head wrecker! I might just feck off to the beach on my own!
    Currently on top of all my exam grading which means I won't have a HUGE pile waiting for me when I get back!
    Wuhooo, go you :) Organising them will be worth it, you'll have a blast!

I decided not to cycle as I'm wrecked and the pr!ck of a bus driver is a pr!ck. He was stopped at the stop and wouldn't let us on :mad: This hasn't helped the grumpiness :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Morning all!! How are we? This damned cold still isnt shifting - but Tarantino soundtracks on the music system is helping greatly! Pulp Fiction into Reservoir Dogs - f*ck yeah!

This is you, isn't it:

:D

Worst.Comeback.EVER :pac: :pac:

Panthro wrote: »
    And a cuppa coffee that cost me 25 whole cents!

Damn you with your cheap caffeine!
    Morning all!! How are we? This damned cold still isnt shifting - but Tarantino soundtracks on the music system is helping greatly! Pulp Fiction into Reservoir Dogs - f*ck yeah!

That sounds unreaaaaaaal!

C'mooooon Friday!! Get here already! For now I guess it's happy hump day all!

Wrapping up on the sofa with a film to try and defeat oncoming cold. I refuse to be sick for the holidays!

How's that working out now? Plenty of time to the holidays, wouldn't worry about it :)
    Necronos wrote: »

On the topic of new years weddings had to working for two weddings in a row on the respective new years eve(s?....evi?) and while it wasn't the worst, it still wasn't great craic working until 7am both times....anyway, something I've done at weddings since is give a tip to one of the bar staff early in the night before they get too busy and tell them to look after you later :) They'll remember you if they're anyway decent at their job and you won't have to wait too long for drinks that night :)

Last full working day before the holliers - woohoo! Good morning everyone :D

• Advertisement

How's that working out now? Plenty of time to the holidays, wouldn't worry about it :)
    Not too bad, feeling better today (thank you Mr. Lemsip) and I have stocked up on Strepsils for the day :) Thanks!

Not too bad, feeling better today (thank you Mr. Lemsip) and I have stocked up on Strepsils for the day :) Thanks!
    Glad to hear!

I only need to buy for my dad and one small thing for my buddies but I'm broke until Friday - still waiting to get expenses from work :mad:

Anybody else all leaving shopping until the last minute?

...something I've done at weddings since is give a tip to one of the bar staff early in the night before they get too busy and tell them to look after you later :) They'll remember you if they're anyway decent at their job and you won't have to wait too long for drinks that night :)

Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.. I worked in the bar trade for 8 years and some peeps in bars just don't get it. They tip you but then think they own you for the night. It doesn't work that way.

Yes its nice to get a tip and yes I will certainly keep an eye out for them every time they are at the bar but I will not be dropping everything just to suit them. Then they get p*ssed off and the usual line comes out.

"I'm paying your wages"

And I reply..

"Well thats very decent if you, so if you're paying my wages, what are the other 100 people at the bar doing? Giving me a tip?"

Usually shuts em up fairly quickly.. :pac: :D

Anyway,

Morning all, Only 6 days to Xmas!!!! :P

Glad to hear!

I only need to buy for my dad and one small thing for my buddies but I'm broke until Friday - still waiting to get expenses from work :mad:

Not last minute, but I had my sisters pressie arranged and the shop I was buying it off announced late last week that it won't be in until after Xmas, so cancelled that and now have to go order it online and pay through the nose for express shipping :mad:

So much for supporting your local economy :rolleyes:

I normally do, but I have been super organised this year. Just have to get the last thing for my mom, sister and boy and I can get them all on my lunch :D Sorted!

Last year my Christmas shopping was a disaster as I had to do it one handed :pac:

Waiting on expenses sucks D :(

That should be a good wedding TP - NYE is all the rage now for weddings, it's a good time as NYE can be pretty crap!

Welcome miamee :)

Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.. I worked in the bar trade for 8 years and some peeps in bars just don't get it. They tip you but then think they own you for the night. It doesn't work that way.

Yes its nice to get a tip and yes I will certainly keep an eye out for them every time they are at the bar but I will not be dropping everything just to suit them. Then they get p*ssed off and the usual line comes out.

"I'm paying your wages"

And I reply..

"Well thats very decent if you, so if you're paying my wages, what are the other 100 people at the bar doing? Giving me a tip?"

Usually shuts em up fairly quickly.. :pac: :D

Anyway,

Morning all, Only 6 days to Xmas!!!! :P

True - you'll have it happen to you every now and again - tbh - I find the people who act in that manner haven't even tipped tbh, dear god when I think of some of the people I came across doing bar work.....*shudders!

Shít buzz on the present scenario too, hope the shipping comes through for you at least!

• Advertisement

Shopping all done brah, the wonders of the internet! Tis a remarkable thing.

Just got to wrap it all!
    Don't be a fool wrap your.....christmas....presents :confused: :pac:

Don't be a fool wrap your.....christmas....presents :confused: :pac:
    It's much nicer when presents are wrapped!!!

It's much nicer when presents are wrapped!!!
    Is that you Bluewolf?? :pac:

Is that you Bluewolf?? :pac:
    I am totally confused! Way too sleepy today, my brain isn't working :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement